The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe is suitable for my needs?

TheMaskuerade

Question

I've played three warframes so far: excalibur, ash prime and trinity prime (guess where I got the last two from). I like the excal and ash while trinity was nothing short of torture to play. I have little to no knowledge regarding the other warframes other than checking out some of them on the wiki. I was hoping some warframe veterans help me pick out a warframe that meets my criteria.

1-The warframe has to have an offensive ability that can clear a room of enemies, my reason for this is because some of my missions failures were because the corpus would group together with several shield ospreys and there's nothing I'd be able to do at that point without said ability (I'm looking at you, Trinity).

2-I'd prefer that the warframe has an ability that has a flexible energy cost. Something like Excalibur's exalted blade where energy cost depends on time or Ash's bladestorm which depends on the number of targets. The reason for this is because if the ability has a fixed energy cost, I'll not be able to use it optimally everytime. But more importantly, this means that I can cast the ability for 10 enemies or 1 and it won't be a waste.

3-The warframe has to be effective with no specific mods. The mods I have are the standard ones like vitality, shield and energy. They're not even upgraded because I won't be able to use them with a low rank warframe.

4-Said warframe must be suitable for solo gameplay.

Unsurprisingly, looking at the list it just seems I chose what Trinity is not.

Thanks in advance.

I agree with folks on there saying Rhino is your best option.  Rhino Skin will allow you to absorb damage without it hitting your shields and then your shields will take a hit before your health.  Rhino Stomp is an AoE that will stun enemies for a few seconds and provide damage.

If you are looking for a caster frame with a similar ability, try Nezha (not nearly as tanky though).   However, this frame requires joining a clan to get access to the blueprints.   This brings me to the most important tip - Find a CLAN.  Clans can be a major help in your enjoyment of Warframe.  They will have access to weapons, frames, equipment that you just can't get anywhere else.  Not to mention they can provide assistance on your missions, trade the non-damaged mods (or help you farm them).

5 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I always, and will always, recommend Nidus.

Nidus is my favoirite frame because all the other frames are actually quite boring when you ISE them a lot but Nidus is always quite fun and a bit challenging so , I feel you mate

I'd say Volt (Prime).

*His Ultimate is able to clear a room with little issues due to several mechanics. In the first phase it does aoe damage and stunlocks enemys, each enemy in range becomes a arch and attacks nearby enemys for 50% of its innitial damage extending its range so the more enemys are near each other, the more damage it does. After a 4,5 second delay it starts doing 50% its damage per half second to its full duration starting from 6 seconds. So the more duration you have, the more damage it does. I have a build with stretch range and 128% duration so it ticks for 7,7 seconds, means 3 extra seconds from 4,5 doing 300% its displayed damage and usually come out first in damage. 

If you use his first ability, shock on them you do (i assume) 100% extra damage to each enemy it hits as aoe. So you do a lot with minimal mod requirements.

His second and third ability are a mobility/melee buff and a rather potent static gun buff so it doesn't really matter what weapon type you prefer.

Pro: very strong aoe frame and buffer, his first 2 abilitys cost 25 energy base and his third 50 base. Only his ultimate costs normal but he's still pretty darn power efficient even with only streamline. 

His con (or pro? Depending on the player i guess): his basestats are a tad low, what makes him dependable on shields till the endgame where you get access to arcane guardian. Not the worst con to have but kinda problematic if you use him as melee frame and even more so if you wanna use rage/hunter adrenaline. His speed is also heavily relyant on strength while his shield only relys on duration, what's another pro.

http://imgur.com/gallery/VuLbQdw

That's the build i'm currently using. Kinda focused on power strength for his ultimate and speed and i do use hunter and guardian but it's overall pretty darn balanced. Get and use his ultimate augument 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Capacitance

And replace a strength slot with shields and you'll be doing plenty fine for a very, very long time.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I'd say all your criteria points to Rhino, if you mod (even with bad mods) for Iron Skin, you can complete most missions in the early-ish game without taking a single point of damage to your warframe, and even later in the game once you get better mods. He also has a 4th ability that is a "panic button". It freezes solid and damages everything in a radius around you, Not that you'll need to use it very often, but it can be nice for hacking or reviving people. I'd say stick with your Excalibur and/or Ash Prime until you get Rhino, then you're home free.

Ash Prime you already have and is one of the most versatile frames in the game. To clear rooms you need a Nova or Saryn (or others) which are typically NOT very tanky and DO require specific builds.

I suggest you build Nova next, or Frost - these two will give you really strong capability - keep working with Ash - If you like him, he's worth the investment.

Another frame you might want to pick up would be an indestructible - for me that means Rhino or Inaros - Rhino is better (no contest), but I like Inaros a lot more.

Remember you don't want one ultimate warframe, you really want 3-5 well developed warframes for differing mission types.

ME:

• Spy, Sabotage, Rescue, Capture, Assassinate, Exterminate - Ash
  • Survivals, Interceptions  - Nova
  • Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavations - Frost
  • POE Bounties - Rhino
  • Nightmares, Derelicts - Rhino or Inaros
  • Onslaught - Saryn
  • etc, etc...
Edited by Canach

So it seems you've described Ember fairly well! Ember is a great early game frame with a lot of different ways to be useful and with a pretty low learning curve.

You get her at Tethys, Saturn fighting Sargas Ruk. The mission is also pretty early game and can be completed without too much trouble after a couple learning runs and a full squad.

Once you get to Saturn you should shoot for the boss mission and you'll have yourself a new and fun frame!!

EDIT** I also agree with what other players are saying. Rhino and Volt are also good early game frames that mostly fit your criteria. However they can both be difficult to do well with because they require strong mods to make them powerful.

Ember also needs mods eventually but even out of the box shes the easiest frame to pick up and go with IMO

Edited by BananaBlack

On 2018-07-17 at 4:21 PM, TheMaskuerade said:

I actually considered getting him but then I realized he has no shield and it takes some training to learn how to play him. The thought that enemies will put permanent damage with every attack is off-putting to say the least.

Your health regenerates quickly, you have a lot of energy and a lot of armour, and his kit is easy to use.

On 2018-07-17 at 8:11 AM, TheMaskuerade said:

The mods I have are the standard ones like vitality, shield and energy. They're not even upgraded because I won't be able to use them with a low rank warframe.

If you have duplicates, you can use different versions of the same mod on different warframes. Upgrading mods is very very necessary.

So don't automatically sell all duplicates, you may need them for warframes you still have to level up.

On 2018-07-17 at 12:04 PM, TheMaskuerade said:

Yeah, but I'd rather have a good warframe unmodded so that it is outstanding modded, rather than modding a bad or unenjoyable warframe.

What you are asking there is a broken OP as s frame that dosen't exist and most certainly never wil. As a vet player im gona tell you the streight anwser. If you want a frame to be good then fraking rank up the mods. Not enought slots for the mods? Freaking add a reactor and forma 1 or 2 times. All of the mods you will most certainly use it on multiple frames. If you insist on going with "i want an op frame that does everything unmoded" then gl,never gona find it.

Edited by Nephalem