Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The biggest reason I've stopped actively playing the game

Kimimoto

There's no means to an end for player progression. We work for all this power; weapons, frames, mods, arcanes, focus, sentinels, companions, forma, catalysts, reactors, exilus adapters, amps, rivens. None of this is needed, you can do all the content in the game with an unformad frame/weapon. It didn't use to be this way, the void gave us purpose to upgrading EVERYTHING and nothing has taken it's place.

What's the point anymore? 

Why would I upgrade anything?

If new weapons or frames come out I'm just going to level them to thirty and let them sit there.

I'm incredibly bored of leaving on C rotations, I want a reason to stay in a mission so I can make use of these systems. I want a reason to have fun. The developers don't feel the same way however. They're so engrossed with making content "20 minute, bite sized" that that's all there is now. It's the only option, even new "endgame" game modes are cascaded into mundanity when there's no reason to do so. The horizon doesn't give any hope either, it doesn't even seem to be on the devs radar.

Kuva Survival could easily have reasonable rewards that increment up to a cap, that would incentivise players to stay in the mission for a tiny benefit. e.g. Have the Kuva rewarded jump up to 250 after 20 minutes, that's it. It would still give less than Floods, while giving players a reason to power up using the multitude of systems that are in the game.

I love this game. I LOVE IT, I wouldn't have played it for 2000 hours if I didn't. Can it love me back for a minute? The apathy is crippling.

Casual players won't start vanishing. They won't be forced to stick a feeding tube down their throat, so they can stay in a Survival for 8 hours. They'll still have free will. 

I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away. 

12 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

It didn't use to be this way, the void gave us purpose to upgrading EVERYTHING and nothing has taken it's place.

The only thing that changed was it no longer throws Prime parts at you for a single key. You are free to do that super difficult content that you think there was.

13 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Can it love me back for a minute?

It's a game. It can't.

14 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

I love this game. I LOVE IT

If the only reason you loved this game was being pelted by Prime parts while staring at the same void tower tiles for hours on end, you didn't actually like the game.

God I miss my T3 survivals until 120 mins and when I tried so damn hard to keep it going. I want that feeling again with amazing rewards. I want that hard endgame where I can sit with a group of friends and go at it. EIdolons are the only thing I enjoy right but there comes a point where I constantly am saying. 
"Its the same thing over and over and I'm using the same tactics"
I want to go back to using Wukong because I loved him. The long missions made him fun to use since it felt like nothing stopped him but now? All I see are constant 4 spam in a map and I can kill targets or use my decay. 

TLDR: PLEASE 😄 

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The only thing that changed was it no longer throws Prime parts at you for a single key. You are free to do that super difficult content that you think there was.

Well that's the point he's trying to make. He was doing super long hard content that he himself enjoyed. The map is still there but what's the point if you arent getting really anything to show for it? If you dont getting anything from it except relics, why waste time doing it?

I do actually miss the void. I miss the end game grind. It felt different from the grind of normal missions despite being normal missions. Now all I do is play normal missions for fissure.. I'm back at it but this time it feels a tad bit more boring. Now I'm literally doing the same stuff day in and out on the exact same maps with the same enemies.😞

You don't see the love for the void like you used to.

I felt everyone talked and connected on what they wanted and what they wanted to do. Now it's just smash fissure mission and out.

at least with the void it felt 'royal' like a true beautiful end game xD plus endgames is the orokin towers felt like it fit the story too. 

Edited by (PS4)DicedSevens

59 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

They're so engrossed with making content "20 minute, bite sized" that that's all there is now. It's the only option, even new "endgame" game modes are cascaded into mundanity when there's no reason to do so. The horizon doesn't give any hope either, it doesn't even seem to be on the devs radar.

I agree with this. Everything used to center around Endless Defense and slow runs completely clearing out the Void Towers. Now everything is based around rotations and there's nothing really like Void Towers in the game anymore. Those new Void Fissure alerts though are laughable in comparison.

Edited by DishSoap

25 minutes ago, -UCPP- said:

He was doing super long hard content that he himself enjoyed.

