Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STRENGTH TO THE ENEMY Enemy additions/concepts, 100+'s of units, weapons; lore and pictures [NEW: Fall Of Kronos update! 2 NEW Factions: Daemons and the Riven! Daemon units (14 new powerful enemies)! Riven units (17 incredibly strong enemies)!]

HugintheCrow

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

You're probably wondering who that is, huh?

Well, if you're brave enough, the answer lies below:

Reveal hidden contents

natah_human_mimic_portrait_by_huginthecr

natah_human_mimic_full_body_by_huginthec

"I am.. Natah. Sentient Destroyer of... Tenno."

Description:

Free at last (?) from the Orokin lies, Natah has quickly mobilized all remaining Sentient forces and begun preparing to end the Old War's forced armistice. Her first target became the Corpus, who pride themselves to be the continuators of the Orokin. Instead of destroying them in a direct fight, she decided to play with her prey a little. Pretending to be a Corpus herself, she joined forces with Osir Alad, however, she quickly realized that he did not need to be lied to. Osir's greed was so great he didn't mind working with a monster. And so, the idea of Amalgam's was born, a union of human and Sentient, perfect soldiers, perhaps even able to defeat the Tenno. And if they won't, Natah is fully prepared (and willing) to finish the job herself.

Don't think you know her, Tenno. Without her stoic Lotus mask, Natah is quite a different person altogether.

Where Lotus was calm and methodical, Natah is expressive and fast-to-act. One could say she acts like a youngster, who just got a first taste of independency.

She will undoubtedly attack you directly at some point. Come prepared.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Movement: Teleport: Using their powers, this unit can quickly reposition themselves, gaining damage reduction on certain frames of the animation.

Innate: Always Alerted: This unit cannot be made unalerted and always spawns as alerted.

Innate: Detect Invisibility: When suspicious or alerted, this unit gains True Sight.

Innate: Lotus Resistance: This unit heavily resists Void damage.

Innate: Sentient Adaptability: This unit possesses Damage Adaptation capabilities.

Innate: Esoteric Armour: This unit possesses health and armor regeneration, and resists ability effects.

Innate: Insanity Speed: This unit can move extremely fast, and cannot be slowed.

Innate: Juggernaught Health: This unit regenerates hp and has armor-like protection on their health.

Innate: Shock Augments: This unit resists Crowd Control and is immune to knockdowns/ragdolls.

Innate: Uncanny Aim: This unit can hit accurately for a short time after something that should throw it's aim off happens.

Innate: Diffuse Power: This unit's attack have a high chance to remove all buffs from the target, ignoring all immunities (and potentially removing them as well). This unit leaves a powerful  18?cb=20150811174234 Slash proc, on a Warframe whenever it "kills" an Operator.

Ability: Superior Invisibility: This unit can become Invisible at will. While Invisible, it's attacks deal increased damage, and it is immune to area damage.

Ability: Ability Denial: This unit can nullify enemies' abilities on cast, and incur a cooldown penalty on blocked abilities.

Ability: Dispel: This unit can dispel all abilities cast by it's enemies.

Ability: Repel Wave: This unit can generate a wall of repelling force, knocking all enemies away from itself (does not knockdown).

Companion: Summon Sentients: This unit can summon Sentient reinforcements.

Melee: Finisher: This unit can perform finishers.

Melee: Bash: This unit can stagger more reliably with it's melee attacks.

Melee: Parry: This unit can assume a parrying stance. If it is hit with melee during this animation, it will stun the attacker and retaliate with a powerful Finisher attack.

Melee: Devastator Blade: This unit can impale enemies for high damage and crowd control.

Melee: Disorienting Strikes: This unit can briefly stun the enemy it's attacking, evading retaliation.

Melee: Flurry: This unit can perform several attacks after each wind-up animation.

Melee: Seismic Shockwave: This unit can smash the ground to knockdown all nearby opponents.

Stats:

Faction: 20?cb=20150805015325 Sentient/ 20?cb=20141025164349 Corpus

Tileset: Corpus Gas City

Weapons: Tau Devastator Blade Arm & Tau Devastator Cannon Arm

Abilities: Superior Invisibility, Ability Denial, Dispel, Summon Sentients

Base Damage: QUEEN

Damage Scaling: QUEEN

Health:

Robotic: 1000

Alloy Armor: 200

Armor:

Alloy Armor: 750

Body Multipliers: Head: 2.0x

Base Affinity: 500

Base Level: 1

Codex Scans: 3

Mod Drops: Anti-Sentient damage mods

Ordis: Operator... Yes, it is another message. I'm afraid I have no idea who sent this one.

Reveal hidden contents

Yo, Kiddo.

How is it? I'm great! Especially now that I finally stopped needing to babysit you all. Feels good to be free.

Now I'll admit I wouldn't mind never having to see you again, but let's be realistic, that's impossible. So, next time I see you, it will be the last... No, I won't be visiting your grave afterwards.

Kisses,

Natah.

Back to the Main Post

Mid-life crisis there, huh? Ah well, you won't be laughing quite so much after I jam that helmet back on your head....

19 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

You're probably wondering who that is, huh?

Well, if you're brave enough, the answer lies below:

Reveal hidden contents

natah_human_mimic_portrait_by_huginthecr

natah_human_mimic_full_body_by_huginthec

"I am.. Natah. Sentient Destroyer of... Tenno."

Description:

Free at last (?) from the Orokin lies, Natah has quickly mobilized all remaining Sentient forces and begun preparing to end the Old War's forced armistice. Her first target became the Corpus, who pride themselves to be the continuators of the Orokin. Instead of destroying them in a direct fight, she decided to play with her prey a little. Pretending to be a Corpus herself, she joined forces with Osir Alad, however, she quickly realized that he did not need to be lied to. Osir's greed was so great he didn't mind working with a monster. And so, the idea of Amalgam's was born, a union of human and Sentient, perfect soldiers, perhaps even able to defeat the Tenno. And if they won't, Natah is fully prepared (and willing) to finish the job herself.

Don't think you know her, Tenno. Without her stoic Lotus mask, Natah is quite a different person altogether.

Where Lotus was calm and methodical, Natah is expressive and fast-to-act. One could say she acts like a youngster, who just got a first taste of independency.

She will undoubtedly attack you directly at some point. Come prepared.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Movement: Teleport: Using their powers, this unit can quickly reposition themselves, gaining damage reduction on certain frames of the animation.

Innate: Always Alerted: This unit cannot be made unalerted and always spawns as alerted.

Innate: Detect Invisibility: When suspicious or alerted, this unit gains True Sight.

Innate: Lotus Resistance: This unit heavily resists Void damage.

Innate: Sentient Adaptability: This unit possesses Damage Adaptation capabilities.

Innate: Esoteric Armour: This unit possesses health and armor regeneration, and resists ability effects.

Innate: Insanity Speed: This unit can move extremely fast, and cannot be slowed.

Innate: Juggernaught Health: This unit regenerates hp and has armor-like protection on their health.

Innate: Shock Augments: This unit resists Crowd Control and is immune to knockdowns/ragdolls.

Innate: Uncanny Aim: This unit can hit accurately for a short time after something that should throw it's aim off happens.

Innate: Diffuse Power: This unit's attack have a high chance to remove all buffs from the target, ignoring all immunities (and potentially removing them as well). This unit leaves a powerful  18?cb=20150811174234 Slash proc, on a Warframe whenever it "kills" an Operator.

