Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My only beef with Excalibur Umbra..

(XBOX)BowlofTofu

Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Umbra is his blade, the Skiajiti. 

Namely, the Umbra Mods for it. The stats show a weapon that's primarily focused on status, bit the Umbra mods boost Critical Chance and Damage. Now I get you can make a decent hybrid / crit build. 

But I just... Kind of figured the Umbra mods would be more tuned to the Skiajiti not tuned to work on say the Nikana Prime better. If it boosted Status Chance instead of criticals, then I'd be a happy potato. Or if the Skiajiti was tweeked to be a crit weapon that'd be swell. 

I'm just conflicted with the blade and the Umbra mods that only it has the polarities that match em. 

There will probably more sacrificial weapons in the future, pbbly also more Umbras. But I agree that it's a bit meh for those to come up with a weapon that is based on something else (I also don't like that the Sacrificial Pressure has less melee damage gain than the primed mod)

My only issue is with Sacrificial Pressure. It doesn’t yield the same states as Primed Pressure Point even with both mods maxed and set bonus. I’m not asking for a direct PPP replacement or upgrade, but at least make it a little less of a damage loss on using the set.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

Wekk the Skiajiti is described to be made of his flesh soooooo.....yeah. It is technically his own body part he's killing you with. 

Even then you're talking about the weapon mods, are they also made of his flesh?

13 minutes ago, Rontul said:

Even then you're talking about the weapon mods, are they also made of his flesh?

Well... They kinda did just pop into our inventories when we got him. And they were already equipped to him and the Skiajiti. 

Why are we questioning this when we have space dogs that lay eggs? 

14 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I hate hearing that yell.

Get in a mission with a umbra or two and you hear it constanty.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

but seriously yeah Radial Howl's casting sound effects get irritating after a while and it's a shame because blinding fools makes for one hell of a status ailment, as a CL-equipped frame can tell you.