Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha

--UMBRA--Omega

Why do people do this?

Do you also look at mousetraps and think to yourself, ''Golly gosh mates, I wanna stick my finger in that to see whether it hurts or not''.

And then upon figuring out that it hurts, you complain about the fact that it hurts...

6 minutes ago, Darth-Pridus said:

Unlike mice, we want to understand how things work and how far we can push something... But even before then, why is this happening in the first place? Can anyone explain to me why moderators hate traps?

To some people (and chat mods) it's considered a slur, so people get banned for using it.

Just now, Darth-Pridus said:

Why do people think this? Its not even a term aimed at trans people, its aimed as androgynous/feminine and crossdressing men.

Because it's 2018 and people like to get butthurt over anything and everything

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Why do people do this?

Do you also look at mousetraps and think to yourself, ''Golly gosh mates, I wanna stick my finger in that to see whether it hurts or not''.

And then upon figuring out that it hurts, you complain about the fact that it hurts...

Because people are stupid beyond reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Darth-Pridus said:

Why do people think this? Its not even a term aimed at trans people

It is not even a term where I live. Virtually no one where I live would even know what it means. 

• DE uses the chatbot to "educate" people on what words mean. Because so many things you get banned for are not commonplace everywhere. So people Google the words.

As to why it is bannable. People would spam it now if DE removed it. It would have died out long ago, but its bannable, so...

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I don't think you really understand then. The term has been well established as a slur in that regard, its not a friendly phrase.

The meaning of a term is established by the user... it seems pretty shady that DE wants to empower that meaning of the word ><.

15 minutes ago, Darth-Pridus said:

Unlike mice, we want to understand how things work and how far we can push something... But even before then, why is this happening in the first place? Can anyone explain to me why moderators hate traps?

We already know how it works, it takes about 2 brain cells to figure out how it works.

Mousetraps are comprised of wood, metal, a spring and a catch. Upon releasing the catch the spring forces a length of metal at high speed to the other end of the wood with the intend of killing a mouse. That is going to hurt your finger, and you're an unbelievable twit if you stick your finger in it.

Again, 2 brain cells is enough to figure this out. You don't need to ''see how far you can push something'', because sometimes people (DE) are going to push back.

Just now, Darth-Pridus said:

It is not a slur, it refers to crossdressing....

It refers to men dressing up to look like women with the intent of ''trapping'' other men. That is undeniably a malicious thing to do, and unfortunately trans people have been called it in the past, perhaps by people not understanding the term. I'm sure you can understand why someone who's simply not comfortable with their chosen gender doesn't want to be accused of such things, yes?

Furthermore, how exactly can this apply to Nezha? Warframes do not ''dress'', they don't consciously decide on their own appearance.

No, you are considering Nezha a trap based solely on the fact that they're a male who looks (to you) feminine. Do you know who else is male but looks feminine? Trans people. The fact that you consider Nezha a trap for this sole reason is also entirely applicable to trans people.

That wasn't so hard, was it? Stop trying to push it, get over it, I think you'll live despite being unable to call Nezha a trap in region chat...

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We already know how it works, it takes about 2 brain cells to figure out how it works.

Mousetraps are comprised of wood, metal, a spring and a catch. Upon releasing the catch the spring forces a length of metal at high speed to the other end of the wood with the intend of killing a mouse. That is going to hurt your finger, and you're an unbelievable twit if you stick your finger in it.

Again, 2 brain cells is enough to figure this out. You don't need to ''see how far you can push something'', because sometimes people (DE) are going to push back.

It refers to men dressing up to look like women with the intent of ''trapping'' other men. That is undeniably a malicious thing to do, and unfortunately trans people have been called it in the past, perhaps by people not understanding the term. I'm sure you can understand why someone who's simply not comfortable with their chosen gender doesn't want to be accused of such things, yes?

Furthermore, how exactly can this apply to Nezha? Warframes do not ''dress'', they don't consciously decide on their own appearance.

No, you are considering Nezha a trap based solely on the fact that they're a male who looks (to you) feminine. Do you know who else is male but looks feminine? Trans people. The fact that you consider Nezha a trap for this sole reason is also entirely applicable to trans people.

That wasn't so hard, was it? Stop trying to push it, get over it, I think you'll live despite being unable to call Nezha a trap in region chat...

Are you trolling dude?

3 minutes ago, Darth-Pridus said:

The meaning of a term is established by the user... it seems pretty shady that DE wants to empower that meaning of the word ><.

Actually, the meaning of a term is established by consensus in layman's discourse, and by function and paradigm in academia. If  the meaning of a term is established by the user, soon we'll all norgle sqluip harplager...

1 minute ago, Darth-Pridus said:

Are you working for DE? Caz if you are, I might just go through the trouble of deconstructing your "argument".

Does my name somehow look to you like [DE]Monkey?

No? What do you think then? :smile:

Not sure why your ability to provide a counter argument is to be determined by whether I'm an employee or not, you should be providing the counter argument regardless, otherwise it looks like you don't have one.