[DE]Megan

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.1.1

Flawed Mods still sounds off. Better than damaged for sure. But I think MK1 mods fit the MK1 beginner weapon theme. And too many players don't get that for the same mod point value of the true mods, broken provide a slightly better % so they help out new equipment builds for low MR players.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

trying to get the somachord scans in the umbra quest -got to the third mission and the third one wont spawn for me, (but the first two did) to get all the songs I would have to re-play the quest 3 times to keep scanning the first two each time. 

lots of others have had this bug, pls fix. T_T 

Renaming the damaged mods to a different name doesn’t change anything, they are still pointless to have in the game still. They should be taken out of the game at this point since they serve no purpose. Other than that though, great hotfix!

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

7 hours ago, Gerand_Regent said:

Nice, but I was kinda hoping we'd get a toggle option or something for the Umbra bits on Excal Umbra. Ronin skin looks so cool, but I don't want the scarf with it >_<

But Umbra IS the scarf!

5 hours ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

Theres this useful thing called hold position. Have you ever heard of it? Most hunters use that when they want the lures to stay still when near the teralyst.

Sooo... tell them don't move every time I want to shoot instead of having them not be in your face  like DE said they should? I do my tricaps solo so I have to  choose between having to click stay every time or having the lures move properly by not being in your face... I rather let them know about it than have it stay not spoken about.

Where is the fix for connectivity problem where people can't send invites and accept them themselves?

• Upvote 1

1 час назад, xXDeadsinxX сказал:

Renaming the damaged mods to a different name doesn’t change anything, they are still pointless to have in the game still. They should be taken out of the game at this point since they serve no purpose. Other than that though, great hotfix!

There were two types of mods and both were called damaged - damaged mods obtainable during vor's prize quest, and via derelict. Now one of them is called flawed.

dummy

Not a fantastic update.  Most of it is ok, but you're introducing a grind into a new quest for somachord tones.  A grind that won't reward you all of the time.

Heck, my first replay had 1 somachord tone scan.  1.  I'd say I missed it, but a second pass through of each level using maxed animal instinct each time yielded a single scan.  The first tone is comprised of at least 3 scans.  The quest is good, but not a minimum of 3 more runs good.  I'm already hating those stupid black stones...unskippable cut-scenes, and sentient mobs dropping nothing.  This is a sure fire way to make me hate new content....and it sounds like I'm not alone.

Edit:

As a side note, farming for broken war is a joke.  This mission has literally the only dense concentration of sentients, and you've nerfed the drop rates.  I get the monetary reasons and the uniformity reasons, but really?  I literally cannot imagine a better way to get people to grind for their focus schools, and reward them by having this quest as a source of sentient mobs that make drops palatable.  

DE, please?  Can we, for once, get a reward for the focus grind beyond being able to grind eidolons faster.  I'm trying to, for once, see a direct reward for months of grind.  This would be a fantastic way to make a cinematic quest even more special.  If not, skipping cut-scenes should be on the list of features to add.  

Edited by masterofdetiny

10 hours ago, --Q--HLixir said:

What’s the point of having these “Flawed” mods in the first place only to be discarded and replaced by its predecessor?

Would you rather have a flawed serration to start with or no serration at all? As someone else said new players also often won't have Reactors/Catalysts installed, they don't have the capacity to fit on whatever the hell they have until they run out of slots (or the money or endo to max out the mods either, but flawed mods don't take much endo to rank up anyway since they cap out at 3 ranks instead of 10...). They are built for new players but you seem to be stuck in a veteran state of mind.

Edited by AXCrusnik
  • Applause 2

10 hours ago, -TSA-Swaggi said:

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ DONT RELEASE A HOTFIX DURING NIGHT ON THE PLAINS! 😢 

10 hours ago, -TSA-Noa said:

Who patches things like this during a Cetus night? honestly. *holds back forum rant* 

Honestly the whole idea of day/night cycles with exclusive content bound to real time clock is a bit off - it works good for matchmaking because all the players access the same missions with the same remaining time and it's better designed than the Earth missions clock (not having a multiple of an hour means that each day the Cetus cycles shift hours, allowing players with fixed game times to access the whole game) - but it can lead to frustrating events like hotfixes during nights and a lot of wasted time not doing missions if night is approaching.

