Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what are the worthwhile rewards for playing Plains of Eidolon content?

zoobmer

Question

22 answers to this question

Cetus decor, arcanes, mod sets, gara, glass fish thingy

also fresh air for your operator, new tenno weapon(amp) to make them more deadly, spending hours and hours for those pigments from that bird and dargyn pilots, infinite wonder what that big thing is at a distance in the ocean west of gate and whats beyond the plains, wonder why you cant go in that one cave that goes beyond the shield but only available in plague star, having taht thought of the Unum seeing your every move including peeing in the bushes and much much more

10 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Arcane Enhancements from Eidolons, that's pretty much it.

10 minutes ago, Magnitude98 said:

Zaws! Build your own melee? 

Awesome Arcanes.

Tenno Amp's & customization

Fishing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9 minutes ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Zaws, amps, and arcanes

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Poison___Insect said:

I think the only worthwhile rewards you can get is arcanes, not amps, or zaws

• I'm better off just trading for arcanes and mods
  • I'm better off just using orthos and detreza then farming zaws
  • what are amps even useful for at all?
11 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Personal choice if you consider the orbiter decorations from Cetus to be worthwhile or not. 

Because FASHION FRAME!

fashion frame applies to my loadout; no one will see my orbitor

10 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

Fun.

but it's not fun; at least not compared to the vast number of other things I could do instead; both on warframe, and on other games, and even in regards to streaming a video.

9 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Cetus decor, arcanes, mod sets, gara, glass fish thingy

also fresh air for your operator, new tenno weapon(amp) to make them more deadly, spending hours and hours for those pigments from that bird and dargyn pilots, infinite wonder what that big thing is at a distance in the ocean west of gate and whats beyond the plains, wonder why you cant go in that one cave that goes beyond the shield but only available in plague star, having taht thought of the Unum seeing your every move including peeing in the bushes and much much more

that is a really long comment. just tell me if I didn't address anything?

8 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

Then you do you. 

Amps are just a fun gimmick that add to your Tenno's abilities. Used for killing the Teralysts. 

Why not farm a Zaw? Great fun, fishing & mining.

In retrospect, if you where going to just push all ideas out the window, was their a need for the thread? 

Edited by Magnitude98

18 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

fashion frame applies to my loadout; no one will see my orbitor

but it's not fun; at least not compared to the vast number of other things I could do instead; both on warframe, and on other games, and even in regards to streaming a video.

that is a really long comment. just tell me if I didn't address anything?

Weeeell, if you don't want to play Warframe.. you don't exactly have to.

12 minutes ago, Magnitude98 said:

Then you do you. 

Amps are just a fun gimmick that add to your Tenno's abilities. Used for killing the Teralysts. 

Why not farm a Zaw? Great fun, fishing & mining.

In retrospect, if you where going to just push all ideas out the window, was their a need for the thread? 

first off, I do not enjoy fishing and mining. second off, the point of this thread was to see if there were any rewards I missed, since all the ones I noticed touring Cetus didn't seem worthwhile.

6 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

If that's your idea of a long comment, then I feel the need to question your attention span.

I have literally been diagnosed with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome. since you insisted, I read their comment and... I did not understand any of it!

4 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

Weeeell, if you don't want to play Warframe.. you don't exactly have to.

I want to play warframe; I just see no reason to play the Plains of Eidolon content in particular. there is still plenty of other content in the game I enjoy. there is so much in warframe that fulfils the 'submission' aesthetic for me; as well as prepares me for quests, which fulfil the 'narrative' aesthetic. I consider myself a narrative person first and foremost, the the 'submission' parts are both intrinsically rewarding for their own sake, and extrinsically rewarding due to 'narrative' quests.

refrence: aesthetics of play. you can google "8 Kinds of Fun" for a concise list

1 minute ago, Zavenosk said:

You clearly have yourself set against playing Plains of Eidolon content.  So just don't.  Buy anything you need from other players and ignore Cetus. 

yeah, that seems best. I still play it every now and then, but I can't seem to figure out why. I guess it can be a decent change of pace?

I really hope Fortuna is more engaging & rewarding.

One of the main draws for me is specific Relics.  I know Interception is good for Neo and Axi Relics but a) I find it boring being on the same tile for multiple rounds b) there are so many Relics that it gets frustrating if you only need one specific Relic.  Until yesterday I needed the Limbo Prime Neuroptics to finish Limbo Prime, from the Axi L2 Relic which is available from the top level Bounty.  As I was chasing that one Relic and didn't need any other Axi Relics I'd rather run that Bounty, with multiple possible objects instead of the 4 same rounds of Interception.  In addition to me finding it more varied thus less boring and more fun, 4 Rounds of Xini gives me two 12.50% chances at an Axi L2 while Bounty 5 gives two 33.04% chances, one 27.54% chance and one 43.18% chance, so I have better chances and more chances to get that Relic per run.  The rewards gained if I don't get an Axi L2 are also perferable to me (since I don't need any other Relics) as Kuva and Endo are always handy and Breath of the Eidolon, Cetus Wisps and Eidolon Lenses are useful to people who take part in other Cetus based stuff.

