Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The biggest reason I've stopped actively playing the game

Kimimoto

3 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

I agree, I'm going to abandon my own thread because it's currently a casual elitist circle jerk. The game is currently so casually oriented that hardcore players are leaking out the backend and have stopped playing the game. Clans full of inactive players who came to the same realization, that this all leads nowhere. Upgrade systems that have no purpose, constantly asking why you're maxing out a weapon.

If you disagree, the majority of the people who saw this thread thought otherwise, check the reactions on the opening post. While that may just be a coincedence, I believe that does reflect how the Warframe community feels, and that people enjoy a challenge. I hope that anyone saying it has no place in this game are proven wrong, I hope that DE are aware and thinking of ways to implement some harder content. 

I wish you all well Tenno, have fun

1. Casuals makes money for DE. Their game is aimed at them. The money lies on their average. Hardcore veterans play less and less because they reached the top. They wait for content releases. 

2. The rate of consumption goes faster than the rate of production. If warframe cut the grinding time for everything, reaching MR 25 will take a week. Again this is no business for DE. 

3. In order to make a justification for the upgrade system that asks for far prepared enemies. That imply creating new content and new enemies for your maxed weapons. 

5. Yes harder content must be rewarded with rivens or any other worthy reward. However if DE brings harder content, that will throw away the casuals out of the game. 

Sometimes it feels like some people in these forums have never played another online game in their lives outside of Warframe. MMOs have been around for decades, the OP is not making things up about some sort of mythical "endgame" that doesn't exist and cannot exist. We know what endgame activities are, because it's been in games, some of which were highly successful for over a decade and still are. I'm not saying you don't burn out on games after thousands of hours, because you obviously do. But most succesful gear grind MMO-like games make an effort to close their game loop: you grind for the gear to use it on the more challenging coop endgame activities (pvp, raids, dungeons), in order to get more powerful gear, and with the next updates the challenge is upped (harder raids, higher level enemies) to account for the powercreep that is inevitable. Warframe just has the gear grind and the powercreep atm (granted, an extremely cool one), hardly anything at all in terms of endgame activities outside of eidolon hunts. Oh wait, I forgot, there's fashionframe as well, so all is good 🤣

To the OP: Division 2 is being built from the ground up with endgame in mind. If they manage to do it right (unlike Destiny 2 lol), it might be a wake up call for Warframe, since they'll finally have worthy competition. Atm Warframe is swimming in success and new players (in good part due to the failures of Destiny 2 as well), so they won't see any reason at all to change their approach of horizontal casual content. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

On 2018-08-04 at 7:58 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Sometimes it feels like some people in these forums have never played another online game in their lives outside of Warframe. MMOs have been around for decades, the OP is not making things up about some sort of mythical "endgame" that doesn't exist and cannot exist. We know what endgame activities are, because it's been in games, some of which were highly successful for over a decade and still are. I'm not saying you don't burn out on games after thousands of hours, because you obviously do. But most succesful gear grind MMO-like games make an effort to close their game loop: you grind for the gear to use it on the more challenging coop endgame activities (pvp, raids, dungeons), in order to get more powerful gear, and with the next updates the challenge is upped (harder raids, higher level enemies) to account for the powercreep that is inevitable. Warframe just has the gear grind and the powercreep atm (granted, an extremely cool one), hardly anything at all in terms of endgame activities outside of eidolon hunts. Oh wait, I forgot, there's fashionframe as well, so all is good 🤣

To the OP: Division 2 is being built from the ground up with endgame in mind. If they manage to do it right (unlike Destiny 2 lol), it might be a wake up call for Warframe, since they'll finally have worthy competition. Atm Warframe is swimming in success and new players (in good part due to the failures of Destiny 2 as well), so they won't see any reason at all to change their approach of horizontal casual content. 

But here's the thing, we DO have Eidolons, we DO have ESO, and we WILL have PoV, soon.  So, though I'm not saying -you- are ignoring those, but I see many people acting like those things don't exist.  Those things ARE things you need to grind to get to, or to defeat. 

The other thing is... Warframe didn't get where it is today by being just like other MMOs or whathaveyou.  It has always shone in its attempt to be -different-.  And while I don't expect people to always "get" that, it is frustrating to see people trash it like not "following the norm" is a "bad" thing. (Again, not @ you, just in general).  

