Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance has gone down for no reason since the last few updates?

Mkilbride

So I run a 120HZ monitor. I've been able to get 120HZ locked pretty much all the time, except on PoE where it dips, for no good reason.

Now however. I get weirdly locked to like 99-100FPS in all the normal maps. I run the game maxed out, except stuff like Bloom, Depth of Field, and Motion Blur disabled, as well as Color Correction.

My system:

8700K @ 5GHZ

1080 Ti @ 2025MHZ

32GB 3000MHZ RAM

1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

W10 64-bit 1803 Professional

I have the new particles thing set to maxed out, but I tried reducing to even half, but nothing.

My GPU usage is around 30-40%(Heck, it usually doesn't even clock up beyond the 1600MHZ range), even with dozens of enemies on screen. My CPU usage is around 23-28%.

So my system is nowhere near maxed. But I seem to keep getting limited to the 90's and lower 100's, even without much going on.

This is a far cry from how it used to be and is a little annoying. Steve said the new GPU particles were supposed to be better performing.

Edited by Mkilbride

I came to check the forum because I started having similar issues. I was doing the survival sortie yesterday and at one point my FPS dropped to around 30 from the usual ~70, I popped open the task manager and I see CPU use at 60% and GPU at 40%. No idea what's happening.

I am noticing this too... what I have also noticed is text looks like... how to say... when your resolution is low but you have some antialias on (while my resolution is always 1366x768 and antialias is off).

I have also tried to update my drivers but nothing changed. Maybe something about graphics was added in latest patch and went wrong?