Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STRENGTH TO THE ENEMY Enemy additions/concepts, 100+'s of units, weapons; lore and pictures [NEW: Fall Of Kronos update! 2 NEW Factions: Daemons and the Riven! Daemon units (14 new powerful enemies)! Riven units (17 incredibly strong enemies)!]

HugintheCrow

3 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Had a look at the gameplay sounds quite interesting but there is a problem. Do you remember me talking about enemy healing and citing kita raknoid. This enemy type effectively snowballs in power and resistance if can’t win the DPS race.

I know Kyta Raknoids, I consider them really solid enemies. Even if I still can 1-2shot them with my weapons. Their shield clearly tells weaker players: "you need to back off, because your gear isn't at the point you need it to be to fight them".

And Drones don't heal themselves, mind you, only their Modules recover hp.

Think of them as a hp bar with an armored suit made out of hp bars on top of it. You cannot touch the main hp directly, unless you destroy modules first. That's why I mentioned Eidolons. It's literally all about taking down a sub-hp (shield for eidos, modules for VSR). Except for VSR it's easier, cause dealing damage to modules will also damage their main health.

12 minutes ago, keikogi said:

DATA link

I fail to see the point of that mechanic, all it does is make players able to remove VSR's advantage and effectively nullifes the challenge they are meant to provide. This isn't like in warframe, where every single mechanic can be bypassed or sidestepped. It's not supposed to be.

If you can't win the dps race, you lose, and that's precisely the point. You are meant to lose if you allow a Drone to become too powerful. It's specifically on you that you didn't kill it faster.

All of this makes a natural soft cap for the VSR units' levels that can be tackled. While there are people who fought and won against level 9999 enemies in the game, it would be straight impossible to do this against VSR. They would come in with so many innate upgrades and such insane speed for every action, players would be barely able to see them. That is BY DESIGN.

In short: If you don't bring your best gear against VSR, and/or if you think you can go into a VSR mission to level your items, like you can with pretty much any mission in the game right now, you will die. 3 (or 5 if you have arcanes) times in a row.

I'm not playing Warframe here. I'm playing a game that will slaughter you for playing Warframe.

28 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I know Kyta Raknoids, I consider them really solid enemies. Even if I still can 1-2shot them with my weapons. Their shield clearly tells weaker players: "you need to back off, because your gear isn't at the point you need it to be to fight them".

And Drones don't heal themselves, mind you, only their Modules recover hp.

Think of them as a hp bar with an armored suit made out of hp bars on top of it. You cannot touch the main hp directly, unless you destroy modules first. That's why I mentioned Eidolons. It's literally all about taking down a sub-hp (shield for eidos, modules for VSR). Except for VSR it's easier, cause dealing damage to modules will also damage their main health.

I fail to see the point of that mechanic, all it does is make players able to remove VSR's advantage and effectively nullifes the challenge they are meant to provide. This isn't like in warframe, where every single mechanic can be bypassed or sidestepped. It's not supposed to be.

If you can't win the dps race, you lose, and that's precisely the point. You are meant to lose if you allow a Drone to become too powerful. It's specifically on you that you didn't kill it faster.

All of this makes a natural soft cap for the VSR units' levels that can be tackled. While there are people who fought and won against level 9999 enemies in the game, it would be straight impossible to do this against VSR. They would come in with so many innate upgrades and such insane speed for every action, players would be barely able to see them. That is BY DESIGN.

In short: If you don't bring your best gear against VSR, and/or if you think you can go into a VSR mission to level your items, like you can with pretty much any mission in the game right now, you will die. 3 (or 5 if you have arcanes) times in a row.

I'm not playing Warframe here. I'm playing a game that will slaughter you for playing Warframe.

well it would seem to me that doing that has appealed the loud minority screaming out for sustainable content or endgame

small housekeeping update:

I've decided to remove the Piercing stat from existence. Seeing as we'll get Heat as another anti-armour option, it feels redundant. Especially as Piercing also interacted with shields which need buffs not nerfs.

All weapons lost this stat, and the IS Trial Mod "Sanctum Slayer" now gives bonus Heavy Attack damage instead of Piercing.

Expect VSR units (and most likely weapons as well) dropping today.

Additionally, after I'm finished with Minds under the Dunes update, I'll take a break from full-on fanfiction and put my own twist or two on the Kuva Liches. If you didn't expect that, you don't know me well.

We've talked a little about ViSoRi lore and mechanics, but now it's time to see what their units really bring to the table.

VSR-ARES Drone Templates:

As mentioned before, these "Templates" are the most basic forms of the Drones you'll see in combat. Each of these will rapidly evolve over the course of the mission, and as time progresses, even newly spawned units may no longer come as the basic templates. Even the most simple forms carry randomized weaponry, so no unit will be the same.

Each Drone will have several symbols over their hp bar, so that you may know which weapon types and upgrades it has currently equipped.

Important note:

Since VSR units use their Armor type for Shields, their Shields are considered "armored" and will take reduced damage, based on their current pool.

Another important note: My updates to Corpus Shielding systems do NOT apply to the VSR units' shields, except for this part:

On 2019-07-14 at 2:27 AM, HugintheCrow said:

Toxin damage no longer bypasses shields entirely. Only 50% of the Toxin damage will bypass Shields and only 25% of the Toxin damage will bypass Protoshields

Viral damage now bypasses shields partially. 75% of the Viral damage bypasses Shields and 50% of Viral damage bypasses Protoshields.

BUT since VSR don't use neither "Shields" nor "Proto-shields", the exact formula is as follows:

Toxin bypasses 25% of VSR Shielding, Viral bypasses 50% of VSR Shielding.

Anyway, let's get to them:

ARES-SCOUT:

Spoiler

ares_scout_drone_by_huginthecrowda_ddfsz

Description:

These Baseline Drones were used for reconnaissance and stealth. As such, their Pilot-Minds had a preference for upgrades that would allow them to become harder to notice, or able to see those who try much of the same. At the base, they feature lowest armour in the VSR Drone arsenal, but recompensate it with greatest baseline speed. The Scouts are very flexible, being able to fill aggressive, frontline roles, or become the exact opposite: patient, stealthy snipers.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Drone Template: This unit may gain perks and abilities by upgrading itself during combat.

Innate: Recon Focus: This unit prefers Recon Upgrades.

Stats:

Faction: dd67ye5-16d5dadb-f1be-42da-ac01-696954e8

Tileset: Daedalia Planum, VSR Quantum Space

Weapons: ???

Abilities: ???

Base Damage: KNIGHT

Damage Scaling: BISHOP

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 600

Armor:

Quantum-Shifted Armor: 400

Shields:

Body Multipliers: Core: 2.5x

Base Affinity: 400

Base Level: 1

Codex Scans: 15

Mod Drops: N/A

Other Drops: ViSoRi Armor Fragments, Quantum Particles, Advanced Data

ARES-SECURITY:

Spoiler

ares_security_drone_by_huginthecrowda_dd

Description:

Security Drones were one of the most used Templates, as they not only offer great offensive power, but also strong defense. This naturally made their's Pilot-Minds focus on upgrades that allow their Drones to become incredibly hard to kill, while using powerful close range weaponry. Security Drones are very likely to be seen charging straight into melee.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Drone Template: This unit may gain perks and abilities by upgrading itself during combat.

Innate: Security Focus: This unit prefers Security Upgrades.

Stats:

Base Damage: BISHOP

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 800

Armor:

Quantum-Shifted Armor: 600

Shields:

Base Affinity: 600

ARES-ASSAULT:

Spoiler

ares_assault_drone_by_huginthecrowda_ddf

Description:

The Assault template was developed as means to directly challenge the Lunaryan forces. While this never happened, it was nevertheless tested and completed, and through the thousands of years, perfected. These frames have access to the heaviest and most powerful weapons of the VSR-ARES.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Assault Focus: This unit prefers Assault Upgrades.

Stats:

Base Damage: ROOK

Damage Scaling: ROOK

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 1000

Armor:

Shields:

Base Affinity: 700

Codex Scans: 5

Other Drops: ViSoRi Armor Fragments, Quantum Particles, Advanced Data, Shifting Matter

ARES-HEAVY_ASSAULT:

Spoiler

ares_heavy_assault_drone_by_huginthecrow

Description:

These super-heavy, powerful warmachines were reserved for only the best Pilot-Minds, and for a good reason. Even at baseline, defeating one of these mechanical monsters require a lot of effort. With the VSR ability to upgrade themselves however, this fight becomes nigh-unfair. It is paramount to focus these Drones down, before they become too powerful.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Stats:

Damage Scaling: QUEEN

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 1500

Armor:

Quantum-Shifted Armor: 800

Shields:

Base Affinity: 850

Other Drops: ViSoRi Armor Fragments, Quantum Particles, Advanced Data, Shifting Matter

ARES-GUNNER:

Spoiler

ares_gunner_drone_by_huginthecrowda_ddfy

Description:

Specifically created to provide even more firepower than the Assault templates, the Gunner was built with additional weapon slots on it's arms. This means they have the ability to carry 4 different guns, making them incredibly capable in combat. The design ended up less popular than the Assaults, but even then, it can be a fearsome foe for the unexpecting.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Stats:

Base Damage: QUEEN

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 800

Armor:

Shields:

Base Affinity: 650

ARES-FLAMER:

Spoiler

ares_flamer_drone_by_huginthecrowda_ddfy

Description:

The Flamer Template was created with the sole purpose of Infestation clean-up. It does it's job perfectly, though it's no slouch in other situations, either. The special weaponry it can carry is capable of burning anyone, after all.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Security Focus: This unit prefers Security Upgrades.

Innate: Flamer Weaponry: This unit's weapons deal bonus 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat damage, and cause Fire Hazards.

Stats:

Health:

Quantum-Bound Matter: 400

Armor:

Quantum-Shifted Armor: 300

Shields:

Base Affinity: 350

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

VSR-ARES Reinforcements 1:

It's time to get our hands on some of that exotic technology. As mentioned, VSR weapon Research Blueprints can be dropped via the Donovan's Challenge gamemode, and then researched in the newly available Quantum Lab.

Introducing: SCG11S Smart Particle Burst Weapon, TSVG256 Tri-Vector Energy Projector, LSG-45OT Linear Acceleration Disruptor Weapon, MARS-C Mass Accelerator, HAPR-QS Vector-Defense Particle Weapon, SPS9 Survival Pistol, ALSAR Linear Quantum Disruptor, SG1010-HARC Programmable Plasma Weapon, and last but not least, the ELF13 Linear Fusion Particle Scattering Ordnance Weapon.

As always, full stats will come later. DONE.

vsr_ares_reinforcements_1__part_1_by_hug

SCG11S:

Spoiler

Description: 

This diminutive, pistol-like weapon packs a powerful, plasma-infused punch. Firing a burst of exotic particles, it can obliterate targets in close range, while retaining the ability to engage at longer distances by modifying and focusing the payload into a small bomblet. This gun's prototype blueprints where found by the Corpus a long time ago and resulted in the creation of the Detron weapon.

Mechanics:

Innate: Exotic Burst: This weapon's damage confuses targets and disables ability usage for a short duration.

