Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Plains of Eidolon and Venus Suggestions

--Draven--

Hello, I just wanted to share my thoughts on Plains of Eidolon, where it was successful and where improvements can be made as Venus is going to be released in the future.

• Fishing

• In my opinion fishing was implemented really well. Different fish spawn in different parts of the map, and the use of baits to spawn the fish that you need specifically and aiming for those fish aside from the other fish is pretty good in my opinion. My only complaint/suggestions would be having more bait based fish, other than just murkrays, available during the day and maybe making larger fish give more of their respective resource, such as medium murkrays giving two livers and a large giving three livers rather than one given by the small.My hope for the Venus update would be to implement fishing in a manner similar to this, where certain fish spawn only in certain areas so that they are easier to farm for. Also, maybe slightly less species of fish, but certainly not more.

• Mining

• I personally dislike mining a lot and for a number of reasons. The changes/balancing/additions they did to mining made it slightly better but i still feel like i would rather forma all D polarities on my frames and weapons than to farm RNG for radian sentrium and heart nyth. I personally think there is too much RNG involved in getting radian sentrium or heart nyth and if you do get it you only get ONE, two with a booster, which just feels like S#&$. I know someone spotted a mining vein in the Tennocon gameplay, so i only hope that when its implemented there are some changes that make it more bearable. Here are some of the changes that I think might make it better, and am open to comments and critiques.

• This first idea scraps the current mining system. Not sure how feasible this idea is, since i have no programming/video game experience. First of all removing mining veins all together, and instead replace them with different gem and ore deposits similar to how we have different resource deposits dispersed in different maps or how iradite appears. Second make Gems spawn solely inside caves and Ores spawning solely outside caves. Next to get the respective ore or gem we would just need to hit it with our cutters for a few seconds, no drawing an outline or a random shape or anything, would be similar to trying to kill an enemy with a gammacor but with a cutter and hitting a gem/ore deposit. Keep the three different cutters, and allow all of them to mine any ore or gem, however make it so that the nosam cutter (1st cutter) takes 30 seconds of firing at a deposit to extract the gem/ore, the focused nosam cutter takes 20 seconds, and the advanced cutter takes 10 seconds so there is a reason to get the better cutters. With this idea i wouldn't mind only getting one sentrium or nyth with the condition that every instance of loading out into the plains spawns at least three sentrium and three nyth deposits, going up to six of each at any given time, that are dispersed randomly among the available the caves on the plains. Lastly, i would think that making these not client sided so that people can help each and mark specific ores and gems for other players around the map. I think this would make mining less RNG and less grindy, similar to fishing, allowing people to farm the particular gem/ore that they need at any point.If this idea is possible i could like something similar implemented in Fortuna. In addition, since the map of Fortuna is going to be significantly larger than that of the plains, if there are lots of new gems and ores being added, i would suggest making certain gems/ores spawn in certain quadrants of the map.

• My second idea would just be to change and buff some values of the current mining system if my first idea isnt a fix or possible. To start, I personally think that if we are going to keep the cut the outline mechanic of mining, I would like to remove the weird shapes/designs that you can currently get (getting the nike logo or some figure eight is cool but its annoying to cut IMO) and replace it with simply shapes such as squares, rectangles, etc. Currently when i go mining and i get a weird shape i just scribble over it and move on getting whatever. Also, i would it if the base value of sentrium and nyth per vein was increased to three from one, since you need more eidolon gems than fish parts for operator arcanes, and since getting a specific fish is easier, in my opinion, its really annoying to farm these eidolon gems.

• Eidolons

• I personally like the teralyst fight, it involves both the operator and the warframe to take down a giant sentient. The hydrolyst and gantulyst fights are also really fun to play, however even after the visual changes i still think there is way to much stuff going on my screen and its annoying at time, other wise i like the attack variations and the core mechanics of the fight.One main thing that I personally dont like about the eidolon fight is that it can be done mainly with a select few frames at a decent pace, I sorta wished that i could jump into the fight with any warframe and complete a tridolon or two tridolons in a night. I just think that with the 35 warframes available, but only really a few are regularly used for the fight. This is just nitpicky, but idk i just think that if someone really likes a certain warframe they should be able to do this content just like any other content, but again thats just my opinion. The only other thing i dont like about the Eidolons is that they can only be hunted at night, which can mean for certain players that they can only hunt these things every so often depending on when they are able to play and whether its night or not, making it content sort of locked at times, where as every other content can be played whenever. But i understand that if you could farm eidolons at any time then there would be mass, non stop farming of them by certain players who would then obtain a crap ton of arcanes, which would then disrupt the arcane economy and etc.My hope for Fortuna and the big spiders is that they can be farmed regularly and with greater warframe & weapon diversity than eidolons, while also involving operator mechanics and weapons in the fight so that there is content other than just eidolons that requires the use of operators.

• Fortuna

• Hoverboards - Like everyone, I am really looking forward and excited about the hoverboards, customization, movement, etc. In addition to hoverboards, maybe down the line, I had the idea of futuristic bikes, like the bike from the batman movies made to look like it was from the warframe universe and with even more fire power. Imagine zooming into a corpus base and blasting them with your bikes cannons. Would love to hear from you guys on if this would be cool or not, maybe its just me. ^^

• Wildlife Rescue - Cool and unique addition, that i am excited for but all a bit worried about. My main concern is that we might need to rescue a certain number of specific species of animals for progression in Fortuna, which may become tedious and unfun, similar to mining maybe i think, and my only suggestion for this so far is that if there are many different species of animals that roaming Fortuna, maybe have certain species only be found in certain areas of the map, such as the mountains in the north, near the trees of the southern boarder, etc, so that the grind/farm for these animals isn't purely RNG and annoying. This would allow us to rescue the certain species that we might need for progression more easily allowing people who would rather do other things to more easily move on from this and do what they would like.

• Corpus Base Captures - this is a feature that i am really looking forward to, being able to get new bounties from the outside would be wonderful and something that we have wanted on the plains. I do have a few questions about this, but im not entirely sure how much DE have thought out this idea.

• Are we going to be able to capture multiple bases at any given time?

• Do the bases we capture get recaptured once we leave Fortuna, making it so that we need to capture bases each time we go outside?
        If a DE member does read this, since the map of Fortuna is going to be larger, i was wondering if there can be a few very large corpus bases (5-7) spread across the map that have their own particular multi step bounties with much higher level enemies that start with us slowly taking corpus supplies and strangling a base of resources and ending with us sieging the base which turns into a defend the area from corpus & spiders for 10 mins after which the base will be captured. Enemy lvl being 80+ to make it slightly challenging. In addition, maybe make it so that we can jump directly into Fortuna at one of these bases once captured from our ship (Click on map > Click Venus > Click Fortuna plains or whatever, not the place where the Solaris United Hub is, > Click on one of these special bases and land there). Maybe reset all smaller bases every time you go in and out of the plains of Fortuna, while these few bases get reset either like sorties, daily at an appointed time, or like once a week like maroos hunt or maybe every three - four days with a timer present somewhere. Would love to hear everyones thoughts on this. Not sure how it would work if once person has captured the bases and someone hasnt, maybe like how taxiing works is the only solution/answer i can think of.

• If we stay outside long enough will the bases start getting attacking by the corpus as they try to recapture the bases and then we will have to either go back and defend or let the base go? (hope this is a thing)

Well, if you actually read all of that thank you, and would love to hear feedback. 

Mining note: plzno, this is not RuneScape, let's not stare at a vein hoping for something to come out eventually. Determinism for placement? Sure. Removing the interactive/skill component to success? A big negative.