The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Weapon To Potatoe?

Sasery

Question

Hello!

I have a HEK potatoed, with 3 formas, its like the strongest gun ever now :D

But now, i've played a lot with HEK, i think its time to try a normal rifle, not a shotgun now.

So i have latron prime, Dera and torid crafted, but i dont think i will use torid.

I'm rank 5, halfway to rank 6, when i will craft Flux rifle and Ogris.

I have only 1 potatoe now, and i'm thinking about wait for flux rifle/ogris, or use the potatoe now?

(I will get saryn tomorrow, dont have a potatoe for her but she will give the 6000 exp still so i will rank up fast :) )

(Sorry for bad english)

5 answers to this question

If you're gonna rank up soon (and therefore unlikely to get another potato in the mean time) save it for Flux.  That thing is amazing... forma'd mine 4x so far, but even with 0 forma and just a potato it is really strong with the right mods.

I have a latron prime potatod and I think with 1 forma on it, but when the raised the levels up, it took a hit due to increased armor.  I'm not saying latron prime is bad or anything (still quite good), but currently I far prefer my svandal over it even for just running around and killing unzoomed so I wouldn't use a potato on a latron prime unless you happen to have a bunch of extras.  I don't have a dera or torid so no opinions on them.

Edited by Sesshou01

Ogris is tons of fun, but I find it impractical on most missions.  It can work well on defense as its huge damage partially makes up for the lack of armor ignore, but you still have to watch out for people running into your rockets and otherwise managing to kill yourself (you will easily 1 shot yourself even with a tanky frame).

I potatod mine and don't regret it, but if I had to choose between it and flux, flux wins.

Edited by Sesshou01

The dera is a nice gun, dont get me wrong, but I think your potatoe would be better spent on something else. If you do mainly normal missions use it on the flux, if you do a lot of defense, definitely use it on ogris (flux is still decent on defense however). A tip for new ogris users is this: stand on the highest vantage point (thats near the pod and enemies cannot reach you on) that you can and dont underestimate ogris' blast radius (unless your using ember of course, then it doesnt matter what you do, overheat+focus=91% damage reduction >:) so pretty much, your not gonna die). I personally dislike the torid, its hard to use, and it kills you extremely fast if you walk in the poison cloud. It can deal some damage though, so if you can get good with it, it might be worth a potatoe.

The dera is a nice gun, dont get me wrong, but I think your potatoe would be better spent on something else. If you do mainly normal missions use it on the flux, if you do a lot of defense, definitely use it on ogris (flux is still decent on defense however). A tip for new ogris users is this: stand on the highest vantage point (thats near the pod and enemies cannot reach you on) that you can and dont underestimate ogris' blast radius (unless your using ember of course, then it doesnt matter what you do, overheat+focus=91% damage reduction >:) so pretty much, your not gonna die). I personally dislike the torid, its hard to use, and it kills you extremely fast if you walk in the poison cloud. It can deal some damage though, so if you can get good with it, it might be worth a potatoe.

yea i mainly use ember, and i will totally potatoe ogris AFTER flux rifle, since i still have to do some missions,cause i haven't done all missions yet :D

and ogris would not be that good in doing raid and etc.

so probably i will max flux rifle first :D 

thanks for your comment too.