11 hours ago, --Q--HLixir said:

What’s the point of having these “Flawed” mods in the first place only to be discarded and replaced by its predecessor?

Because new players lack the necessary polarities, resources, and knowledge for modding or ranking up the mods. To me, the use of Flawed Mods is one of the best ways to let the newbies learn the game mechanics on their own. 

• Applause 1

They enable new players with no potatoes and few levels on their gear to get the same benefits for less mod points.

3 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

They serve the purpose of offering the same stats for less mod points than their normal versions, making them essential for new players to put on their low-level gear. Removing them would be terrible towards the new player experience.

• Satisfied 1

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Why are these even in the game still? They do not introduce the modding system well and just waste new players' Endo. Damaged/Flawed should be removed from Warframe completely. New players don't need Continuity from Vor's Prize, but they should get basic mods such as Vitality, Redirection, etc.

I like Damaged Flawed mods. Honestly I sometimes use them and I'm MR25.

• Applause 1

Does anyone else have the issue that Umbra Excalibur can sometimes kill you with his abillities when you are in transference? It happened to me (sometimes) and it is really anoying. In the dojo while fighting it actually happens all the time. Is it supposed to be like that DE ?

Just now, MuesliErdnussbutter said:

Does anyone else have the issue that Umbra Excalibur can sometimes kill you with his abillities when you are in transference? It happened to me (sometimes) and it is really anoying. In the dojo while fighting it actually happens all the time. Is it supposed to be like that DE ?

May be that he was being procced a radiation status?

They have less requirments and are very good for new player with unpotatoed frames.

• Satisfied 1

So, how do you turn off or delete the Mandachord songs so they NEVER play on your ship/somachord???

PS, why does the repeat button not repeat?  As in, I want it to play one song on repeat forever on the somachord, but it never works...

Yes, Right-Click to turn them off, but there's nothing more than that?

Edited by -ZeroStar-

21 minutes ago, MuesliErdnussbutter said:

Even if. He is still allied. Why does his radiant speartrow kill me then?

If a player gets rad procced he can damage his/her allies with friendly fire. It's one hell of a status.

8 hours ago, Geobardi said:

When are you going to fix the cursor moving automatically to the number box when selecting mods for selling? Sometimes it teleports to the number box, sometimes it stays where the mod was (making it more easy for me to select a different mod faster, that's how it worked before the UI update) I don't want my cursor to change positions randomly when i have to select the quantity of dozens of mods, it's not as if the mod UI was easy to navigate in the first time...

I've noticed that too. What I've discovered that works sort of when I'm doing what you're doing is to be very, very, VERY, careful not to move my mouse AT ALL, not even like a millimeter. If I don't move it at all (sometimes I'll even lift my mouse off my mouse pad), then the cursor will remain on the spot where the selected mod is/was.

And I second this request! When I'm selling multiple mods, I don't need to click into the number bar (backspace, type number, enter, done) to change the number I want to select. I'd like the cursor to remain on the mod I selected where I left it.

Similar issue, but slightly different. I don't know if it's just my settings, but ever since the UI/controller overhaul update, my cursor has been very draggy as I move it across the menu screens. No sensitivity issues when I'm actually playing, so I don't think it's that--just when I'm navigating any menu. Could there be a way to maybe fix it in such a way so that if a controller is plugged in, the UI will function as it is, but for those of us who don't even have a controller (let alone use one for a FPS-type game even if I had one), the cursor navigation (dragginess and the mod selection issue as mentioned above) will be the way it was before the UI/controller overhaul update?

• Like 1