Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Deluxe Skin

(PSN)Neltran

So I just saw the art of war(frame) video from TennoCon. And they talked about a Deluxe Skin for Excalibur. Not a reaveal or confirming that there is one already, but just that they still would (like to) make one.

I personally would like it to be a samurai themed skin. Not only because Warframe is mainly influenced by japanese art / culture /stuff, but because the edo attachements. They dont really seem to fit. They seem to be kinda off. At least thats what I feel about them. They would perfectly fit to a samurai themed skin. You know like the idea of this:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qdRnn

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? What would you like the deluxe skin to be like? 

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)Thang Hung:

If my Excalibur looked anything like the picture you shared I would never, ever ever put him down. To tell the truth I haven't put Umbra Excal down since I got him anyway but, if he looked like that..... 

Not exactly like this. Only the idea of a samaurai themed skin. It was the first one that got my eye after a quick search for "coole samaurai armor". It would still have to fit into the warframe universe.

Gerade eben schrieb PoisonHD:

I wouldn't use the skin if it looked like what's in the picture, I'm not sure what I would want for a deluxe for him, but I don't like the idea of a samurai.

what would speak against a samurai? to me it seems to fit because of the japanese influence.

Gerade eben schrieb Sasha_The_Lynx:

What would be more fitting, considering his name, would be a more knight like appearance (even his alt helmets have something to do with a knight). A samurai look doesnt fit him. Just my side of the coin really.

thats what i thaught too. i just considered a samurai to be more realistic to be revealed by DE and my main arguement is obviousl.y the japanese influence xD. What kind of knight? There are different types and styles in RL. 🙂

2 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Wait, DE implied they want to make "another" Deluxe Skin for Excalibur, despite the Proto Deluxe Skin already existing? Do you have a link for this video?

You don't have to look far, they said they wanted to make multiple deluxe skins during the devstream, you didn't even watch it?

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

Not exactly like this. Only the idea of a samaurai themed skin. It was the first one that got my eye after a quick search for "coole samaurai armor". It would still have to fit into the warframe universe.

Of course not exactly the same. I just meant anything close to it (looks at Samurai tattoo on arm), I just really like Samurai.  

vor 1 Minute schrieb AlMcFly:

Wait, DE implied they want to make "another" Deluxe Skin for Excalibur, despite the Proto Deluxe Skin already existing? Do you have a link for this video?

To them the Proto was never a deluxe. Sure, its a longer video. I think you will find the anser in the last 10 to 5 minutes. since its answered in a Q&A round.

Just now, (PS4)Neltran said:

thats what i thaught too. i just considered a samurai to be more realistic to be revealed by DE and my main arguement is obviousl.y the japanese influence xD. What kind of knight? There are different types and styles in RL. 🙂

Something in style of a Camelot knight or whatever you can call it, like ''Hail Sir Knight'' type of knight. His sword skin could easly be either a classical inspired sword, or the Sword in The Stone, aka Excaliber itself.

2 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Proto skins =/= Deluxe skin, they said the same thing with Volt's proto.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

what would speak against a samurai? to me it seems to fit because of the japanese influence.

For me, Excalibur isn't a samurai, he's a knight. A futuristic knight would fit better, and on top of that a samurai skin would clash with Gara, who is actually modeled after one.

3 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

At Tennocon Devstream they said after Nidus and Nezha they have done one for everybody so it's time for a second round to start. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

To them the Proto was never a deluxe. Sure, its a longer video. I think you will find the anser in the last 10 to 5 minutes. since its answered in a Q&A round.

Ah, maybe I got distracted when mentioned. Will watch again, thanks.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

At Tennocon Devstream they said after Nidus and Nezha they have done one for everybody so it's time for a second round to start. 

Well there's a few others besides Nidus and Nezha that don't have deluxe skins, Harrow and Gara for instance, Zephyr needs one, and Titania's concept is already done so they will have to complete that.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb PoisonHD:

Proto skins =/= Deluxe skin, they said the same thing with Volt's proto.

For me, Excalibur isn't a samurai, he's a knight. A futuristic knight would fit better, and on top of that a samurai skin would clash with Gara, who is actually modeled after one.

Gara? Is this confirmed? I am not doubting you but I just cant see that (O-o)

Well a knight is close, but he would rather be using a shield right? And since its "Ninjas Play Free"-Excalibur a samurai seems to be more fitting, wouldnt it?

7 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Ah, maybe I got distracted when mentioned. Will watch again, thanks.

You got it right here, I've put the time code with it too:

"& it basically does confirm we will be doing multiple deluxes for Warframes"

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Well there's a few others besides Nidus and Nezha that don't have deluxe skins, Harrow and Gara for instance, Zephyr needs one, and Titania's concept is already done so they will have to complete that.

Don't forget that Nidus is the next to come, & that Zephyr is still WIP right now

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

Gara? Is this confirmed? I am not doubting you but I just cant see that (O-o)

Well a knight is close, but he would rather be using a shield right? And since its "Ninjas Play Free"-Excalibur a samurai seems to be more fitting, wouldnt it?

I am 90% sure it was said that Gara was based on a samurai on the Devstream when she was in development. She even looks it, especially with her alt helmet.

Not all knights have to use shields, but anyway even his name suggests a knight "Excalibur", King Arthur, knights of the round table, etc.

vor 1 Minute schrieb PoisonHD:

I am 90% sure it was said that Gara was based on a samurai on the Devstream when she was in development. She even looks it, especially with her alt helmet.

Not all knights have to use shields, but anyway even his name suggests a knight "Excalibur", King Arthur, knights of the round table, etc.

Well if you put it like that way, although excalibur never was in middle-age but during the roman empire... Excalibur was just the name for a powerfull weapon holding the might of elvish or a christian entity...

still i think a samurai can be seen as a japanese knight 😄

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

Well if you put it like that way, although excalibur never was in middle-age but during the roman empire... Excalibur was just the name for a powerfull weapon holding the might of elvish or a christian entity...

still i think a samurai can be seen as a japanese knight 😄

Keep in mind, Umbra was packaged together with a katana, so a name's etymology or roots in legend only go so far in DE's mind.  Much like Frost Harka skin being Nordic inspired, but coming with a sword that is far more Roman than Nordic. :crylaugh:

Edited by AlMcFly