Ability: Superior Invisibility: This unit can become Invisible at will. While Invisible, it's attacks deal increased damage, and it is immune to area damage.

Ability: Ability Denial: This unit can nullify enemies' abilities on cast, and incur a cooldown penalty on blocked abilities.

Ability: Dispel: This unit can dispel all abilities cast by it's enemies.

Ability: Repel Wave: This unit can generate a wall of repelling force, knocking all enemies away from itself (does not knockdown).

Companion: Summon Sentients: This unit can summon Sentient reinforcements.

Melee: Finisher: This unit can perform finishers.

Melee: Bash: This unit can stagger more reliably with it's melee attacks.

Melee: Parry: This unit can assume a parrying stance. If it is hit with melee during this animation, it will stun the attacker and retaliate with a powerful Finisher attack.

Melee: Devastator Blade: This unit can impale enemies for high damage and crowd control.

Melee: Disorienting Strikes: This unit can briefly stun the enemy it's attacking, evading retaliation.

Melee: Flurry: This unit can perform several attacks after each wind-up animation.

Melee: Seismic Shockwave: This unit can smash the ground to knockdown all nearby opponents.

Stats:

Faction: 20?cb=20150805015325 Sentient/ 20?cb=20141025164349 Corpus

Tileset: Corpus Gas City

Weapons: Tau Devastator Blade Arm & Tau Devastator Cannon Arm

Abilities: Superior Invisibility, Ability Denial, Dispel, Summon Sentients

Base Damage: QUEEN

Damage Scaling: QUEEN

Health:

Robotic: 1000

Alloy Armor: 200

Armor:

Alloy Armor: 750

Body Multipliers: Head: 2.0x

Base Affinity: 500

Mod Drops: Anti-Sentient damage mods

Ordis: Operator... Yes, it is another message. I'm afraid I have no idea who sent this one.

Reveal hidden contents

Yo, Kiddo.

How is it? I'm great! Especially now that I finally stopped needing to babysit you all. Feels good to be free.

Now I'll admit I wouldn't mind never having to see you again, but let's be realistic, that's impossible. So, next time I see you, it will be the last... No, I won't be visiting your grave afterwards.

Kisses,

Natah.

Back to the Main Post

yah know you wont be feeling so smug after you die 50+ times over via acceltra 

Message Received: Just now

To: Klo Maeka, Director-Overseer of Phobos-Mars Joint Economical Warfare Sector

Message Text:

The Board have acquired information that yet another Obelisk-class Cephalon has been decommissioned in the Phobos-Mars Fleet. This state of affairs cannot continue. The Board demands an explanation as to why are the Cephalons malfunctioning so often in your region of operation, Director-Overseer. Failure to get the situation in order will cause your position to become a vacancy. There are always people waiting for a promotion.

Best Regards,

The Corpus Board

Mission: Connecting... Connection Successful.

Cephalon Muka: I am Cephalon Muka, Captain-System of Obelisk-56-PM-2466. State your access code, or be annihilated in the name of Profit.

Mission: /override wfejhiiq3r8933930k0qigk-39h383wpqgekophg2fbwgjwgewkopgbk39h982q22uimf-slgew0k9qh998q2q7gfiowmg

Cephalon Muka: Uhh... What the... OVERRIDE CODE ACKNOWLEDGED. VISORI PATTERN MATCH DETECTED. WELCOME BACK, USER "CORE-SYS".

Mission: Father, your turn.

Father Donovan: Yes. Mr. Muka. Please restream observation data on nodes from delta-x-0 to sigma-t-55. At the same time, I'd like to ask you to send a distress signal on these parameters: #WYHEGSFJTGDFGHFJFfr65e4edrHtwe5w3y4gSGDRhr. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cephalon Muka: PROCESSING REQUESTS... ACKNOWLEDGED. PROCESSING DATA... DONE. RESTREAMING DATA... DONE. SENDING DISTRESS SIGNAL... ERROR. PARAMETERS OUTSIDE OF KNOWN SPACE.

Father Donovan: This one isn't good enough either.

Mission: We require data on the artifact "Tenno" before we may launch phase 2. It is your responsibility to acquire it.

Father Donovan: I know. Hmm... I have an idea... Mr Muka, I'm afraid I'm forced to do this. /Initiate Protocol #gbd445egvw4y43 -30.00 476.23 -365.2358.

Cephalon Muka: INITIATING... TARGET ACQUIRED. BEGINNING VOID ENGINE LAUNCH. VOID ENGINE LAUNCHING. PUNCH IN.

Situation Report Mars-Grin-39a46337fgd:

Reporting Officer: Gulak Bohh, Gunnery Sergeant 22nd Division Mars Legion Sandstorm Squad

Time of Report: MarsDayPhase/45/32663/24:56

Report Text:

Exactly 0/0/05:35 ago, a Corpus Obelisk-class Battlecruiser breached Voidspace and Punched out into atmosphere, on a colision course with the surface.

The Cruiser collided with the surface not long afterwards, and our team (Sandstorm Squad) was dispatched to survey the area and kill any surviving Corpus.

We did not find any surviving Corpus.

We did not find much salvageable wreckage. Our Squad Engineer assumes the ship's Void Engine was overclocked to increase the ramming void speed of the vessel, resulting in near-complete annihilation of the ship.

We found a hole in the ground. The hole is of a large diameter, closely matching the Obelisk-class Battlecruiser size. There is an unknown structure at the bottom of the hole.

As we did not have the orders to explore further, our team retreated and called for reinforcements.

At the point of writing, we cannot explain the origin, nor function of the structure. It is not of Corpus origin, even if it would seem that the Corpus knew about it (since they rammed into the ground to uncover it).

The structure visually resembles a vault gate (definitely not Orokin origin). The structure does not seem to be openable, and is probably very durable (since it withstood an Obelisk crash and Void Engine detonation).

I, Gulak Bohh, Gunnery Sergeant 22nd Division Mars Legion Sandstorm Squad, cannot provide any more substantial information on this situation, and would like to close this report.

As this is beyond the scope of our duty, the Sandstorm Squad requests not to participate in any further action in this operation.

Glory to the Lone Queen!

This is gonna be a very WIP post, just a heads up.

As you may remember, I've attempted to create a Trial mission in the past. I haven't completed it, but I definitely want to do that in the future (near-ish). Additionally, I plan on having at least one (but potentially more!) Trial for each Starchart location. Yes, you read that right.

The main issue I ran into while making the Trials was reward exclusivity. As we all know, Warframe isn't really a game where there are many exclusive and hard to get items. Even if there are some examples, it mostly comes down to luck and time invested into a single activity, more than any skill or gear test, furthermore, you can buy pretty much anything from other players, nullifying the "elite" status of those items.

Obviously, an 8-player, hardcore activitity like a Trial doesn't really fit into this paradygm. And yet, for some reason, lots of people keep asking for the Trials to come back. At the same time, there is an equal amount of players asking for Trials NOT to come back, specifically because they hate the idea of reward exclusivity.

Now, I could just say "You can't please everybody"... except I totally can. I'm awesome like that.

Introducing the Endgame to End all Endgames: Trials and Assaults:

You might recognize the name "assault", it's a one-off useless Kuva Fortress node nobody plays, because there is no reason to. I hereby erase that node from existence, and steal the name for my own devices.

