Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Anime(S) Did You Hate, And Why?

Chris9428

As much as I love Animes, I also stumbled upon some bad ones.

I gotta admit, I loved the Anime Naruto once.

But as soon as Shippudden started, it #*($%%@ up.

Million flashbacks, no fights.

I never liked One Piece, and can't get to like it.

It's just an annoying Anime. I can't explain why.

Sora no Otoshimono.

Goddamnit. The main character in this anime is such an annoying bastard.

And those extremely oversized boobs from that girl. Seriously.

Do you have any Animes that you just couldn't enjoy at all?

Most of the boring mainstream ones, I didn't like.

Naruto, DBZ etc.

Mostly due to the 600 episodes of filler.

School Days was one that I thought was terrible.

No idea why I even watched it.

Terrible characters, boring story, bad animation etc.

Anything that's bad in anime, School Days had it.

I never really liked Naruto.

Other than that i don't really like mainstream animes for no apparent reason(like SAO and Shingeki no kyojin). XD

People Tend to overreact about these animes and that just puts me off. =\

I hate ALL animes in general except for the Gundam series ; however, I hold a deep hatred for Aki Sora : Yume no Naka.

When I watched Aki Sora, I thought "Meh, i guess it'll be somewhat interesting. I'll see how well the story develops."

I can tolerate incest and I can stomach hentai, but when you put the 2 together with a downright tasteless storyline, it's just... one big bloody mess.

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

Liked the SAO Novel hated the Anime, Accel World for the *@##$y lead who was the biggest pussy I had ever seen... Naruto... One Piece just for Usop seriously hate him... Bleach because only 150 Eps at most relate to the actual Story... School Days because it was like watching a Silent Movie half the time but the ending was enjoyable... Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro, yeah... Sooo many more that I can just question, if this was Manga I'd have pages worth.

Accel World for the *@##$y lead who was the biggest pussy I had ever seen

*cough* Shinji Ikari *cough*

That aside, I'd have to say I really didn't like Vampire Knight cause they put way too much focus on the love triangle and not much else in the story. Whenever anything interesting did happen to complicate the story, it was just solved by a random deus ex machina or just someone being super OP or something like that.

I dropped Black Butler after several episodes for similar reasons, plus it felt like a lot of stuff wasn't explained very well.

I also thought the anime for Rosario+Vampire was kinda bad (at least in season 1, I haven't seen season 2 yet), cause it was essentially the same concept for each episode: someone decides to act up, then Moka unleashes super OP mode on them. 

Edited by SaekoBusujima

School days comes to mind, first and foremost.  Dropped Btooom! about six episodes in because it liked playing the rape card every time the blondie came in.  Can't bring myself to slog through hundreds of episodes in mainstream anime after being bored with the first dozen.

Also, I despise anime where the humor is potty jokes and brainless nonsense.  Anime like Baka to Test and Seto no Hanayome, for example.

I'm terribly picky about what I watch in the first place, so I don't hit a lot of true duds (for example, I generally don't bother with the multiple hundred episode filler anime), however, that pickiness is in itself because certain genre standards drive me completely nuts (helpless/screwup main characters and shoehorned comedy to name two). As a result there've been a series of animes that came hugely recommended, which I absolutely detest. Here's a few off the top of my head.

Evangelion : I honestly still don't understand how anyone could enjoy this anime, it focuses on an inaccurate portayal of mental issues, with an incoherent, poorly paced plot, and a protagonist who hangs together more as a collection of what the writers wanted than as a portayal of a person.

Black Lagoon : I can sum this up briefly. Over the top inanity played off by the weak main character. At least here I could see why others would like it, and even approved somewhat of the character development, but it's not my preference however.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann : Given what I commented about Black Lagoon I'm sure some people grasp why I loathe this one. If not, TTGL is perhaps the best modern example of the anime version of explosions in action movies. Right from the word go it is focused purely on entertaining viewers with immediate satisfaction, whether comedy, combat or otherwise. It simply isn't concerned with anything I would be interested in, and also manages to hit numerous pet peeves.

Sword Art Online
First few episode is okay. But way its more episode come is becoming boring. This anime is have great concept at first but poorly executed. This anime now become overrated-generic-harem-anime. And the second arc makes this anime going to nowhere, its lost its direction. 

Gundam AGE
I love Gundam!.But first saw this, my expectation is becoming drop to the ground!.The Chara design is more like 5-12 years old kids (Since this drawed from same person who did Inazuma Eleven). The Gundam Design is forgettable nothing special. The Enemy mecha design more like dragon-mech and its nothing special too. Overall this maybe worst gundam series I have ever seen (yet).

Highschool DxD
This anime is so overrated. I dont know whats so special about it? Its only ecchi and bewbs boring stuff (I only watch few episode and I give up). I dont know, I just hate it...

Highschool of the Dead
I really dissapointed about this anime. First, I see this anime like "Oh yeah!, Walking Dead or Left 4 Dead the anime!" Watch for few episode. I give up... Its only show bewbs stuff and there some many ridiculously scene I ever have seen...

To be honest, I actually liked School Days. That anime was the saddest anime I've ever seen, especially because of the unexpected ending.

Oh, I also forgot about HOTD. I stopped at episode 7 because it's really nothing but boobs.

This anime had a great concept, but S#&$. They #*($%%@ up.

And I also hate DBZ. I never liked it and I'm not going to like it.

It's just downright boring to watch.

Also, Depar I didn't expect you to dislike To aru majutsu no Index :P

To be honest, I actually liked School Days. That anime was the saddest anime I've ever seen, especially because of the unexpected ending.

Oh, I also forgot about HOTD. I stopped at episode 7 because it's really nothing but boobs.

This anime had a great concept, but S#&$. They #*($%%@ up.

And I also hate DBZ. I never liked it and I'm not going to like it.

It's just downright boring to watch.

Also, Depar I didn't expect you to dislike To aru majutsu no Index :P

its mainly only because of this fcking retard touma, i hate him i also disliked index but not so hard as this fcking idiot touma

dragon ball was great, everthing after that sucked same as pokemon/digimon/bleach/naruto

the first 1-2 seasons where good and after that baem suck it :c

Just about any slice of life anime besides watamote.

Also I wouldn't say the whole anime bothered me but season 2 of Darker than Black was stupid as hell.

I actually like Slice of Life Animes a lot.

Especially Yuru Yuri.

Anyways, I watched a few episodes of Darker than Black, but I stopped because it wasn't really my kind of Anime.

I actually like Slice of Life Animes a lot.

Especially Yuru Yuri.

Anyways, I watched a few episodes of Darker than Black, but I stopped because it wasn't really my kind of Anime.

s1 is rly good, but dont mind s2 it suxx