Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice - Meh

Kashuken

2 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Have to disagree here, only because Gravidus Dilemma was fight over control of "Tenno".

Whom Sargys Ruk got his Augmented armor from "Tenno" and Alad V rebuilt "Tenno" as Zanuka. Clearly Alad later clarifies as seeing inside a Tenno and not making sense of what was inside. 

-I assume they were interchanging between Warframe and Tenno. Other wise Ruk is crafting Alloy Armor from Tenno Children, Zanuka is also crafted from Tenno Children and Alad V has been dissecting Children for experimentation and not Warframes all this time.

Alad V Various Quotes:

• "Oh, Tenno, Project Zanuka is the next step in your evolution. I will make you a hundred times stronger! Why resist this?"
  • "Huh, I can't decide Tenno, have you come to save your friends? Or just steal my property?"
  • "Now play nice Tenno, Zanuka is one of you. (Laughs) Actually, come to think of it, Zanuka is many of you."
  • "You must be asking, 'Alad, what's in this for you?' It's simple really; I scratch your metal back, and you scratch mine. All the credits in the system aren't worth half as much as a Tenno owing you a favor."
  • "Of course, the Lotus sends the mute peasants to disrupt my business. So please, come closer. Let me introduce my latest line of robotics, hybridized with Warframe components. Zanuka! KILL!"

Seems like Alad V interchanges between Tenno and Warframe, as if they are one in the same.

I think it's more because from the Corpus and Grineer perspective, Tenno = Warframe in all practicality. Tenno are only ever seen as the Warframe. I mean, until The Second Dream, the only ones who know of it are the Lotus and (by unknown reason) the Quills.

I like the operators story wise, but hate them gameplay wise. It's just another version of arching in that it sounds cool, but plays boring.

I hated everything about the Sacrifice except the story. Even though it did turn into another we created this and turned on us story.

I enjoyed TSD and TWW a lot more. I'm glad they got it out for those who wanted Umbra though. I'll be waiting for TNW. 

I personally think it was mediocre but still enjoyable if somewhat disappointing. It didn't live up to the hype...that is for sure. 

I like the concept of the operator but gameplay wise it is a clunky system that needs an overhaul. And this quest only emphazised that need. Specifically the battles between Umbra and the operator are in my opinion poorly designed and one of the biggest reasons why I think The Sacrifice was disappointing. Those battles are supposed to be a highlight but instead they were anti-climactic. 

Especially in comparison with other Quests...this one is just "meh".

In general the missions and questline didn't really feel connected (imo) to the story line and acted more like formalities to get to the next cut scene instead of working towards a build up or emphasizing what happened during the cut scenes.

Maybe it is because it actually needed some more time to develop and the quest overall was rather short so it felt like it took some narrative leaps that didn't logically flow. I don't know...but that is how I personally feel about it.

That said...the quest redeems itself in its story concept and the story it tells...eventhough I feel that it could (and should) have been integrated better with the actual game play and missions...the story is actually good and I can certainly see what they were going for and appreciate it even if the integration overall wasn't a great success (imo!). It sure as hell was packed with information, details and gave us more pieces of the overall puzzle while at the same time raising more questions to be solved in the future. 

I can understand that from a game play perspective the cut scenes with Teshin could be seen as "boring" but for me they were narrative highlights that tried very well to capture a sense of coming dread, powerlessness and treachery. 

The last mission was game play wise a bit short and not as epic as it perhaps should have been...but narratively created a huge and very well done cliffhanger that left me wanting more of the story and looking forward to the next chapter. 

And seen as a chapter in an ongoing saga...it works. 

Graphic wise...there was some very nice design in there. 

Enemy wise...I love the new mimics...and I feel they should be integrated in high level missions. It would be a shame if they were never used again outside of the quest.

Reward wise we knew Umbra would be a stronger version of Excall but otherwise more of the same. The only thing I think was a dubious decision was that Umbra was already maxed which robbed me of the chance to get more points and to level it. But that is nitpicking and again a personal perspective. 

Extra note: all of this is personal experience and personal impressions and not at all meant to disparage the opinion of people who loved the quest.

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

11 hours ago, Kashuken said:

Pure disappointment, the only thing i sacrificed was time and effort into a poorly made quest.

Operatorframe as it is now called became key again where i had to space magic out of a powerful warframe and become the emo child where i died quickly and just respawned for about 10 minutes while i spammed some terrible powers and touched my target to trigger some flashback on par with a b movie featuring a Na'vi with an extra long arm. My warframe is slowly becoming basic transport because i am forced to use the emo child due to DE forcing terrible mechanics onto us and making quests which focus around emo child who is as useless as a chocolate teapot and it is not going to get any better and i know this will become worse because they will not allow us the option to kill it off and go back to being awesome super powerful space ninjas who nuke things for the fun of it.