Charge: Boltshot: This weapon's primary fire can be charged to drastically decrease range, but also drastically increase it's damage. Uses up the entire mag.

Alt-fire: Boomshot: Press to fire a small bomblet with increased range and explosive effect.

Design notes:

Design highly inspired by Halo 4's Boltshot. Important to not confuse that with Halo 5's Boltshot. The name is short for "SCatterGun Small".

Stats:

Mastery: 14

Slot: Secondary

Type: Pistol

Trigger: Semi-Auto/Charge/Semi-Auto

Ammo: Battery

Noise: Alarming

Fire rate: 1.45 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 55

Magazine size: 10 rounds per mag

Max ammo: N/A

Reload time: 0.8s

Total Damage: 600.0

Pellets: 4 (150.0 per pellet)

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 600.0

Crit chance: 35%

Crit multiplier: 2.3x

Precision multiplier: 0.0x/0.0x

Status chance: 20% (per pellet)

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 20 m, Min damage at 30 m,  Min damage: 20%

Polarities: N/A

Manufacturing Requirements:

Blueprint obtainable in Donovan's Challenge.

Blueprint researchable in Dojo Quantum lab.

TCVG256:

Spoiler

Description: 

This weapon fires high-energy particles at insane speeds, allowing them to pierce through matter like it's nothing. Powerful quantum engine grants the ability to saturate the area with energy for a long time, even when shooting at full-auto. 

Mechanics:

Innate: Energy Projection: This weapon fires waves of energy that create a lingering damage and "Energy Saturation" effect.

Innate: Super Energize: Killing "Saturated" enemies causes them to explode, dealing damage to other enemies and granting energy to allies in the radius. Explosions may chain.

Innate: Triple Vector: This weapon fires three projectiles at the same time, this is not considered multishot.

Design notes:

Mostly a utility weapon, allows for some different energy acquiring (hose the room, then melee everything to death be inside the explosions for energy). The name comes from "TripleShotVectorGun".

Stats:

Mastery: 15

Trigger: Auto

Fire rate: 30 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 21.5

Magazine size: 300 rounds per mag

Reload time: 1.8 s

Total Damage: 22.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 18.0

18?cb=20140124221425 Blast: 4.0

Crit chance: 18%

Crit multiplier: 2.0x

Precision multiplier: 0.0x

Status chance: 27.5% (per pellet)

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 50 m, Min damage at 75 m,  Min damage: 25%

LSG-45OT:

Spoiler

Description: 

The LSG fires a concentrated Disruptor beam, causing the very matter of it's targets to exhibit exotic energy properties. What this ends up causing, is complete and utter disintegration. While the unstable Disruptor beam cannot be maintained for long, it is enough to "tag" several enemies for severe burns at least. This weapon is incredibly strong against Infested matter, as well as being incredibly inhumane against anything else.

Mechanics:

Innate: Disruptor Weapon: This weapon's damage cause a spontaneous explosion to occur on all of it's targets after a delay. This explosion deals increased damage the more damage the target takes before it happens. Enemies destroyed by this weapon disintegrate instantly.

Innate: Unstable Beam: This held weapon's beam can only be sustained for a short time before fizzling out.

Design notes:

If you've seen/used 1k Voices from Destiny 2, you kinda know how this weapon feels. The name is short for "LaSerGun OverTemperature".

Stats:

Slot: Primary

Type: Rifle

Trigger: Charge-Held

Range limit: 35 m

Fire rate: 15 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 100

Magazine size: 30 rounds per mag

Reload time: 0.9 s

Total Damage: 54.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 22.0

18?cb=20140124221426 Corrosive: 32.0

Crit chance: 45%

Crit multiplier: 2.2x

Precision multiplier: 1.75x/0.0x

Status chance: 9%

Damage falloff: N/A

MARS-C:

Spoiler

Description: 

The MARS-C, also known as "Marcie" or even "Mercy" by it's contemporaries, is a fully-automatic Mass Accelerator, which is similar in idea to a Railgun, except instead of firing an actual bullet, the MARS-C fires mass/energy itself. The main application of this technology was initially space combat, which speaks volumes about this gun's ability to destroy.

Mechanics:

Innate: Mass Accelerator: This weapon fires pure force, staggering even Heavy targets. This weapon deals more damage to armored and shielded targets.

Zoom: VSR Advanced Scope: This weapon's zoom-in features enemy identification system, damage/kill prediction, recoil control and aim assistance.

Design notes:

It was supposed to be burst at the beginning, but I thought full auto would be more fun. The name is short for: "MassAcceleratorRepeatingShot-Concentrated".

Stats:

Mastery: 16

Fire rate: 11.5 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 26 rounds per mag

Reload time: 1.2 s

Total Damage: 900.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 600.0

18?cb=20140124221425 Blast 300.0

Crit chance: 50%

Crit multiplier: 2.5x

Precision multiplier: 1.0x

Status chance: 0% but Guaranteed 18?cb=20150811174304 proc on-hit

HAPR-QS:

Spoiler

Description: 

This weapon was created when the Lunaryans first attacked Mars. As their mercenaries and ground forces had actual weapons, as opposed to Infested, the VSR forces required a gun that would help them defeat ranged opponents. The HAPR-QS became that gun. Featuring super fast firerate, superior accuracy and the ability to protect it's user from return fire by simply shooting down enemy ordnance as it is used, this weapon made the defence of Mars way easier.

Mechanics:

Innate: Fire Capacitor: This weapon rapidly gains Fire Rate and Accuracy as it is fired. Spread is also reduced by this effect.

Innate: Tap-Fire: This weapon can gain the benefits of any traits requiring full-auto fire without actually firing at full-auto.

Innate: Vector Defense System: This weapon automatically destroys enemy projectiles and hit-scan fire by using additional ammo while being fired.

Zoom: VSR Advanced Scope: This weapon's zoom-in features enemy identification system, damage/kill prediction, recoil control and aim assistance.

Design notes:

Initially it was supposed to be projecting a shield in front of the user, but a point defense system is cooler. Name is from: "HeavyAssaultParticleRifle QuantumShield".

Stats:

Slot: Heavy (Not an Archwing weapon)

Type: Heavy

Fire rate: 18.66/25.5 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 73

Magazine size: 550 rounds per mag

Reload time: 4.0 s

Total Damage: 60.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 60.0

Crit chance: 23%

Precision multiplier: 1.33x

Status chance: 28%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 100 m, Min damage at 200 m,  Min damage: 50%

vsr_ares_reinforcements_1__part_2_by_hug

SPS9:

Spoiler

Description: 

Initially used by non-digitalised VSR operatives, this weapon was converted into a Drone-compatible version after there were no longer any non-digitalised VSR operatives left. This accurate pistol fires a powerful plasma ball, able to rip holes even in heavy vehicular armor. Precision is key here, however, as accurate shots can deal devastating damage, while missing vital points is generally a poor idea.

Mechanics:

Innate: Precision Weapon: This weapon highlights enemy Weakspot locations when zoomed in.

Innate: Fourth Time's the Charm: Hitting 4 Precision hits in a short time returns 2 ammo to the magazine.

Design notes:

A marksman pistol for those who actually like to try, heh. Rewards accuracy with insane single target dps. Name comes from: "SurvivalPistolSmall". For added memes, this is a primary.

Stats:

Trigger: Semi-Auto

Fire rate: 1.66 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 8 rounds per mag

Reload time: 2.6 s

Total Damage: 680.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 680.0

Crit multiplier: 2.4x

Precision multiplier: 2.75x

Status chance: 20%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 300 m, Min damage at 400 m,  Min damage: 50%

ALSAR:

Spoiler

Description: 

The ALSAR is the primary marksman weapon of the VSR. With it's unique "Aim Lock" Technology, it is able to secure shots even in the most chaotic situations. Simply press the trigger when aiming at the target, then, as the weapon charges, the gun will follow it's victim, until it is ready to fire. Be sure to lock onto the target's weakpoints though. The primary mechanism of the ALSAR is a powerful Disruptor cannon, that forces disintegration of the target at the lowest possible level. This causes it's victims to be instantly removed from existence on death.

Mechanics:

Innate: Precision Weapon: This weapon deals double the normal Precision damage. This weapon deals half the normal damage on non-Precision hits. This passive doesn't activate on enemies lacking precision locations.

Innate: Disruptor Weapon: This weapon's damage cause a spontaneous explosion to occur on all of it's targets after a delay. This explosion deals increased damage the more damage the target takes before it happens. Enemies destroyed by this weapon disintegrate instantly.

Zoom: Aim Lock: This weapon's aim can be locked at the target.

Design notes:

The name is short for: "AimLockSuperiorAccuracyRifle".

Stats:

Trigger: Charge

Fire rate: 1.92 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 9 rounds per mag

Reload time: 1.7 s

Total Damage: 590.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 350.0

18?cb=20140124221426 Corrosive: 240.0

Crit chance: 47%

Precision multiplier: 2.5x/0.0x

Status chance: 40%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 400 m, Min damage at 600 m,  Min damage: 50%

SG1010-HARC:

Spoiler

Description: 

The VSR weaponry needs to be as ubiquitous as possible, as it is meant to be used by a variety of units in a variety of environments. This shotgun achieves that by using programmable plasma for it's ammo. The plasma shots can travel far without losing power, and only when they encounter the target, will they detonate into the shotgun-like spray, making distance not a problem for this supposedly short-range weapon. Skilled users can bounce the payload around to achieve ambush attacks, or simply strike from cover.

Mechanics:

Innate: Programmable Plasma Munitions: This weapon fires fully controllable plasma bolts, that detonate into a shotgun spread when right in front of enemies.

Innate: Plasma Burn: This weapon deals more damage to targets damaged by this weapon recently, up to a cap.

Design notes:

The name is short for: "ShotGun HeavyAssaultRangeControl".

Stats:

Type: Shotgun

Trigger: Semi-Auto/Held

Fire rate: 2.33 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 45

Magazine size: 24 rounds per mag

Reload time: 2.0 s

Total Damage: 940.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 940.0

Crit chance: 33%

Precision multiplier: 0.0x/0.0x

Status chance: 20%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 18 m, Min damage at 28 m,  Min damage: 25% (only applies to the shotgun burst)

ELF13:

Spoiler

Description: 

Many VSR experiments were paused due to the operation Silver Bullet, among those, a lot of weapon prototypes never to see mass production. The ELF13, affectionately nicknamed "Elfie", was one of them. But now that VSR-ARES is working again, Elfie has been mostly completed, and went into field-testing. This Linear Fusion Particle Scattering Ordnance Weapon, as it is officially named, delivers an incredibly powerful linear vector of exotic particles, piercing through matter like it's nothing. The properties of the particles fired cause them to scatter around and bounce uncontrollably, forcing the enemies into a deadly game of dodgeball against light-speed energy vectors. Firing this weapon in cramped spaces will effectively clear it out near-instantly.

Mechanics:

Innate: Dornröschen: This weapon fires multiple beams of energy, which pierce through all enemies and bounce off all terrain, several times. Each time a beam bounces, it will split into multiple beams with the same properties as the main beam. Can only be fired at full charge.

