Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm trying, I really am...

(PSN)Samsquanch-01

Question

So, I downloaded this game a few years ago to give it a try and lost interest very quickly. Now it's 2018 and I figured id give it another chance. I really want to like this game, but I still don't know why. 

I'm an old school EQ player so I'm not afraid of a challenge and/or learning curve. Made it to lv 2 and I'm so lost amongst the convoluted missions that require this and that to progress but nothing that links any of it together in an intuitive manner. 

I've spent 90% of my time so far in this game on Google trying to figure out where to go to progress. And so far ever mission seems to be the same linear hallways of potatoe enemy's that die with little to no effort.

What am I missing here? The movement is awesome, the skills are awesome, the weapons are awesome, but the unintuitive missions and quests are an abortion of confusion that leave me stareing the star map wondering what I need to Google next. 

WTF....

23 answers to this question

Hey there! 13 years on EQ2 myself. 

Follow the junctions along the starchart, completing nodes to create roads through each planet and fulfilling the requirements of each junction to proceed. 

This will lead you toward later content including the cinematic quests. 

Along the way, try to build and max out as much gear as possible to increase your MR to meet the requirements for even more amazing weaponry. I recommend starting with the prebuilt Mk1 weapons purchaseable in the arsenal before moving on to blueprints from the marketplace. All available for Credits. 

You should search “weapons as components” on the wiki though. Many are used to make other weapons, so it would be wise not to trash them right away. 

The core of warframes gameplay is finding the right tool for every job, constantly expanding your options. 

Do that, and the rest falls into place. 

Goodluck, and Welcome to Warframe!

Do all quests available until finishing all. Do every mission node on a planet at least once. Open all Junctions and explore all planets. By the time you are done you will have basic grasp on the game. The endgame Eidolon hunts, Focus maxing, Sorties and endless missions will provide the required challenge for the casual gamer. The community is great. Don't be shy to look for help when needed. First planets have low level enemies but you will eventually hit a nice curve when reaching higher missions and sorties. That said, please note that with the proper gear , frame , weapon almost all missions types and enemies can be a breeze.

hovering your mouse over the junctions tells you the requirements to unlock it, you also need to unlock a path to the junction by completing missions

unlocking the junction, gets you to a new planet.

to the left of the navigation console(the thing you use to start missions), there is a console with tutorial information

CLEM

Clem is a Grineer that is friendly to us. Darvo's missions are to help Clem do stuff, and as a reward, you get a bp to build his CLEMing specter.

As to #*!%ing boring always-the-same-dumb-enemies... Welcome to the struggle. I guess the real fun begins once the enemies can one shot you, but randoms mostly want to leave at 20. 

Atm I'm so bored, I reroll a damn Riven. I'm at 120. Still so much rolls to go...

Cl

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said I like the game, just don't know why yet. I'll do a little more reading and research before hanging it up again .

And I gotta ask, WTF is Clem? Every other message in general chat has something to do with Clem. 

Clem is the final boss, don’t bother with him now.

For now , focus on going through the star chart, unlocking as many nodes as possible. And before you know it you will have a few warframes and weapons you can craft.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said I like the game, just don't know why yet. I'll do a little more reading and research before hanging it up again .

And I gotta ask, WTF is Clem? Every other message in general chat has something to do with Clem.

It is a meme based on the verbal "barks" in the grineer language when you fight them. It sounds a bit like "get clem". 

because of this meme, the devs eventually added a character named Clem, to the game.

also: Be wary that people tend to go a bit insane if they hang out in general chat for too long.

Edited by SpacewalkerX

I honestly dont remember my early days with Warframe, but I'll bet I also looked up a lot of stuff. After a while you just get a feeling for how DE does things and you start to anticipate, for good or ill.

As for boring missions, I can see what you mean. The only remedy I can immediately think of is to vary your gameplay as much as possible, and to not always rush. I know the game is meant to be played at Mach 3, but its nice sometimes to just take your time and admire the detail that goes into some of the environments. Stuff that, even now as a MR25, I'm just noticing.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

So, I downloaded this game a few years ago to give it a try and lost interest very quickly. Now it's 2018 and I figured id give it another chance. I really want to like this game, but I still don't know why. 

I'm an old school EQ player so I'm not afraid of a challenge and/or learning curve. Made it to lv 2 and I'm so lost amongst the convoluted missions that require this and that to progress but nothing that links any of it together in an intuitive manner. 

I've spent 90% of my time so far in this game on Google trying to figure out where to go to progress. And so far ever mission seems to be the same linear hallways of potatoe enemy's that die with little to no effort.