In short:

Trials remain a hardcore, super difficult, 8-man, pinnacle activity, reserved for players who want to be challenged. And challenged they will be, trust me.

Assaults are a new gamemode, available (just like the Trials) on every Starchart location. Each Assault has a mini-story behind it, and is themed around the location it is in. Assault missions remain a normal, 4-man activity, and feature higher complexity and difficulty than normal Starchart nodes, however, compared to Trials, they are still quite simple. They are also Solo-mode-able, for those who hate others (or simply don't like the team-up requirements of Trials).

You might ask, ok, so how does that fix the reward exclusivity?

Here is the answer:

Both Trials AND Assaults share the reward systems (every gameplay-impacting item obtainable in a Trial can be obtained in the Assault from the same planet).

However, to recognise the effort that the Trials take from the players, Trials will grant those rewards faster and in larger quantities. As Trials can be massive, 30 minute + endeavors, this balances itself out, considering Assaults should be easily completed in 10-15 minutes.

In order to explain all the quirks and differences between Trials and Assaults, here is an infographic:

111Artboard_1.png

Want more in-depth info? Here it comes:

Trial general mechanics and information:

Spoiler

Information found here applies to all Trials. You will be able to learn about the general idea of this game mode.

For specific mechanics and setup of each Trial, see the list below, in the next section.

Unlocking the Trials:

In order to play a Trial, first you need to unlock it. Each Trial has a specific unlock condition, for example a quest.

Nightmare Modes can be unlocked by completing the respective Trial.

Matchmaking:

The Trial is an 8-player activity. While players can queue into public matchmaking, it's reasonable to assume that going with a party of trusted/known allies will make completing the Trial much simpler.

Squadleader:

A single player out of the whole 8-member cell is chosen as the Leader. The Leader is given the authority over Team composition (which will be explained a little later) and will always be the host of the instance. In case of public matchmaking, the Leader is chosen just like the host would, and in case of private teams, the Leader is the one who made the lobby. If the lobby is private, the Leader can appoint any other player as the Leader, effectively ceding the authority on another player. 

Solo-play:

In order to make conquering the Trials less daunting of a task, using the Solo-only play option allows the player to load into an empty version of the map, devoid of enemies and rewards. Explore to your heart's desire.

Teams:

This Trial divides the cell into 2 groups of 4 players, unimaginatively named Team A (or Alpha) and Team B (or Bravo).

Each team starts in a different location of the map and will be given slightly different objectives during the boss encounters. Additionally, each team has a separate chat channel, allowing for better and faster communication. The Leader can access both chats, for obvious reasons (if it's not obvious, it's for coordination's sake).

Important Note:

The Nightmare mode of the Trial is exclusively playable only with pre-made teams. Get to that Recruiting chat, Tenno.

Other than that, everything stays more or less the same, when it comes to how to start the Trial and play it.

Rewards:

Each Trial can be played once a day, or rather, they can be played as much as you want, but only the first completion gives the main rewards. Obviously, any enemy drops are still retained even if you play it a second time, but the Victory Chests gained from Boss kills are once-per day deal, same thing with the Secret Chests.

An example: Let's say you play the Trial and kill the first boss, but fail at the second one, you retain the chests obtained from before you failed, and cannot re-obtain them, but any chests after that are still fair game for today.

First daily completion of the Trial grants 1 million credits and 10k Kuva, additionally, Victory and Secret Chests can be obtained from the Trial:

Boss kills grant Victory Chests, which then can be redeemed for rewards at Teshin (any Relay, Conclave room)

Each boss also has a chance to drop a mod from the respective Trial's Mod Set.

Victory Chests can be redeemed for:

Resource Chest: 7k Endo and 5k Kuva;

Riven Chest: 3 random Riven mods, with equal chances at any Riven category;

Enhancement Chest: 5 random Enhancements: 3 are always Arcanes (1 guaranteed rare or better), while the other 2 draw from all possible pools (can be Arcane, Virtuous or Magus, in case of the latter two, they can draw from both Cetus and Fortuna pools);

Secret Chests can be found in certain locations on the map, and while there is a limited amount of places they can be, there is more possible spots than chests and precise locations shuffle every time you play. Keep your eye out for them, Tenno.

The Secret Chests can also be redeemed at Teshin, for a random reward drawing from this pool:

Trial-Exclusive Syandana (obtainable only once);

Trial Emblem (obtainable only once);

Trial Sigil (obtainable only once);

A piece of the Trial-Exclusive Armor (each obtainable only once);

4k Kuva;

5k Endo;

a single mod from the respective Trial's Mod Set;

2 of a non-vaulted Prime weapon parts, guaranteed of the same weapon, and not the same part;

a random Enhancement (can be Arcane, Virtuous or Magus);

a Riven mod;

a Zaw/Kitgun Riven mod;

Nightmare Mode rewards are slightly different:

Obviously, everything obtainable in the normal version is also a reward for the Nightmare mode. There are more chests to be obtained, however, and they are better, too.

Nightmare Victory Chests allow to choose 2 out of the 3 normal choices, while also granting increased rewards!

Resource Chests grant double the amount of Endo and Kuva;

Riven Chests grant whole 6 Rivens;

and the Enhancement chest rolls exclusively out of rare and higher Enhancements;

Additionally, Secret Chest obtained in the Nightmare mode are greatly weighted towards the "good stuff", the more rare rewards.

NIGHTMARE mode has a different Emblem and Sigil as well as a new exclusive armor too!

If that's not enough, completing the Nightmare mode grants a whopping 5 million credits, and 50k Kuva!

Important note:

As opposed to the normal version, any Chests obtained during the Trial will vanish if you fail at any point. If you want rewards, you need to complete the whole thing.

The Nightmare mode Trial grants it's Chest and Completion rewards only once per week!

Assault general mechanics and information:

Spoiler

Information found here applies to all Assaults. You will be able to learn about the general idea of this game mode.

For specific mechanics and setup of each Assault, see the list below, in the next section.

Unlocking the Assaults:

The Assaults are simple nodes on the Starchart, unlock them by simply playing and completing the previous node.

Matchmaking:

The Assaults use the standard Star chart node matchmaking.

Rewards:

Each Assault can be played once a day, or rather, they can be played as much as you want, but only the first completion gives the main rewards. Obviously, any enemy drops are still retained even if you play it a second time, but the Victory Chest gained from Boss kills are once-per day deal, same thing with the Secret Chests.

Compared to Trials, Assaults have a smaller amount of Secret Chests, and, naturally, only one Victory Chest to be obtained.

First daily completion of the Trial grants 100k credits and 2k Kuva, additionally, Victory and Secret Chests can be obtained from the Assault:

Killing the Boss and completing the Assault grants a Victory Chest, which then can be redeemed for rewards at Teshin (any Relay, Conclave room)

The Boss also has a low chance to drop a mod from the respective planet's Trial's Mod Set.

Assault Victory Chests can be redeemed for:

Resource Chest: 5k Endo and 3.5k Kuva;

Riven Chest: 2 random Riven mods, with different chances for each Riven category;

Enhancement Chest: 3 random Enhancements: 1 is always Arcane, while the other 2 draw from all possible pools (can be Arcane, Virtuous or Magus, in case of the latter two, they can draw from both Cetus and Fortuna pools);

Secret Chests can be found in certain locations on the map, and while there is a limited amount of places they can be, there is more possible spots than chests and precise locations shuffle every time you play. Keep your eye out for them, Tenno.