Really what did we find out? the lotus buggered off and the operator has mummy issues and now abandoment issues to boot, still doesnt stop the lotus from giving missions it seems and upgraded ordis was probably the best thing that happened tbh. The reward of the Umbra warframe was a let down, reskinned Excalibur which is good for sentinal bashing and thats about it but requires to take up a few more mod slots instead of it being unique to the suit itself which is a missed opportunity.

Warframes were the Tenno to me, they were a race on there own and did not need an emo kid to control them, lore wise its as simple as this.

• Warframes are Tenno, beings grown for the orokin war against the sentinals
  • Orokin stab them in the back by killing there general
  • Tenno wait to strike and then hammer them when defences are down at a victory party
  • Tenno scatter and lay low since they are no longer needed, enemy is gone/vanished
  • Tenno reawaken hundreds of years later due to new threats like Corpus/Grineer and later find out old enemies maybe also be pulling the strings

Thats damn basic but does the job well, no need for terrible plot ideas which were never needed, the stalker could easily be a Tenno spy or a rogue Tenno who disagrees with there ideals and works to bring them down for personal reasons maybe, the orokin just want revenge, the sentinals want revenge and victory, the Tenno want to keep peace in the systems.

Now i know you complain how do we control other warframes well thats quite easy, Tenno are like ants and have a hivemind so to speak but you only start off with one warframe and to be able to aquire other frames all you have to do is defeat the warframe in combat and then link up with it and then you are able to switch from one to the other but to stop it being godlike from the get go you still have to use your frame to level up and bond with it, this can be through tests/quest or also on planets where they live or guard a population perhaps. It could even become a family and certain frames together give perks and boosts, even send them on missions if you are not using the frames to gather resources etc and give a proper backstory for each one.

See that, nice and simple really and a different way to acquire a frame with plenty of room to expand the lore without ballsing it up.

Back to the quest itself weakest entry of the 3, Second dream was better but the twist is still one of the worst ideas ive ever seen in a game and was a huge letdown and everything onwards from that slowly got worse as it became operator frame and the lore became a joke.

I agree 100% i hate my operator and if anything i find him/her/it being more than a liability. And before i get hated by operator lovers, i did get amp 223 and 323 while having maxed out both vazarin and and zenurik (unbound) so i did try to give my inner child a chance. I hope we get a chance to mature the operator to at least a young adult who becomes mute because of the sentients cutting his vocal cords.

10 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

Warframes can't be Tenno since that name has to do with the Zariman 10-zero so let's say that the Frames are just Frames.

Orokin stab them in the back why?Cause they created them to fight for them as u said.Just for the plot?Ok...

If that's the case there would not be no reason to continue working with the Orokin or attend a victory party in their honnor.

If all of the above are true there were never needed they were created and used and who is the enemy Orokin or Sentients?

Corpus and Grineer aren't new threats.

Also since frames are frames who switches from frame to frame?Why a frame would defeat another frame to acquire it or bond?

So your suggestions don't do the job well, pretty much the opposite.Like it or not the whole universe of Warframe is around those emo kids from the start.If it weren't for them there would be no Lotus, no Tenno etc.

I agree the Sacrifice was weak in comparison to the other 2 but still.None forces you the operator the only times you have to play as operator are in Eidolon hunt which gets you focus and gear for your operator so it doesn't affect your warframe play and in story quests.But you don't like the story to begin with so why bother playing the quests in the first place?

He does pop up from time to time (in my case very frequently for some reason) spamming you as a unremovable malware in your HUD. 

"The transference is strong"

"For the lotus"

"That was a close one" 

11 hours ago, novalery said:

So

you don’t like it because you can’t use your operator very well... or you don’t like operator so you don’t bother to learn on how to use them correctly. couldn’t do the mission correctly because of it. And because of that you don’t like the mission.

well. You do you friend... i like the operator. even maxed his naramon focus tree. It is the first class that i choosed, without even looking into it in the internet, because i like its description. 

I did die in operator form during this mission, but only a few times because i goofed up. But i did play Go very well vs ballas.

All in all, i like this quest. it is the best one of the three main quest

Don't know what the fuss is all about

I did it with no waybounds,arcanes and using a rank 3 starting amp

I died 4 or 5 times

If you don't have the reflexes to dodge in a 3-second window go play candy crush

Edit: also if anyone wants to see a Meh-ception check op's profile

Nezha? Meh

War within? Meh

Parkour? Meh

I could go on forever but I need to complete my 1000 mawfish collection so cya

Edit 2 : Wow he also seems to want to get excal prime 

And dont bring up that bullS#&$ about a "so called contract" Not all contracts are signed in parchment using a feather quill

Edit 3 : WTB huge mawfish 5-100 p depending on massive size

Edited by (XB1)AbroadGem64683

12 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

I think it's more because from the Corpus and Grineer perspective, Tenno = Warframe in all practicality. Tenno are only ever seen as the Warframe. I mean, until The Second Dream, the only ones who know of it are the Lotus and (by unknown reason) the Quills.