Innate: Disruptor Weapon: This weapon's damage cause a spontaneous explosion to occur on all of it's targets after a delay. This explosion deals increased damage the more damage the target takes before it happens. Enemies destroyed by this weapon disintegrate instantly.

Innate: Quad Vector: This weapon fires 4 projectiles at the same time, this is not considered multishot.

Innate: ARES Initiative: This weapon deals more damage to non-VSR Bosses.

Alt-fire: Scattershot: Toggle to fire the beams in a scattered formation, instead of focusing them in.

Design notes:

This weapon is essentially Sleeper Simulant on steroids. The name comes from: "ExperimentalLinearFusion".

Stats:

Mastery: 17

Trigger: Charge-Burst

Fire rate: 1.0 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 4 rounds per mag

Reload time: 1.4 s

Total Damage: 300.0

Burst count: 4 (1200.0 total damage)

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 200.0

18?cb=20140124221426 Corrosive: 100.0

Crit chance: 40%

Precision multiplier: 2.0x/0.0x

Status chance: 30%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 100 m, Min damage at 250 m,  Min damage: 50%

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
added full stats

Quantum Data Fragments:

As mentioned in the Donovan's Challenge update, you may obtain the Quantum Data Fragments in that activity. These Fragments serve to expand and explain more of the ViSoRi backstory (I'm sure you're curious why I keep spelling their name so weirdly).

Obviously, to understand anything here, you must remember the Minds under the Dunes Quest (duh). Each Fragment has 4 pieces, that need to be unlocked gradually as you scan them in the activity (just like the Ordis Data Fragments).

Anyway, let's get to these fragments:

ViSoRi Technology:

Spoiler

vsr_codex_5d.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_5c.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_5b.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_5a.jpg

"Thanks to the miraculous technology invented by this small team of scientist, the world as we knew it is now the thing of the past. Humanity is now ready to break right past the final frontier, space travel. Nobody believed them at first, but thanks to a generous donation from the VSR Triumvirate Corp, they were able to continue, and finish, their research."

Quantum power: Technology that allows to freely manipulate matter and energy at the lowest possible level.

---

"The Quantum power allows to bend the laws of physics, making direct and complex changes to matter, or energy, is as simple as writing code for a computer program. The language of this code has been already named Core-System by it's inventors. Prof. Isaev and Prof. ████ have assured me even people without great programming knowledge could easily pick up this language."

Quantum power: Technology that allows to program and embed code into the very nature of the universe.

---

"I present to you: Digitalisation. My greatest achievement. Escape physicality. Escape war and pain. Become pure stuff of thought."

Digitalisation: A fully reversible process, in which one's body becomes saved as a genetic template, while one's mind is connected to a remote server.

---

"D: Long term digitalisation may cause body-loss related mental issues. Do you have any way how to counter that?

S: Way ahead of you. Look at this...

D: What is it?

S: A Drone. Fully remote-controlled, artificial body. And as long as it remains inside a quantum field, indestructible. Now, imagine what would happen if one was to arm them..."

Drones: Quantum-material machines, remotely controlled by digitalised personnel, dubbed the "Pilot-Minds". Moving an extraneous mechanical body allows digitalised persons to retain mental health in their unnatural state of being.

Father Donovan:

Spoiler

WP_001284c.jpg

Spoiler

WP_001284b.jpg

Spoiler

WP_001284a.jpg

Spoiler

WP_001284.jpg

"I was a priest once. You''ve probably never heard the name of the religion I was a part of. Not that it matters, really. I lost my faith way before joining the VSR. But when I joined, my faith came back. This time, I believed in the humans that surrounded me, working for the better future of us all. And when they left, I stayed behind. I stayed, so that they could return."

Mission:

Spoiler

vsr_codex_4d.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_4c.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_4b.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_4a.jpg

"I am a Human. I am Artificial. And yet, I AM HUMAN.

My <name> is Mission. I have a <Mission>. My <Mission> is to control, administrate and rule. I am the ruler of Mars. Go against me, and I will destroy you."

VI:

Spoiler

vsr_codex_1d.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_1c.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_1b.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_1a.jpg

"Vincelli Security Solutions provide only the best in the Private Military Sector. I can assure you that my soldiers aren't just simple mercs, they are gods of war."

"Alessandra Vincelli, known as the Founder and CEO of Vincelli Security Solutions has just confirmed the creation of a new super-corp, named the ViSoRi Triumvirate."

"Immortality? This is where you fail. We humans cannot progress, cannot become better without dying. You're afraid you won't live to see that progress? Well, it's not for you to see. It's for the future ones."

SO:

Spoiler

vsr_codex_2d.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_2c.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_2b.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_2a.jpg

"Solberg Industries is the leading Infrastructure and Resource company. Build with us, build with our materials."

"Morten Solberg, known as the Founder and CEO of Solberg Industries has just confirmed the creation of a new super-corp, named the ViSoRi Triumvirate."

"I built the Human Civilisation anew: Mars, Ceres, even the moons of Saturn. I will not let some Moon-living Lunatics destroy it."

RI:

Spoiler

vsr_codex_3d.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_3c.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_3b.jpg

Spoiler

vsr_codex_3a.jpg

"Judgement Systems Inc. are the best Information Technology Corporation you'll ever find. We coded this world from zero, after all."

"Claudia Richter, known as the CEO of Judgement Systems Inc. has just confirmed the creation of a new super-corp, named the ViSoRi Triumvirate."

"Everything can be made into an equation. For example: VSR > Lunaryans."

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

VSR Characters: 

I recommend reading through the above "Data Fragments" before looking into this post.

Spoiler

Father Donovan:

Spoiler

father_donovan_by_huginthecrowda_ddft081

Once a priest of an old religion, this disenchanted man joined the newly rising New Colonisation Effort, a VSR initiative that sought to colonise all planets in the Solar System. While he was working there, he became good friends with the VSR Founders. After the war between the VSR and Lunaryans begun, he was digitalised, and when the Silver Bullet was launched, he alone stayed on Mars, to become an immortal guardian of the VSR legacy, and possibly the one to call the Serverships back, when the time shall be right. Now that the ViSoRi return is nigh, he begun to mobilize ARES Forces to prepare for that.

Mission:

Spoiler

dd6l631-524f1cbf-4e64-4a93-886b-f2661669

Not actually a natural human, Mission is the first truly human-like AI, or rather, the first artificial human. They don't recognise themselves as a gender-possessing being, so "they/them" are the proper pronouns to use. Mission's razor-sharp mind is focused on two goals only: To bring about the return of the VSR, and to make the world perfectly mechanized. As the first one was pretty much accomplished, they turned their attention to the second. And they will not be stopped. Their consciousness is practically fused to the very core of Mars at this point.

Alessandra Vincelli (deceased):

Spoiler

vsr_codex_1a.jpg

alessandra_vincelli_portrait_by_huginthe

alessandra_vincelli_full_body_by_huginth

One of the VSR Founders, and one third of the namesake (Vi), Alessandra was a no-nonsense, serious woman, focused on improving humanity as a whole. She was somewhat obsessed with the idea of achieving the state of near-perfection (as true perfection is naturally unobtainable). This put her at odds with the Lunaryan ideology, which claimed that perfection was actually achievable. Vincelli's corporation was a powerful PMC, from which most of the first digital soldiers of the VSR recruited. It was also her company's scientists that developed most of the VSR weaponry.

Morten Solberg (deceased):

Spoiler

vsr_codex_2a.jpg

morten_solberg_portrait_by_huginthecrowd

morten_solberg_full_body_by_huginthecrow

Morten was one of the VSR Founders, and the second third of it's namesake (So). Easily the most easy-going of the three, he was the social media person of the group, even though his expertise lied mostly in construction and resource procurement, as his company dealt with those exact things. Called by many "the Architect of the Revolution", his contributions made many of the first off-Earth colonies possible. Ironically, it was his company that funded the colony that would become the Lunaryans and then, way later, the Orokin.

Claudia Richter (deceased):

Spoiler

vsr_codex_3a.jpg

claudia_richter_portrait_by_huginthecrow

claudia_richter_full_body_by_huginthecro

Claudia Richter was one of the VSR Founders, and the last third of it's namesake (Ri). She was a very anti-technology person, kind of weird for a hacker prodigy. It was the rumour that she acquired her company by hacking into it's servers, the blackmailing the former owners into submission. Don't think she was evil though. Those guys had huge ties with mafia. Claudia's strong sense of justice was what motivated her every move. It was so strong, that it made her quite a few enemies in fact, as evidenced by the "accident" where she nearly died, and lost the ability to walk forever. While the injuries could be treated, she refused to be subjected to a high-tech procedure, due to her phobia. When the war against the Lunaryans begun, she opposed the digitalisation for the longest, but finally had to give in. Surprisingly, she became enamoured with the system and was one of the small group of people who didn't feel any negative effects of the technology. Nevertheless, she became a fearsome warrior, piloting all sorts of prototype Drones during the conflict.

Back to the Main Post

Our world is not the only one, it is one out of a miriad. But we cannot pierce the veil, we cannot walk those worlds like we walk ours. For there is a realm above, the final barrier.

It is to the Void, what the Void is to our reality. The kingdom of madness and chaos, It is incomprehensible to simpler minds... I studied It for millennia.

Some call It the Underworld, Hell, Hades. Others: The Unnameable, The Perfection, The End. Some named It the Ascendant Realm...

I... I call It... 

The Riven.

ddju5rs-46434c14-a1a9-4ad1-a2aa-f1c6b3bc

What makes us "human"?

This question has had many answers over the millennia of civilisation. Most focus on our intellect, the famed ability to use "tools". Some turn to religion, giving us, humans, the divine-assigned right. Then there are those who talk about compassion, empathy, the social feelings that bind beyond bloodline.

Let me respectfully disagree.

It is the power of "will" that makes us human. The neverending pursuit of control, over ourselves, over others, over the nature, over the reality itself.

In a way, this makes them more human than we'll ever be.

---

These beings, so obsessed with the notion of control that they unchained themselves even from causality, they are "human".

And yet, my "human" reasoning cannot call them that, for I am jealous. Their very existence questions the point of mine. Why? How?

To be "human" is to be the pinnacle. But I cannot honestly call myself the pinnacle, when I stand in their shadow, blind, as their darkness denies sight. Mindless, as their power denies understanding.

---

There is a hope for me, however. I have a choice to make. I could submit, lose my crown, and become not-"human"... Or, I could deny the reality, as they did, and call them monsters.

For a monster, a beast, can never surpass a human. And that would make me safe, from my fears, jealousy... and from their Talon-Knives, ever WishRending.

Their power, their greed... There is no other name that would fit them more than this... Let them be named "Dragons".

ddju5rs-46434c14-a1a9-4ad1-a2aa-f1c6b3bc

Edited by HugintheCrow

As I did with the Corpus Divided update, in order to make sure everything is easier to understand, here is a cheatsheet containing all the relevant terminology, as well as the changes to the canon story I made or will make with the upcoming update:

Relevant Reading:

REGICIDE I: DEPTHS

REGICIDE II: DEATH

REGICIDE III: RE-BIRTH

Grineer Week 7: Grineer, counterattack!

