Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Taylor

Devstream #113 Overview

f6b911dc3d93408d0d48e3d1e09e570a.jpg

We’re BACK! TennoCon 2018 has gone down as one of the biggest days in Warframe history… and we took the chance to finally sit down and discuss what was showed! Devstream #113 answered some of the most asked questions and comments from our TennoCon 2018 reveals, and just relished in the opportunity to show you more of Fortuna and Orb Vallis.

With how gameplay- and discussion-heavy this is, I highly recommend watching the full stream if you have time. If not, read up about what was shown about Venus, the Revenant Warframe, Railjack and more in our overview here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-113-overview

• Like 14
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

You (DE) still havent mentioned anything about Login rewards rework. How much more will we have to wait?

• Like 4

We’re hoping to have a PC to Switch account migration upon launch, but details are still TBD.

can it PLEASE be a one time copy instead of a migration? i will still play on PC, but do not want to start over on switch....at least on a main account.

Edited by Kalvorax

Just now, Kalvorax said:

can it PLEASE be a one time copy instead of a migration? i will still paly on PC, but do nto want to start over on switch....at least on a main account.

They said it is going to create a copy for the switch version. So you get an account for PC and one for Switch

• Like 1

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

They said it is going to create a copy for the switch version. So you get an account for PC and one for Switch

ah ok, then i was just confused...thanks for the clarification 🙂

Railjack

• Ideally designed to be a co-op experience, but our Solo Tenno can earn ship modules to help Ordis pick up the slack, like auto targeting upgrades for side cannons for example.
  • This is not a singular trial, this is a new system with different missions. You’ll be able to take down capital ships, but also explore a Derelict Vessel, for example.

Yay! Solo doable and not just the same corpus capital ship mission! \o/
Hopefully Grineer variants already in development, and then in the future, massive space battles between corpus versus grineer capital ships and fighters.
I really want my revamped more explosive and action-packed Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) space battle homage 😄

Will not be charge-based, like the Archwing on the Plains. In fact, we will be revisiting the Archwing Launchers to move away from the charge-based system as well, and reflect the existing Gear system.

Also big Yay! The charge based system wasn't ideal, especially with the way certain homing rockets worked in tangent.

Love me some good variety in fauna and flora in environments, hopefully the map will have territories, almost dynamic ecosystems even.

Pets 2.0 is going to come online very gradually instead of a complete rebalance all at once.

Expect a deep dive of Melee 3.0 in the next Devstream.

Looking forward to it!
Will have to watch the full devstream later, but all of that sounds good to me!

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

I can't even begin to express how happy I am about the void unvault, it's an idea I've had for a long time.

Thank you.

So nothing til late August at the earliest (which probably won't happen) to probably late October or November (this seems more likely) for any content? Hopefully they'll put something together to fill that void or I and probably many others won't be playing this game much in the near future.

• Like 1

PC to Switch account migration? interesting... might even think about it as long as Nintendo's cert process isn't as torturous as the other consoles. Speaking of which, there seems to be a bit of conflicting information out there about the console cert process. Microsoft seems to be more willing to release certs faster than Sony. So is it the case that its Sony that's slowing the whole process down and theoretically DE could release console updates faster?

1 hour ago, Nurmetya said:

So nothing til late August at the earliest (which probably won't happen) to probably late October or November (this seems more likely) for any content? Hopefully they'll put something together to fill that void or I and probably many others won't be playing this game much in the near future.

Woah, negative Nancy! I say we need less of your kind anyway, bye.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

God these "content droughters" are more annoying than flat Earthers.

• Like 2

Now that with the railjack the developers are working on polishing up capital ship models, making new models for them and the interceptors we already saw in the demo, I hope they will also make their way into finally replacing the placeholder models Corpus Archwing Frigates, Corvettes, Carriers etc have had for years now.

I'm loving what you guys are doing with the Railjack.

I may be exagerating but it feels like the Railjack will be a new common ground to access everything in a more immersive way. Like, the ship will be used to access the area above planets, capital ships, derelicts, etc... through a smoother transition, a true openworld experience.

... K-Drive... (but not regular missions, sorry! Testing proved that this was a bad idea)

Please please tell me there's footage of this.

Will not be charge-based, like the Archwing on the Plains. In fact, we will be revisiting the Archwing Launchers to move away from the charge-based system as well, and reflect the existing Gear system.

Sounds awesome. Not everyone loves fishing.

Edited by Chroia

I'm glad Railjack will have a solo experience. I like to go explore things by myself, but will be open to co-op when taking down the ships.