Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual Extraction in Survival

PorkedPork

I would appreciate personal extraction for all endless missions, not just survival.

Hopefully Railjacked atleast brings personal extraction to the large tilesets ("open world").

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Because the rest of the team would be left a man down. Why should they be punished just because you queued for something you didn't have time for? Those are both you problems, not theirs. 

It's bad enough that they get punished either way. You should get your punishment too.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Because the rest of the team would be left a man down. Why should they be punished just because you queued for something you didn't have time for? Those are both you problems, not theirs. 

At least the remaining squad members would have a chance to continue the survival. If they don't feel comfortable continuing with one less man, they can always extract as well. Often times, I'll enter a public survival b/c it's more fun than playing solo. However, the rest of my squad almost always wants to extract before I do. With individual extraction, I'd be able to continue my progress in the survival mission instead of having to extract against my will. On a similar note, I used to have problems as a newer player in which I'd enter a public survival with a bunch of endurance players who would refuse to leave at a reasonable time. I wanted to keep my rewards from survival, but the rest of my squad didn't want to extract, leaving me outmatched against waves of lvl200+ enemies. Long story short, I ended up using all of my revives and losing my mission rewards. Had individual extraction been available, this wouldn't have been a problem.

My advice would be to organize a survival in recruiting chat so that everyone knows what they're getting into, and can act as a reliable squad mate who leaves at the same time as everyone else. Public squads are inherently disorganized, so adding a feature such as individual extraction would be a welcome feature in my eyes.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Pick up games that are outside of recruit chat have different time frames. Personal extraction would allow people to queue up for an endless fissure without recruit chat and leave whenever they are comfortable. I don't see how this is a negative.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

So why make it the same for defense missions? No one leaves until everyone wants to?

Queuing for a Survival mission should not mean signing up for a 30+ minute mission where if you leave your drops are forfeit.

Edited by Maqabir

1 hour ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It's bad enough that they get punished either way. You should get your punishment too.

The irony here is that the rest of the team will be left a player down anyway when that person is forced to abandon the mission. There is no plausible reason why a player should not be able to extract and collect their rewards once the objective is completed. Notice the stipulation there? They helped to complete the extraction condition for that mission.

If you want to keep playing that is your own personal choice. Just as it is the other player's choice to choose when they want to extract. It's not a 'you' problem, it's a time commitment issue; and some players do not have the time to spend playing that others do.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Since you BRILLIANT people insist on bringing this up again. I will, myself, repeat thus. 

If you want individual extraction you must surrender half of your gathered resources to the rest of the group who are there to keep going. 

Change my mind. 

Because usually, those other 3 would want to continue...  

Punished for queuing up for a mission, that mission offering extraction but not being able to leave?

How is it fair to "punish" somebody for successfully completing a mission and wanting to leave after? 

3 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Since you BRILLIANT people insist on bringing this up again. I will, myself, repeat thus. 

If you want individual extraction you must surrender half of your gathered resources to the rest of the group who are there to keep going. 

Change my mind. 

They already get more resources because they stay longer though... 😕

8 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Change my mind. 

Haha, someone needs to be carried.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Haha, someone needs to be carried.

Ty6nuEK.gif

7 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

They already get more resources because they stay longer though... 😕

And @ everyone else who thinks they should be able to leave for free

So basically you want to just say "GOT MINE LOL TIME TO ABANDON MY TEAM"? And you can do this any time for free? 

1 minute ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Yup. And they are allowed do the same, they didn't sign up for anything but completing the mission, and that happens at 5 min ( or 5 waves).

So I am also welcome to use my team as a means to an end and just abandon them on a whim? 

27 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Ty6nuEK.gif

So basically you want to just say "GOT MINE LOL TIME TO ABANDON MY TEAM"? And you can do this any time for free? 

No, once you complete the extraction condition any player should then be able to extract on their own.

1) This allows them to leave when the content becomes too challenging, or they have a time restriction that forces them to leave.

2) This prevents the entire team from being forced to extract in case you want to stay for a few more extractors/reward cycles or if only 1 person is leaving then you can continue until #1 is met (the content becomes too challenging or you don't have time).

