Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Server Upgrades & Experimental IPv6 Support

[DE]Glen

6 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

but unfortunately support on the PlayStation 4 can’t happen without some SDK features from Sony

Sony are just massive $&*^s. They don't want cross-platform and they don't want ipv6.. Wow

48 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

This only helps if the issue is on your side. I have the same issue, but the problem is with government censorship affecting certain warframe services. It worked fine before and still works fine (I made sure that warframe can open these ports and that they are visible from outside) when I connect through VPN. I can still play game without VPN, but:

1. I can't join any group directly (via invite)

2. I can't invite anyone to my group

3. I CAN host public game (and it keeps group after game ends)

4. I CAN host joinable friend-only game (and it keeps group after game ends)

5. I can't join games via friend-list

6. The only way I can join someone's group that is not hosted by me is by game connecting me to public game and me staying in group after extracting

4 hours ago, DemonikWarframe said:

This only helps if the issue is on your side. I have the same issue, but the problem is with government censorship affecting certain warframe services. It worked fine before and still works fine (I made sure that warframe can open these ports and that they are visible from outside) when I connect through VPN. I can still play game without VPN, but:

1. I can't join any group directly (via invite)

2. I can't invite anyone to my group

3. I CAN host public game (and it keeps group after game ends)

4. I CAN host joinable friend-only game (and it keeps group after game ends)

5. I can't join games via friend-list

6. The only way I can join someone's group that is not hosted by me is by game connecting me to public game and me staying in group after extracting

Same here, I'm praying that the developers upgrade their matchmaking system to IPv6

I have been suffering from error 10054 for over than 8 months now and I hope this patch will fix it for me. But I have been playing Warframe since the start and one day it just started to happen. From what I heard some people found out that if they make an alt account on the same pc with the same internet the issue does not occur to the alt account. What if it's an account based issue that affecs 1 to 20 accounts?

Anyways I'm going to try the new update and update you wether it worked or not.

Am 19.7.2018 um 19:21 schrieb [DE]Glen:

Among other things, we hope that IPv6 will reduce periodic disconnects that some people experience (usually reported as error code 10054 when a network device between your PC and our servers drops your connection for no reason). Generally we can’t “fix the internet,” so we just reconnect when it happens -- but we’re hoping that if you’re on IPv6 you can avoid carrier 6-to-4 NAT, which may avoid the issue altogether.

If this works, I love you <3 Let's give it a try :D

On 2018-07-19 at 8:21 PM, [DE]Glen said:

I personally don’t have IPv6 connectivity (I had to test all this with a VPN), so I’m hoping to hear from you guys who have modern ISPs to tell me how well it works. Since everything should be automatic, our goal is to turn it on by default at some point in the near future once we iron out any wrinkles you may find.

if your isp  gives you real ip (static or dynamic is not important) instead of using an overloaded nat (or port restricted), you can use a (free) tunnel broker, for example hurricane electrics to get ipv6.

Depending on the router (or its custom firmware), it can be raised on it

There is also a teredo

if you want to test yourself

+1 for the 10054 error here

im gonna try the IPv6 now tho.

EDIT: i forgot to mention i didnt used to have this error, but after i changed ISP it kept popping up. it was so constant it felt like i was soft banned

I think this has been a very bad move.   Console users (Xbox AND PS4) are having tons of network issues and this is looking like the reason why.   They say peeps on IPv4 should not have problems connecting to v6 but guess what?  We do, and its making the game unplayable!  It sounds like Warframe should wait until most people have ISP's w/ v6 and sony/micro/nintendo adopt v6.

But seriously you mess with network settings before unvault?  Did this actually go in at beasts of Sanctuary because thats when network turned to crap.  But last few days have been horrible.

On 2018-07-21 at 1:00 PM, atzepenq said:

still get the error 10054, sadly 😕 it is barely possible to play with randoms with this issue. but great to know you guys are working on it!

Well AFAICT you aren't on IPv6 so...

Hi, there. 

I also had the error 10054, that error appeared when I changed of ISP.

Since then, I always logged out of the chat and had to type something in or open it to log back in.

Today I came across this thread and found out about the new ipv6 Chat option that was added in last week's update.

I have activated the ipv6 option from the Chat options and for the moment it seems that this problem has been solved, because I no longer have the error of 10054 and has not disconnected me.

If I ever show up again, I'll let you know over here.

Thank you.

I heard that some people found out that when making an alt account the error does not happen to them on the alt but it still happens on the old one. Even though both accounts use the exect same internet service, router and IP address. My theory is that this is some sort of a data error that happens to people for some reason where the chat server kicks them out for some reason until it realizes that they shouldn't be kicked. 

I'll try to test this out when I have the chance and if I'm right I'll report about it here.

i have the data about this ,i use wireshark to catch these packet ,but how can i give you? 

PS:chinese gov has made mind to build ipv6 widely,but it must be many years before we can use it ,so it has no use for chinese players to sovle the firewall problem,

but i think chinese players may the population who suffer from the problem most

We have deployed some configuration changes that might help some people on particularly old networks; it might help with error 10054 (but I doubt it).

To be clear: this is a problem caused by bad networking equipment between players and our servers -- millions of players never see it. Ideally we can work around it but sometimes the only thing we can do is just reconnect when it happens.

One thing that might help people to diagnose if it's their hardware would be just trying to reset their router by unplugging it for ~10 seconds or so and plugging it back in. 

If that solves the problem great, if that solves the problem and it comes back in a day or two ...... probably time to buy a new router. 

Another whoozle (technical term btw) if turning it off and back on again (lol) doesn't work is to remove the router from the equation if possible and see if that resolves the issue. If it does then definitely new router time. Or maybe it just needs a firmware update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those poor little things run 24/7 in most cases, sometimes for years at a time. It's almost a wonder that they don't start to go sideways more frequently than they seem to. 

Edit: Ok just read the OP and realized this sounds more like an ISP/General Internet hardware issue than a personal one. Sometimes I'm surprisingly slow 😕 My bad.

Archived