Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there seriously no casual clans?

(PSN)Kal-Gura

Question

I have been searching for a casual clan but all I can find are the more serious ones. Sure, I could probably join up with most clans, but the second they ask me what time I tend to play at, or what my mastery rank is, I feel instantly put off. I work a full-time job, I'm a family man, and I am currently doing an HND with assessment deadlines. I don't have a "time". Just somewhere in between being awake and being asleep. It is frustrating as although I play at random times of the day for random periods, I would like to think I'm a good warframe player. I'm certainly not the best and sometimes I have even been known to die a couple of times. The frustrating thing is that there are items you can only get from clan research which is why I would like to join a clan. I would obviously contribute. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anybody could point me in the direction of a casual clan that would be kind enough to send me an invite?

Thank you for reading

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

The clan I am in is very small but we are all parents with families and play not as often as we should.  We can't really provide a lot of help to a new frame player as we are almost all old timers that come and go...

If you find nothing else, let me know and I will see where our clan is at and if we can support a new member.

This is why I like being in a Twitch Streamer/Warframe partners clan. There isn't expectations to put a ton of resources in although sometimes they ask for help. We don't do missions or anything as a group. Just a relaxed place to be. I only wish it was more active with help for questions. This clans chat is pretty inactive, but a ton of stuff is unlocked in it.

I started with 0 at the end of Feb 2018. 

Within three months I had a full Dojo and much of my research done.

And that was doing 12h shifts at around 9 days straight most of the month with ine 4 day break. Three kids n all sorts of problems at home.

Built it to benefit my lads and me as I also wanted clan exclusives. And again like many old players with clan experience elsewhere in past years keen to keep it private family only for now.

Biggest grind now is Cryotic. Need around 35k lol. But will get there. And then colours too.

I thoroughly recommend the build your own route, it was surprisingly less dificult than expected. I did shortcut a few plat, but also found extractors as often as possible helped, especially with Nanospores.

Recommend sitting down and planning. I built mine bigger than I needed, all gardens in a basement, large branching forward n aft from a central elevator, mid level with 12 reactors branching left and right at stern with halls getting bigger towards bow down middle, upper deck with obstacle at stern and observatory forward. 

Main reasearch in grand hall. Rarely used rooms on grandest hall, plenty of expansion space.

Building your own clan may be your best bet. I did the same thing and couldn't be happier with it. I don't have a set play schedule so I just decided to do it on my own at my pace and if I leave for a few months no harm done.

I'm sure there are casual clans on PS4.  They just don't advertise as hard because, well, they're casual.

Building your own clan is also not a bad way to go, if you're looking for some goals work toward.  That's what I did, and now I run my own "casual" clan with members who hardly ever see each other.  If you were on PC I'd invite ya 🙂

To build the minimal Dojo with all labs you're looking at 13-14 Forma, and the following to complete all research:

Spoiler
Alloy Plate 90150
Antiserum Injector Fragment 600
Argon Crystal 3
Circuits 14065
Control Module 43
Credits 1095800
Cryotic 40850
Detonite Ampule 3460
Detonite Injector 14
Ferrite 184950
Fieldron 14
Fieldron Sample 2609
Gallium 68
Kuva 400
Morphics 66
Mutagen Mass 14
Mutagen Sample 5505
Nano Spores 159800
Neural Sensors 9
Neurodes 131
Nitain Extract 19
Orokin Cell 4
Oxium 20010
Plastids 59440
Polymer Bundle 150300
Rubedo 39742
Salvage 285510
Synthula 12
Tellurium 26
Void Traces 4

(All numbers are for Ghost Tier)

Also, the Forma cost for rooms is a pittance compared the amount you'll need to actually build all of the clan research weapons.

To be honest, I think building my Dojo was one of the most fun parts of the game.

The initial layout I rushed and rebuilt a couple of layouts but overall I am happy with the forward aft ship type layout. 

I have teleporters in all rooms apart from obstacle, not built any barrack but a node is set aside, and not built a custom obstacle course.

Most of it is just done on whims now. Not bothered with the larger cryotic requirements, or the bio lab too much.

But thats the fun part, once the basics are done it falls into place and is there when you need it.

Will need to farm some colours though at some point. Would like a dark minimalist foggy dojo with subtle lighting, like a derelict space craft along the lines of the "Ark" in Tuf Voyaging lol.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Kal-Gura said:

I have been searching for a casual clan but all I can find are the more serious ones.

I'm not even "searching" for something like that, although I am considering looking for a temporary invite as there are so many things locked behind that dreaded clan wall.

I am aware that clans are penalized for having members, as building and research costs go up -- so I can understand why they don't want passive members. At the same time, I don't want an annoyingly "active" clan with "discord" (some voice chatting system, AFAICS), "events", "boss-rush 24/7 or we'll kick you" rules, everyone expecting me to rush them or get stuff for them (within the confines of where I am in the game, but still) and a stupid name. I just want to continue playing Warframe, thar's all.

Now, one could assume that "boring" clans exist, but they don't advertise or send random invites to players (note: I have no idea what kind of clans or users sent me random invites in the past. It has diminished quite a bit, though). At the same time, it begs the question whether such clans have the research... because with half the game locked behind clan walls, it's unlikely that you can just set up a clan, drop a handful of resources into it, and the clan walls are gone.

I'd go with the ones advising you to build your own.

Started playing the game at the end of May and up until mid June I was in some Rank 2 Ghost clan I got invited to, where I didn't know anyone, nor did we communicate so I went for building my own.

