Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for a potential Frost rework!

Quickbash

I've just started using Frost, he is a buff popsickle (Kama joke) boye and super fun to use! And I already came up with a few ideas to make him even more fun.

Freeze

Holding the button creates a mist like Chroma's Spectral Scream. Alternatively holding it charges a mist type frost blast with limited reach but wide range.

The patch of ice can either slow down enemies or make them "slip and fall" aka get knocked down. Maybe that can be a peculiar mod where they fall with a goofy sound effect instead of slow!

Ice Wave

Deployed from mid-air, it creates one of these 3 effects instead. (up to DE's discretion, DEscretion if you will) 

\ | /

3-fold forward trail (in front of Frost)

+

4-way trail (around Frost)

O

Circle AoE (around Frost)

Snow Globe

Holding the button allows Frost to "call back" the globes.

This is useful in situations where your placement hinders more than helps and sitting waiting for it to disappear is not fun.

Can explode it by hitting it with Freeze but calling them back can give back 10 - 25% of the energy used casting them, depending on the number of globes cast, thus making it potentially worth it.

If synergy between warframes ever becomes a thing, Zephyr can let's say, use tornado inside the bubble making it build up pressure and causing a huge cold-blast when hit with Freeze.

Avalanche

Could use a better effect, maybe even more snow, take advantage of the new L U D I C R O U S FX system!

40 minutes ago, Quickbash said:

Snow Globe

This is useful in situations where your placement hinders more than helps and sitting waiting for it to disappear is not fun.

Hitting the bubble with your one gets rid of it. Its always been a thing.

i agree that avalanche is more like "someone is tossing snowmen at you"

but... well i will be blunt...

Frost is good... he is in a chill place of usefulness and effectiveness.. he is aging, but he is still one of the better frames and still often picked over newer frame with similar defensive focus.

11 hours ago, Quickbash said:

Freeze

Holding the button

I'd much rather reserve "hold" functionality on first abilities for Augments like Freeze Force / Shock Trooper etc,
allowing you to quickly buff every ally - including yourself (!) - within Affinity range, with a scaling cost per ally hit.

Ice Wave

[...]

(around Frost)

Isn't that what Avalanche is for?

Also, I quite enjoy my mid-air waves as they are thankyouverymuch.

Snow Globe

Eh, I guess, no real problem with this though it's also kind of boring / redundant with the Freeze synergy.
If anything, I'd rather see that improved, maybe scale the blast with Globe Health to actually make it worth using offensively.

Or, how 'bout something like this?
Holding the button goes into a channeling mode where the Globe continues gaining Health via draining your Energy,
with the invincibility / absorb period being active the full time in addition to the 4 seconds after you release.

Avalanche

Hm, now this is the one ability I'd most like to see changes for.

For one, "Freeze" (also e.g. Petrify) status protecting enemies from new procs is kind of terrible,
potentially hampering the damage output of the entire Squad to a significant degree.
Many mass CC abilities don't have a penalty like that, why does Avalanche need it?

Having the Armor reduction be permanent and stack would be nifty.

Slightly more range would of course also be appreciated.

Lastly, the Augment. Besides maybe an increase to the per-target value (60 -> 100? 50 + [enemy level]? dunno lol),
I'd love to see Icy Avalanche be a bit more ... Squad-friendly, as in, make it so they don't kill away the buff I'm trying to give them,
have the # of enemies affected at the start of the cast, rather than at the end when often only ~half of them remain, give the buff,
similarly, apply the buff at the start rather than at the end when Squad members will often already have moved out of range.

Or, have Avalanche (Augment'd or not) be an ongoing freeze zone so that enemies entering it during the cast still get affected,
and added to the Augment buff value, with killed enemies also still counting,
have it affect all allies that touched the zone no matter where they are when the "unleash" part happens.

Also, you didn't even mention his Passive.

Cryogenic

Any melee assailant that strikes Frost has a 10% chance to be temporarily frozen on impact.

Which I can understand, because wow is that forgettable 😛

Dunno if that should merely be buffed (50%?) or completely replaced, but in its current state, just ... urgh.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-07-18 at 2:20 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Cryogenic

Any melee assailant that strikes Frost has a 10% chance to be temporarily frozen on impact.

Which I can understand, because wow is that forgettable 😛

Dunno if that should merely be buffed (50%?) or completely replaced, but in its current state, just ... urgh. 

if it was 80% he could become a more effective melee brawler and more synergistic powers could result from it. Also if it was not ONLY the enemy was frozen but you put off like a short range cold blast that has a 100% to slow in a 5m cone in the direction of the enemy frozen and 20% to further freeze enemies in that cone of effect it would be even better.