Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AuroraSonicBoom

Raidframe

So I decided to farm Kril for Frost, because out of all the frames that are currently part of the void "Meta", he's the one whose play style I dislike the least.

I did a few runs with pugs who dropped in and out, and when the host left, I joined a new game. However when I joined the session, there were already like 5 or six other players present, hammering away at Kril. I decided to join them and of course we defeated him. He didn't drop anything, so we all rushed to the exit, expecting the squad to get dissolved as soon as the session is over.

Strangely, nobody got kicked, so we all went ahead and revisited Exta, hoping to stay together and have a slightly easier time with the boss. Here's where it gets really funny. Apparently, more people kept joining the game, and with each new round, our squad grew bigger.

By the end, we were 18 players in squad chat, and since the mechanics that scale the enemy's level still worked, we had to fight a level 206 Kril. The host apparently had a very good machine and net connection, because while it lagged a little bit, it was definitely playable and nobody really had any problems. It's also interesting to note that all of our auras gave their benefits to each player of the squad, which meant everyone had a super high energy recharge rate!

After about 10 runs or so the host(which was just as surprised about the bug as everyone else) decided to leave, so our little team got disbanded. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! Didn't get what I was coming for(Frost Systems), but what I got instead was much more valuable: A super fun and unique experience. :)

2LH9Jsw.jpg
jUZKP4Y.jpg
ocYRD1M.jpg
UTeliLL.jpg
deiY3yK.jpg
rw0Ruuz.jpg
EKct0ZZ.jpg
Rpyv9Xw.jpg
AGxkeNb.jpg

xIn6WPi.jpg

26Cwj4h.jpg

3aacls6.jpg

Ij6IzBI.jpg

For some reason, I'd really like to run into that bug with my clanmates :P Would make entertaining missions to run!

This is glorious. If it weren't such a drag on hosts I would love for something like this to have an official place in the game

I'm picturing what this would be like on Xini with 12 Tenno in there at the same time.  Or wait!  20 Tenno at the same time!!!

this has got to be implemented at least in just one of the modes idc JUST PLEASE do it DE

for the love of god DE either pin this thread on the general forum or fix this bug.....or create a better search engine for this forum.

this has got to be implemented at least in just one of the modes idc JUST PLEASE do it DE

Well, either you're gonna be lucky to find someone who hosts this, or DE has to implement dedicated servers which will cost them more cash than they currently have (I guess).

I'm picturing what this would be like on Xini with 12 Tenno in there at the same time.  Or wait!  20 Tenno at the same time!!!

Some of us wanted to try Outer Terminus, but the host was (presumably) Russian, so we couldn't really communicate with him.

i don't think this is a bug. 
Since we have a Peer to Peer connection and every connection seems to go through the host - it's possible that the host has tinkered with the game to hide the count of players or the disband the limit. 

IT's just a theory, but i have encountered this before in - League of Legends. You could change the player limit and play a 6 v 6 (More ppl simply made everyone stuck in loading screen) in a Twisted Treeline (3 v 3 ) map. It was hell of a fun while it lasted - then it got patched and we never saw it again. (Only thing that was required was to download a soft and/ or edit a file) 

MOAR of this. Would be really fun if we could do 8-man raid-ish missions.

But without servers, this can only be a dream.

QQ

Yeah, this would be cool if they put in special missions for more than 4 in a squad

shoulda tried to get everyone to pick a different frame and get all of them in a pic woulda looked awesome