Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee resonating Quake cost clearly increased

(PSN)AtomicEyekon

I made a Banshee sound quake using resonating Quake back in the day. The resonating  Quake got altered I made a Updated build in 2018. With the combination of 170 efficiency zenurik 5 Energy a second & Resident Quake I could spam my 4th ability. Yet now it cost 30 energy to cast?!?!? Let me add my build WAS SO GOOD NO NEED FOR FLOW max energy was 26. 

If I have not altered anything on my behalf since then clearly it was an update or developers that have changed something. . . .

I discovered the same thing a few weeks ago when I tried to solo Hydron for a riven.  Learned real quick I couldn't spam anymore lol  Banshee is basically useless for quake build now, as the regular quake just makes anything over level 25 breakdance instead of killing them. 

Sonar and Silence builds here I come  

34 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

it was a fix that made Banshee resonating Quake worse

It was supposed to be that way all along, it's an ultimate ability, and they're usually expensive.  You can kill with it up to fairly high levels, or dilute and use it for stunlock.  That's usually how Ultimates work, and about what they cost.  So, yes, definitely a bugfix, which made Resonating Quake act more like the duration-based Ultimate that it is now.

If you wanna complain about the original augment change, that's been done and you could do it again if you like.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

Sonar and Silence builds here I come

^ This.  Sonar's always been the real damage ability of Banshee when things get tough, with very few exceptions such as the Berehynia cheese strat.  I think most of us would agree that strat was not compelling gameplay, whether we think it was a excusable for other reasons or not.  And now if you've got the augment, you've got another CC option as a deployable stunlock that doesn't also lock you.  😉

Edited by mactrent

7 minutes ago, Xirka said:

It was a bug causing it to have a low cost for clients. They did not make anything worse, they simply fixed a bug.

Well that's not exactly right. It was reduced cost for everyone because when they moved Sound Quake from duration based to toggle-drain they lowered the base cost to compensate for the drain on an average duration/efficiency. So when they reworked the augment [Resonating Quake] the intention was that the energy cost return 100 to follow the consistency of most 4ths (like say Frost Avalanche). But they missed a check somewhere so it kept its lower base cost but still applied efficiency on top of it again resulting in single digit cost map nukes.

The "Client" part was half working as intended. The system check correctly moved RQ to 100energy but didn't apply efficiency to it so it required at least 100energy HOWEVER the game never actually made them pay the full cost and only spent the reduced rate. Basically it meant you couldn't cast RQ if you had less than 100energy even though it might have only took away 5 energy every time you cast it. It isn't something you'd notice unless you got drained (when you were a client) because otherwise it was always super cheap to cast.

Similar interactions happened on old Saryn with Spores and Molt. It use to cost half the energy to cast Spores on Molt but you couldn't actually cast Spores on Molt unless you first cleared the non-mitigated Spore cost. So if Spores cost 25energy to cast on enemies you needed 25energy to cast it on Molt even though you would only lose 12energy.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

So whether no one's going to speak of it was a fix that made Banshee resonating Quake worse ,nice to hear 

Sarcasm

I mean it was broken (in a player friendly manner at that) so of course fixing it is going to make it "worse". Are we going to say a bug that made Valkyr's Hysteria invincible full time without the ability drain or a bug that caused your warframe to be perma-invisible then the resulting fix making these abilities "worse"? That is non-sense.

But it wasn't a simple "we changed our minds fix" as the correct energy requirement was in partially in place on "clients" even though the cost was still bugged. It meant there was something wrong. The client bug is probably the main reason it was spotted in the first place because no one was probably paying attention to the energy cost that was working as intended if the cost was suppose to be at the reduced rate to begin with. The largest problem is that the player base got to live with it for extended periods of time.