Right. Said content is still there.

25 minutes ago, -UCPP- said:

The map is still there but what's the point if you arent getting really anything to show for it? If you dont getting anything from it except relics, why waste time doing it?

Supposedly it was hard and tested your loadout? Here's an idea. Every 20 min into a Mot run, take apiece of paper and put a gold star on it. Every new run, start a new line. See how many stars you can get on a single line.

You will have given yourself more than the game ever gave you.

2 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

there's nothing really like Void Towers in the game anymore.

You mean other than the Void Towers still in the game? Playable this very moment?

Edited by peterc3

So yes I guess the quests can be completed with a low level frame but - I can’t do a lot of stuff with a low level frame in the game. Plenty of planets where I’m unable to do every mission with a low level frame. I’m guessing you don’t do solo missions much? If you do and a low level frame is sufficient to pull all the missions and sortes etc. - you are a god in my book.

30 minutes ago, -UCPP- said:

Well that's the point he's trying to make. He was doing super long hard content that he himself enjoyed. The map is still there but what's the point if you arent getting really anything to show for it? If you dont getting anything from it except relics, why waste time doing it?

Take said relics and go do endless defense relic mission? Most wont go more than 20 minutes or so.... 

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You mean other than the Void Towers still in the game? Playable this very moment?

It was different back then. That's all I can really say to someone who didn't play the original Void Towers. The enemies were strong you needed to take your time to slowly clear it out or you got destroyed. You also NEEDED to clear the whole tower since that's the only place that corrupted mods came from. Mods were rare and you normally needed multiples of them so kind of forced you to actually get your "money's worth" out of a Void Tower.

Edited by DishSoap

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Right. Said content is still there.

Supposedly it was hard and tested your loadout? Here's an idea. Every 20 min into a Mot run, take apiece of paper and put a gold star on it. Every new run, start a new line. See how many stars you can get on a single line.

You will have given yourself more than the game ever gave you.

1. The content that doesn't give you anything useful and isn't a necessity to play. So why make your frame OP if not being tested hardcore. 
2 Putting a gold star on paper doesn't do anything for achievements and very nice snobby comment. Props to you for being a positive asset here.

It seems to me that you dont understand what the original poster wants and why. You seem to be missing the big picture here and inserting the same statements over and over.

3 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

It was different back then. That's all I can really say to someone who didn't play the original Void Towers. The enemies were strong you needed to take your time to slowly clear it out or you got destroyed. You also NEEDED to clear the whole tower since that's the only place that corrupted mods came from. Since mods were rare and you needed multiples of it. So kind of forced you to actually get your "money's worth" out of a Void Tower.

The Derelict?

9 minutes ago, (XB1)SlagInGristle said:

Take said relics and go do endless defense relic mission? Most wont go more than 20 minutes or so.... 

Most people who want to go over wave 20 want specific frames and arent willing to test new things and want base warframes. 
I want those squads who sit and just go at it in a free environment!

6 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

I'm of the opposite opinion. If you see Prime as the end game then it's extremely hard to catch up with Warframe.

Not... really? Unless you mean vaulted, but you can play every three months and still avoid missing anything due to vaulting.
On topic, I would recommend looking for endless fissure missions. You'll need to group up to do them for longer than 20 minutes, as very few pub groups I encounter are willing OR prepared to go past that point, but that's not really new. While the rewards aren't the stacks of prime parts (which if you've played long enough, you'll remember the time BEFORE drops stacked, so no matter how long you stayed it was only one drop, it just might be the drop you wanted-new system is much better overall, even with its problems), the game does still reward you with large amounts of traces and affinity (aka Focus) for doing so. So it's a smaller reward for staying the length, but it's something, and you're still getting the normal wave rewards anyway.

5 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Not... really? Unless you mean vaulted, but you can play every three months and still avoid missing anything due to vaulting.

Well I mean if you miss the vaulting you're pretty much screwed. I stopped playing for like 3 years and well yeah... not getting half of that stuff anymore.

Edited by DishSoap