I'll reiterate my earlier posts that I still believe people have been in endgame for so long they just forget it is what it is.

I think the honest truth of it all is that the game isn't, nor should it be, intended to support 4000+ hrs of continued play.  DE is never going to -say- that, nor would I expect them to..but you gotta realize that just 10 years ago...hell, even just 5 years ago, aside from a very few dedicated MMOs, playing games, especially for casuals, for longer than maybe 100 hrs TOPS, was unheard of!   So why we're complaining about being "bored" after -thousands- of hours of fun is...really beyond me. 😕

And to be clear, I -have- played many MMOs.  As stated earlier in the thread, I've been playing MMOs since they became a thing.  That's not a bragging point, but rather just a frame of reference.  

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

But here's the thing, we DO have Eidolons, we DO have ESO, and we WILL have PoV, soon.  So, though I'm not saying -you- are ignoring those, but I see many people acting like those things don't exist.  Those things ARE things you need to grind to get to, or to defeat. 

The other thing is... Warframe didn't get where it is today by being just like other MMOs or whathaveyou.  It has always shone in its attempt to be -different-.  And while I don't expect people to always "get" that, it is frustrating to see people trash it like not "following the norm" is a "bad" thing. (Again, not @ you, just in general).  

I'll reiterate my earlier posts that I still believe people have been in endgame for so long they just forget it is what it is.

I think the honest truth of it all is that the game isn't, nor should it be, intended to support 4000+ hrs of continued play.  DE is never going to -say- that, nor would I expect them to..but you gotta realize that just 10 years ago...hell, even just 5 years ago, aside from a very few dedicated MMOs, playing games, especially for casuals, for longer than maybe 100 hrs TOPS, was unheard of!   So why we're complaining about being "bored" after -thousands- of hours of fun is...really beyond me. 😕

And to be clear, I -have- played many MMOs.  As stated earlier in the thread, I've been playing MMOs since they became a thing.  That's not a bragging point, but rather just a frame of reference.  

I agree about eidolons being an endgame activity, I even mentioned them in my post, but ESO is highly debatable. I think it _could_ have been the endgame we were asking for, but ended up missing the mark due to their mentality when they approached it. I mean, let's be honest here. You only need to get to zone 8, the game mode actually strongly discourages you from going further and in fact makes it downright impossible to keep going even for those who'd like to challenge themselves just for the fun of it. Up to zone 8 the challenge is really not that high, the enemies barely even get to sortie 3 level, and the fact that this game mode is used for the most part just to level up weapons and farm focus shows it's really not something that requires optimized loadouts. It's more like a glorified high level Hydron at this point. PoV for sure won't be endgame, if PoE is any indication. Outside of that spider mecha boss, ofc. 

Warframe doesn't need to be like other MMO's, it's already very different in terms of art direction, story, atmosphere, gameplay, movement, powers, etc. However providing a more robust endgame experience for a game that has its sole purpose as grinding for gear and progression is just a necessity if they have any concerns at all about player retention. Which they don't seem to do at this point. They already lost the endurance community, they lost the raid/trials community... constant influx of new players and keeping the yearly hype cycle going is probably way more profitable and safe than trying to retain the veteran player base with endgame content. Can't blame them, they need to focus and survive, but it is what it is. Warframe is a game that you spend hundreds of hours getting dressed up to find out at the end there's no party to go to. I do agree with you though, those hundreds of hours you spent getting dressed up are extremely fun and totally worth your time. But there's other games out there that keep you engaged once you reach that point. 

Well over 1.5k mission hours, well over 3k steam hours, game still fun.
Like, not all the OP complaints are silly, but like I've said before, Warframe is a game about giving power to the players. At some point, we're going to have enough power to make nearly anything go away. Especially when you can have damage multipliers of 10X plus, on top of hard CC.

I think it would be nice for top-tier endless to have a feature where you can boost the starting level in exchange for better rewards, though. Even if it's just like the multipliers from fissures. Or hell, just be able to boost the level so you can start at level 200 and test yourself for the sake of doing so.

Edited by SolarDwagon