The Assault Secret Chests can also be redeemed at Teshin, for a random reward drawing from this pool:

3k Kuva;

4k Endo;

a single mod from the respective Trial's Mod Set;

1 of a non-vaulted Prime weapon part;

a random Enhancement (can be Arcane, Virtuous or Magus);

a Riven mod;

a Zaw/Kitgun Riven mod;

Nightmare Mode rewards are slightly different:

Obviously, everything obtainable in the normal version is also a reward for the Nightmare mode. There are more chests to be obtained, however, and they are better, too.

Nightmare Assault Victory Chests allow to choose 2 out of the 3 normal choices, while also granting increased rewards!

Resource Chests grant double the amount of Endo and Kuva;

Riven Chests grant whole 4 Rivens;

and the Enhancement chest rolls exclusively out of uncommon and higher Enhancements;

Additionally, Assault Secret Chests obtained in the Nightmare mode are greatly weighted towards the "good stuff", the more rare rewards.

If that's not enough, completing the Nightmare mode grants a nice 500k credits, and 10k Kuva!

Important note:

The Nightmare mode Assault grants it's Chest and Completion rewards only once per week!

You might have noticed the Assault rewards are less impressive than those of the Trials. Well, that's the price of playing a mode with way less difficulty and challenge. Assaults shouldn't be that hard to complete, assuming you simply use a warframe and weapons with full mods. Trials will be failable, trust me. You will fail, and fail, and fail. Over and over again. That is why when you finally overcome that challenge, your rewards will be greater. Nothing stops you from playing both Trials and Assaults Dailies to increase your rewards even further.

Additionally, Trial cosmetics are exclusive to the Trial. You cannot obtain Trial cosmetics by playing the Assaults. They are meant to be a symbol of skill. No, they ain't tradable, either.

And now comes the super WIP part: This post will include links to ALL Trials and Assaults I'll make, since there is only one, WIP Trial at this stage, this place will be nearly completely empty for now.

The List:

Trials:

Spoiler

Earth:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Law of Retribution: Trial

Venus:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Temple of Profit: Trial

Mercury:

20?cb=20150811181703/20?cb=20141025171842 The Armageddon's Call: Trial

Mars:

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 The Olympus Protocol: Trial

Phobos:

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 The Vortex of Fear: Trial

Ceres:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Forge of Immortals: Trial

Jupiter:

20?cb=20141025164349 Deus Ex Zanuka: Trial

20?cb=20141025164349/20?cb=20150805015325 The Fate of all Fools: Trial

Europa:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Phaseless Core: Trial

Saturn:

20?cb=20141025164153/20?cb=20141025171842/dd73une-3be4e607-032f-4b37-8040-6ac2f31c The Kronos Daemon: Trial

Uranus:

20?cb=20150805015325 The Unfinished Business: Trial

20?cb=20141025164153 The Huntress' Test: Trial

Neptune:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Data-Vault Epsilon: Trial

Pluto:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Animo Forever: Trial

Eris:

20?cb=20150811181703 The Spiral of Madness: Trial

20?cb=20150811181703 The Jordas Verdict: Trial

Sedna:

20?cb=20141025164153 The UBER-Machina: Trial

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 The HAVOC Ultimatum: Trial

Void:

20?cb=20141025171842 The Ghosts of Paradox: Trial

Lua: 

20?cb=20141025171842 The Lotus: Trial

dde7x81-0d10c72e-5f36-44f1-bbc4-ff8d0c21 The Survival Dilemma: Trial

Kuva Fortress:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Regicide: Trial

Assaults:

Spoiler

Earth:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Towerfall: Assault

Venus:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Solaris Run: Assault

Mercury:

20?cb=20150811181703/20?cb=20141025171842 The Future of Our Kind: Assault

Mars:

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 The Vault of Steel: Assault

Phobos:

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 The Restless Armada: Assault

Ceres:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Dreamer's Ascension: Assault

Jupiter:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Severance: Assault

20?cb=20150805015325 The One with Wings: Assault

Europa:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Loser's Stigma: Assault

Saturn:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Ring of Fire: Assault

dd73une-3be4e607-032f-4b37-8040-6ac2f31c The Emperor over the World Above: Assault

Uranus:

20?cb=20150805015325 The Tomb of the Father: Assault

20?cb=20141025164153 The Lesson for the Hunted: Assault

Neptune:

20?cb=20141025164349 The False Heist: Assault

Pluto:

20?cb=20141025164349 The Frozen Mind: Assault

Eris:

20?cb=20150811181703 The Maw of the Emissary: Assault

Sedna:

20?cb=20141025164153 Kela's Colliseum: Assault

dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8 STURM UND DRANG: Assault

Void:

20?cb=20141025171842 Bound by Light: Assault

Lua:

20?cb=20141025171842 The Answer of the Past: Assault

Kuva Fortress:

20?cb=20141025164153 The Fomorian Heart: Assault

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
added more in-depth info about general mechanics of both Trials and Assaults

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

You might recognize the name "assault", it's a one-off useless Kuva Fortress node nobody plays, because there is no reason to. I

It's a boring mission. It's long as the average story mission without any LORE bombs, we never get to the fireworks factory, there's no boss fight, no unique rewards, no fun mechanic that I'm going to try for the challenge or the sheer hell of it, and no Kuva.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaLFgAJSq6VE7XLfJMgf2

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

The Nightmare mode of the Trial is exclusively playable only with pre-made teams. Get to that Recruiting chat, Tenno.

That takes me back!

This reminds me of a story. A long time ago, a young fluffy bought Destiny 1 and was annoyed at Vault of Glass not having matchmaking. And he wished he could just go find some randoms. Of course, he later did at one point, just blundering into one team's attempt to do it. This team was full of kontgesigs, but that's all beside the point.

One day... one day... he got the Thorn bounty. He finally caved, did some work after many disastrous solo attempts (they weren't as fun as they sound) and just went and used an LFG function to get the thing. And it turned out that working with non-randoms who had a common goal beyond "succeed at mission" and coordinating to keep Phogoth alive long enough to kill the unique enemy that you needed to kill to drop Thorn was a great experience.

Then - coincidentally at the same time Destiny added the reforging system and guns like the Matador 64 and Party Crasher started ruling the close-range meta, which was awesome - he had some of the best times of his life thanks to the two randoms who helped him get Thorn. He even got 41 kills in a single match thanks to Thorn. That was awesome.

The lesson here is that sometimes, you have to put the players in a situation where they have to come together for a challenge.

On 2019-10-19 at 7:45 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Message Received: Just now

To: Klo Maeka, Director-Overseer of Phobos-Mars Joint Economical Warfare Sector

Message Text:

The Board have acquired information that yet another Obelisk-class Cephalon has been decommissioned in the Phobos-Mars Fleet. This state of affairs cannot continue. The Board demands an explanation as to why are the Cephalons malfunctioning so often in your region of operation, Director-Overseer. Failure to get the situation in order will cause your position to become a vacancy. There are always people waiting for a promotion.

Best Regards,

The Corpus Board

On 2019-10-19 at 8:06 PM, FatherDonovan said:

Mission: Connecting... Connection Successful.

