Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda looks more bat then bird

maddragonmaster

this was perplexing me since you nicknaming it garuda which described as a mythical bird king yet it has more bat like qualities then bird

heres an comparison  File:Garuda Concept Art  heres a bat skeleton for a example.Image result for bat skeleton well i thought i would put this in feedback since i was slightly confused on this and was wondering why was it was named. and i thought i would let you know it kind of looks like a bat frame

Edited by maddragonmaster

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I saw in another thread that the figure of garuda was known for how they dealt with people in a particularly messy and visceral manner. I guess that aspect is the reason for the name since her theme is gore and all that.

still seems a little like a weak reason for the name. 

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Pablo mentioned she will have vampire-themed abilities so her appearance fits very well.

makes sense plus it would of been better if was nicknamed was vampire related then.

24 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

this was perplexing me since you nicknaming it garuda which described as a mythical bird king yet it has more bat like qualities then bird

heres an comparison  File:Garuda Concept Art  heres a bat skeleton for a example.Image result for bat skeleton well i thought i would put this in feedback since i was slightly confused on this and was wondering why was it was named. and i thought i would let you know it kind of looks like a bat frame

If she didn't have the Hooks for hands then yeah i would think she looks like a Bat.

13 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

If she didn't have the Hooks for hands then yeah i would think she looks like a Bat.

um look at the picture closer. it has four bladed appendage that act  like  the bats "fingures" while the hooks for hands look like a bats thumb.

bat/bird whatever i hope it has a sense of identity which is what khora lacked and made for a very unappealing frame. Being named for a bird doesnt mean it has to actually BE a bird ~ Mesa is not a flat top rock formation like her name suggests after all

Edited by AzureTerra

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

a sense of identity which is what khora lacked and made for a very unappealing frame

I thought she was supposed to be like a "beastmaster" frame or something. I actually had no interest in her until I played her but I think she actually has a pretty solid kit. She's enjoyable and functional.

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

Being named for a bird doesnt mean it has to actually BE a bird ~ Mesa is not a flat top rock formation like her name suggests after all

True. Ash has nothing to do with fire, after all. And Trinity isn't a combined-male christian deity. Hehe

7 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

what was her code name before they gave her current name?

It wasn't her name before that was the matter, Gara's name was given over to voting, and as usual with the voting system all of the actually creative names got filtered out.

'Gara' comes from 'Garasu' which is how you say the word 'glass' in Japanese. I mean, literally, just feed 'glass' into Google Translate... and since there was this 'samurai' theme to her alt helmet... Ugh...

And there were a dozen better names out there too.

42 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

It wasn't her name before that was the matter, Gara's name was given over to voting, and as usual with the voting system all of the actually creative names got filtered out.

'Gara' comes from 'Garasu' which is how you say the word 'glass' in Japanese. I mean, literally, just feed 'glass' into Google Translate... and since there was this 'samurai' theme to her alt helmet... Ugh...

And there were a dozen better names out there too.

..... really? from what i am gathering its not that gara's name didn't match is what your complaining about it is the fact that the name or names that you voted on didn't make the cut. what i am  saying is the appearance of the frame doesn't match the code name given. it hardly resembles a bird. if gara= garasu= glass then it makes sense. it would be like giving gara a code name with having to do with metal or wood rather then glass.

i am guessing mesa's name is due to it being in western and southwestern areas. also i am guessing mesas tend to be in enough western movies and shows. example cow-boys of moo mesa (probably triggered a few people by mentioning that one)

also ash could of probably been used in smoke bombs or at least something that ninjas throw in their opponents  eyes before attacking or fleeing. so ash does make sense when you think about it.

then again like i said i was a little bit confused with the picture and art they displayed for tennocon which cause me to be over critical with the design and maybe they might show art animation for what they are planing for her abilities like having wings of light, darkness, blood or blades. and have those bladed appendages be the talons. who knows.

20 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

..... really? from what i am gathering its not that gara's name didn't match is what your complaining about it is the fact that the name or names that you voted on didn't make the cut. what i am  saying is the appearance of the frame doesn't match the code name given. it hardly resembles a bird. if gara= garasu= glass then it makes sense. it would be like giving gara a code name with having to do with metal or wood rather then glass.

Actually what we're getting at is that the name is only ever finalised by DE, and whenever it's done it'll be by committee, not by creativity, and usually purely related to what the frame is or does...

