Remove These Rails Please!

Diarrhea

That is not the only problem with them, the biggest problem is that they line up perfectly with your gun's line of sight making all bullets hit the rails instead of enemies you are trying to hit past the rails.  It's like shields for the enemies, as long as they keep running along the rails they can be somewhat safe from hits unless you take higher ground.

And on one tile that is two levels, when trying to point down at the enemies you can't shoot at them because the rail gets in the way as well.

If I knew how to put images up on this I would show you :p

Please add a image button already.

Mumra

On a sidenote: If you stand on one side of a guard rail, and the infested stand on the other, they can't actually reach you. That reason alone is more than enough for having them.

Also, you can:

wall run on them.

use them as jump platforms.

hide behind them to dodge enemy fire.<<--"Guard rails are there for your protection." THEY EVEN TELL YOU TO DO THIS!!

grab them to keep from falling off an edge.

use them to snipe as close to the edge as possible without falling over.

roll into them to keep from missing your stop when falling from heights and involuntarily rolling forward.

bounce powerups off of them so you can grab them without having to backtrack or wait for respawn or drop down a level.

use them to keep from getting lost when your powers drive you forward too far too fast(speed, slash dash, charge...)

let enemies pretend they're safe by hiding behind them(shoot between the rails!)

I would be so sad if they remove them from the game. Ask for the corners to be trimmed neater. Don't take my guard rails away, though.

Edited by Llyssa

I'll see if I can find an angle grinder somewhere and have a talk with these rails. Thanks for the report guys and girls!

Edit: this level's designer saw the post and fixed before my angle grinder ever had a chance! I shall now however take credit for all the work until he posts here to tell me off! :D Improvement will be part of the next content update!

Edited by Killerkarpfen

I'll see if I can find an angle grinder somewhere and have a talk with these rails. Thanks for the report guys and girls!

Edit: this level's designer saw the post and fixed before my angle grinder ever had a chance! I shall now however take credit for all the work until he posts here to tell me off! :D Improvement will be part of the next content update!

You might get this alot but I LOVE YOUR AVATAR.

And thank you for fixing the rails Killerkarpfen who did 100% of the work ;)

Great news! Those rails were a bit annoying when really trying to rush through an area.