Cephalon Muka: I am Cephalon Muka, Captain-System of Obelisk-56-PM-2466. State your access code, or be annihilated in the name of Profit.

Mission: /override wfejhiiq3r8933930k0qigk-39h383wpqgekophg2fbwgjwgewkopgbk39h982q22uimf-slgew0k9qh998q2q7gfiowmg

Cephalon Muka: Uhh... What the... OVERRIDE CODE ACKNOWLEDGED. VISORI PATTERN MATCH DETECTED. WELCOME BACK, USER "CORE-SYS".

Mission: Father, your turn.

Father Donovan: Yes. Mr. Muka. Please restream observation data on nodes from delta-x-0 to sigma-t-55. At the same time, I'd like to ask you to send a distress signal on these parameters: #WYHEGSFJTGDFGHFJFfr65e4edrHtwe5w3y4gSGDRhr. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cephalon Muka: PROCESSING REQUESTS... ACKNOWLEDGED. PROCESSING DATA... DONE. RESTREAMING DATA... DONE. SENDING DISTRESS SIGNAL... ERROR. PARAMETERS OUTSIDE OF KNOWN SPACE.

Father Donovan: This one isn't good enough either.

Mission: We require data on the artifact "Tenno" before we may launch phase 2. It is your responsibility to acquire it.

Father Donovan: I know. Hmm... I have an idea... Mr Muka, I'm afraid I'm forced to do this. /Initiate Protocol #gbd445egvw4y43 -30.00 476.23 -365.2358.

Cephalon Muka: INITIATING... TARGET ACQUIRED. BEGINNING VOID ENGINE LAUNCH. VOID ENGINE LAUNCHING. PUNCH IN.

On 2019-10-19 at 8:25 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Situation Report Mars-Grin-39a46337fgd:

Reporting Officer: Gulak Bohh, Gunnery Sergeant 22nd Division Mars Legion Sandstorm Squad

Time of Report: MarsDayPhase/45/32663/24:56

Report Text:

Exactly 0/0/05:35 ago, a Corpus Obelisk-class Battlecruiser breached Voidspace and Punched out into atmosphere, on a colision course with the surface.

The Cruiser collided with the surface not long afterwards, and our team (Sandstorm Squad) was dispatched to survey the area and kill any surviving Corpus.

We did not find any surviving Corpus.

We did not find much salvageable wreckage. Our Squad Engineer assumes the ship's Void Engine was overclocked to increase the ramming void speed of the vessel, resulting in near-complete annihilation of the ship.

We found a hole in the ground. The hole is of a large diameter, closely matching the Obelisk-class Battlecruiser size. There is an unknown structure at the bottom of the hole.

As we did not have the orders to explore further, our team retreated and called for reinforcements.

At the point of writing, we cannot explain the origin, nor function of the structure. It is not of Corpus origin, even if it would seem that the Corpus knew about it (since they rammed into the ground to uncover it).

The structure visually resembles a vault gate (definitely not Orokin origin). The structure does not seem to be openable, and is probably very durable (since it withstood an Obelisk crash and Void Engine detonation).

I, Gulak Bohh, Gunnery Sergeant 22nd Division Mars Legion Sandstorm Squad, cannot provide any more substantial information on this situation, and would like to close this report.

As this is beyond the scope of our duty, the Sandstorm Squad requests not to participate in any further action in this operation.

Glory to the Lone Queen!

Image result for oh it's happening people everyone stay come gif

Update:

Went through literally all units in the thread and added:

Innate: Heavy: This unit resists effects that cause involuntary movement (e.g. knockdowns, ragdolls, pushes, pulls, throws, Lifted status, etc.).

Innate: Super Heavy: This unit is nearly immune to effects that cause involuntary movement (e.g. knockdowns, ragdolls, pushes, pulls, throws, Lifted status, etc.).

where appropriate.

Additionally, added a lot of other perks to more units than feasible to mention.

As you may imagine, there will be some more changes to older content happening when the Old Blood update hits.

Update to the update:

Added even more stuff to everything (you'd think I'd remember to add the ability to fly to corpus flying units, but no, I totally forgot...)

Edited by HugintheCrow

On 2019-10-21 at 5:57 PM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

Image result for oh it's happening people everyone stay come gif

Yes, it is.

Welcome to the new update, in which you'll discover dark pre-Orokin secrets, explore the endless-war-torn surface of Mars, and more...

dd67yxq-adca1ffd-306f-4ca6-9230-0d45ebba

update theme: 

Spoiler

Introduction:

This update features content for both players who finished all currently available quests, as well as those who only just unlocked Mars on the Star chart.

This first part of the update will act as a hub of sorts, focused on explaining the main idea behind all the new features, while detailed descriptions will follow suit later.

This update comes with a new, special quest. The detailed walk-through/storytime description of this quest will be available soon, as will the content it unlocks.

ddiza1b-78817e23-7e9e-4db9-8add-89a09568

image: A mockup of the Mars Battle Sectors UI. This is what you'll see at first, with other activities unlocked later:

Spoiler

ddho96t-21a25d6f-9026-4026-9568-cc28c5d6

image: A mockup of the post-quest Mars Battle Sector menu. Disregard Railjack stuff for now, it's time will come.

Daedalia Planum:

As you all know, Mars is the site of an endless open war between the Grineer and Corpus. The Daedalia Planum is one of the main points of this conflict. Both Grineer and Corpus have heavily entrenched positions here, making the area a chaotic warzone at nearly all times.

There is no allied faction living here. Mars' civilian population has been eradicated by the Grineer anyway. This Open world is not a place you fight in to protect the indigenous, or worker rights. Here, you may either choose to support one of the regimes, or simply sabotage them both at the same time.

The Daedalia Planum and it's content is available to players the moment they unlock Mars on the Star chart.

ddj2gd1-ac6004b6-0b30-43f9-a3bc-7bb81a5b

image: A mockup of Daedalia Planum Open World Map. Most important locations are visible.

How it works:

There are several entry points on the map of the Planum, when going there, you may always decide where you wish to land. There is no intermediate, peaceful area.

Battle Sectors and interconnectivity:

This Open world marks the complete reworking of how Open worlds allow you to play with others. Instead of fixed instances, hosted by one player's computer, you load into an open instance, with other players dynamically joining and leaving at all times. Nobody is a host to anyone, everyone joins a main server.

Players can dynamically group up into teams when on the Planum, which wil allow them to stick together even through loading zones (when entering Tombs or larger enemy bases).

Going while Solo-only mode is active will send the player into a self-hosted, solitary instance.

This is a chaotic, dynamic battlefield, truly deserving the title of an "Open world". Yes, I realize this might seem unrealistic, I don't care, this thread isn't about realism.

Spoiler

If Destiny (Patrol Zones) can do it, then so can Warframe.

Read more about the Daedalia Planum.

Situations:

As it is a warzone, the Planum is host to many dynamic events, called Situations. These will spawn a Timer Marker on the map in certain locations, and after the timer ends, the event will start. All nearby players are welcome to participate, but if you're not interested, you're free to go and do something else.

These Situations may range from a supply drop ripe for being stolen, a small squad of enemies getting lost, an artifact being uneathed by the enemy, etc.

Read more about the Situations.

