The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator wearing the Warframe

VoidGhost

2 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

thanks for replying,I believe that since we now that there is a person inside the warframe it would be possible for the operator to be inside the warframe

That's not how they work though, as we've said.

1 minute ago, VoidGhost said:

me too,by the way Lotus is wearing some kind of an armor at the new war trailer

That was literally her body, as we saw in the Sacriface.

Edited by Atsia

2 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

thanks for replying,I believe that since we now that there is a person inside the warframe it would be possible for the operator to be inside the warframe

Edited by Atsia
double post

I would to see the operator fighting with weapons and with increased hp

That may come, but not by hollowing out our frames.

Have you played the Sacrifice yet?

Because that explains why this wouldn't work.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

That may come, but not by hollowing out our frames.

Have you played the Sacrifice yet?

Because that explains why this wouldn't work.

thanks for your reply,yes I have played the Sacrifice and and a question crossed my mind which was why do we need a person inside our armor when we can equip it

18 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

There isn't a person inside the Warframe. There is a person who is the Warframe.

4 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

thanks for your reply,yes I have played the Sacrifice and and a question crossed my mind which was why do we need a person inside our armor when we can equip it

Because it isn't armour. It's a person. It literally is the infested individual. The armoured part is their skin.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Because it isn't armour. It's a person. It literally is the infested individual. The armoured part is their skin.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

There isn't a person inside the Warframe. There is a person who is the Warframe.

^^^^^As we've said

42 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

You're thinking of it wrong, it's not a suit with an infested fleshman inside it, the entire Warframe is one entity, and the outside layer is its skin. Yes, they're buck naked.

Anything is possible in a video game world.

Instead of getting the parts for the Frame, we would check to make the parts for Void Demon size. It would not be attached to the Infested- person but would instead go on a Void energy framing that could then have the Void Demon dash into it. 

Yeah, it is possible....the game even shows the powers are related to the parts and not the skins (Alcolytes, Apothis Frames).

Will DE do it? Probably not as the main draw is the Frames....with Void Demons being a bonus for doing the story.

8 hours ago, midtarget said:

You're thinking of it wrong, it's not a suit with an infested fleshman inside it, the entire Warframe is one entity, and the outside layer is its skin. Yes, they're buck naked.

I see,what if the operator was in the place of the one transformed to a warframe?

The fact that a warframe comes in pieces of armor without the infested body being used in the building process gets me confused

21 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

Since her body parts are visible she could be in some kind of an armor

Okay, I think I know where your confusion is.

The operator never physically is inside the warframe - it's effectively a form of symbiotic possession, with the warframe being that which is possessed.

The person who becomes a warframe is basically turned into an insane supersoldier that either is driven insane through the process that made them what they are now, or their minds are effectively blanked.

If the operator underwent the process to become a warframe, even assuming someone manages to get around the whole "void energy kills technocyte" thing, then the operator would never be able to change frames, and would probably lose their connection to the void.

I know you really really want biological power armor, but basically, it wouldn't work without killing that which makes the operator special.

Now - with all that said, I can at least agree that options to replace void Blast with a void blade attack would be great, but as for armor... seriously, just unlock the Vazarin and Unairu waybounds, and maybe get Magus Vigor and Magus Replenish.

Edited by rhoenix

3 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

Okay, I think I know where your confusion is.

The operator never physically is inside the warframe - it's effectively a form of symbiotic possession, with the warframe being that which is possessed.

The person who becomes a warframe is basically turned into an insane supersoldier that either is driven insane through the process that made them what they are now, or their minds are effectively blanked.

If the operator underwent the process to become a warframe, even assuming someone manages to get around the whole "void energy kills technocyte" thing, then the operator would never be able to change frames, and would probably lose their connection to the void.

I know you really really want biological power armor, but basically, it wouldn't work without killing that which makes the operator special.

Now - with all that said, I can at least agree that options to replace void Blast with a void blade attack would be great, but as for armor... seriously, just unlock the Vazarin and Unairu waybounds, and maybe get Magus Vigor and Magus Replenish.

thanks for your reply,I am realy eager to see technosythe virus customizations and operators turn to warframes

I can't see the Operator fitting inside the current roster..but with how things are evolving..I can see De creating a new Warframe specifically meant to be the adult version of the Operator down the line for some cinematic quest and introduction to a new form of the game mechanic... It would basically be a model with a alt helm with a human (your chosen Operator presets) face grafted into it with emote, I suppose...The powers would be interesting...I personally would make that specific Warframe capable of using any syndicate mod from any frame if equipped...

thanks for your reply,I am realy eager to see technosythe virus customizations and operators turn to warframes

...that turns them into a warframe, that would then be used by a Tenno who's not you.  That's the point.

On 2018-07-20 at 1:05 AM, lxMattAranxl said:

Not possible. And here's why... in Spoiler tag! 😄

Hide contents

As we've seen and read in the Vitruvian, ALL Warframes were Dax soldiers, willing or not, given the Helminth virus, mutating them into infestation of another kind. The thought of having a Oprerator be IN a Warframe would be taking the very body that's inhabiting the armor (which isn't a skin, but armor built around it... again shown in the Vitruvian thru Excalibur) and considering they are, technically sentient (Excluding Umbra since he is full sentient upon Tranferance) they woudl NOT like that, since that would literally kill them, despite their skin being turned into sword steel (or something very similar to Hayden tenno).

In a sense... it's better off this way since it's a unique formula. One is the body (Warframe) and the other, the Mind (Operator). One is the Hand, the other, the Will. Hope this clears up on how this would not work out as well.

Nice concept, sometimes imagine it in another universe, but... not this one. 😕

Correction. Not necessarily Dax. The best of the population. Never implied just Dax 

On 2018-07-20 at 2:02 AM, Omega-Shadowblade said:

ehhhh, considering there isn't any actual room inside the armor and the "armor" itself is actually skin, I really doubt it.

Might get some nasty space AIDs