Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 113, why it was a disappointment

I was ready for some knowledge bombs after not having a devstream since June, but what we got was almost 30 minutes of K-drive. We didn't get any info on future Umbra frames/weapons, and no expansion on kitguns/robofishing. The info on Railjacks was nice, but in all I felt like this devstream was kinda flat.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Ogarra_Remaellus:

I was ready for some knowledge bombs after not having a devstream since June, but what we got was almost 30 minutes of K-drive. We didn't get any info on future Umbra frames/weapons, and no expansion on kitguns/robofishing. The info on Railjacks was nice, but in all I felt like this devstream was kinda flat.

As many others have said, it was known they'd cover the Tennocon reveals, which was what I personally really wanted. Pipe down your expecations, there wont be any new umbras for awhile - umbra was just because ppl cried for him after China got it pretty much.

49 minutes ago, Ogarra_Remaellus said:

The knowledge bomb of Tennocon wasn't enough for you? Yeesh...

I still dont understand why there should be any other Umbra Warframes ? Just put it Umbral mods and you can call yourself an Umbra , Excalibur Umbra should be unique,with more Umbra Warframes he will be not.

Also yeah,your expectations were too high.

All umbra frames doesnt even make sense story wise.  This was an experiement.   

We got to learn a little more about echo lures,  fishing,  k-drive grinds, tricks, fashion, they gave a little more info on how you cant just get to venus and go leech giant spiders,  you have to go and get equipment first.  But also they talked about how you have to do things at the dif bases to summon the spiders since there is no day/night cycle.  (maybe thats what they were hinting at with the solar reflectors... you have to adjust the mirrors to make the spiders show up?).  

They gave us an outline of when to expect things.   Next devstream will have Melee 3.0.....  pets 2.0 is rolling out in segments... 

They hinted at how there will be reasons(*cough* materials *cough*) to go back to PoE to help with venus,  and how they might ease up some of the grind on PoE

The only thing they never talk about is bugs and plans to fix the crap they just released.  WTF is going on with UI ????   They have been changing it and making it better each time but still I wanna know if there list of broken crap matches my list of broken crap!!!!!!!   Some of the stuff is in a very unacceptable state.   Alot of crap has no previews on mouse overs.  Some stuff you have to press buttons to get previews now (boooo),   Some crap you have to double click like a god damn mouse to use, like arcanes.

I think OP needs some other things going on in his life.....  

It expanded on what we saw at Tennolive. It confirmed stuff we hoped for with Railjack, made it clear the K-drives have their own systems (Pablo mentions he made that jump? Well, we know how. 

The video shows him gliding, which Reb did not. Alongside the different engines, that's a different K-Drive to the one we saw during Tennolive and the Devstream. Which means that different modules will give different abilities, including gliding.

We got confirmation that there is more to the Railjack than just blowing up capital ships - exploration and cargo runs are either hard confirmed and soft confirmed respectively. This won't be Archwing 2.0 because there's a whole system of depth to explore as opposed to the kiddie pool of Archwing.

So yeah that alone made it a pretty nice stream in my book.

It's almost like...they are spreading out the information they disclose so that each devstream will be interesting instead of 1 big stream with huge info drops followed by a large number of streams that have nothing to report....

But I could be crazy to think that way.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

It's almost like...they are spreading out the information they disclose so that each devstream will be interesting instead of 1 big stream with huge info drops followed by a large number of streams that have nothing to report....

But I could be crazy to think that way.

Or....you know. They have like a dozen things that they are working on already which will take a while to fully complete. I mean they do have a couple of hundred employees but asking each of them to work on 20 unique things at once just to satisfy players who think they are "privileged" is a tad too much to ask for and is generally not how development works.

I found it entertaining. Without it we wouldnt have seen the KDrive explode on contact with water, not once. But twice.

You should have expected just more clarity on what was revealed at Tennocon, since that's where they put their best foot forward.

1 hour ago, ELIT3_Apocalypse said:

i really dont call that dev stream a disapointment it was good.

but problem for me was the nidus delux those eyeballs were so bad and disgusting i hope they gave us ability to turn them off or something otherwise i will not buy that

I found the eyes disgusting and disquieting too and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I feel like it fits Nidus as the infested warframe very well even if I shudder and feel sick every time I look at them.