Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Conclave Schoolbus: Learn the Ropes, Fight on a Level Playing Field and Earn Rewards

TheJadrimian

Are you one of the many Tenno who have poked their head into Uncle Teshin’s Flying Circus and been put off by the crazy antics of its regulars and the sudden shift in gameplay? Did you perhaps farm for those shiny skins already, playing with a friend on Oceania when no-one else was around, but now find yourself locked out of Recruit Conditioning and facing an uphill battle if you ever decide to try it for real? Or maybe you dropped in a few times but were greeted only by empty servers, or were dissuaded from touching it at all by its reputation alone? Here, I believe, there may be a solution for you.

Those familiar with the Raid Schoolbus will likely have guessed what I have in mind from the title. I'm a long-time Conclave player looking to create an environment where players are guaranteed a game – one with others of a similar skill level – and are equipped with all the knowledge they need to find their footing in the high-octane, often-tumultuous but rather unique world of Warframe’s PvP. It's my goal to break misconceptions about Conclave, level the playing field and show the fun side of this oft-maligned game-mode.

Here’s the plan:

• The group, comprising 7 new players and one instructor, gather on Discord (headsets recommended but not essential).
  • While the group selects their equipment, there'll be a brief intro to the most important secrets of Conclave – the things that set it apart from PvE in important ways, but which are only obvious to those of us that have followed the patch notes for years or boned up on player-made guides.
  • Everyone, in turn, is given personalised advice on the strengths and strategies of their chosen loadout (powers often work quite differently!) – and conversely, everyone else is briefed on what to expect when fighting it and how best to react.
  • A game of Annihilation is launched – a public match (allowing for standing gain), but filled entirely by members of the schoolbus.
  • Between rounds, everyone gets the opportunity to go back and switch up their loadout until they're comfortable.
  • The cycle of playing matches and revising loadouts can continue for as long as the group stays together.

Interested? For the pilot session, I'm looking for 7 participants on PC, preferably from Europe region and available tomorrow (Friday 20th) at 20:00 GMT, for roughly an hour. Drop a comment here or send me a PM if you want in – but if you’re outside that region or unavailable and this idea still strikes a chord with you, post your details anyway, and I’ll make a note of it. If this formula shows potential, the next goal will be to run sessions in other regions and platforms with other instructors.

TL;DR: Want to get a foothold in Conclave and play full matches with other new players? Drop your region here or PM me. On PC and free at 20:00 GMT tomorrow (Friday 20th)? Let me know and you can be part of the pilot session!

EDIT: The Discord server is now open to join: https://discord.gg/fzK4aXh

Edited by TheJadrimian

16 hours ago, nssBoB said:

I am curious about this. EU - GB available at 8pm for any amount of time.

Great! Don't be deceived by the lack of activity here; the reddit post has been keeping me rather busy. The Discord is now up and running and we’re ready to start planning our first pilot session; hop on in at your leisure: https://discord.gg/fzK4aXh

Edited by TheJadrimian