Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Clan Alliance Useful

(XBOX)BASS GS

Clans are a great thing for the game, but  having an alliance seem's almost useless at the moment. A suggestion would be having them able to go into each others Dojo's anytime and able to donate recorders and such; or even Having to join clans and such , you can get a special poster that shows the emblem for the clan/alliance. Like a special reason i'd thought could work.. 

(I'm french, I use google.trad so... ^^,)

"... able to donate recorders".? research?

I posted something similar in the French part.(source) I will try to translate the passage:

[...] The principle of the alliance is mutual inter-aid. It will be interesting to allow the more advanced clans, if they wish, to integrate a merchant(s) offering the schemas of their research lab, to members of the alliance visiting the dojo.

- Why do research in your own dojo, if you can steal blueprint elsewhere?
From my point of view, it will be out of pride. That one member of a small clan copies the pattern of another, allows him to advance himself, but on the other hand, it is frustrating not to advance his own dojo. It will be a temporary help, the time they can do their own research ... otherwise, as much as he leaves his little dojo to join the big one.

Moreover, it is not uncommon for a Tenno to join a clan only to steal the research and leave once the looting is over. The merchant system allows to the small clans to keep their integrity. By joining forces with a large group, they remain united while enjoying technological advantages that they would have difficulty getting alone.

Edited by Delkior

Alliances are currently just the "cool kids club" where most of them aren´t even cool. There are no benefits. Why have one if you could just make your clan bigger? I mean 1000 member should be enough... right?

Back when Dark Sectors were a think they were usefull for manpower but otherwise useless. Since Warframe is primarly a pve game, clans can´t fight each other like in MMORPGs where you have a big map and clans hating eachother and fighting on sight. There are no political, financial, military systems in Warframe which would encourage clans to cooperate or to compete.

Long speech short:
Alliances do nothing and are just there so you can say "i am in a cool kids club" and i agree that something has to change in order to make them relevant. (but i actually hope that DE focuses on Clan improvements since the UI is still a mess, lacks basic features and that they add more content like this kingpin system)

Alliance had a purpose. It was the Dark Sector stuff. Rails and so on. Outside of that, they are used by bigger clans to house more players. It would be nice to see some things change or be added, but I am thinking Railjack will have something to do with Dark Sectors. Whether that means we get alliance stuff again, I don't know but I would think there is a chance of it.