Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas, The Titan of Stone. Tectonics and Rumblers rework ideas.

Nubcrawler

These are things that i think could be cool/fun/satisfying that could be added to Atlas’s Tectonics and Rumblers ability. Feel free to offer any and all constructive input.

For this i read a lot of complaints online and watched several review videos and added my… ‘creative thought process’ and excitement. I also discussed these changes with one of my friends who absolutely adores atlas and he thought the changes would be “Neat”. Whatever that means.  All of the numbers are either straight from the In game numbers (Wiki) or me slightly tweaking some.

HUGE DISCLAIMER. I have never played Atlas, this is a very outside looking in perspective. This is just me giving creative input in hopes that it will either inspire or help in some way? I am in no way bashing on DE or their creative team. I am long time DnD DM and i love designing and redesigning things, i did this for the fun of it because i find doing these types of things enjoyable.

Tectonics.

OH man, so this ability is kind of bland? Don’t get me wrong, this ability is still creatively useable! But i think it could use a few tweaks. These changes are meant to leave the original ability basically the same but giving it more uses and making it more fun.

Core Ability.

Reshaping the surrounding terrain, Atlas erects a Bulwark made of stone, or metal (Depending on Tileset.) This Bulwark has a base health of 2850 / 3150 / 3450 / 3750 if made of stone or 2950 / 3250 / 3550 / 3850 if made of metal as well as additional health equal to 500% of Atlas' modded armor. Upon activation, the bulwark is invulnerable for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds. Incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted and added to the bulwark's health.

Ability Synergy.

To me ability Synergy is awesome, so i try to work it in where i can because heck yeah combos! I think it would be awesome if Atlas’s Landslide, and Rubble abilities also interacted with his Tectonics ability. There is already some Synergy in place with Petrify but i added another fun effect. All these effects together could get really clunky, but hey, Ideas!

-While the Bulwark is active Atlas can use his Landslide ability on the Bulwark shattering it and sending Rubble flying in a 60 degree cone in front of him dealing 300 / 350 / 450 / 550 Puncture damage to enemies within a range of 4 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters.
I purposely gave this the same cone as the Petrify ability because i feel like it would make for an awesome combo.
(Sort of like a Rock Flak Cannon hitting a group of statues, also i feel like smashing the Bulwark would feel super satisfying.)

-Reactivating the ability will cause the bulwark to compact into a Boulder, this boulder can be moved by activating Landslide on the boulder dealing 150 / 300 / 450 / 600 Impact damage per second to enemies that are hit along its path if made of stone or 175 / 325 / 475/ 625 Impact damage per second to enemies that are hit along its path if made of metal. After rolling 15 meters or hitting an environmental object, the boulder will explode sending Rubble everywhere dealing 250 / 300 / 350 / 500 Puncture damage if made of stone or 275 / 325 / 375 / 525 Puncture damage if made of metal to enemies within a radius of 3 / 3 / 4 / 5 meters. Energy used from Landslide is restored if the boulder hits 3 or more enemies along its path and in the explosion.

If an enemy that is under the effects of the Petrify ability is hit by a Landslide moving boulder it will knock them over like bowling pins which will cause the enemies to have to stand up after the Petrify ends if they’re not killed outright. (Adds a small about of CC, but this is mainly for fun.)

If the Landslide ability is not used after a brief moment, the boulder will automatically start rolling to the closest enemy and detonate on impact sending Rubble everywhere dealing 250 / 300 / 350 / 500 Puncture damage if made of stone or 275 / 325 / 375 / 525 Puncture damage if made of metal to enemies within a radius of 3 / 3 / 4 / 5 meters.

In regards to the Stone or Metal depending on Tileset. This i think is cool but could totally just be a visual change instead of actually increasing the abilities damage because that seems annoying to program? Could maybe make Metal Rubble give extra armor and hp.

One thing that i’ve been reading on, and that i’ve seen in game is that if Atlas is on a higher elevation and casts the Bulwark say, down a ramp, it will just spawn in the middle of the air. I would maybe like to see the Bulwark spawn from the ground and grow up to Atlas’s elevation. I’m not sure how powerful this would be however. Regardless i don’t think it’s meant to interact like this and it should spawn from the ground.

Rumblers.

Okay, so this ability i feel has a LOT of potential and what i’m about to say is honestly crazy and would require A LOT of balancing. I would keep everything with these bad boys the same but i would add one thing. That one thing being that the Rumblers mimic Atlas's abilities. So they still walk around and beat up fools. But any time Atlas uses certain abilities they would also use that same ability that is maybe half the power of Atlas? Here are the numbers we are looking at.

Rumbler Landslide.

The Rumblers charge forward to punch a target enemy up to 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 meters away. The target and enemies within 1 meters are dealt 50 / 100 / 150 /175 Impact damage as a melee strike with a 100% critical damage multiplier, a 2.5% critical chance, and a 2.5% status chance.

The Rumblers should not interact with Tectonics when they use Landslide. They should just punch fools and only fools.

Rumbler Petrify.

The Rumblers unleash their hardened gaze in a conical burst of energy 5 / 5 / 6 / 7 meters long within a 30 degree field of view. All enemies caught within the cone are instantly turned into stone. Enemies Petrified by Rumblers receive 25% more damage from all sources and are completely disabled from attacking or moving for 2 / 5 / 7 / 10 seconds.

Obviously with this ability Atlas’s Petrify would take priority over his Rumblers in any event that they hit the same target. They also would not stack.

Like i said this could potentially become insanely strong? Like super strong due to the Petrify ability? If i were to make this change i would make it to where when these abilities are used it reduces the remaining time on the Rumblers. So when Landslide is used it decreases the timer by 1 second while Petrify reduces it by 5 seconds? Don't know just spitballing.

As i said before this is all just for fun idea brainstorming nonsense and any and all constructive critisism is welcome!

Edited by Nubcrawler