I waited for the 75% discount and got 1k plat for 10$ with 350 spent for 30 forma and about as much were dedicated for rushing.

Planning the layout was half the fun, note if you try to build everything and not just the labs, that there are two obstacle courses, as opposed to one mentioned in the wiki.

So with 30 forma and 300 plat for rushing I had the dojo in exactly 15 minutes. Not just the research labs, observatories, courses, temples of honor.. all of it.

Then came the lab research. I prefer the scarcity of resources, as opposed to simply stacking hundreds of thousands of each resource type, only to use 5k at some point. So for a month now I've been doing research and soon I'll have everything from the Tenno Lab when the archwings get researched so I can queue their components, the Energy Lab is done, outside of 1 item, same with the chem lab. Only the Bio Lab is stuck at only 2 or 3 completed research, since those Mutagen Samples are a horror to acquire and I haven't even done a single node on Eris for some reason.

The research times leave you with some sense, that although you're not playing, you're still progressing.

So currently sitting at Rank 8 and extremely happy with my dojo, even spent some time decorating and recoloring parts of it.

Overall a fun experience and I'd recommend it exactly for someone casual, since you're not in any rush to min-max, rank up or anything.

Edited by Ver1dian

18 hours ago, (PS4)Kal-Gura said:

I have been searching for a casual clan but all I can find are the more serious ones. Sure, I could probably join up with most clans, but the second they ask me what time I tend to play at, or what my mastery rank is, I feel instantly put off. I work a full-time job, I'm a family man, and I am currently doing an HND with assessment deadlines. I don't have a "time". Just somewhere in between being awake and being asleep. It is frustrating as although I play at random times of the day for random periods, I would like to think I'm a good warframe player. I'm certainly not the best and sometimes I have even been known to die a couple of times. The frustrating thing is that there are items you can only get from clan research which is why I would like to join a clan. I would obviously contribute. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anybody could point me in the direction of a casual clan that would be kind enough to send me an invite?

Thank you for reading

If you are still looking for a clan the Velvet Underground is a really good PS4 clan. there is an MR requirement, but no strict rules regarding play time and as a bonus we often have competitions to keep members involved. 

5 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I'd go with the ones advising you to build your own.

Started playing the game at the end of May and up until mid June I was in some Rank 2 Ghost clan I got invited to, where I didn't know anyone, nor did we communicate so I went for building my own.

I waited for the 75% discount and got 1k plat for 10$ with 350 spent for 30 forma and about as much were dedicated for rushing.

Planning the layout was half the fun, note if you try to build everything and not just the labs, that there are two obstacle courses, as opposed to one mentioned in the wiki.

So with 30 forma and 300 plat for rushing I had the dojo in exactly 15 minutes. Not just the research labs, observatories, courses, temples of honor.. all of it.

Then came the lab research. I prefer the scarcity of resources, as opposed to simply stacking hundreds of thousands of each resource type, only to use 5k at some point. So for a month now I've been doing research and soon I'll have everything from the Tenno Lab when the archwings get researched so I can queue their components, the Energy Lab is done, outside of 1 item, same with the chem lab. Only the Bio Lab is stuck at only 2 or 3 completed research, since those Mutagen Samples are a horror to acquire and I haven't even done a single node on Eris for some reason.

The research times leave you with some sense, that although you're not playing, you're still progressing.

So currently sitting at Rank 8 and extremely happy with my dojo, even spent some time decorating and recoloring parts of it.

Overall a fun experience and I'd recommend it exactly for someone casual, since you're not in any rush to min-max, rank up or anything.

This sounds awesome, and exactly what I would like to do. I just started playing (40ish hours) MR 7. Is there a quest needed to unlock the Dojo? Right now im just working my way through the star chart but I would like to start on my own clan/dojo as well.

6 hours ago, KargorX said:

I am considering looking for a temporary invite as there are so many things locked behind that dreaded clan wall.

I am aware that clans are penalized for having members, as building and research costs go up -- so I can understand why they don't want passive members.

It begs the question whether such clans have the research... because with half the game locked behind clan walls, it's unlikely that you can just set up a clan, drop a handful of resources into it, and the clan walls are gone.

What exactly is locked behind a clan wall in your opinion that is not worth you making the effort for?

There is one of the problems, so many contradict themselves. If your joining a clan for the already researched benefits your leeching because your not going to contribute a fair share of resources. 

I think you exagerate with half the game behind clan walls.

But the fact is if your playing the game on a regular basis and putting some effort into the grind, then doing a solo clan of your own will reward you as much as it would if you joined a clan and contributed anyway.

No one but I have contributed to my clan dojo, I have 12 reactors all rooms apart from barracks and custom obstacle course, and the majority of research done, 2 labs left with a handful of research items with Cryotic and Mutagen to grind.

I also have most warframes grinded and built, a good number of primes, and a load of weapons mods and all else.

While doing full time work where I am out at 7am and not back till after 8pm with kids and responsabilities.

So its not a difficult grind to build a dojo, its just that a majority of players want to freeload an already established dojo to milk the best researched items.

Hence the amount of closed dojos built by casual players only taking players they know. 

14 hours ago, Briyno said:

This sounds awesome, and exactly what I would like to do. I just started playing (40ish hours) MR 7. Is there a quest needed to unlock the Dojo? Right now im just working my way through the star chart but I would like to start on my own clan/dojo as well.

No, you just go to Communication-Clan and if you're not in a dojo it let's you name yours, no cost either.