The closest we've really gotten to creative naming has, in fact, been frames like Ash (because that at least references the ninja clans of Japan), Atlas (the titan born of the Earth condemned to holding up the sky to prevent it touching the earth), Khora (from the ancient Greek philosophy of space without inflection or identity, a 'feminine' way of making space), Harrow (because one of the ancient positions of the church was the Harrow Priest, and it also has Egyptian roots to the term which is why his helmets look like Egyptian death masks), Vauban (a French military figure famed for his tactical prowess and traps), and Nidus (which is a place where things are formed/grown, like infections).

Everything else is either 'what it's abilities are' or 'most common term associated with what it does'.

The work in progress frames are 'Garuda' and 'Revenant', although their themes are 'Gore' and 'Eidolon' in so far as we've had them explained.

So Garuda has been said, at least on the art panel, to be about things like impaling bodies, using enemies as meat shields and so on, while Revenant has some control over enemies, life/shield steal from enemies, and apparently a laser-stomp similar to the Eidolon stomp/radial lasers we've seen.

Kinda dark on both counts ^^ But interesting, nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Actually what we're getting at is that the name is only ever finalised by DE, and whenever it's done it'll be by committee, not by creativity, and usually purely related to what the frame is or does...

The closest we've really gotten to creative naming has, in fact, been frames like Ash (because that at least references the ninja clans of Japan), Atlas (the titan born of the Earth condemned to holding up the sky to prevent it touching the earth), Khora (from the ancient Greek philosophy of space without inflection or identity, a 'feminine' way of making space), Harrow (because one of the ancient positions of the church was the Harrow Priest, and it also has Egyptian roots to the term which is why his helmets look like Egyptian death masks), Vauban (a French military figure famed for his tactical prowess and traps), and Nidus (which is a place where things are formed/grown, like infections).

Everything else is either 'what it's abilities are' or 'most common term associated with what it does'.

The work in progress frames are 'Garuda' and 'Revenant', although their themes are 'Gore' and 'Eidolon' in so far as we've had them explained.

So Garuda has been said, at least on the art panel, to be about things like impaling bodies, using enemies as meat shields and so on, while Revenant has some control over enemies, life/shield steal from enemies, and apparently a laser-stomp similar to the Eidolon stomp/radial lasers we've seen.

Kinda dark on both counts ^^ But interesting, nonetheless.

here is a more spimpler way of describing what garuda is. pike or spike. same meaning and also used for impaling, and so on.

better yet vladine the impaler 

6 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

and apparently a laser-stomp similar to the Eidolon stomp/radial lasers we've seen.

I'm hoping he get Garry's Stomp but at the same time, it would be very close to Ember's World On Fire since Gantualyst's Lasers goes through the ground.

3 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

here is a more spimpler why of describing what garuda is. pike or spike. same meaning and also used for impaling, and so on.

Exactly, and that's kind of what we're worried about.

The work in progress names mean very little, so what she's going to get... eesh, they'll try to go at least one iteration further, so something that's a synonym for 'impale' or 'slice' like... Lacera for 'lacerate'... no, that's a weapon we have... or Reaver...

Yeah, I'll give you good odds on Reaver actually.

2 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Exactly, and that's kind of what we're worried about.

The work in progress names mean very little, so what she's going to get... eesh, they'll try to go at least one iteration further, so something that's a synonym for 'impale' or 'slice' like... Lacera for 'lacerate'... no, that's a weapon we have... or Reaver...

Yeah, I'll give you good odds on Reaver actually.

yeah reaver sounds good either that or reaper.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I thought she was supposed to be like a "beastmaster" frame or something. I actually had no interest in her until I played her but I think she actually has a pretty solid kit. She's enjoyable and functional.

True. Ash has nothing to do with fire, after all. And Trinity isn't a combined-male christian deity. Hehe

beastmaster is a slapdash attempt at it and really doesn't mesh with the 1 cat she comes with beyond its power wheel and no real connection to any other pet you may use ~ she did have a theme but that died with the aborted revamp of IPS. I wanted to like the frame but in the end all it was good for was a nice passive and a Noble stance

3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

I wanted to like the frame but in the end all it was good for was a nice passive and a Noble stance

My friend, I find it upsetting that you don't see more with the frame ^^

I got back into Khora after she had all her updates to her 2 and 4, plus the little teleport function on her 3 that evened out the performance. If you're lucky enough to get a Riven to boost up her 1's performance, then with the surprisingly Nidus-like CC on 2, and the area denial and damage-boost on 4, she actually performs really, really well. Self-heals from her 3, or just a little enemy distraction from a more-survivable pet... yeah, if you're looking for a frame that can actually deal with a lot of the content this game can throw at us, Khora actually will surprise you.