3) As a bonus if you find a super rare mod then you can instantly extract as long as you completed the mission objective. Like say Condition Overload drops, do you really want to risk the mission crashing or seeing how far the team can go?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

it's a time commitment issue; and some players do not have the time to spend playing that others do.

Then play a spy or something if you can't commit the time. Don't drag others down just because you're greedy.

If I have to go pick my kids up in 45 minutes, I'm not going to start an hour and a half long movie and then whine when the movie doesn't bend to my time constraints.

If I go into a survival fissure, I'm expecting 4 reward options at the end of the round. If you leave that forces me to either play with 3 rewards or leave and start back at a first wave A rotation. That's you screwing my finely managed play time. You shouldn't be rewarded for that.

I don't bail on people cause I respect other peoples time. God forbid I expect other people to respect mine. On the rare occasions that I do have to bail, I feel so bad about it that losing my rewards isn't even a thought. I know empathy is a dead quality in online games, but give it a shot sometime.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

Then play a spy or something if you can't commit the time. Don't drag others down just because you're greedy.

If I have to go pick my kids up in 45 minutes, I'm not going to start an hour and a half long movie and then whine when the movie doesn't bend to my time constraints.

If I go into a survival fissure, I'm expecting 4 reward options at the end of the round. If you leave that forces me to either play with 3 rewards or leave and start back at a first wave A rotation. That's you screwing my finely managed play time. You shouldn't be rewarded for that.

I don't bail on people cause I respect other peoples time. God forbid I expect other people to respect mine. On the rare occasions that I do have to bail, I feel so bad about it that losing my rewards isn't even a thought. I know empathy is a dead quality in online games, but give it a shot sometime.

Survival missions require 5 minutes after the alarm is activated. Just because you decide you want to go for 20 isn't my problem. If you want to play for more than 5 minutes then there is a way to form a group using chat so that everyone agrees on what they are doing. If you are playing a PUG then there is no reason that everyone needs to agree on how long they want to spend in a mission.

And for the record, you should really go 25 on fissure since you get an extra relic. As for the whining about not being able to finish a movie, you are doing exactly that because one player isn't meeting your private time requirements. Maybe you shouldn't have started a PUG fissure.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And for the record, you should really go 25 on fissure since you get an extra relic. As for the whining about not being able to finish a movie, you are doing exactly that because one player isn't meeting your private time requirements. Maybe you shouldn't have started a PUG fissure.

With the abundance of options in this game for getting relics, staying to 25 for the sole reason of getting an extra relic is a waste.

PUGs are casual. No one should be forced to stay longer than they want to. Just let people extract at 5 minute intervals.

If you absolutely need to stay to a certain time, then the burden should be on you to either 1) arrange something in team chat, or 2) gear up so that you can accomplish it solo because you should not be able to dictate to the three randos you were matched with when they can leave the game.

4 hours ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Yes, because that's exactly what happens in Defense mission. If a player doesn't want to go as long as the group they are free to leave every 5 waves.

There's no reason they should be penalised when they have completed the objective

11 hours ago, (PS4)RockGotti said:

With the abundance of options in this game for getting relics, staying to 25 for the sole reason of getting an extra relic is a waste.

For all the time players spend grinding for relics getting a free upgraded relic of the same type as the current fissure is not a waste.

19 hours ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Queuing for something you don't have time for is going to the minority of outcomes ~ many things can occur that leave someone stuck or having to abort and lose their progress. For missions that don't have "rounds" there should be a Terminal at Extract that requires the player wanting to leave to hack. Maybe have it only come online after 5mins are up and then for a small duration around each "5min window" For the person suggesting people have to surrender their loot ~ why the heck would they when you can leave a squad in other modes and keep all your earned items?

Maybe its just me but the fact that someone wants/needs to leave a survival doesn't bother me if they ask (you can stay silent and stand on extraction till the void cows come home and i will ignore you) but would much prefer to have the ability to keep on going if that person leaves and in fact would welcome the extra amount of targets to shoot.

Edited by AzureTerra