Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Venus) Let Players Fire From the Hover-Board (Conditional)

A-Midnight-Shanking

It seems like it'd be sick to pop an olly and gat someone right after.

Steve mentioned that players wouldn't get off of their Boards, and that it would be a concern. 

He has a point. However, this could be circumvented by having "Corpus Bunkers" as some routine Mission Objectives. (Essentially making it a more convenient option for the player to get off the Board for certain incursions).

These bunkers would involve things like retrieving Data-masses from inside a compound, blowing up subterranean pumping station equipment (using existing Corpus Tilesets with an elevator to the surface)

Hack into an elevator (need to get off), get onto the lift (another interaction prompt, need to get off) leading into a corridor system.

Of course, if time limitations are an issue (extra animations, assets, etc.) then of course it'd be best to release these as additional features in the future.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

So your solution to people just speeding around, shooting enemies with next to no danger, is to literally bury missions so that you are forced to get off the board?

This is preferable to just not allowing shooting from the board how?

I am having trouble seeing how shooting on hoverboards would be that powerful in the first place. First, aiming is going to be extremely difficult. Then there is that little thing where you (probably) won't be able to use any abilities, leaving nearly every Warframe extremely squishy (must be nice to be Inaros). And on the topic of abilities, you won't be spamming any of that mass AoE CC or DPS. And you know those awesome Zaws you built in Cetus? Those won't help you either.

Like, this game is about a lot more than guns, arguably guns are some of the weakest tools in our arsenal in some cases, that feels like plenty of a trade-off for having high mobility. This game is built on mobility and enabling you to move however you wish.

I really don't want K-Drives to feel as shut down as Archwings do on the plains, using a hoverboard should allow for new ways to tackle problems, not be relegated to just transportation from A to B.

10 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I am having trouble seeing how shooting on hoverboards would be that powerful in the first place. First, aiming is going to be extremely difficult. Then there is that little thing where you (probably) won't be able to use any abilities, leaving nearly every Warframe extremely squishy (must be nice to be Inaros). And on the topic of abilities, you won't be spamming any of that mass AoE CC or DPS. And you know those awesome Zaws you built in Cetus? Those won't help you either.

Like, this game is about a lot more than guns, arguably guns are some of the weakest tools in our arsenal in some cases, that feels like plenty of a trade-off for having high mobility. This game is built on mobility and enabling you to move however you wish.

I really don't want K-Drives to feel as shut down as Archwings do on the plains, using a hoverboard should allow for new ways to tackle problems, not be relegated to just transportation from A to B.

There’s always the AoE weps which are more than enough to only use them and nothing else...I kinda see your point though. If you see the AngryJoe interview with Steve he said that the devs are divided on that as well, Steve is on the side that it should offer up oppertunities to atk and do dmg....iirc he said something like you jump with the board, have a small period where you do bonus dmg then get back on the board. If it’s implemented correctly that would be pretty awesome 

Against smaller enemies I’d agree with you, but I think DE’s concern is with mama spidy just like with the eidolons, they don’t want them taken down quickly, and with k-drive shooting I’d imagine it’ll be a lot easier to shoot and dodge attacks at the same time 

I have problems with a lot of this. Burying missions not only breaks the combat but all forward momentum in every sense. It effectively renders the boards a moot addition to the game and at any moment that they would possibly allow archwing in the terrible plains version of it, that would still be more preferable to the boards at that point.

On the other hand, simply limiting the boards to being a non firing state is just as bad. It effectively means that ether you go into a stupid run to plop yourself into a crowd and then ready weapons, all the while being shot at and shot up. The second option to using them in that state goes back to the forward momentum breaking point again. You end up left with the option to approach and stop at a distance before they see you, jump off the board, ready your weapons, and then begin your assault.

Both options are just as bad currently. One totally breaking the point of the board in the first place and the other putting you at an instant disadvantage or similarly breaking the point of the board. I've made another thread on the topic before and I'll suggest it here again. Use on the board deployables that you can drop off the back end. Personally I'd like the boards to be entered into the player building format like the kit guns and zaws, but even with out that deployables at least allow for some measure of offence/defense when using the boards regardless if you're just buzzing by or if you're setting up for a fight. Being able to deploy a bubble shield or wall shield like Volt or Frosts would at least decrease the amount of rounds you take up the butt trying to dismount the board at the very least. Being able to deploy a turret gun or two would at least serve as a distraction so you're not getting shot to pieces or even use proper squad tactics to allow multiple turrets to hit groups from more than one side. A cluster of proximity mines could prove well enough of a stun or kill enough to actually allow some kind of tactical use of the board as well.

I'm not saying allow all of those to be used on a single board, but allow one out of the group to be used and give it a reasonable cool down. The 10 min cool down on air supports is so ridiculous that no one uses them and in the rare moment that someone uses a Liset one, it basically means that that use was pretty much it for the mission. A 1 min cool down would be far more appropriate for something like this since you're going to be dismounting the board anyway. Regardless, it still doesn't stop anyone from using deployables once they're off the board anyway.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DrBorris:

I agree with everything thats been said here..dont think it would be overpowered to use primary and secondary guns on the overboard. Meleeattacks would be Op though, especially if you could perform slideattacks that work with maiming strike 😄

Btw, i think the bunkier-idea could also be fun and add some variety to the bounty missions. maybe you should be forced into this "hallway"-type gameplay everytime you approach enemies, but if it happens sometimes it would be a nice addition.