Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amps

Nuntium

Preface: In its current form this idea is pretty rough, and would never work, however I feel that it has promise and with enough polishing would make a good addition to the game. Also need a different name, currently accepting applications. 

The Idea: Amps would be a type of mod for your Warframe that would be separate from all other mods, with their own slot and everything. Only one amp could be equipped at a time. The purpose of these would be to greatly buff your preferred play style, while removing an aspect of the frame that does not fix that play style, this way they would all have upsides and downsides, and one amp would not fit all situations or play styles. 

As an example, lets say you play as more of a gunslinger, you like shooting things, but almost never use your melee weapon. So you get a "gunslinger" amp, which increases things like damage, RoF, or ammo capacity by a large margin, large enough to make up for losing your melee. Or, maybe you like to be sneaking, stabbin' dudes in the back and tossing your knives, so you get a "commando" amp that removes your primary, but gives big buffs to your melee and secondary. The possibilities are endless, remove primary, increase powers, remove secondary, increase primary and melee (CQB). The different buff you can give to each one, like pure ammo increase, pure DMG increase, or a balance of the two give plenty of options as well. 

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear your feedback, whether it be positive or negative.

EDIT: Also please call out in errors in grammar, syntax, word choice, or subject-verb agreement that you may see, thank you.

Edited by Nuntium

Kinda against the lore not to give tenno a sword. BTW we have auras. They already have rifle amp and steel charge.

This.

I like idea, im always fan of infinite customization's. So anything that gives me more options is turning me on...

However, System you proposed is too similar to aura system, and gives a bit too much extremes, 

Now, How about you try to create, propose, balance and name more Aura mods?

Edited by PiotrGracz

Kinda against the lore not to give tenno a sword. BTW we have auras. They already have rifle amp and steel charge.

Yes, but these are supposed to be huge buffs, and those were really just examples, I'm more for the ones that remove guns to give better powers/melee. 

Edited by Nuntium

Yes, but these are supposed to be huge buffs, like 50-100%, and those were really just examples, I'm more for the ones that remove guns to give better powers/melee. 

Now Youre going into Extremes with eyes closed.

Not sure how far in game you are... But if you amp despair, or even hikou by 50%...noone will use different build...

Wait...

Acrid...

Wait... 

Lanka...

Wait...

Most of weapons would be OP^12

Now Youre going into Extremes with eyes closed.

Not sure how far in game you are... But if you amp despair, or even hikou by 50%...noone will use different build...

Wait...

Acrid...

Wait... 

Lanka...

Wait...

Most of weapons would be OP^12

Sorry, shouldn't have given real numbers, wasn't thinking. Still, you get my point, no?

This is kind of a good idea overall, but will not work out in the end and will burn in fire. The auras give a buff, THEN another buff by this. (Have you ever seen an acrid/lanka/ogris?)

It just wont work out.

Even if you remove guns it is still against lore, "Tenno weild the gun and blade" Or something of that matter.

Edited by porkabakin11

I get your idea, and I belive its not good fir this game.

Just my opinion.

Why?

Overpowered.

Similar system alread exists.

Balancing from extreme to extreme...

Yet another calculation to be done from the moment you pull the trigger to meeting with grineer face.

Against lore.

Would be destroying ballance in already unballanced setting.

Hey, I mean no harm. You're creative, I admire that. If I ever had really good idea, I cant explain it / make it work or whatever.

I really suggest you try to improve aura system instead. You could transfer ideas from this thread in there.

Maybe aura debuff gun-buff melee. Maybe something so great yet reasonable that pplz will consider taking off energy siphon...

Edited by PiotrGracz

I get your idea, and I belive its not good fir this game.

Just my opinion.

Why?

Overpowered.

Similar system alread exists.

Balancing from extreme to extreme...

Yet another calculation to be done from the moment you pull the trigger to meeting with grineer face.

Against lore.

Would be destroying ballance in already unballanced setting.

Hey, I mean no harm. You're creative, I admire that. If I ever had really good idea, I cant explain it / make it work or whatever.

I really suggest you try to improve aura system instead. You could transfer ideas from this thread in there.

Maybe aura debuff gun-buff melee. Maybe something so great yet reasonable that pplz will consider taking off energy siphon...

Honestly, I have to agree. I think this would have fit in a couple months ago, possibly around update 6 or 7, but not now. Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys!