Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs a proper Warframe pvp and not unreal tournament pvp

Bigamo

Hi, I have been thinking (I thought you would like to know), and the pvp we have in Warframe isn't Warframe at all. It's way more Unreal Tournament than Warframe. So I would love a game mode with those characteristics:

-Objective based.

-hordes of minions.

-super long time to kill for epic frame vs frame combat. (Like 0.1 or 0.05 of the damage beIN applied in frame vs frame)

-Full use of our own frames and weapons builds and abilities.

- solo and team modes.

Reasoning: let's be honest here, Warframe isn't a space ninja game for a while already, it is a super hero game. That's the feeling of the game, still the conclave pvp plays NOTHING like that. It plays like Unreal Tournament... 

Things that define Warframe as it is today: 

-Super powered frames that fight hordes of enemies.

-Player customisation of frames and weapons to fit their own styles.

-Epic fights super weeboo!!! 

- most of the time long time to kill on frames. (Excluding lvl100+ enemies)

Conclave is kind of the opposite of that:

-super fast time to kill.

-super restricted in the use of abilities and builds.

-Those things together make for a experience that very little resamble Warframe at all.

DE have been looking at Warframe pvp as if Warframe was a Unreal game, instead of what it become, possibly cause of DE past with Unreal games.

Meanwhile Warframe pvp should look at stuff like Titanfall and MOBAS to really find it's place.

Using the super huge amount of player customisation as a bless, instead of trying to take it as a curse and remove it from the game.

When 2 super powered frames match each other in battle it must move epic, not just a matter of jumping around landing a single headshoot. Cause of that I suggest that frames just take 10 or even 5% of the damage made from other frames (with 90% damage reduction my opticor can still one shoot most of the builds in the game lol).

Am I the only one to feel this way? We put a lot of effort to build and customize our frames, let us use them!

Kisses to all.

I think no more (warframe Pve)-dev time or rewards should be moved to PvP.

At 20 million registered loosers accounts and the current PvP player stats they might as well do a PvP spin-off that does not affect the actual game in any way and has its own reward system. This would allow for a complete rebuild of mechanics with PvP-focus and a dev team dedicated to only that.

DE is already working on a PvP game, though, the amazing eternals, so this is not bound to happen probably.

2 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I think no more (warframe Pve)-dev time or rewards should be moved to PvP.

At 20 million registered loosers accounts and the current PvP player stats they might as well do a PvP spin-off that does not affect the actual game in any way and has its own reward system. This would allow for a complete rebuild of mechanics with PvP-focus and a dev team dedicated to only that.

DE is already working on a PvP game, though, the amazing eternals, so this is not bound to happen probably.

The amazing eternals got cancelled. And there is no reason to make it as Warframe can do it TOO.

Edit, and not many new stuff would have to be created, even the old Dark Sectors maps can be used, that's not the problem, Warframe totally needs proper pvp to become the complete game it aims to be.

Edited by Bigamo

UT 2004 and UT3 was actually pretty good games and its kinda why i like the PvP in warframe. Conclave was a step in the right direction as we kinda had what you suggested before for PvP and it was a absolutely broken mess of who could bring the most cheese to a fight first and end it in a instant. What your suggesting sounds no better to me.

1 minute ago, Hieracon said:

UT 2004 and UT3 was actually pretty good games and its kinda why i like the PvP in warframe. Conclave was a step in the right direction as we kinda had what you suggested before for PvP and it was a absolutely broken mess of who could bring the most cheese to a fight first and end it in a instant. What your suggesting sounds no better to me.

So you missed the 90 or 95% damage mitigation part, with the exact objective of letting the fights be epic, and missed the minions part too. (That original dark sectors had, and it was a LOT of fun,imo, still ttk was to shoot, way too short).

4 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Why put effort into something they tried so many times in the past and failed? PVP isn't for Warframe, PVE is their market, and they've been very successful at it. No point in trying and failing yet again

Cause they don't put enough effort in the past. If they followed your advice there would be no Warframe today at all.

And great part of the problem is that the pvps don't felt like Warframe, ever. With notable exception of the original dark sectors. But they removed it to rework and never again.

Edited by Bigamo

Just now, Bigamo said:

Cause they don't put enough effort in the past. If they followed your advice there would be no Warframe today at all.

Yes but they've tried so many times, why take the gamble? DE said they've learned from Lunaro, they're not gonna be doing PVP. Just focus on the PVE side, and they're gonna be succeeding.

Just now, Bigamo said:

So you missed the 90 or 95% damage mitigation part, with the exact objective of letting the fights be epic, and missed the minions part too. (That original dark sectors had, and it was a LOT of fun,imo, still ttk was to shoot, way too short).