The World Above

Let Them be Named

Glossary:

Ourworld: The universe in which you live, and have been born. For the purposes of this thread, Ourworld refers to the world of Warframe, the game, not the actual reality we, players live in.

Otherworld: Any universe that isn't the Ourworld.

Walking the Veil: Moving between Worlds.

Lore Changes:

Status of the Twin Queens of the Grineer:

Official DE Canon: Elder Queen is ???, most likely in a state of half-death. Worm Queen collects Kuva to revive her (?) and administrates the empire on her own.

My changes: Elder Queen truly dies during REGICIDE story arc, Worm Queen becomes the WYRM QUEEN, regaining her original body and gaining the mysterious power of Riving, when the Queen-Shielder (Otherworld Teshin) brings her the essence of thousands murdered Otherworld Queens. From now on, the empire answers to the Lone Queen.

Multiverse Theory:

Official DE Canon: The Void may or may not be a different world altogether, or simply just another plane of existence, Duviri is ???.

My changes: Multiverse is confirmed the moment REGICIDE ends. Queen-Shielder (Otherworld Teshin) is the first known person to visit the Ourworld from the outside. Gaia Drull, the Triumphant Queen soon follows.

Riven:

Official DE Canon: Powerful mods acquired from certain activities, regarded as masterpieces by their creator, Samodeus.

My changes: A mysterious power and, according to Samodeus' writings, a completely different dimension, standing above all others, as a sort of barrier/veil.

Samodeus:

Official DE Canon: A cephalon, the creator of mods. That's literally it.

My changes: A reclusive, mysterious scientist from the Old Earth era (before the Orokin). Was a member of the team that invented Quantum power, and was the one who created the digitalisation process. For some reason, he did not escape the system with the rest of VSR.

Gaia Drull:

Official DE Canon: Doesn't exist.

My changes: The Triumphant Queen is the leader of Otherworld Grineer Empire, which spans the entire universe, after destroying all opposition. Bored with the eternal peace she created, Gaia walked the veil to the Ourworld, seeking the thrill of an eternal war. A powerful Riven user, aims to teach the Wyrm Queen the secrets of this ability.

Teshin Queen-Shielder:

Official DE Canon: Doesn't exist.

My changes: The Queen-Shielder was an Otherworld doppelganger of Teshin, who vowed to protect the Twins that would become the Grineer Queens (as there is an infinite amount of universes, there is an infinite subset of them where both Teshin and the Twins existed). He failed to keep his promise, however, due to some unknown fate disturbance. This led him to give all the souls of the murdered Queens to Ourworld Worm Queen, which killed him, but made here into the WYRM QUEEN.

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

ddjvivi-e67626ff-1216-4b98-b74a-19c40f31

update theme:

Spoiler

The New Blood:

Introduction:

After DE dropped the Old Blood, I rushed to check out the Kuva Lich system. I found it to be inadequate, to say the least. This somewhat on-the-whim update will focus on completely reworking pretty much every aspect of this gamemode.

The Changes:

This is gonna be a tl;dr of sorts, I'll go through features and issues of the Kuva Liches and how I plan on adressing/changing them. I'll follow this post with details on all of these features and issues.

Lore continuity:

In game: Not actually clearly explained (like most events), most likely right after the War Within, as that's what unlocks them.

My changes: After the Regicide. This moves the unlock condition way further, to MR 10.

Reasoning: MR 5 players that complete War Within are highly likely to be unable to engage with the Lich system, due to it's innate "suddenly, the entire map is level 100+ missions" factor. If we call this some sort of endgame/high-end content, it needs to be locked behind a high-end requirement.

Spawning the Lich:

In game: Random spawn Larvling executed with the Parazon.

My changes: Completing the Kuva Torrent mission.

Reasoning: The Kuva Lich system already doesn't incentivize players to engage with it due to it's (lack of) rewards, now that it's optional, I assume a lot of players will simply ignore it completely (or trade for all it's weapons and items to bypass it). By attaching the system more into the Riven/Kuva farming dynamic, I achieve the much needed desirability to engage in this content. Not to mention, I also make it truly "high-end" by providing incentives for high-end players, not just MR farmers.

Kuva weapons:

In game: Acquired after killing the Lich.

My changes: Acquired by Kuva-Corrupting normal variants. This adds Chakkhurr, Ayanga, Shildeg, Twin Stubba and the Bramma (as well as any new weapons that may appear in the future) as normal weapons into the game.

Reasoning: Weapons are not a reasonable "main reward" when you can obtain a weapon by simply going into the Market menu and buying a blueprint to build. No quirks will change that. If we take the Kuva weapons away, the Lich system is completely irrelevant and empty. If we make them a "side reward" and add additional wealth of high-end value to taking out Liches, then we will make the system worthwhile.

Lich Territory:

In game: Randomly appears on the Star chart, expands on Rank up, and on clearing all Territory, subject to "Tax" mechanic. Appears as alternate mission type, similar to Nightmare mode, Void Fissures, etc.

My changes: Initially spawns on the planet where the Lich was created (via the Kuva Torrent mission), expands on it's own to nearby Planets. Not a node-mutator, but instead it's own node entirely. Completing this mission will not remove it, and does not incur any "Tax".

Reasoning: Engaging in basic missions to fight the Lich is boring for the high-end player. And since these aren't base nodes, this doesn't even help to populate the normally less-played nodes. Not to mention it feels decidedly less "epic" to fight Liches in normal environments instead of some special arena or Lich's own castle/ship/etc. Placing the Lich gameplay outside of the normal Starchart nodes allows it to be more focused on the actual Lich. Mission "Tax" makes no sense. Instead it should come from being defeated by the Lich.

Lich Ranks:

In game: The ranking system is irrelevant, outside of making Territory nodes higher level, which is counterproductive and extremely dangerous for lower-end players (as they simply cannot deal with the sudden hp-wall spike), while mostly a non-factor for higher-end ones (If I can oneshot enemies lower than 200, then what difference is 50 -> 110?).

My changes: The ranking system influences rewards. Higher Ranked Liches will grant more efficient progress into the reward systems of this content. With the ability to custom-tailor Liches, allows the player to deliberately make things harder for themselves, to greatly increase reward value.

Reasoning: Self-Explanatory. Makes ranks relevant.

Requiem:

In game: Mods acquirable through Requiem Fissures, Murmurs acquirable through Lich Thralls. Getting the combo wrong (or not having it) results in a cheap death.

My changes:  Requiem Fissures and relics removed from the game. Requiem Codes needed to defeat the Lich acquired from a bevy of different sources, allowing the players to focus on their favourite gamemodes and earn the Codes passively as they play. Requiem Murmur acuired by actively fighting the Lich. You do NOT die if you get the combination wrong (or have none), instead the Lich dies a half-death, making them retain their Rank and power. The Liches gain the ability to Execute downed players, this will allow them to increase their Rank and power.

Reasoning: Filler Grind without any greater reason to exist needs to be culled, no discussion here. Especially when the main way you fight Liches is completely disjointed from the Liches themselves. The solution is simple: make fighting the Lich the way to defeat them.

Rewards:

In game: A Kuva weapon + regain what was stolen

My changes: Kuva, Kuva Corruptor, Kuva Effigy Mods, Riven Mods, Riven Curses (you'll see later) + regain what was stolen*Lich Rank multiplier

Reasoning: Increased, high-end rewards create the incentive for players to play this content, or to strive to become able to play it. By incentivizing endgame, you incentivize the entire game.

Custom Liches:

In game: Doesn't exist, Liches are fully random.

My changes: Defeating Liches allows the player to use their perks, abilities and features to create new Liches for themselves, making this system fully player-influenced. You may make an easy pushover for safe gameplay, or create a stupidly powerful monster to challenge yourself, rewards increased for the challenging ones.

Reasoning: Player-Driven gameplay is the best way to ensure longevity and sustainability of content. That's a fact.

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 2

How to make a Lich: Kuva Torrents:

This special mission type is vital to creating Kuva Liches. It will periodically become available on a random node on a Non-Grineer-Controlled Planet closest to the Kuva Fortress' current position.

While Kuva Siphons and Floods are merely bonus objectives inside a normal mission, the Kuva Torrent completely overrides the normal objectives. This mission's primary reason to exist is to create Liches, after all. It is a level 80-100 mission, just like the Floods.

Mission flow:

1. Locate the Kuva Harvester.

2. Activate it by moving close.

3. OPTIONAL: Use the Kuva Effigy to force a custom-tailored Lich to be spawned for you.

4. Defend the Harvester from the resident enemy forces as it siphons Kuva from the environment.

5. When the Harvester is done, you will obtain Kuva (amount equal to a Kuva Flood) and your Lich will reveal themselves to you upon returning to the Orbiter.

What's in a Lich: Their equipment and powers:

When it comes to their equipment, Liches can use any Grineer weapons and have a loadout similar to a Tenno: a primary, a secondary and a melee weapon. Some Liches may even bring heavy Archwing weapons to combat. Aside from their weapons, Each Lich comes with a set of 4 powers, and if their creator-Tenno has acquired that ability, the Riven Mode as well. Liches can also have quirks that affect their abilities or behaviour, some may be beneficial to the Lich themselves, some may prove to be exploitable to defeat them more easily.

Liches rarely hunt alone (altough some do), and will generally appear with a retinue of elite units.

Additionally, Liches gain special benefits when ranking up:

Rank 1: Base Rank, no bonuses;

Rank 2: Additional Elemental Resistance;

Rank 3: Additional Elemental Resistance OR Immunity, Increased Retinue size;

Rank 4: Increased Retinue size;

Rank 5: Lich's abilities mutate, gaining additional effects;

Rank 6: Loss of one Elemental Weakness;

Rank 7: Increased Retinue size;

Rank 8: Additional Elemental Immunity;

Rank 9: Lich gains Void Mode and ability to ignore Void Mode;

Rank 10: Lich becomes permamently Riven (becoming impossible to defeat without Riven Mode), Immunity to Shadowshot Banish;

Certain Effigy Mods can be used to modify the loadout, abilities and the quirks of the Lich.

Reminder: You do not obtain a weapon held by the Lich by defeating them, you get an item that allows you to convert any Grineer weapon of your choosing into a Kuva version.

When fighting the Lich one of these scenarios will happen:

1. You had the correct Code and defeated the Lich: The Lich can now be Vanquished or Converted. This will affect the rewards.

2. You did not have the correct Code but you defeated the Lich: The Lich dies a half-death and is banished from the mission, but not the world. You may choose to grant them a Teaching Death, which will Rank them up, even though they lost the fight.

2a. You did not have any Requiem Codes equipped: Nothing else happens.

2b. You had incorrect Requiem Codes equipped: The Lich gains Rage (more on that below), the amount of it will increase for each time you get the Code wrong.

3. You failed to defeat the Lich and they bested you: The Lich increases their Rank by 1 and instantly gains a new base on the Planet nearby. The mission you are in and several next ones (based on the Rank of the Lich) will be Taxed. Taxed items can be regained by truly defeating the Lich (and will be subject to a multiplier based on the Lich's Rank).

