Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UDP Ports problem...

Melanholic7

Question

d01694041e.png

Hello.
When I start the game I always get this "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" error. I can't see my friend in a friend list and can't join existing matches. But people can join me ingame after I start a match.
What have I figured and done this far:
1. Turning everything off and on.
2. The problem doesn't appear if I plug an ethernet cable directly into my PC. So I tried to disable UPnP ingame and reroute those ports manually:

2616517b78.png

Didn't help. UPnP in my router seems to be able to forward ports needed for the game but they are not seen by the game as open (idk why).
3. Tried to reinstall the game both from steam and official web page while manually deleting all the folders and files asosiated with the game.

Best regards,
Andy.

10 answers to this question

Just 2 quick questions:

1. Have you tried temporarily disabling your AV/firewall before launching Warframe?

2. When port forwarding on your router, did you assign a static IP to your computer's MAC address and use that static IP in the port forwarding settings?

20 минут назад, More-L сказал:

Just 2 quick questions:

1. Have you tried temporarily disabling your AV/firewall before launching Warframe?

2. When port forwarding on your router, did you assign a static IP to your computer's MAC address and use that static IP in the port forwarding settings?

1) yeah,no resilt

2) ehm..dont think so... its like Lan IP, not WAN. On other router(and pc) this information added automaticly after warframe launch 😞

6496ba2338.png

Just a wild guess. But are you two playing from the same router? This usualy happens when 2 people connect to 1 router.

No, one people on one PC/router.

Edited by Melanholic7

It would help if you could give a quick description of all the hardware involved in your data connection.  Based on what you posted you have one device that provides your connection, a cable going from there to your router and a cable going from your router to your PC correct? 

9 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

...ehm..dont think so... its like Lan IP, not WAN. On other router(and pc) this information added automaticly after warframe launch...

For port forwarding to be working correctly you need to tell whatever piece of equipment you have that is acting as a firewall the port you're working with and the IP address of whatever device you want to send that information to i.e. the PC you play Warframe on.  As an example it's possible that port forwarding for WF might be setup correctly if the IP address of 192.168.0.101 in your second screenshot is the address of your PC.  I'm not completely sure as I was unable to translate the non-English words to English.

A couple of quick web searches also turned up the following ports to open in several different posts:

TCP: 80,443, 6995-6999 and UDP: 3960,3962

It would be nice to get a support reps input on this issue.   I randomly get this issues as well.  Even on my static line.    Ive tried forwarding all listed ports related to warframe as well.  AV/Firewall where disabled during troubleshooting my issue.

So to recap:

Static line from ISP = error; ports forwarded are  TCP: 80, 443. 6995-6999 range. UDP: 4955,4950,3960,3962.

Static DHCP IP through router = error; ports forwarded are  TCP: 80, 443. 6995-6999 range. UDP: 4955,4950,3960,3962. 

Network Hardware:

Static line through ISPs fiber line.

Router: linksys WRT1200AC

I have literally the same problem. Can't see friends in friend list or invite them or they can't invite me.

Tried pretty much everything I could find so far, and now I'm pretty triggered and angry lol Included - port forwarding of everything, putting my pc into DMZ, disabling firewalls on everything - windows, router etc. Tried several router firmwares too. Btw I checked windows firewall and it allows warframe client to use every port by default... Added new 4950,55 rule anyway, nope.

So for now I turned off everything and left only upnp working(which should be enough btw)

https://i.imgur.com/eoJVnPc.png

It shows that ports are allowed when I launch the game. Tried it for every set of ports 4955,65,75 etc.etc.

Would be nice to hear something from dev team about the problem tbh, I read a lot of people posts about same issues.

I don't think I had this problem on previous router(bought netgear r7800) so it might be it, but seeing people with other type of routers here made me think mb it's warframe problem with some routers and not others...

I used to have this problem, it was solved after requesting a static IP from my ISP (only after I did all the basic stuff like making sure my ports are forwarded properly) - I no longer get the error message when logging in.

I'd recommend also looking up specific info on portforward.com with regards to your router/modem model to double check.

26 minutes ago, Tulzscha said:

I used to have this problem, it was solved after requesting a static IP from my ISP (only after I did all the basic stuff like making sure my ports are forwarded properly) - I no longer get the error message when logging in.

I'd recommend also looking up specific info on portforward.com with regards to your router/modem model to double check.

I have static ip, my ISP's firewall indeed blocked a lot of ports and it was interfering with gaming. It was quite some time ago tho.

After I tried literally everything, portforward.com stuff included all I can think of is - it's a bug in the game, or something is wrong with people's(mine included) routers.

I'm pretty sure I didn't even have upnp enabled on my old router btw and it still worked fine(I also never touched port forwarding or dmz there).

I mean I can pointlessly try to portforward a bunch of ports and reset my router another 100 times but that's pretty much what I was doing whole day without any positive results.

And people do connect to me which means probably something is still working? but not friendlist or invites.