Pure damage reduction wont work when you have broken stuff like 90% speed slows from abilities like M-Prime or tanking abiliies like Iron Skin that could soak up thousands of damage. Theres a reason for why DE redid conclave as that was so that they could better balance it because the abiliies in PVE are absolutely broken if you try to apply them to PVP. Also this isnt Dark Sector, its Warframe. The pacing was alot slower in Dark Sector. Nor do i see why adding a mixed game of PVP/PVE is going to accomplish when there is a reason for why the two was separated in first place.

Who the hell wanted lunaro? Well, that's a miss to me. There is nothing to do with the frames we put so much effort into. So we go, work hard to make the most powerful Warframe possible, and then have nothing to do with it. And I am against the powergrind that so many ask here, it just keep pushing the problem forward while making the problem deeper.

15 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Development on that game was stopped, unfortunately. All the money we founders paid was returned to us by DE. 

Just now, Bigamo said:

But that's exactly the point you are missing here, the idea is to let over the top stuff be over the top, THAT'S what Warframe is about. In the game mode I suggest who would win, a super tanky rhino or a super cheese sarin? I think it would be interesting with sarin not even close to the front and still pushing it while the think search for her.

Its not what Warframe is about nor would that be any fun. The Saryn litterally couldnt do anything in a direct confrontation not to mind the Rhino could just stomp to stop her from running. How is that even remotely balanced? It would just create a overpowered meta around specific frames that would have no counter. There would be no gameplay in that, just straight up boredom for the people getting slaughtered thats not using the meta frames.

The main problem is that DE doesn't want a PvP mode with the outrageous power of the PvE frames which is why the frames are restricted and limited in the conclave. It would just turn into who got the first hit with how PvE builds are created. DE does have a small conclave team working on it I believe. They tried to introduce a more sports-based PvP with Lunaro but it failed due to lack of interest in PvP content + latency stability + lack of post-launch support (remember talks of tournaments?). People get annoyed by Conclave Events whenever they try to support it, it's just not what the majority are into for Warframe and DE knows and has acknowledged it.

Edited by Vindicative

17 minutes ago, Vindicative said:

The main problem is that DE doesn't want a PvP mode with the outrageous power of the PvE frames which is why the frames are restricted and limited in the conclave. It would just turn into who got the first hit with how PvE builds are created. DE does have a small conclave team working on it I believe. They tried to introduce a more sports-based PvP with Lunaro but it failed due to lack of interest in PvP content + latency stability + lack of post-launch support (remember talks of tournaments?). People get annoyed by Conclave Events whenever they try to support it, it's just not what the majority are into for Warframe and DE knows and has acknowledged it.

That's why I suggest a 95% damage/ control reduction in the main post... To let over the top be over the top.

I feel that at this rate anyone who tries/has tried to suggest any fair and needed changes to Conclave will be shot down by almost everyone.
At this rate everyone should just leave Conclave to gather all the dust until DE decides to get some of the more exclusive rewards like the cosmetics out from behind the PvP grind wall.
It's a shame too because PvP could very much work but with the community and devs being so split on what Conclave needs in order to be improved, there's no chance of it ever getting recovered to being enjoyable for all players to hop in on.

Warframes and their abilities are too strong, not to mention the fast paced movement. All this in consideration it makes a big skill gap between players, players that are mostly being exposed to PvE which doesn't make much of a challenge. Imo warframe players don't want Battlefield or Call of duty kind of games, competitive, but are here for the PvE. You try it once, it's ok but there are no rewards and no point in playing conclave. Lunaro looks nice but sadly nobody plays it.

I would however like it more if there were special events where PvP and PvE are joined together. Regular missions, teams of enemies, one side defending, the other attacking ( i think DE already did this once? before my time).

Also another suggestion was to make PvP in perspective of Greniere, Corpus and Corrupted and not the warframes. This would reduce the huge skill gap between players and offers quite a lot of possibilities from mission types to lore...but the question still remains, do the players really want this?

Edited by PakkiTheDog

I enjoy PvP and I totally agree with you, PvP needs more love, I am part of the few people who plays conclave for fun.

-Yes it needs a better PvP with epic fights, because two battle god facing each other must have to be epic.

-I always liked the Idea of an invasion PvP system, and now that Lotus is gone, I see that as a nice way to let some tenno stray from the paths and choose their own ways. (Tenno vs tenno)

But again there are many players who will might throw fire at me for saying this... so anyway here is an example of how it should feel when two battle gods face each other in a battle:

Now I am not saying it has to be that way, just it must feel like a challange and give you that "wow" feeling when you do a nice move while fighting.

like you can see how they fight in that video imagine a similar way in warframe, but who knows? Melee 3,0?

Edited by Strkiller16