4. You ignored the Lich and ran away: The Lich gains Rage, and will instantly gain 2 Ranks if scenario 3 (above) occurs while they have Rage.

How to fight a Lich: Lich Combat:

Upon becoming created, the Lich will claim a base of operations on the Planet of it's birth and begin assaulting the inhabitants for resources and slave workforce. Being an immortal, it won't take them long to terrorize the vicinity and soon they will look beyond a single Planet.

At the beginning however, Tenno will find it rather simple to find and attack their Lich, as they only have a single base, located on the Planet they came to un-life.

When assaulting the Lich's base, it is incredibly likely you will encounter your Lich (makes sense, doesn't it?).

But that's not the only place where you can find them.

Where to find Liches:

1. Lich Territorial Missions: Any of their bases has a sizeable chance for them to be there.

2. Kuva Siphon Missions, especially on Planets where Lich has their bases (Floods and Torrents too).

3. Boss nodes on the Planets where the Lich has a base can be chosen to instead engage the Lich's Thrall, a powerful underling with special abilities (essentially a mini-lich, without the immortality part).

Kuva Lich Bases:

As mentioned, Liches build up headquarters on Planets. These bases can be accessed as new nodes on their respective Planets, from the Starchart. This will initiate a mission, where you attempt to infiltrate the Lich's camp and extract information that will allow to kill them for good. These Missions may be affected by the Lich's quirks or be modified in other ways.

Certain Effigy Mods can affect the bases and how their missions work.

You may approach these as as Full-Stealth missions: Sneak through the base, find and scan Kuva Traces that spawn in there, and get out. Each scan will grant sizeable progress towards uncovering the weakness of the Lich. Being detected will cause the stealth variant to fail and force the player into the second version of the mission.

OR

You can run in, guns blazing: This will wake the Kuva Phantoms that will spawn from the Kuva Traces that you would be otherwise scanning. Defeat these monsters and you will gain progress towards uncovering the weakness of the Lich. This variant has lower efficiency than the stealth version.

After clearing this mission, it will become unavailable for a short time, as the Lich needs to rebuild what was lost to your attack.

The higher the Lich's Rank, the more bases they can hold, allowing players that accept the higher challenge to kill Liches faster (as they have a deeper mission pool to progress the Requiem Code).

Kuva Siphons:

Any Kuva Siphon mission not only gives you a chance to meet your Lich (especially if it's on a Planet they have a base on), but also give progress towards uncovering the Lich's weakness (regardless of their appearance in the mission).

Boss Nodes:

You may challenge the Lich's Thralls, which they will accept without hesitation. Know however, that you cannot run away from such duel. This is a battle until one side dies, even if only temporarily. Defeating the Thrall in the challenge will give some progress towards uncovering their weakness. Defeating the Thrall in a duel temporarily blocks the ability to duel them again. The more bases the Lich holds, the more boss nodes (and consequently Thralls and duel opportunities) there are available at any point.

Certain Effigy Mods can affect the way these duels work.

Speaking of those weaknesses:

How to defeat a Lich: Requiem Codes:

Liches are immortal, and can only be temporarily defeated. To truly end them, one must learn their "kill-code", the Requiem Code Sequence.

Requiem Codes are obtainable from a bevy of different activities, allowing you to focus on your favourite gamemodes and acquire them passively as a bonus to the regular loot. The Requiem Codes are meant to be dropping like candy, as you want to "defile" (use up all charges) as many as possible. (See the Custom Lich section for the reason why).

Where to obtain Requiem Codes:

1. Kuva Siphons grant one Requiem Code on completion (guaranteed), Floods grant 2 whole Codes.

2. Arbitration Drones can drop Requiem Codes, in addition to the Vitus Essence (these 2 drops don't interfere with each other).

3. Any Kuva Fortress mission has a high chance of rewarding a Requiem Code on completion, and additionally, every 2 Kuva Harvesters in Kuva Survival are a guaranteed Requiem Code! If that's not enough, Kuva Fortress tiles have a chance to spawn a unique Alchemical Trace resource node, which drops a Requiem Code upon being destroyed.

4. Martian Tombs can contain Requiem Codes in their Reward Chests. Orokin Wreckage on Titan's Surface can contain Requiem Codes in their Reward Chests.

Upon collecting the Codes, you will be able to slot them into your Parazon, and try to discover which sequence is needed to dispatch of your Lich.

As mentioned before, the Lich gains Rage for each bruteforcing attempt. This Rage eventually causes them to become unstable, making them much stronger and eventually simply making them completely invincible until they get to kill you. If you die to an Enraged Lich, their Rage will reset. Certain Effigy modifiers may change the way Rage behaves.

What you get for defeating a Lich: The rewards:

First and foremost: The Kuva Corruptor. This one-use item allows you to corrupt a chosen Grineer weapon to transform it into a Kuva-Variant one. EVERY SINGLE* Grineer weapon can be subjected to this. As mentioned before, Chakkhurr, Ayanga, Shildeg, Twin Stubba and the Bramma (as well as any new weapons that may appear in the future) are now normal weapons, obtainable in the Dojo Chem Lab.

*Except for Trial weapons, as these are subject to the Prestige system.

But that's not all. Players will obtain Riven mods in an amount equal to the Lich's Rank/2 (in cases of halves, you get the benefit of the amount being raised to the next whole number, e.g. Rank 3, 3/2 =1.5, so 2 Rivens). Riven Curses will also be given (more on this specific item in a later update).

Additionally, a large amount of Kuva is given, all Taxed items returned, and both Kuva and the returns are multiplied by the Lich's Rank, straight up, no divisions involved. The Lich also passively accumulates resources from Planets with bases on them. These resources are also given to the player, and are increased by the Rank multiplier as well.

As a bonus for those who love lore, defeating Liches grants new Kuva-Corrupted Data Fragments (which you'll be able to read in this thread, soontm).

The Kuva and resources are obtained by your teammates as well.

If the Lich has been Vanquished: You will obtain bonus Riven Curses and a bonus random Effigy Mod unrelated to that Lich.

If the Lich has been Converted: You will obtain the Lich as a Follower, which makes them available to be called for help in certain scenarios.

And finally, the Kuva Effigy Mods.

Making your Own Lich: Custom Liches, Kuva Effigy and Its Mods:

After defeating your very first Lich, you will get the following message, and the Kuva Effigy itself, which will allow you to begin the process of making your own, custom-tailored Liches.

Ordis: Operator, you have a message. It's REALLY well-encrypted. Huh.

Spoiler

My Dearest Murderer,

You enjoyed that fight, didn't you? You enjoyed killing that poor little creature?

I sure enjoyed watching you do it. And I have good news, both for you, and me: soon, you'll have plenty more targets to kill.

Have this Effigy, it is imbued with a spark of my power, and will allow you to have even more fun, fighting whatever you'll desire.

Continue killing, and you'll be able to conjure enemies of all kinds, ripe for you to murder all the same. Doesn't that sound like great fun?

I know you'll just love it. And I'll love it too.

I hope to see more of your fighting prowess soon.

Love and Kisses,

Killer Queen

The Effigy can be upgraded with Effigy Mods, acquirable from defeating Liches, guaranteed.

Additionally, you can transmute 3 Defiled (used up) Requiem Codes to obtain a new Effigy Mod, guaranteed to be one you didn't have before! This is a great way to fill up your collection!

e.g. A Lich you defeated had a weakness to Heat, an ability to create plasma pillars and was afraid of Kubrows. You obtain mods with these specific modifiers. These can now be applied to the Kuva Effigy, to force the next spawned Lich to have those exact traits. You can literally apply all possible mods to a single Lich if you really want and actually have all the mods. In fact, the game should probably give you an achievement for that, lol.

Custom-made Lich "recipes" can be given to other players, if they agree to it. You can challenge your clanmates to who can beat a specific Lich the fastest or something.

Oh, and don't worry, these mods don't expire, once you got them, they stay in your inventory forever.

Happy hunting.

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

Now, you probably thought I'm done messing with this update, right?

No, I'm not.

Now that Liches are reworked, it's time for the Kuva weapons.

The "lul, 40 lelvluls and lul% elulmentlul dumbage" is not good enough for yours truly. Prepare for the Kuva Alchemy!

Edited by HugintheCrow

Kuva Alchemy:

Kuva Alchemy was a discipline known only to the upper echelon of the Orokin, and so it was forgotten after they were destroyed. However, this happened in the Ourworld. Back in her Realm, Gaia Drull, the Triumphant Queen became a master of this arcane art way before she even dabbled with the Riven. And now, she has given the gift of knowledge to the Wyrm Queen, and some chosen Grineer Nobles.

And so this forgotten lore is practiced once again...

The Alchemists:

Gaia Drull:

Spoiler

gaia_drull_portrait_by_huginthecrowda_dd

gaia_drull_full_body_by_huginthecrowda_d

Finally, we get to introduce her for real. Gaia Drull, The Queen Triumphant , The Absolute Conqueress, The Evermaiden, The Bane of Torment, The Fate-Forgotten... The Killer Queen. Her powers are even greater than the amount of titles she bears. Being the only known Grineer Queen to avoid the BAD END Fate Disturbance that caused all other Queens to die, she is the pinnacle of strength. She has conquered many worlds and instated a brutal and unyielding regime. And she is extremely bored... Our universe seems so interesting though, perhaps this never-ending conflict may satiate her lust for blood and death?

Magis Trekt:

Spoiler

magis_trekt_portrait__redesign__by_hugin

magis_trekt_full_body__redesign__by_hugi

Magis Trekt is the only person Gaia took with her on the journey to Ourworld. This Ascendant Grineer Lady is an expert on Kuva Alchemy and the matters of Riven. She is now the personal teacher of the Wyrm Queen.

Zek Sakra:

Spoiler

zek_sakra_portrait__redesign__by_huginth

zek_sakra_full_body__redesign__by_hugint

Zek is a reclusive, asocial genius, who refuses to work unless she is given the orders by the only person she likes, Sahra Regor. It is pretty evident this feeling is pretty strong, as Zek attempted to make herself look quite similar to Sahra. Regardless of her emotional stability, Sakra is amazing at creating exotic weaponry and items (one example being the Sabra).

Sahra Regor:

You know her well already.

Klora Vann:

Spoiler

klora_vann_portrait_by_huginthecrowda_dd

klora_vann_full_body_by_huginthecrowda_d

Klora Vann is often called the Grineer Mother, as she is the one who conceived the new and improved cloning technologies used even today. Her work in the field of genetics has made her frequently cooperate with Tyl Regor, Frud Tengus and even the reclusive Trecha Krall.

Sange Vann:

Spoiler

sange_vann_portrait_by_huginthecrowda_dc

sange_vann_full_body_by_huginthecrowda_d

Sange is a nearly 1 to 1 clone of Klora Vann, with the one big difference being that he is male. He was created to be a handy assistant (or even the subject) during experiments, but his intellect came to be pretty much equal to Klora, so using him for menial tasks would be a waste. Since then, he has become a scientist of his own, although his potential is diminished by his chronic pain, which he tries to fix by abusing the Synthula drug.

