Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Suspension Problem

(XBOX)AnnabelleNewell

Question

So last week, admittedly, I posted in one of the chats (on XB1) "Nezha = tRaP" and while I am aware NOW that it is a deragatory word, I was not told or warned. I did not realize that the word was offensive. I put it in the context of well, I can't tell what gender Nezha is, it's gotta be a trick (or a trap, in this case). I've waited my suspension out and I filed 2 support tickets, one which was marked solved, and the other is still open, despite being given a response. I continue to get copy/paste answers from DE staff and it's very frustrating. I do not know how long a suspension for this is supposed to last as this is the second chat suspension I have gotten. The first was because I accidently had kept caps on in relay chat, that was 10 months ago. I'm not an abusive member of the community, I am just not aware of the words that are to be avoided in the chat channels. Today, I've been told that there are people in region not being suspended for the word "trap" or saying n*gga/n*gger or making inappropriate comments about sexually assaulting 7 year olds. Yet I get suspended without warning for over the week mark for saying it once without realizing the context was negative.

I'd appreciate some feedback from DE or a moderator about this issue as I'm not sure who to even go to since support is absolutely NO HELP.

Edited by (XB1)AnnabelleNewell

9 answers to this question

Mostly is just a week on suspension. Try to be patient since you already learned about the word being offensive. (also remind that the bot isn't perfect, so sometimes he can get you suspended or not.) Just try not repeating it, i know people that got perma ban for this kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, Lioneriod said:

Mostly is just a week on suspension. Try to be patient since you already learned about the word being offensive. (also remind that the bot isn't perfect, so sometimes he can get you suspended or not.) Just try not repeating it, i know people that got perma ban for this kind of thing.

This is the first time I've gotten suspended from EVERY chat channel. Makes squad based missions difficult to do as well as the trading more difficult to deal with.

I honestly believe DE should provide a set list of words that trigger the suspension with CodexBot.

I wasn't given much with warnings and several people before me were saying similar inappropriate things, far worse than trap, but they manage to get by fine.

The bot needs some work.

Account restrictions are a private matter between the account holder and Customer Support and are not discussed publicly or with other players. The forums are unrelated to to either and do not hold the function of providing information regarding Support tickets or account restrictions.
Aside of the reminder that you've accepted the Terms of Service once you've installed the game, there really is no concrete or rational reason for anyone to hold a lecture on slurs after you've used them in a privately-owned property that has already made you agree on not doing it in order to enter it. Twice, in fact, allowing the "I wouldn't do it if I knew what it meant" to fall off the wagon of excuses at present.

Giving the bot trigger list to players in order to get them to find ways to bypass it? Funny, that.

10 minutes ago, Lioneriod said:

i know people that got perma ban for this kind of thing.

No, you don't, as they do not exist.

Edited by cxll

1 minute ago, cxll said:

Account restrictions are a private matter between the account holder and Customer Support and are not discussed publicly or with other players. The forums are unrelated to to either and do not hold the function of providing information regarding Support tickets or account restrictions.
Aside of the reminder that you've accepted the Terms of Service once you've installed the game, there really is no concrete or rational reason for anyone to hold a lecture on slurs after you've used them in a privately-owned property that has already made you agree on not doing it in order to enter it. Twice, in fact, allowing the "I wouldn't do it if I knew what it meant" falls off the wagon of excuses at present.

No, you don't, as they do not exist.

Excuse? First of all, my first offense was over 10 months ago and that was for relay because my caps lock got stuck on my Xbox keyboard.

Support directed me to forums, so. I don't see where you're saying I have no reason to post this here when Support told me to go to forums.

I just find it funny how one stupid word taken out of context gets me suspended when others literally are saying the same or far worse, have nothing happen to them. I do know one chat moderator, and he has even said that CodexBot needs work, that they need more chat mods for all chats.

And as I've said before, I've filed 2 tickets on this issue because I was told to do so by DE support as a follow up if the suspension continued for beyond the time span allotted. They directed me to discuss the issue with moderators in the forums. To which I am here.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

So last week, admittedly, I posted in one of the chats (on XB1) "Nezha = tRaP" and while I am aware NOW that it is a deragatory word, I was not told or warned. I did not realize that the word was offensive. I put it in the context of well, I can't tell what gender Nezha is, it's gotta be a trick (or a trap, in this case). Yet I get suspended without warning for over the week mark for saying it once without realizing the context was negative.

With the power of the internet at your finger tips you didn't know? I'm certain you've seen people type what you did and get chat suspended. Ignorant be the fool who refuses to educate himself at the fails of others. Whether you found out it was derogatory now or later does not give the excuse for saying it in such a manner. Pretty sure you wanted to copy others who do it for the sake of "memes."

12 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

I just find it funny how one stupid word taken out of context gets me suspended when others literally are saying the same or far worse

You realize, none of it is acceptable. I find it funny that when people get chat suspended they flock to the forums to complain about how they've been unjustly treated. This isn't the first thread someones created about this.

It's either:

• You feel it's unfair that your own ignorance hindered your senses and you got punished for that, am I missing anything here?
  • Or better yet, that the moderators/bot are too strict because you can't say whatever you want?
Edited by Lahared

Chat suspension in such cases lasts 2 weeks. Extensively complaining about it may make it even longer. I know, it's irrational, but it's been like this for quite a while, and will probably stay forever. I'd just recommend you to avoid using Region tab.

2 minutes ago, Lahared said:

With the power of the internet at your finger tips you didn't know? I'm certain you've seen people type what you did and get chat suspended. Ignorant be the fool who refuses to educate himself at the fails of others. Whether you found out it was dergatory now or later does not excuse saying it in such a manner. Pretty sure you wanted to copy others who do it for the sake of "memes."

You realize, none of it is really acceptable. I find it funny that when people get chat suspended they flock to the forums to complain about how they've been unjustly treated.

You feel it's unfair that your own ignorance hindered your senses and you got punished for that, am I missing anything here?

My ignorance? That's laughable as I had just recently found out the context was in relation to an anime. I don't Google search everything, I don't care to because it's not going to give me a valid answer.

It's funny how hostile these responses are from PC players who obviously have not seen the chats on PS4 or XB1. 

AGAIN: THE DE SUPPORT TEAM TOLD ME TO POST IN FORUMS OR DISCUSS THE ISSUE IN FORUMS WITH A MODERATOR.

Are you missing the point? Or do I need to repeat myself?

All I wanted to know was how long the suspension would last for the offense from support, they said a week.

Well its been a week. Still suspended.

Now I'm being told by you, it's two weeks? 

What's the actual span?

I would like a legitimate, non-hostile/aggressive answer from actual staff or moderators.

That's all I ask.

Not knowing is not an excuse. When you use the chat, you are responsible for what you write; this means you are responsible for knowing what you're writing, understanding any implications of what you're writing, and that you write it correctly.

This said, you will need to wait out the chat suspension. There is nothing we can do for you here on the forums, and support will tell you that you need to wait out your suspension as well.