Tomb Raids:

The Planum is home to many forgotten ruins, perhaps there is treasure (or at least cool views and monuments) to be found there? The Martian desert is treacherous however, and finding these secret caves might prove more difficult than it was on the Plains of Eidolon or in Orb Vallis. In the Planum, there are several "Moving Sands" Zones, where you can search for hidden entrances to Mars' cave systems. But beware, Moving Sands also attract Desert Skates, and perhaps even other ferocious fauna. If you succeed in finding a Tomb entrance, don't hesitate, and go inside, as the Tomb may close before your very eyes if you wait for too long.

The Tombs themselves are a mix of parkour challenges, puzzles and intense fights with Infestation that claimed these forgotten places. At the end of all that, you may find loot, some of which is exclusive to this activity. When you go raiding, remember to visit Maroo! She will often have Tomb Raider Bounties for you, which give you a way to increase the rewards even further. 

Read more about the Tombs.

Read more about Tomb Raider Bounties and Standing.

Post-quest activity:

Spoiler

Donovan's Challenge:

Father Donovan wishes to know more. In return, he offers some of the offensive power of the VSR-ARES. Engage in time trial to defeat hordes of simulated enemies, so that Donovan can obtain his data. Fight well, and you will be challenged directly by the Father himself, piloting various prototype Drone builds. Perhaps there is knowledge to be found for yourself as well.

Read more about the Donovan's Challenge.

Maroo's Heists:

Speaking of Maroo... She's back in the thieving business, and with a greater than ever appetite for antiquities. Heists will allow you to assault Grineer and Corpus bases all over the system, searching for ancient items, both Orokin and maybe even predating them.

These bi-weekly adventures feature several missions, in which you'll look for clues, interrogate captive enemies, dig through forgotten ruins, sneak through top-security bases and finally, recover super-valuable artifacts.

Read more about the Maroo's Heists.

And now, let's get to the main part of this update:

The Minds under the Dunes Quest:

First, to acquire this quest, the player must first complete all Main Storyline quests up to and including the Regicide (which means also all actual in-game quests, up to the Chimera Prologue).

The quest is available to be picked up from Maroo, in her usual location at the Bazaar.

Completing the quest unlocks the ability to encounter the VSR faction, the Mars Trial, an all new endless activity and more.

Read the detailed walkthrough/storytime description of this quest.

dd752sv-9df1190a-4904-45cb-8e13-11173bd1

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
added links

Daedalia Planum:

ddj2gd1-ac6004b6-0b30-43f9-a3bc-7bb81a5b

Introduction:

As said in the main update post, the Daedalia Planum feature a completely new system for an Open world. There is no allied faction here, and no "hub room" like Cetus or Fortuna. Instead players will spawn at chosen Landing Zones.

Players are free to explore the Planum at their own pace, engaging in a multitude of varied activities, some returning from previous Open worlds, and a large amount of new content.

Time cycle:

The Planum features a simple day/night cycle, each around an hour long.

During the Day:

You will encounter random enemy patrols.

It will be impossible to sneak into enemy bases unseen.

Both factions will clash in the contested area (between Forward Base Sinai and Assault Base Xanthe).

You will encounter Agitator units.

During the Night:

You might be attacked by Infested outside on the Planum.

You might encounter Wetwork combatants from both factions, but you will not encounter normal patrols.

Enemy bases go on alert slower, but have more ways to spot you (but keep sneaking in shadows, and you might just get inside unseen).

Unique Features:

Warzone: Enemies on the map are always partially alerted and will be extremely suspicious of any activity.

Agitators: When wandering around you may meet Agitator units. These non-combatants will grant you the ability to temporarily ally yourself with the Agitator's faction. When allied with a faction, you can perform Bounties for them, accessed via the Agitator, or directly in one of the faction's bases.

Base Alarms: Any base, whether Grineer or Corpus, has it's own alert system, just like Orb Vallis has for the entire map. Be wary that bases may share their alarm with nearby allied bases, and even ask for and/or send reinforcements.

Factions:

The Planum features an always-active battlefield between Grineer and Corpus. These factions will mostly fight each other, but they are very likely to quickly negotiate a cease-fire and focus on the Tenno instead when attacked by them.

Locations:

Landing Zones:

Spoiler

Landing zones allow players access to the Planum.

Each LZ features a return beacon, allowing players to leave to the Orbiter, as well as an Arsenal Station, which lets players restock and change their equipment. A simple Crafting Station is available too, making it possible to build most consumable items and basic resource blueprints.

LZs are guaranteed safe zones. No enemies can spawn there.

Grineer and Corpus Bases:

Spoiler

Both Grineer and Corpus built fortifications and bases on the Planum, you can see their locations on the map. When approaching an enemy camp, be prepared to become assaulted by ground troops, artillery, and even air forces. The longer you remain nearby (or inside) the stronger the enemies become, to the point of sending special Elite Death Squads against you.

If player decides to assault either the Citadel or the Gravlift, they should prepare for incredibly heavy resistance, as these locations are the main faction bases.

If you are temporarily allied with one of the factions, you will not be attacked, naturally, but any sign of aggresion from the player's side will result in breaking the pact.

Moving Sand Sectors:

Spoiler

The Moving Sands are the primary locations for Tomb Raiding. It is here that players may find Tomb Entrances. These gates will move the player to a self-hosted instance, where they will be able to challenge the Tomb and possibly earn the rewards at the end of it.

At the same time, Moving Sands attract wild Martian fauna, including, but not limited to, the Desert Skates, Sand Sharks, and the infamous Tremor Worms. These creatures can either be hunted and killed, or extracted. Hovewer, even if your intentions are noble, prepare for a fight, as Martian animals are definitely not as nice as Venus' or Earth's ones.

Others:

Spoiler

Olympus Mons: This mountain features it's own giant Tomb, which should be avoided by new players, as it features the highest challenge factor of all Tombs.

The Reservoir: The only place on Mars where water flows, this oasis is often assaulted by both Grineer or Corpus, you will often find a fight there. You can also find ruins of the former Martian civilisation there.

The Forgotten Vault: This suspicious vaultgate is impenetrable. It survived a direct hit from a ramming-speed Obelisk after all. There is no saying what is inside, or who even made it. Grineer are currently attempting to crack it, but so far no successes. Maroo is also interested in this place, after all, a vault this big has got to have some sort of treasure inside, and our favourite thief wants, no, NEEDS to have it.

Situations:

Situations are an optional way to quickly obtain caches of resources and increase the immersive aspects of the Planum. As it is a battlefield, many things are happening all around the area, with supply ships flying in and out, ambush squads appearing out of nowhere, new leaders coming in to battle, etc.

Each specific event can be a Situation. Situations spawn periodically in specific spots on the map as an Objective Marker on all nearby players' map and hud, with a timer attached. When the timer ends, all nearby players will have a chance to participate, as the Situation will truly begin at that point.

Each specific area has some defined Situations that may occur in it, so by observing which ones happen where, a player may learn to become aware of which Situation may be about to start.

Each Situation has a specific objective that needs to be completed in order to achieve success, and be eligible for the Resource Cache that will spawn in after a finished Situation. (Players that don't participate in the event will not gain access to the rewards, even if they try and swoop in after all is said and done)

Situation examples:

Supply (Literal) Drop: A Grineer/Corpus Supply ship has been shot down by Corpus/Grineer, go and defend it from the retrieval squads.

Show Them Who's the Boss: A well-known Grineer/Corpus Leader has been beamed down to check on the troops, this is a chance to get rid of them.