Bwott M'Dakk:

Spoiler

bwott_m_dakk_portrait_by_huginthecrowda_

bwott_m_dakk_full_body_by_huginthecrowda

The incredibly extravagant Bwott M'dakk is one of the top secret circle of the Kuva Alchemists. His esoteric armour allows him to break rules of reality and control impossible powers, which he employs in his research. It wouldn't be far off to say he's one of the highest positioned males in the entire Empire.

The Alchemical Table:

Introduction:

The Alchemical Table is a new Orbiter segment, which allows to use the Kuva Corruptor items (obtainable by defeating Liches) to enhance Grineer-made* weaponry. It is located in a new room, accessed via a newly-installed lift behind the Arsenal and in front of the Operator room.

111Artboard_1.png

*Corpus, Infested and others' weapons will have their own different mechanics introduced in the future.

Unlocking:

The Table is unlocked as soon as the player defeats their first Lich.

Mechanics:

First of all, let's take a look at what in-game Kuva weapons have over their normal versions:

• better stats across the board,
  • bonus base elemental damage,
  • boosted maximum level of 40;

In this concept, the Kuva-Corrupted weapons have none of that, instead, you are allowed to install a single UNDYING upgrade onto the chosen weapon. This can be respecced at any time. Different Upgrades fit onto different weapons (e.g. You can't put an upgrade that changes the weapon to full-auto on a weapon that already IS full-auto.)

Here's a list of UNDYING Upgrades (it will be expanded anytime I have more ideas):

Spoiler

UNDYING FURY:

Restrictions: Primary and Secondary weapons. Weapon is Semi-Auto, Burst, Charge or Duplex

Effect: Semi-Auto weapons become Full-Auto, Burst weapons become Burst-Auto, Charge weapons become Charge-Auto, Duplex weapons become Full-Auto. Weapon gains +25% base Fire rate and the Fire Capacitor Innate perk (Innate: Fire Capacitor: This weapon rapidly gains Fire Rate and Accuracy as it is fired.).

UNDYING DEVASTATION:

Restrictions: None

Effect: Weapon loses 50% of it's base Status chance, and gains base Critical chance equal to 200% of lost Status chance (e.g. weapon has 20% status chance and 15% critical chance, after this upgrade, it will have 10% status chance and 35% critical chance).

UNDYING AFFLICTION:

Effect: Weapon loses 50% of it's base Critical chance, and gains base Status chance equal to 200% of lost Critical chance (e.g. weapon has 15% status chance and 20% critical chance, after this upgrade, it will have 35% status chance and 10% critical chance).

UNDYING RETRIBUTION:

Effect: Taking health damage grants up to +100% bonus base damage and 50% bonus base critical chance and base status chance to this weapon for 10 seconds.

UNDYING ASSIMILATION:

Restrictions: Weapon has radial damage (explosive)

Effect: This weapon no longer deals self-damage, and being inside it's detonation radius heals the user for 10% of damage dealt to enemies by this explosion.

UNDYING MADNESS:

Effect: Killing enemies with any weapon increases this weapon's base damage by 50% and causes all hits with this weapon to be considered precision hits for 3 seconds. Decreases precision damage modifiers by 25%.

UNDYING SACRILEGE:

Effect: Causes this weapon to become able to partially bypass Kuva-Immunity, and allows it to deal damage to Kuva Flasks and Kuva Clouds. Grants 10% Lifesteal.

UNDYING SERVITUDE:

Effect: Killing enemies with this weapon creates a short-lived specter of the killed unit, fighting for the player. Killing low-tier units increases damage dealt to elite units by up to 100% for 15 seconds.

UNDYING REDEMPTION:

Restrictions: Secondary weapons

Effect: This weapon can now grant revive progress by killing enemies when downed. Ensures the player is downed even when playing Solo (does NOT protect from insta-kill effects).

UNDYING BLOODTHIRST:

Restrictions: Melee weapons

Effect: Killing enemies reveals nearby enemies. Stealth kills force nearby units to fall asleep and reset their alertness. Stealth attacks always kill normal units.

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

New Blood update:

I reevaluated the Requiem Mods, and decided to put them back into existence. However, Requiem Relics still don't exist anymore. Here is how you get the Mods/Codes:

On 2019-11-08 at 3:25 AM, HugintheCrow said:

Requiem Codes are obtainable from a bevy of different activities, allowing you to focus on your favourite gamemodes and acquire them passively as a bonus o the regular loot. The Requiem Codes are meant to be dropping like candy, as you want to "defile" (use up all charges) as many as possible. (See the Custom Lich section for the reason why).

Where to obtain Requiem Codes:

1. Kuva Siphons grant one Requiem Code on completion (guaranteed), Floods grant 2 whole Codes.

2. Arbitration Drones can drop Requiem Codes, in addition to the Vitus Essence (these 2 drops don't interfere with each other).

3. Any Kuva Fortress mission has a high chance of rewarding a Requiem Code on completion, and additionally, every 2 Kuva Harvesters in Kuva Survival are a guaranteed Requiem Code! If that's not enough, Kuva Fortress tiles have a chance to spawn a unique Alchemical Trace resource node, which drops a Requiem Code upon being destroyed.

4. Martian Tombs can contain Requiem Codes in their Reward Chests.

And here is what you can do with them after they are used up:

On 2019-11-08 at 3:25 AM, HugintheCrow said:

Additionally, you can transmute 3 Defiled (used up) Requiem Codes to obtain a new Effigy Mod, guaranteed to be one you didn't have before! This is a great way to fill up your collection!

Kuva-Corrupted Data Fragments (aka Kuva Lich lore):

First, let me remind you that you can obtain these by simply defeating Liches.

Second, you can also read them here, duh.

Each Fragment has a text portion in the codex, as well as a hidden voice recording (just like the Ordis' Cephalon Fragments).

"Her Appearance":

Spoiler

Text:

Her mere presence commands immense respect from inferiors. Even the Wyrm Queen had to fight off an instict to kneel before her for some days after Gaia's arrival. This giantess required the Inner Sanctum to be rebuilt, for her sheer size disallowed her from moving around. Even without the mechanical throne-tail, Gaia Drull towers over nearly everyone in the Fortress. And these Leg-Blades, what are they made out of? It's as if they exude a distinct aura of complete, overpowering strength, separate from the Triumphant Queen's.

Voice:

Sud Gam, Kuva Fortress Overseer General: "I'll admit, remaking the entirety of the Fortress just to let her slither around took us less than I expected. I feel like she made us faster, somehow. Anyway, no matter who she actually is, or how she appeared here, I'm glad. I saw the Queen the other day. She seemed determined, and stronger. Way better than right after the Elder Queen's death. And that makes me feel stronger too, it makes me feel as if the whole Empire is stronger. And for that, I'll go to the deepest parts of hell if Gaia asks me to."

"She Rives":

Spoiler

the_wyrm_queen_riven_mode_by_huginthecro

Text:

The simple truth is that the reality we live in is controlled by those who are considered [strong]. Most creatures fear [strength], and the difficulty of obtaining it, and wallow in their [weakness]. But if one was to consider herself a [Queen], being [weak] is unforgivable. You must rise to the [pinnacle of strength], my dear. Only then will you deserve the Empire of your dreams.

Voice:

Wyrm Queen, the Leader of the Grineer Empire: "I was afraid of death. When my dear sister died, I expected to follow her, as I always did. But now, this has changed. I no longer wish to follow my sister. I no longer wish to be with my sister. I wish for overwhelming strength. I wish for complete obliteration of my enemies. I wish to [Rive] them, as I was [Riven]. I have [the Words]. I have [the Mind]. All I need... is [a Sword]."

"Their Birth":

Spoiler

their_birth_by_huginthecrowda_ddkyaus-fu

Text:

Through the forbidden rituals of the Kuva Alchemy, a Lich is born. This accursed being will live a short, terrible life. Ironic, considering it was gifted with the power of immortality. But in my wor(l)d, even the immortal may die. Even the twice-immortal may die. Even death may die.

Voice:

Magis Trekt, Royal Kuva Arch-Alchemistress: "Creating life is as simple as taking it. Reality demands balance, I give it corruption, and it accepts my gifts, for I have blinded it's laws, and broke the chains of logic. If you wish to learn this craft, make yourself free of reality. We live, bound by laws, but who's to say we can't be the laws ourselves? Who's to say I can't be the reality, which binds the world?"

"We are Lovers":

Spoiler

we_are_lovers_by_huginthecrowda_ddkyaz9-

Text:

Some Nobles didn't accept Gaia immediately, in fact her appearance sparked the greatest rebellion amongst them in the history of the Grineer Empire. It was also the shortest rebellion. She didn't even look at them, and their bodies were torn to shreds instantly. Noone died, but the message was clear. There is only one who continues to question Gaia.

Voice:

Ela Drakkar, the Matriarch of the House Drakkar, [The Greatest, Invincible Huntress]: "I hate her! I hate her behaviour, I hate her speech, I hate her looks, I hate everything about her! I hate her more than Queen-damn Vay Hek! And that... is an achievement. I hate her... because she reminds me... of me."

Gaia Drull, the Killer Queen: "I love you too, dear Ela."

"Their Purpose":

Spoiler

their_purpose_by_huginthecrowda_ddkyb2j-

Text:

What is the reason for these "immortal soldiers" if they die so damn easily? These Requiem, how can they be stopped? We won't be able to amass any reasonable force if the Tenno keep killing the Liches! Unless... That's the point. Perhaps they aren't meant to live forever, and their deaths are a gateway to some other, darker design...

Voice:

Gaia Drull, the Killer Queen: "The Liches are immortal. Powerful. They fight the Tenno, and the spectacle is oh, so amusing. But they were't made just for my entertainment. They live, and then they die. Their deaths so beautiful, they can be seen brightly even high above, beyond the Veil. Even in Riven. Even They can see them. And when They do, They come here, interested in the source of such beautiful lights. And when They come, I butcher Them. I needed new boots anyway."

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

I haven't made any weapon reinforcements for a while, and the backup material keeps pilling on... So here you go, more guns, and for the first time ever, it's DOUBLE TROUBLE time! Both Grineer AND Corpus get some toys today!

The Grineer reinforcements are supplied mostly by your favourite Hitman, Raff Krossk, and his Armory.

As always, first come the pictures and basic descriptions, full stats will be added later. DONE!

Double Trouble Grineer (8) and Corpus (4) Reinforcements:

grineer_reinforcements_8__part_1_by_hugi

Trombash:

Spoiler

Description:

The Trombash is an extremely heavy throwing knife, favoured by Raff Krossk for silent yet brutal assassinations. It's design and function are inspired by ancient designs of questionable practicality, however the modern technology and materials have transformed it into a deadly weapon.

Mechanics:

Innate: Perfectly Weighted Blade: This weapon flies extremely quickly and nearly perfectly forward, with an insignificant arc. This weapon has no random spread.

Innate: Heartseeker: This weapon deals lethal damage to normal enemies on stealth precision hits. This weapon refunds ammo on kills.