What am I missing here? The movement is awesome, the skills are awesome, the weapons are awesome, but the unintuitive missions and quests are an abortion of confusion that leave me stareing the star map wondering what I need to Google next. 

WTF....

I made a thread about this a while back, as I too felt that Fortuna, and the future of the game, could be greatly improved with some much needed mission variety, instead of the same old Assassinate/Defend/Rescue gameplay over and over against what amounts to the same NPCs over and over again. 

Were the core gameplay mechanics, as you rightly stated, not so enjoyable it would be even more unimpressive.

However, the vast potential and constant support and devotion from the player base has allowed a very complex, rather fascinating little world to emerge.

I still feel it has so much potential to explore, though I personally feel the mission types need refinement and updating.

Once you are in and have bought into the world it seems hard to walk away...as evidenced by the people here 5 years later...5 YEARS!!!!

I agree, there isn't much variety to missions really, it would be nice to see more but I am still very happy with the game. I find that with the addition of Plains of Eidilon I am having a lot of fun with just running around and exploring!

Once upon a time then Invasions were introduced, it was always an Extermination and you have to run it 5 times. It was also raining Forma and Potatoes, so a lot of Tenno run Invasions and it could end in 10 minutes. Yeh, we are pretty unstoppable then motivated correctly.

Some Tenno were too... How to say it to not get a ban? Lazy and inconsiderate to run from point A to point B. They stayed at point A, forcing the team to wait for the 1.30 minutes at point B!

And then this happened:

A meme was born, more comics were made and DE heard us. Clem!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

WTF....

baha oldschool EQ? i have to say i miss that game in its prime. it felt scary getting lost.. no map and no giant pointer to tell you where to go, danger all around, have to go back to your body to get your items back if you die.. was quite the adrenaline rush sometimes. i still remember getting lost in the estate of unrest mansion ..😕 that place was terrifying.

to answer your question, the game itself is pretty... unhelpful.  the only really good things that actually give you objectives are the story missions, which there is relatively few. work your way through the star chart, and do the missions in your codex, or see the requirements needed to start it. after that is done, well, you either love warframe or hate it. there isn't any weeklies or meaningful content other a simple ayatan statue hunt for endo that takes 2 minutes, or just grinding out tons of relics for weapons you wont even like.. the raids were cool but those have been completely erased and now its just some big walking trees that are pretty fun, but ultimately ultra simple to fight.

the only challenge is trying to get enough endo to rank up your mods, and forma since yes like you said, the mods are useless on new frames since you cant fit half of them even when rank 30.. so you need two of many of the mods.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Samsquanch-01 said:

One of the memes/inside jokes here. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clem

Other memes include things like replacing the ''war'' in warframe and ending up with: Fashionframe, Farmframe, Bugframe, ect.
You can't spell insert word here without [DE] (the shortened name of the devs). Most notable example being [DE]lays.

Oh and speaking of Clem, you may also want to learn about the legend of John Prodman http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/John_Prodman

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

1 hour ago, SpacewalkerX said:

It is a meme based on the verbal "barks" in the grineer language when you fight them. It sounds a bit like "get clem". 

because of this meme, the devs eventually added a character named Clem, to the game.

also: Be wary that people tend to go a bit insane if they hang out in general chat for too long.

I'm still searching for the fabled "Sword of Clem" I keep hearing them talk about in missions.

Hello OP as a fellow newbie, i may be able to give some advice, take it slow and don't try to rush through the content to get to the endgame content. Learn as you go, when you have a question about how something works that you've encountered, hit the wiki. There are a multitude of mechanics and systems in the game, which are it's depth and its strength, and probably the reason why you really like this game, but the double edged sword that that is, means that the learning curve is huge.

Expectations are a thing, understanding the game is part of the actual content and could arguably be said to be late game content itself.

Well, the best thing to do is hover over the Rail nods in the star map and see what requirements you need to complete in order to advance to the next planet. That should be your first guide in advancing though the star map. Take your time and enjoy the ride as you try to complete the node challenges, with each one you unlock you are granted BPs, resources, mods, new quests AND access to a new planet.

Quests will appear in your Codex panel to the left as you face the star chart console, there you can read up on info regarding the Warframe universe, whether items, enemies, factions, mods etc. All the info is there, along with the quests that unlock new gameplay mechanics such as weapons, frames, pets and archwing to more spoiler-ish story missions. Try to complete each quest as they come along since it spices things up and rewards you at the end.