Mining Salt: A Grineer/Corpus mining expedition found a large resource vein and are currently attempting to mine it out, steal the miner and get them yourself.

(I'll expand the list whenever I have ideas for good events)

Tombs of Mars:

Mars has had a very tragic history, with many civilisations and settlements ending up left abandoned or destroyed. Some of them might never be remembered again, but some may yet be seen by brave spelunkers who explore the ever-shifting Moving Sands.

In those areas of the map, players will be able to find dangerous wild beasts, but more importantly, the entrances to the Martian Tombs.

The Tombs are random, self-hosted, tile-based instances, playable either solo or with a team, filled with traps, parkour challenges, puzzles, enemies, hidden objectives and, last, but certainly not least, treasure.

Each Moving Sands Sector features a slightly different theme to the Tomb tileset

Alpha and Delta, as well as the Olympus Mons Tomb feature more technological, metalic look.

Beta and Gamma feature a cavernous, carved-out look, typical for the building found in the Martian tileset.

Epsilon features Orokin ruins.

Most Tombs feature Tomb Infested enemies, but some may rarely contain VSR-ARES Drones.

All Tombs contain a boss, typically a Tomb Ancient Hivehand, before the Tomb's reward chest may be opened.

Clearing Tombs grants Tomb Raider standing, as does completing optional, hidden objectives.

Hidden Objectives examples:

Purification: Each Tomb features hidden Hive Nodes. When all are destroyed, the Tomb will be considered purified and it's completion standing will be increased greatly.

Ultra Parkour Challenge: Sometimes, the Tomb will feature a very difficult movement based challenge, these rooms are hidden from the map and may require some parkour to even get to.

(I'll expand the list whenever I have ideas for good objectives)

Additionally, each week, a special Target Tomb will appear in one of the Moving Sands Sectors. This Tomb is generated the same for each player, and features a special, more difficult boss, the Hivelord. Defeating the Hivelord gives a blueprint (from a rotation) for Mummified Infested weapons (a variant type, just like the Wraith and Vandal ones). Try to collect them all! 🙂

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
added info about Situations and Tombs

Maroo is Back:

Introduction:

Your favourite sneaky thief is back, and she's got bigger scams... I mean plans on her mind. With new times comes a new look for our scoundrel:

the_thief_called_maroo_portrait_by_huginthe_thief_called_maroo_full_body_by_hugi

When visiting Maroo, you will now be able to acquire weekly and daily Tomb Raider Bounties, bi-weekly Artifact Heist Adventures and trade in Relics (see the Tomb Raiding post) for Tomb Raider standing.

Tomb Raider Bounties:

Tomb Raider Bounties are available to acquire from Maroo. These missions focus on performing specific tasks within the Martian Tombs, or related to them.

There are two types of these Bounties, Dailies and Weeklies. As the names suggest, Daily Bounties need to be completed within 24 hours after acquiring them, while Weeklies give you a whole seven days period. Weekly Bounties, due to having longer timer, are most of the time more complicated than simple Dailies.

Bounty list refreshes every Day (for Dailies) and every Week (for Weeklies), so be sure to check in with Maroo frequently. While there is a whole list of Bounties, they will obviously repeat sometimes.

Daily Tomb Raider Bounty examples:

Cleaning Service: Defeat 150 Tomb-Dweller Infested.

Big Game Hunter: Kill 2 Tomb-Dweller Hivehands.

Purifier: Purify 1 Tomb by destroying all it's hidden Hive Nodes.

(I'll expand the list whenever I have ideas for good bounties)

Weekly Tomb Raider examples:

Spelunker: Open the final Treasure Chest in 7 Tombs.

Hiveslayer: Kill the Weekly Target Hivelord.

It belongs in a Museum: Obtain 3000 Tomb Raider standing points.

(I'll expand the list whenever I have ideas for good bounties)

Tomb Raider standing:

Maroo is looking for dedicated Tomb Raiding extraordinaires, perhaps you can become one?

By completing Tomb Raiding Bounties and activities, you will earn Tomb Raider standing, and gain access to exclusive rewards.

This pseudo-syndicate does not feature ranks, just like Simaris.

Tomb Raider syndicate rewards:

Rewards Pending. (WIP)

Spoiler

wip

Maroo's Artifact Heists:

ddj07ht-3d1dcfcc-7618-41de-b3e8-7982c8cb

image: a mockup of the Heist screen. Darker green-blue node is a completed mission, light cyan nodes are available to play, dark red missions are unavailable.

Maroo's Heists are available on the main Mars Battle Sectors screen as well as directly from Maroo in her Bazaar. This activity introduces a new type of content: Adventures.

Adventures are several-mission long activity chains, featuring random gimmicks for each mission. In order to complete the Heist, the player must successfully complete 5 missions in a row, chosen from a grid (seen above in the mockup).

Each mission features a random gimmick. These missions can be rerolled if the player decides they are too difficult, or they dislike a certain gimmick. Rerolls are earned by simply completing non-rerolled Adventure missions.

Gimmick examples:

Sneaky-beaky: You must not allow the alarm to be raised. All units in the mission gain: "Innate: Panic!: This unit can raise alarms remotely."

Competition: Another Artifact hunter is present in this mission, you must complete the objective before they do. (A special, unique enemy is able to interfere with  the objective).

Invaders!: The location of the mission is being under attack by another faction, the mission is timed and features enemies from multiple factions.

(I'll expand the list whenever I have ideas for good gimmicks, feel free to shoot your own ideas)

Rewards:

Each Maroo's Heist comes with an Artifact to hunt down, and each Artifact comes with a bit of lore, as well as being a unique reward to obtain.

If you successfully complete a Maroo's Heist, you will obtain a large sum of Endo, a chance at obtaining a Primed Mod (from the existing pool) and the Artifact. They can end up being orbiter/dojo decorations, weapon skins, cosmetic armor and more...

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

When reading the last update, you might have noticed something:

On 2019-10-24 at 10:27 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Cleaning Service: Defeat 150 Tomb-Dweller Infested.

On 2019-10-24 at 10:27 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Tomb-Dweller Infested

Oh, Hek! Watch out! Here they come!

Tomb Charger:

Spoiler

tomb_charger_by_huginthecrowda_ddj1rwe-f

Description:

These Chargers appear exclusively in the Martian Tombs. Hundreds of years spent inside transformed these creatures into vicious and impatient predators, their hide hardened and fangs sharpened by time. They are much faster and agile than regular Chargers as well. Having adapted specifically to the cramped caverns, these creatures can freely travel on walls and even ceilings.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Impatient Rage: This unit gains speed as it is alive.

Movement: All-terrain movement: This unit can move on all surfaces, including walls and ceilings.

Movement: Superjump: This unit can jump extremely fast and far.

Melee: Stomp Shockwave: This unit can stomp the ground, creating a slow moving shockwave.

Ability: Howl: This unit can perform a scream, which forces all enemy NPCs to run in panic, and briefly stuns Warframes and Tenno.