Design notes:

Inspired by the real-life Old African Trombash throwing knives.

Stats:

Mastery: 8

Type: Throwing Weapon

Ammo: Pistol

Noise: Silent

Fire rate: 1.44  rounds per sec

Magazine size: 2 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 4 rounds

Reload time: 0.4 s

Total Damage: 450.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 100.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 125.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 225.0

Crit multiplier: 3.0x

Status chance: 10%

Polarities: 20?cb=20150301001230

Blueprint obtainable from the Hitman's Armory Gifts.

Krimak:

Spoiler

Description:

The versatile Krimak is a fast-firing machine pistol previously used quite extensively by Grineer raider teams right after the end of the Orokin, and before the creation of the Grineer Empire. It's timeless design, however, makes the gun still a lethal weapon in the right hands. It's high weight makes it hard to use by non-augmented operators, but it also allows the Krimak to be used as an impromptu melee weapon.

Mechanics:

Innate: Slap-Dash Machining: This weapon gains increased fire rate and recoil as it is fired

Alt-fire: Bash: Press to perform a fast melee bash with the weapon, dealing modified damage, and knocking damaged enemies away.

Design notes:

It's a MAC-10.

Stats:

Mastery: 10

Fire rate: 15/25 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 28

Magazine size: 36+1 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 320 rounds

Reload time: 0.8 s

Total Damage: 18.0/180.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 7.0/70.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 2.0/20.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 9.0/90.0

Crit chance: 28%/40%

Precision multiplier: 1.25x

Status chance: 18%/30%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 40 m, Min damage at 60 m,  Min damage: 40%

Twin Krimak:

Spoiler

Description:

Holding (and firing accurately) two Krimaks at the same time is quite a challenge for unseasoned operators, so perhaps it's easier to just throw them at enemies, rigged to fire themselves?

Mechanics:

Innate: Slap-Dash Machining: This weapon gains increased fire rate and recoil as it is fired

Alt-fire: Hurricane Throw: Press to throw the weapons, after which they will stop mid air and discharge any remaining ammo from the magazine. After firing all ammo the weapons will automatically retreat to the player.

Design notes:

It's 2 MAC-10s. With the ability to make them a shooting boomerang.

Stats:

Mastery: 12

Fire rate: 15/25 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 28

Magazine size: 72+2 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 640 rounds

Reload time: 1.4 s

Total Damage: 18.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 7.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 2.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 9.0

Crit chance: 30%

Status chance:20%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 40 m, Min damage at 60 m,  Min damage: 40%

Kolta:

Spoiler

Description:

The Kolta is a heavily modified Old Earth handcannon, once "found" by Raff, then upgraded and cared for by Vikto Krupp. It's an incredibly precise and comfortable-to-use gun, able to be "fanned" for sustained, feeling-like-automatic fire. If need be, precision can be forgotten for ultra fast ammo dispensing capabilities.

Mechanics:

Innate: Big Iron: This weapon fires at full-auto, cannot be zoomed in, and has no random spread in the primary firing mode. This weapon does not have fall-off on precision hits.

Alt-fire: Texan Justice: Press to fire the entire magazine extremely rapidly with increased recoil.

Design notes:

It has a lot of Last Word from Destiny in it. 

Stats:

Trigger: Auto/Auto

Ammo: Rifle

Fire rate: 1.8/16.0 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 100/40

Magazine size: 8 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 160 rounds

Reload time: 1.6 s

Total Damage: 177.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 67.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 70.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 40.0

Crit chance: 32%/27%

Precision multiplier: 2.25x

Status chance: 10%/27%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 35 m, Min damage at 60 m,  Min damage: 50%

grineer_reinforcements_8__part_2_by_hugi

Tremlok:

Spoiler

Description:

Raff Krosk was able to "liberate" a Tremlok Quake Cannon from some unlucky Rumbler. Sadly, it was completely worthless without the power pack required to fuel it's function. This weapon continued to be a piece of junk, until it got into the skilled hands of Vikto Krupp, who was able to re-rig the power supply, and built a portable energy node for it. This came at the cost of reducing the gun's range, but made it actually usable again. 

Mechanics:

Innate: Quake Cannon: This weapon fires short range shockwaves that ragdoll or at least heavily stagger all enemies hit. This weapon's 18?cb=20150811174304 Impact procs cause 18?cb=20150811174234 Bleeding. This weapon's 18?cb=20150811174234 Bleeding procs deal increased damage to enemies under the effects of 18?cb=20150811174304 Impact procs.

Alt-fire: Quake Ram: Press to ram the weapon against the floor and fire it, causing a shockwave to spread through the ground, increasing it's range and stagger properties, but decreasing damage.

Design notes:

This is the weapon of the Rumblers, a super old unit I made.

Stats:

Type: Launcher

Ammo: Sniper

Range limit: 15 m

Noise: Very Alarming

Fire rate: 0.675 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 8 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 40 rounds

Reload time: 2.2 s

Total Damage: 960.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 960.0

Crit chance: 28%

Crit multiplier: 3.0x

Status chance: 36%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 10 m, Min damage at 15 m,  Min damage: 0%

Blakar:

Spoiler

Description:

The Blakar is a state-of-the-art Grineer PDW, featuring such advanced features as an integral suppressor, laser-sight aim-assist system, and a quick access stock design, which allows it to be deployed very rapidly. While suited more for covert operations, it can be employed in any situation if need be.

Mechanics:

Innate: Integral Suppressor: This weapon is completely silent and deals more damage to unalerted targets.

Innate: Recoil Control: This weapon will quickly adjust it's own recoil when fired at full auto. This weapon has no random spread.

Innate: Quick-Access Sling: This weapon can be swapped to extremely fast. This weapon can be equipped as either a Primary, or Secondary weapon.

Design notes:

Based very loosely on the PDW-57 from CoD Black Ops.

Even though it can be used as both Primary and Secondary weapon, it accepts only Pistol-category mods.

Stats:

Slot: Primary/Secondary (Yes, you can choose!)

Type: SMG

Ammo: Rifle

Fire rate: 12.5 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 50+1 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 450 rounds

Reload time: 1.4 s

Total Damage: 35.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 12.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 9.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 14.0

Crit chance: 26%

Status chance: 28%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 45 m, Min damage at 75 m,  Min damage: 50%

corpus_reinforcements_4__part_1_by_hugin

Accurex:

Spoiler

Description:

The Accurex is a precision-based personal firearm, capable of automatically discharging a swarm of homing projectiles. It is also the gun that, when corrupted by Sentients, became the Cyanex.

Mechanics:

Innate: Precision Weapon: This weapon highlights enemy Weakspot locations when zoomed in.

Alt-fire: Swarm Missiles: Press to fire off the entire magazine as a swarm of homing projectiles, which cannot perform Precision Hits.

Design notes:

A reverse Cyanex, with precision-based main fire, and swarm of homing shots on alt-fire.

Stats:

Trigger: Semi-Auto/Auto

Fire rate: 1.25/Inf. rounds per sec

Accuracy: 100/38

Magazine size: 10+1 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 250 rounds

Reload time: 1.8 s

Total Damage: 125.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 30.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 80.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 5.0

Crit chance: 30%/20%

Precision multiplier: 2.25x/0.0x

Status chance: 30%/36%

Blueprint obtainable from the Market.

Penetron:

Spoiler

Description:

The Penetron fires heavy depleted uranium rods that easily penetrate (hence the name) through all targets. It was intended as an anti-materiel weapon, but considering most Grineer infantry is better armored than many conventional vehicles, it became a sniper weapon as well. And then it got corrupted by Sentients and became the Komorex.

Mechanics:

Innate: Penetration Rod Ammo: This weapon has infinite punch-through. This weapon ignores 25% of the target's armor, before any damage calculations.

Design notes:

A pre-corruption Komorex.

Stats:

Type: Sniper

Ammo: Heavy

Fire rate: 0.5 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 3+1 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 15 rounds

Reload time: 2.75 s

Zoom: 3x (+25% Crit Damage), 5.5x (+50% Crit Damage)

Combo Decay: 4.0 s

Min. Combo: 2 shots

Punchthrough: Inf.

Total Damage: 2100.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 1080.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 1020.0

Crit chance: 30%

Polarities: 

Asaltron:

Spoiler

Description:

The Asaltron is a small, portable personal defense weapon, used by Corpus vehicle crews and wetwork agents. Specifically adapted to be used in rough situations, it is very dependable indeed.

Mechanics:

Innate: Integral Suppressor: This weapon is completely silent and deals more damage to unalerted targets.

Innate: Fast-Switch: This weapon increases holster speed of all weapons (including itself) by a large amount.

Alt-fire: Underbarrel Incendiary Shell Launcher: Fires a fiery HEAT projectile, which deals it's damage in several instances. Holding the reload button reloads the grenade mag instead of the normal ammo.

Design notes:

Even though it can be used as both Primary and Secondary weapon, it accepts only Pistol-category mods.

Stats:

Slot: Primary/Secondary (Yes, you can choose!)

Type: SMG

Trigger: Auto/Semi-Auto

Fire rate: 14.0 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 78.75

Magazine size: 45+1/3 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 450/30 rounds

Reload time: 1.2 s

Total Damage: 42.0/300.0

Hits*: 4 (75.0 damage per damage instance) (only applies to the alt-fire)

*doesn't actually fire pellets, but instead pulses damage in the aoe several times, which means it hits four times. This is not affected by multishot.

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 2.0/0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 25.0/0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 15.0/0

18?cb=20140124221428 Heat: 0.0/300.0

Crit chance: 27%/20%

Precision multiplier: 1.25x/1.25x/0.0x

Status chance: 25%/36%

Damage falloff: Full damage up to 35 m, Min damage at 60 m,  Min damage: 70%

corpus_reinforcements_4__part_2_by_hugin

Kulex:

Spoiler

Description:

Kulex is a small, easy-to-hide net launcher. While it isn't exactly a good offensive weapon, it's utility is not to be ignored, as it fires plasma-weave nets that are sure to bind any enemy in place for at leasdt a few moments. This can allow the user to escape a tight spot, or easily catch a running enemy.

Mechanics:

Innate: Plasma-Weave Net: This weapon fires energy nets that bind and disable enemies hit. The targets then are forced to go through a struggling animation to free themselves. This effect cannot be reapplied while it lasts.

Innate: Stealth Weapon: This weapon can be swapped OUT of very quickly. This weapon reloads automatically while holstered.

Design notes:

A pure utility weapon.

Stats:

Mastery: 7

Fire rate: 1.0 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 1 rounds per mag

Max ammo:  N/A

Reload time: 2.0 s

Total Damage: 15.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 15.0

Crit chance: 0%

Crit multiplier: 0.0x

Status chance: 0%

Disca:

Spoiler

Description:

The Disca fires enemy piercing energy discs that rebound off of walls and stun anything they come in contact with. It is an immensely powerful Crowd Control weapon used by Riot Teams in Corpus Orbit-Cities.

Mechanics:

Innate: Rebound Disc: This weapon fires ricocheting energy discs that stun enemies they pass through. The stun duration decreases linearly while the disc is in flight.

