Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, I implore you, don't let eidolon warframe ship with his current 3.

tripletriple

So many warframes are plagued with abilities that just don't do anything. Those skills are not fun and they don't do anything. Please don't ship him to have one of those skills.

His 3 needs to go DE. I've come up with some alternatives that make him closer to the eidolon theme and still keep him relevant.

1. Eidolon Frame releases a bolt of lightning that shocks everyone in your control and instantly reduces them to a crisp. 1 shot might be op but you get the deal, change the damage on it if needed.

2 My personal favourite suggestion. Eidolon Frame has three Eidolon Vomvalysts that fire lasers that stun enemies. One increases your teams crit damage and crit chance, another one could provide heals to the team, and a third would fire enhanced lasers of some sort.

3. On the topic of more lasers, Eidolon Frame fires a laser beam at a single target, this target explodes blinding everyone around him and does 4 % of their max hp for 10 seconds.

I'm sure anyone reading this has a brilliant idea now that would give Eidolon Frame something more interesting than a wukong dash that brings nothing to the table. Please DE.

Edited by tripletriple

6 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

You have a habit of making overly dramatic posts and also asking for overpowered buffs to everything. just stop and enjoy the game dude. I think his 3 is perfectly fine as is. wait and see how he plays before calling for reworks

Apparently not. It seems that we can't wait and see. We must jerk our knees instead it seems.

24 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

1. Eidolon Frame releases a bolt of lightning that shocks everyone in your control and instantly reduces them to a crisp. 1 shot might be op but, you get the deal, change the damage on it if needed.

Isn't that just Volt's 1?

32 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

1. Eidolon Frame releases a bolt of lightning that shocks everyone in your control and instantly reduces them to a crisp. 1 shot might be op but, you get the deal, change the damage on it if needed.

Soo... Volt? 

32 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

2. My personal favourite suggestion. Eidolon Frame has three Eidolon Vomvalysts that fire lasers that stun enemies. One increases your teams crit damage and crit chance, another one could provide heals to the team, and a third would fire enhanced lasers of some sort.

So, Khora+itzal. 

These ideas ain't exactly groundbreaking. I'd prefer something more unique. 

Ps, I never saw the stream, what's the current plan for his powers anyway? 

Edited by Miser_able

Just now, Miser_able said:

Soo... Volt? 

So, Khora. 

These ideas ain't exactly groundbreaking. I'd prefer something more unique. 

Ps, I never saw the stream, what's the current plan for his powers anyway? 

his one turns an enemy into a thrall which spreads when they damage another enemy up to 20 enemies. Killing these thralls leaves mines on the ground for enemies to get hurt by. His 2 gives him some kind of armor that staggers and enthralls enemies who attack him but has a set number of stacks. His 3 turns him into mist and dashing through enemies restores health and shields. his 4 is the eidolon laser attacks though its still WIP they were using a placeholder of inaros' sandstorm animation.

45 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

So many warframes are plagued with abilities that just don't do anything. Those skills are not fun and they don't do anything

Also, I would like to know what you mean by this, last I checked there are very few abilities like you described. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Also, I would like to know what you mean by this, last I checked there are very few abilities like you described. 

Sure, I'll clarify. I'm sure you forgot to read spectral scream, sleight of hand, bounce pad, tesla, radial javelin, Spectrorage, rift surge, ballistic battery, psychic bolts, iron jab etc etc.  

1 hour ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

You have a habit of making overly dramatic posts and also asking for overpowered buffs to everything. just stop and enjoy the game dude. I think his 3 is perfectly fine as is. wait and see how he plays before calling for reworks

Off topic but I gotta know where you got your profile pic from it is epic!!

1 hour ago, tripletriple said:

Sure, I'll clarify. I'm sure you forgot to read spectral scream, sleight of hand, bounce pad, tesla, radial javelin, Spectrorage, rift surge, ballistic battery, psychic bolts, iron jab etc etc.  

Some of these are right. Thought sleight of hand can do a lot and be incredibly useful if you know what you are doing with it. Using Rift surge can enhance the limbo play style and is the core of an entire way to build and use him properly though its rather advanced. Ballistic Battery is suppose to be a trump carg a magic bullet Mesa can fire off when she needs it. Spectrorage can be a rather effective decoy again if you know how to use it. If you include the passifying bolts augment Nyx can just stop enemies dead for ~30 seconds depending on how far you push duration.

The ability is fine but i feel like it needs a visual change. Instead going into a mist form he does a screaming pulse similar to the eidolon's energy pulse when you break a limb, thebpulse hits those affected by his 1 and restores shields and health based on how many hit by it. It would keep it to eidolon theme much better than the mist

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

i thought this bloke was ringing a bell name wise and i looked at his profile and then the wires clicked 

i think vlad will be fine passive life steal 1 min controls that spreads 2 is i think that smoke move were you get invulnerably and siphon health and shields from things you pass though 3 is a charge based if it hits you its stunned and is afflicted with your 1 mark mechanic and your 4 is well a laser party and person imo we need MORE lasers but that just might be my inner kid talking because lasers are freaking amazing and there is never enough of them like dakka in 40k

Off topic: well we get 4 for 4 locked threads?