Mods....Auger, Hunter, Vigilante sets are all pretty damn useful.  

PoE is worse if you PUG.   Try to run it solo so you can go at your own pace and get all the action.   

Eido's are a little to dificult for my liking.  I got my Tier 3 amp.   Dont really care about arcanes, none of them seem OP or anything.  If "specific condition happens" then you have % chance of triggering this effect for x seconds...  geee thanx.....  wish it was easier so I could just go to have fun.

Zaws have plague arcanes you can stick on them...  This lets you send out energy when you bullet jump or ground slam(depending on arcane).  I stil have not built one though lol. 

Arcanes, mods that you can only get from Plains (like augur reach and secrets) tho you can buy them from other players. Zaws are good but i prefer normal weapons. Getting operator AMPs are really only useful for the Plains (Eidolon hunting). Some of the operator arcanes are very nice for normal missions (2x Magus Elevate is amazing). Oh - and you can bypass daily Focus cap by doing Eidolons, easily getting 200k+ focus per night. And some Riven challenges require you to do them in the Plains. Gara and resources that are Plains exclusive.

17 hours ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

Arcanes, mods that you can only get from Plains (like augur reach and secrets) tho you can buy them from other players. Zaws are good but i prefer normal weapons. Getting operator AMPs are really only useful for the Plains (Eidolon hunting). Some of the operator arcanes are very nice for normal missions (2x Magus Elevate is amazing). Oh - and you can bypass daily Focus cap by doing Eidolons, easily getting 200k+ focus per night. And some Riven challenges require you to do them in the Plains. Gara and resources that are Plains exclusive.

Operator amps might be much more important when The New War drops, since we know we will be seeing a lot of sentients in that content.

On 2018-07-15 at 2:18 PM, Katinka said:

One of the main draws for me is specific Relics.  I know Interception is good for Neo and Axi Relics but a) I find it boring being on the same tile for multiple rounds b) there are so many Relics that it gets frustrating if you only need one specific Relic.  Until yesterday I needed the Limbo Prime Neuroptics to finish Limbo Prime, from the Axi L2 Relic which is available from the top level Bounty.  As I was chasing that one Relic and didn't need any other Axi Relics I'd rather run that Bounty, with multiple possible objects instead of the 4 same rounds of Interception.  In addition to me finding it more varied thus less boring and more fun, 4 Rounds of Xini gives me two 12.50% chances at an Axi L2 while Bounty 5 gives two 33.04% chances, one 27.54% chance and one 43.18% chance, so I have better chances and more chances to get that Relic per run.  The rewards gained if I don't get an Axi L2 are also perferable to me (since I don't need any other Relics) as Kuva and Endo are always handy and Breath of the Eidolon, Cetus Wisps and Eidolon Lenses are useful to people who take part in other Cetus based stuff.

to each their own, I guess? when I farm relics, I want a fast way to get as much ducats and plat as possible. things I actually want to build are secondary. also, I find endless missions more engaging then cetus bounties. ultimately, this comment comes down to preference.

On 2018-07-15 at 8:08 PM, Zegopharo said:

Every unique Zaw Strike and Amp Prism provide Mastery EXP. None of them are tradeable. If that, and anything above isn't enough for you, then you don't have any reason to do PoE.

Yet.

I can get mastery in other ways though. I'd treat zaws as mastery fodder anyway.

On 2018-07-15 at 8:55 PM, (PS4)AWSAH2 said:

They give relics right now there are quite a few limbo relic bounties just to grab some plat 

see above

On 2018-07-16 at 4:05 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Mods....Auger, Hunter, Vigilante sets are all pretty damn useful.  

PoE is worse if you PUG.   Try to run it solo so you can go at your own pace and get all the action.   

Eido's are a little to dificult for my liking.  I got my Tier 3 amp.   Dont really care about arcanes, none of them seem OP or anything.  If "specific condition happens" then you have % chance of triggering this effect for x seconds...  geee thanx.....  wish it was easier so I could just go to have fun.

Zaws have plague arcanes you can stick on them...  This lets you send out energy when you bullet jump or ground slam(depending on arcane).  I stil have not built one though lol. 

• I have literally never gotten any rare or uncommon set mods from Cetus, and had to buy them with plat anyway
  • I hate soloing in a co-op game or MMO
  • I have no idea what I'm even doing when I fight eidolons
  • as I said, zaws don't interest me. I previewed all the stats, and decided I don't want one.
On 2018-07-16 at 5:00 AM, ARKANOiiDe said:

I already answered most of these, but I really do want those operator arcanes, and I also would like to get Gara at some point, so I guess...

tenor.gif?itemid=4730848

as for focus, I will never farm that. it takes so long to get it, that the system might as well not even exist!

14 hours ago, Reverse830 said:

Operator amps might be much more important when The New War drops, since we know we will be seeing a lot of sentients in that content.

we'll see about that. I can always farm standing if that happens. quests don't drop very often, so I have plenty of time to play them when they do.