Design notes:

It's like the stun-gun effect of blasters from Star Wars (used literally once in New Hope, on Princess Leia, I'm sure you remember that scene).

Stats:

Fire rate: 8.0 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 28 rounds per mag

Reload time: 1.5 s

Total Damage: 20.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 20.0

Crit chance: 15%

Status chance: 26%

Electra:

Spoiler

Description:

This small and portable Railgun brings massive firepower to personal firearms. The smart pre-charge system allows the weapon to be fired automatically, although the size limits it's sustained fire capabilities.

Mechanics:

Innate: Pre-Charge Engine: This weapon fires at full auto and reloads automatically while holstered. Swapping to another weapon when this weapon is empty is faster.

Design notes:

It's designed to be a burst damage tool, shoot the entire mag, stow away and wait for it to reload on it's own, swap to it, repeat.

Stats:

Mastery: 12

Type: Launcher

Ammo: Sniper

Fire rate: 16.0 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 4 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 24 rounds

Reload time: 2.4 s/1.0 s (when holstered)

Total Damage: 400.0

18?cb=20140124221426 Electricity: 400.0

Crit chance: 40%

Precision multiplier: 1.0x

Lastron:

Spoiler

Description:

The diminutive Lastron fires large energy discs that, on contact with enemies, will burst into smaller discs and start ricocheting everywhere. This allows it to clear small rooms very quickly indeed. Powering up it's internal charge engine allows it to fire across large distances too.

Mechanics:

Innate: Spread Disc: This weapon fires energy discs that spread and multiply on hits. These discs ricochet off of walls.

Design notes:

Stats:

Mastery: 9

Trigger: Charge

Fire rate: 12.0 rounds per sec

Magazine size: 42 rounds per mag

Max ammo:  N/A

Reload time: 1.6 s

Total Damage: 32.0

18?cb=20140124221430 Radiation: 32.0

Crit chance: 20%

Status chance: 18%

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow
stats done

As you remember, the Grineer Empire has many Noble Houses, among those, the ones with the most power are considered High Noble Houses. I've already introduced 4 High Houses during the Inner Sanctum arc, but it's time for another one to make it's appearance. Okay, to be honest, you know them quite well already... It's House Ruk.

They will appear both in the Inner Sanctum (the same way other Houses can be found there, more details in the Inner Sanctum post) and as the most elite forces during certain missions on Saturn.

House Ruk:

Introduction:

Spoiler

House Matriarch: Shaula Ruk, the Voice

House Motto: "We are the Shield, We are the Sword."

House Color: Damask Red (RGB 218, 106, 65)

Unique Units:

1. Ruk Flame Giant

2. Ruk Fire Knightess

3. Ruk Inferno Trooper

Unique Tactics:

1. "Scorched Earth"

2. "Burn the Imperfection"

3. "Upgrade Spree"

House Ruk is one of the most directly militant Houses in the Empire, having been involved in a great number of conflicts across the entire system. While their main bases are part of the Saturn's defense ring, Ruks do not hesitate to branch out and fight wherever they might be needed. Their most famous member, High General Sargas Ruk has taken part in the invasion of Mars, colonisation of Sedna and Outer Bounds, as well as fought in the Earth Proxima during the Strata Crisis. It was actually that one man's contributions that resulted in the Queens establishing of the House Ruk. Since he was male however, he was given a secondary seat of power, while the Matriarch was specifically cloned from his gene seed.

The Matriarch:

shaula_ruk_portrait__re_design__by_hugin

Shaula Ruk is a cunning and incredibly well-spoken person. Her talents in speech stand in a stark contrast to Sargas' brutish behaviour, but that's specifically why she exists. She is Sargas' (and by extension, the entire House's) Voice, meant to govern and control the key component of the Empire's army, the Saturnine Defense Ring.

Fully knowing her abilities, Shaula quickly rose to absolute power and authority within the House and even Sargas can't really question her orders. Not that he would really want to, seeing as he seems to be quite enjoying the fact that he can now focus more on direct action.

shaula_ruk_full_body__re_design__by_hugi

While Shaula is mostly a great mind, it would be a mistake to consider her a weak warrior. As it is already a tradition among the House Ruk members, she has acquired state-of-the-art augmentation, weapons and armor. Not to mention that many battles can, in fact, be won simply with proper words.

Likes: Sargas Ruk, Lesath Ruk, mind games, philosophy, history

Dislikes: stupid people, ignorance, self-righteousness, Tenno

Example quotes (used inside missions where House Ruk is involved) :

"Tenno, you came for a talk? Or just to die?"

"You misunderstand. YOU are the scourge. WE are the healers."

"Grineer weren't just builders, we were slaves. And you... you were the slave masters. Now, you'll bear the brunt of the war we have made."

"Warframes and ancient weapons, crude and dangerous, just like the Tenno!"

Other Members:

Sargas Ruk:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190825164341

High General Sargas Ruk is not  person that needs much introduction, especially to the Tenno. He has been and still is, one of the most powerful and influential personas within the Grineer Empire. While his age has made his mind significantly less clear, his iron will is apparent. While many consider Grineer to lack honor, Sargas' very existence proves them wrong.

Lesath Ruk:

Spoiler

lesath_ruk_portrait_by_huginthecrowda_dd

lesath_ruk_full_body_by_huginthecrowda_d

If Shaula is the Voice, the Lesath is the fist. And what a powerful fist she is! This Grineer lady is perfectly tuned machine of death and destruction. Able to singlehandedly clear Corpus capital ships, she is one of the reasons why Grineer hold of Saturn is so strong. The only person able to stop her rampages is her "sister" Shaula.

House Special Tactics:

1. Scorched Earth:

All Ruk units gain bonus 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat damage on their attacks.

Ruk-controlled maps possess an extraordinary amount of fire hazards and traps.

2. Burn the Imperfection:

Whenever a Ruk unit is under the effects of a status proc or crowd control effect, decrease the duration and effectiveness of those effects whenever this unit was to take 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat or 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat-based damage.

Ruk units do NOT lose armor while under the effects of 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat procs!

3. Upgrade Spree:

Ruk Eximus units have a percentage of their Cloned Flesh replaced with Alloy Armor and/or Machinery health types. In case of Alloy Armor health replacement, the armor damage resistance applies as armored health (hulking health, like e.g. Thumpers).

When Field-Promoted, Ruk units may become Eximus units as well.

House Special Units:

ruk_special_units_by_huginthecrowda_ddmo

Flame Giant:

Spoiler

Description:

The heavily-augmented Flame Giants are elite soldiers, personally trained by Sargas Ruk. Their name isn't just for show, they truly are gigantic compared to their peers, easily standing face to face with the hulking Ogr Troopers. Their main strength lies in their ability to tank an incredible amount of punishment and simply laugh at the attackers, as they unleash their fiery revenge.

This unit is an Officer.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Flame-Forged: This unit gains temporary health regeneration when set on fire.

Innate: Revenge: This unit gains damage as it loses health.

Innate: Shock Augments: This unit resists Crowd Control and is immune to knockdowns/ragdolls.

Innate: Super Heavy: This unit is nearly immune to effects that cause involuntary movement (e.g. knockdowns, ragdolls, pushes, pulls, throws, Lifted status, etc.).

Innate: Power Armor: This unit greatly reduces damage taken from sources with no punchthrough. This unit absorbs punchthrough to decrease the severity of this protection effect.

Melee: Fiery Seismic Shockwave: This unit can smash the ground to knockdown all nearby opponents. Procs 18?cb=20140124221428 Heat status effect.

Stats:

Faction: 20?cb=20141025164153 Grineer

Tileset: Grineer Asteroid Fortress Hidden, Grineer Galleon, Grineer Asteroid Base

Weapons: Insinerak, Panzafaust

Abilities: Revenge, Fiery Seismic Shockwave

Health:

Alloy Armor: 1000

Armor:

Alloy Armor: 500

Nano-Fiber Mesh: 80

Body Multipliers: Head: 1.5x, Limbs: 0.75x, Limbs: 0.75x

Base Affinity: 800

Codex Scans: 3

Mod Drops: Grineer Napalm droptable

Fire Knightess:

Spoiler

Description:

The Fire Knightesses are meant to perfectly embody the unyielding rage of flames. Their experimental and overclocked armor and augments grant them incredible staying power and destructive capabilities on the battlefield. This comes at a cost of their life span, however. But what do they care? Dying in battle is what they exist for!

Mechanics and Abilities:

Innate: Enrage: When losing a lot of health, this unit can become enraged, making them immune to damage over time, any type of crowd control and granting a large speed buff.

Innate: Berserk Self-Revive: This unit can revive itself if it has not killed any unit before dying.

Innate: Shock Augments: This unit resists Crowd Control and is immune to knockdowns/ragdolls.

Innate: Super Heavy: This unit is nearly immune to effects that cause involuntary movement (e.g. knockdowns, ragdolls, pushes, pulls, throws, Lifted status, etc.).

Movement: Teleport: Using their Teleport Gear, this unit can quickly reposition themselves, gaining damage reduction on certain frames of the animation.

Ability: Macro-Heat Beam: This unit can fire a tracking, highly accurate beam of pure plasma, which rapidlky breaks any and all defensive abilities, while dealing damage.

Stats:

Tileset: Grineer Asteroid Fortress Hidden, Grineer Galleon, Grineer Asteroid Base

Weapons: Dual Heat Cannons, Bombarda Cannon, Meltak Laser

Abilities: Macro-Heat Beam

Health:

Alloy Armor: 800

Armor:

Alloy Armor: 800

Nano-Fiber Mesh: 50

Body Multipliers: Head: 2.0x, Body and Limbs: 0.75x, Limbs: 0.75x

Base Affinity: 600

Codex Scans: 3

Mod Drops: Grineer Heavy Gunner droptable

Inferno Trooper:

Spoiler

Description:

The Inferno Troopers bring hell and fiery demise to all of the Ruk's opponents. Equipped with Inferno Launchers normally used only by super-elite Kuva Hellchariots, these soldiers can melt anything in front of them in a matter of microseconds. Large amounts of these soldiers are employed in Saturnine anti-Corpus shock units. Nothing says "Go back to Jupiter" more than a solid wall of fire rapidly closing on your position.

Mechanics and Abilities:

Movement: Plasma Jetpack: This unit can use it's jetpack to fly very quickly. Flames created by the jetpack leave a damaging trail.

Stats:

Weapons: Inferno Launcher

Abilities: Jetpack

Base Damage: BISHOP

Health:

Cloned Flesh: 400

Armor:

Alloy Armor: 300

Body Multipliers: Head: 2.0x, Limbs: 0.75x

Base Affinity: 300

Codex Scans: 5

Mod Drops: Grineer Scorch droptable

Back to the Main Post

Edited by HugintheCrow

update:

From now on, I will be helping out HugintheCrow more directly in this thread.

More importantly though, new lore update has been released.

The Kuva-Corrupted Data Fragments will allow you to understand better the origins and purpose of the Kuva Liches (in this headcanon universe).

The lore fragments can be read here. Or simply scroll up a little.

• Like 1