1 minute ago, tripletriple said:

Spending 75 energy on a self heal is terrible. It's self explanatory. There are tons of ways to heal yourself without wasting a power on it. 

You are ignoring the fact that it also makes you invulnerable and gives your allies energy. I see you like using the cherry picking logical fallacy where you only use the partial facts to make your argument work. most people mod for efficiency by default, which makes the "cost" moot.

Also just because you have a personal opinion about something doesn't mean its "self explanatory" to anyone but you

4 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

You are ignoring the fact that it also makes you invulnerable and gives your allies energy. I see you like using the cherry picking logical fallacy where you only use the partial facts to make your argument work. most people mod for efficiency by default, which makes the "cost" moot.

Also just because you have a personal opinion about something doesn't mean its "self explanatory" to anyone but you

I mean, the duration of the ability seems not that long, if it is a duration one which I assume it is. Giving allies energy is only useful during the very start of the mission when they’re actually together, and for ability spammers which I thought DE doesn’t like? 

Also Reb said it’s his ‘escape’, the oh sh.. button......does he really need one? Creating minions, healing with his passive (iirc), there’s a lot of survivability already there 

9 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

I must have missed the part where he gives energy. I haven't seen that anywhere. Sorry health + shields regen is useless when he has a passive that heals him and another ability that gives him a shield. 

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I mean, the duration of the ability seems not that long, if it is a duration one which I assume it is. Giving allies energy is only useful during the very start of the mission when they’re actually together, and for ability spammers which I thought DE doesn’t like? 

Also Reb said it’s his ‘escape’, the oh sh.. button......does he really need one? Creating minions, healing with his passive (iirc), there’s a lot of survivability already there 

excalibur's slash dash does abysmal damage at higher levels, and it barely lasts any time at all unless you manage to target more than one enemy with it at a time. But it has invunerability during the animation and i've used it to avoid otherwise lethal damage on multiple occasions. I still say we have to wait and see how it really works before passing judgment on it

1 minute ago, tripletriple said:

I must have missed the part where he gives energy. I haven't seen that anywhere. Sorry health + shields regen is useless when he has a passive that heals him and another ability that gives him a shield. 

and once again you ignore the part where you have invulnerability while using it. Thanks for proving my point about you cherry picking everything to support your argument

1 minute ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

and once again you ignore the part where you have invulnerability while using it. Thanks for proving my point about you cherry picking everything to support your argument

What good is that the moment you step out you die. lmao. You should know better. 

12 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I suspect an energy rework will come one day that kills Energise/Zenuirk's and potentially even Trinity's ability to remove energy concerns for basically no effort, and when that happens energy giving frames will be at a premium.

12 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

With the amount of damage people can do, shrug. Nyx does nothing but create minions and by using Arcane Guardian + Grace she will have plenty of survivability and self heals, but people still use her Absorb + Augment for a reason.

Regardless, it's really far too early to be questioning things like ''does he need an escape''. We'll know when we play him.

2 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

What good is that the moment you step out you die. lmao. You should know better. 

When it heals you as well? You're suggesting the ability is bad because the moment it's deactivated your full health frame will instantly die...

If enemies are dealing that much damage then you're playing content you shouldn't be in, and that's rather irrelevant to the conversation. You should know better.

4 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

nullifying large amounts of damage. A get out of jail free card is never useless.

And if you are playing content where you insta die from full hp you are out of your league and deserve to die over and over, but that is another topic entirely and not relevant to the ability being good or not, since you would die with or without it.

Being condescending only works if you are not making bad arguments, and you are using very bad ones that rely on only part of the truth being applied to them.

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

4 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Spending 75 energy on a self heal is terrible. It's self explanatory. There are tons of ways to heal yourself without wasting a power on it. 

uhhh you know efficiency exists right? and in some cases duration also effects costs but if were talking base costs

1. trinity heal cost both 25 and 100
  2. inaros is 50 and he is stuck in it unable to move until he chooses to stop 100+25% armor from his scarb swarm
  3. nidus 100 and that heal is just health regen
  4. equinox kinda depends one cast time to duration of it being on but its 50+3.5/s too
  5. valkyr has a self heal that is 25+2.5-15/s
  6. harrow penance 50
  7. oberon renewal 25+2/s+3/s per target when its actually healing someone
  8. chroma fire elemental ward 50 it use to be able to heal multiple times but it only applies a heal once walking back in just gives the bonus health and no heal when you walk out again
  9. nezha blazing chakram 25 and that require it to hit things and its a 225 8 meter heal so works 

life strike healing return uhh hiredo melee  attacks ik i probably spelled that weapons name wrong arcanes hmm missing anything outside warframes that can heal you? oh pizzas and those solo heal med kit things think thats everything 

Vlads gives energy makes you invulnerable gives you health and sheilds per person you pass though for 75 energy seems like a good deal to me

3 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

having a "there is a bombard/napalm trying to get my tenno ass i need to go" button is always nice 

imo i always take invulnerability over invisibility any day of the week 50% crit chance from almost getting killed is fun