And the Cephalons seemed to know but not care to disclose. Except re-reviewing Ordis' dialogue, it matches up with Ordis knowing Warframe and Operator are distinctly different. Even his snarky comments still keep the two separate, both pre and post Second Dream reveal.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

if you dont like the operator from a gameplay aspect just think of it as the warframes 5th ability. moddable via focus.

i hardly ever use amps outside of eidolons, but i use the abilities all the time - like the crit boost and the damage and elemental boost and the ability to traverse long distances it just extends the warframes abilities if you don't like the lore. thats cool you don't get down with the story - i dont "get" the hype around harry potter for instance but others love the story. 

you frustration seems to come from your inability/unwillingness to adapt.

Basic replies to everyone

My lore is boring - It is a simple basic outline of what could be which would make more sense and be able to be expanded alot more and alot easier. Like i would tell you what twists i would add but it would not be an emo kid in the boot

You want it to be a COD clone - Warframe is not a cod clone in the slightest

Get gud - Well i have a warframe for that but i am forced to use a terrible shoddy mechanic which still makes zero sense

Get gud in operator frame - Again i have a warframe which is far more powerful yet i am forced to use the kid

You hate the operator thats why you hate the quest - The quests and the operator are interlinked but the lore sucks in general and the quests are meh

You hate the operator - Yes i do, a shoddy pathetic twist on boring lore which introduced a S#&$ty gameplay mechanic which is forced onto the playerbase more and more is how i can simply put it.

The operator is truly terrible, slow, clunky and weak and thats the tip of the iceberg. The game is slowly becoming more and more wrapped around this one mechanic when all i wanted to do was be a space ninja and blow S#&$ up but if i want certain things and do quests or reroll a riven mod i am forced to revert to this stone age method.

Warframe is being replaced with operator frame except it is a weaker and less fun game as a consequence.

I wont bother replying to this anymore, most of you seem to like operator frame so no point in going on about it, best i can hope for is that i dont lose my warframe

Loki master race

21 hours ago, Kashuken said:
  • Orokin stab them in the back by killing there general
  • Tenno wait to strike and then hammer them when defences are down at a victory party
  • Tenno scatter and lay low since they are no longer needed, enemy is gone/vanished
  • Tenno reawaken hundreds of years later due to new threats like Corpus/Grineer and later find out old enemies maybe also be pulling the strings

this is like 80% wrong 

where did you even come up with this?

1. Warframes are not Tenno. Tenno are the children that were imbued with void energy aboard the Zariman 10-0 ship. Warframes are the infested drones that the Tenno use with Transference.

2. They have no "general"

3. They didn't do it by themselves. Ballas orchestrated the whole coup because Margulis was killed. 

4. They weren't scattered, they were put in the Second Dream by Margulis to hide them away from the Orokin.

5. This is the only correct statement 

Operatorframe as it is now called became key again where i had to space magic out of a powerful warframe and become the emo child where i died quickly and just respawned for about 10 minutes while i spammed some terrible powers and touched my target to trigger some flashback on par with a b movie featuring a Na'vi with an extra long arm.

I agree that the boss fight is freaking godawful, but... 

My warframe is slowly becoming basic transport

...the quest actually aimed to reverse that last part. Warframes are now characters again, with backstories and personalities and a distinct relationship with the Zariman kids. Therefore...

...this is actually a thing again. I have been saying for two years that a Zariman kid with no Warframe is no Tenno, and Sacrifice proves that, at least on a thematic level (along with vice versa on a more literal level)

I... I mean..... ok?

If you're going to use the absolute barebones lore that puts as little effort into the game as you possibly can, completely disregarding everything DE has built up and absolutely ignoring the point of the Sacrifice - which DE CLEARLY STATED WAS A LORE QUEST - then I have no words. You're just an idiot.

Are the mechanics clunky and annoying? Yes. Its the second freaking version of the Operator Mode. Why you'd expect anything more than what we have is beyond me.

The Sacrifice is designed to show a deeper bond between the Tenno and the Warframe. To show not only what the Warframes really are, but how much pain they're in. And how where the Warframes protected the Tenno from danger, the Tenno protect the Warframes from the trauma of who they really are.

Honestly. Its like you came straight out of COD.

Sounds like headcanon straight up from based unfinished lore DE had in earlier Warframe version.

I get that people hate operator mode as much as archwing mission.
TBH, I used to think the same. But after investing focus trees, amp building, and crafting magus along with virtuos. Operator can hit friccking hard and survive nearly well outside their warframe. I believe people who done their Tridolon fight, finds the operator part on sacrifice quite trivial.

If you want to play this game ignoring your actual character, you are gonna have a bad time with quests, because story involves character interaction and a stable of biomechanical killing machines is not a character, your Tenno is the character.

If you don't want to play Shepard, don't play Mass Effect even if you like the setting's "Mass Effect". If you don't like the Tenno when don't play Warframe even if you like the Warframes.

On the plus side, this thread has been a gold mine for my ignore list, so I've got that goin' for me.