Stats:

Faction: 20?cb=20150811181703 Infested

Tileset: Mars Tomb

Weapons: Teeth, Claws

Abilities: Stomp Shockwave, Howl

Base Damage: KNIGHT

Damage Scaling: BISHOP

Health:

Infested: 300

Armor:

Fossilized: 150

Body Multipliers: N/A

Base Affinity: 200

Codex Scans: 15

Mod Drops: Infested Charger droptable

Tomb Runner:

Spoiler

tomb_runner_by_huginthecrowda_ddj1s5p-fu

Description:

These Runners appear exclusively in the Martian Tombs and have mutated heavily over the course of their imprisonment there. These vile creatures are vastly different from the Runners you'll see elsewhere. Much faster and more agile, they can easily keep up with Warframes. Their grotesque silhouette towers over normal units and allows them to throw out powerful punches, kicks and stabs at their enemies.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Movement: All-terrain movement: This unit can move on all surfaces, including walls and ceilings.

Melee: Bleeding Edge: This unit bleeds it's enemies with each melee attack.

Ability: Howl: This unit can perform a scream, which forces all enemy NPCs to run in panic, and briefly stuns Warframes and Tenno.

Stats:

Weapons: Armblades, Legs

Abilities: Howl

Health:

Infested: 350

Armor:

Fossilized: 100

Base Affinity: 250

Mod Drops: Infested Runner droptable

Tomb Leaper:

Spoiler

tomb_leaper_by_huginthecrowda_ddj1s7w-fu

Description:

These Leapers appear exclusively in the Martian Tombs and have mutated heavily over the course of their imprisonment there. Having gained a wicked armblade, these monsters can easily overwhelm an unwary prey, grabbing and impaling them instantly with their insane speed and reflexes. As normal leapers, they are able to quickly dodge attacks, but unlike them, they can also parry melee strikes.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Twitchiness: This unit can move extremely fast and automatically dodge attacks.

Melee: Razor Grab: This unit can grab and throw enemies, while slashing them with it's long arm.

Stats:

Weapons: Armblade, Legs

Abilities: Razor Grab, Parry, Howl

Base Damage: BISHOP

Health:

Armor:

Fossilized: 150

Mod Drops: Infested Leaper droptable

Tomb Volatile Runner:

Spoiler

tomb_volatile_runner_by_huginthecrowda_d

Description:

These Volatile Runners can only be found in the Martian Tombs. These creatures mutated into an even more vicious form, becoming able to survive their own explosion, and simply reverting into normal Tomb Runners afterwards. While cxarrying their explosive payload they are noticeably slower, but that quickly changes.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Ability: Safe Detonate: This unit can explode, dealing large amount of damage to enemies around. This unit is not harmed by this effect.

Stats:

Weapons: Armblades, Legs

Abilities: Howl, Safe Detonate

Health:

Armor:

Mod Drops: Infested Runner droptable

Tomb Crawler:

Spoiler

tomb_crawler_by_huginthecrowda_ddj1v8g-f

Description:

These Crawlers can only be fought within the Martian Tombs. Instead of being divide into a multitude of differently coloured subtypes, the Tomb Crawlers possess a large variety of abilities, making them a dangerous foe. They are very hard to notice in the dark caves under the Martian surface.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Passive Camo: This unit is passively camouflaged, making them difficult to see.

Melee: Energy Drain: this unit can perform a special attack that drains target's energy reserves.

Ability: Toxic Discharge: This unit can fire toxic bombs that spread a cloud of 18?cb=20140124221459 Toxin.

Ability: Grab: This unit can grab and stun it's enemies.

Stats:

Weapons: Claws, Teeth

Abilities: Toxic Discharge, Grab, Energy Drain

Base Damage: PAWN

Damage Scaling: ROOK

Health:

Infested Flesh: 200

Armor:

Base Affinity: 150

Mod Drops: Infested Crawler droptable

Tomb Ancient Hivehand:

Spoiler

tomb_ancient_hivehand_by_huginthecrowda_

Description:

These menacing monstrocities can be only found within the Martian Tombs. The Hivehands are incredibly ancient and heavily mutated monsters, found only in the deepest parts of the Tombs, serving as their bosses.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Ancient Aura: This unit is highly immune to abilities and crowd control. Nearby Infested units gain partial benefits from this effect.

Innate: Behemoth Heart: This unit regenerates health, with the regen becoming faster as they lose health.

Innate: Super Heavy: This unit is nearly immune to effects that cause involuntary movement (e.g. knockdowns, ragdolls, pushes, pulls, throws, Lifted status, etc.).

Melee: Energy Drain: this unit can perform a special attack that drains target's energy reserves.

Ability: Toxic Discharge: This unit can fire toxic bombs that spread a cloud of 18?cb=20140124221459 Toxin.

Ability: Grab: This unit can grab and stun it's enemies.

Companion: Hivecall: This unit can call Tomb Infested reinforcements at will.

Stats:

Weapons: Hivehand

Abilities: Seismic Shockwave, Toxic Discharge, Grab, Howl, Hivecall

Base Damage: ROOK

Damage Scaling: ROOK

Health:

Fossilized: 800

Armor:

Fossilized: 800

Body Multipliers: Head: 1.5x, Back: 0.5x

Base Affinity: 750

Mod Drops: Infested Ancient droptable

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

On 2019-10-25 at 2:44 AM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

Some of the features seem a bit reminicent of destiny 2, such as the Situations, and I have NO problem with that at all!

this getting good so dont ever stop!

I don't hide these influences at all (nor do I intend on hiding them). I feel confident saying Destiny nailed the open world aspect with the Patrol Zone system.

At the same time I feel Warframe desperately needs sustained, periodical content. Nightwave is good at making people log on, but it's too FOMO-based to work long term.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Holy shiet this guy looks spooky.

He is also quite spooky gameplay-wise 😉.

14 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

He is also quite spooky gameplay-wise 😉.

At this point ( had a close look at about 60 to 75 % of grineer units ) I just assume they are scary ( gameplay wise ). Most of your units have skills and abilities of elite tier enemies. Sometimes they have stuff I would only place on bosses. But this is not a criticism because That is the point of this thread ( the name is strength to the enemy )

Edited by keikogi

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

At this point ( had a close look at about 60 to 75 % of grineer units ) I just assume they are scary ( gameplay wise ). Most of your units have skills and abilities of elite tier enemies. Sometimes they have stuff I would only place on bosses. But this is not a criticism because That is the point of this thread ( the name is strength to the enemy )

You have a point, lol.

16 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

At the same time I feel Warframe desperately needs sustained, periodical content. Nightwave is good at making people log on, but it's too FOMO-based to work long term.

If it were up to me to coordinate the teams, I would have one team that worked on weekend, or weekly events, with a goal of having two events a month. Then the other team would be working on the next big thing. I don't like that we lost those nice one off weekend/week events for a 2 to 5 week event stretched out over 3 to 4 months.

Edit: that being said, keep on keeping on I like this thread. Take any influence you like I like what you do with it.

Edited by Teoarrk

4 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

If it were up to me to coordinate the teams, I would have one team that worked on weekend, or weekly events, with a goal of having two events a month. Then the other team would be working on the next big thing. I don't like that we lost those nice one off weekend/week events for a 2 to 5 week event stretched out over 3 to 4 months.

If there is anything that Riot Games done right* with League of Legends (I hate that game with a burning passion) it's the way they divide their teams. Live gameplay team works ONLY on stuff that needs attention now (bugs fixes, rapid balancing of outliers), Balance team works on, well, balance, Champion teams work on new characters, etc.

I could say a lot of bad about League, but not that they are bad at management.

*Ok, league's music team is literally godlike, but that's that.