Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The biggest reason I've stopped actively playing the game

Kimimoto

1 minute ago, Redspace0095 said:

In one of the more recent devstreams they mentioned they were looking at either doing adding additional rotation table for endless missions,  having later rotations loose the lowest grade rewards from the table or a combo of the two.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Dreadwire said:

Just play at your own pace. 

Warframe is a game that easy to get in and out.

So if you burn just play other game.

Its not hard to catch up with warframe.

I have been playing other games, but I'd like to play this game more than twice a year when content drops. It would be amazing if there was long lasting content(like the old void) that was worth running in-between the content droughts.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Right. Said content is still there.

Supposedly it was hard and tested your loadout? Here's an idea. Every 20 min into a Mot run, take apiece of paper and put a gold star on it. Every new run, start a new line. See how many stars you can get on a single line.

You will have given yourself more than the game ever gave you.

You mean other than the Void Towers still in the game? Playable this very moment?

As others have said, you are clearly missing the point.

Keys offered an incentive to play as well as possible. They made it so the better player you were, and the better squad you had, the more you got out of them.

Think about it like this: Eidolon capping. Lets say if all things were the same as they were now, except one key difference:

For each additional set you do in a night, you get an additional Arcane. So that second Tridolon capture? 2 arcanes from Teralyst, 2 from Gantulyst, 2 from Hydrolyst. Totalling 3 each for 2 runs instead of just 2. Do 3 sets per night? Now you're getting 6 arcanes from each Eidolon. 4 sets? 10 each.

Obviously this example is waaaaay too many rewards for the current system, but it actually incentivize's getting stronger, more refined groups.

At the end of the day, it's not unreasonable to expect a better reward for going above and beyond "just good enough".

Can someone explain to me what end game is i'm approaching 2000 hours soon in the game and yes that is 2 thousand not hundred and i've hit that point where all im doing is farming stuff for plat and maxing focus out. I understand the desire for more in the game and hard things to do but i never can think of what the ideal form of this would be. I've only been playing the game for over a year so i dont know what the old void was like but i hear people talk about it alot. I also hear people talk about reasons to stay longer and i dont understand that either, you guys want incentive to stay in a mission longer but that doesn't seem doable without making things locked off and if you're not locking things off through duration runs you're just looking to have something inefficient to do. Idk i've kinda lost track of what im talking about but people keep asking for end game and i dont see how this is possible because A we will always find the most efficient way to finish things/farm and B for people who are as caught up as we can be in the game when things come out we just start up on that and finish it while for people who have just started the game it's a long path of things to do. 

16 minutes ago, Azlen said:

As others have said, you are clearly missing the point.

Keys offered an incentive to play as well as possible. They made it so the better player you were, and the better squad you had, the more you got out of them.

Think about it like this: Eidolon capping. Lets say if all things were the same as they were now, except one key difference:

For each additional set you do in a night, you get an additional Arcane. So that second Tridolon capture? 2 arcanes from Teralyst, 2 from Gantulyst, 2 from Hydrolyst. Totalling 3 each for 2 runs instead of just 2. Do 3 sets per night? Now you're getting 6 arcanes from each Eidolon. 4 sets? 10 each.

Obviously this example is waaaaay too many rewards for the current system, but it actually incentivize's getting stronger, more refined groups.

At the end of the day, it's not unreasonable to expect a better reward for going above and beyond "just good enough".

I mean, Eidolons are a terrible example, because the reward of a better group is going faster which means more kills in a single night, so you're *already* getting the reward.

Edited by SolarDwagon

Well ppl complained back then that all anyone did was farm for keys and then farmed void. We got burnt out playing the same area over and over again. Void is pretty, but after your 300th run, it got old. There was no where else to get primes.

The starchart was empty, it was a joke. Now we actually have a variation in where we farm keys. Theres still Axi defenses you can grind for long periods and get primes every 5 waves/5 mins.. it's just not all contained in one "planet" now.

Everything is still there that used to be. The truth is, many have just reached that point where you've done all there is to Warframe. Warframe is a gear grind, once you have most of it, that's it really.

I do think a lvl 100 "planet" would be nice, but the truth is, theres no rewards at that point that will matter. Its just going to be for fun.

44 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I also hear people talk about reasons to stay longer and i dont understand that either, you guys want incentive to stay in a mission longer but that doesn't seem doable without making things locked off and if you're not locking things off through duration runs you're just looking to have something inefficient to do. Idk i've kinda lost track of what im talking about but people keep asking for end game and i dont see how this is possible because A we will always find the most efficient way to finish things/farm and B for people who are as caught up as we can be in the game when things come out we just start up on that and finish it while for people who have just started the game it's a long path of things to do. 

It was purely a product of the environment it was in and nothing to do with how people played the game. First of all mods used to not require Endo but other mods with the highest bonus coming from a duplicate of the original mod. This means in order to get the Corrupted mods that were only in the Void Towers you needed to clear out the tower or survive as long as possible in Endless Defense. Unlike today enemies didn't use to endlessly spawn, at least not on maps like Extermination. Second I'm not sure if Endless Defense used to run on rotation at the time but almost everyone played it to extremely high levels for keys since they were reasonably rare. This further incentivized people to clear out towers completely and not run through them. Kill everything, open everything, break everything, and solve every puzzle. Finally the enemies were actually hard, they did a lot of damage and had pretty big health pools so you had to be careful. Again unlike today though they didn't rush you are spawn behind you meaning you could hunker down and play the cover game. All these things together created an experience that wasn't unlike exploring some ancient relic of the past that had advanced technology.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Well ppl complained back then that all anyone did was farm for keys and then farmed void. We got burnt out playing the same area over and over again. Void is pretty, but after your 300th run, it got old. There was no where else to get primes.

The starchart was empty, it was a joke. Now we actually have a variation in where we farm keys. Theres still Axi defenses you can grind for long periods and get primes every 5 waves/5 mins.. it's just not all contained in one "planet" now.

Everything is still there that used to be. The truth is, many have just reached that point where you've done all there is to Warframe. Warframe is a gear grind, once you have most of it, that's it really.

I do think a lvl 100 "planet" would be nice, but the truth is, theres no rewards at that point that will matter. Its just going to be for fun.

The star chat is STILL empty outside of places for farming resources and early zones. The void that we have now is extremely different to how the void towers were before. I'd even go so far as to say that taking away those void tower completely killed the variety in the game, which is said considering how much missions have changed. Then again no one wants to play missions like Spy to begin with.

Edited by DishSoap

1 hour ago, tripletriple said:

The old void was so much better. Warframe needs an end game before rail jack or arch wing 2.0.

We can't have an end game because veterans will either cheese the ever loving clem out of it or moan and whine because it's too hard.

And that's before we get the much needed balance to have a proper endgame.

Edited by LupisV0lk

1 hour ago, SolarDwagon said:

I mean, Eidolons are a terrible example, because the reward of a better group is going faster which means more kills in a single night, so you're *already* getting the reward.

Yeah true, problem with the example is there's no current barrier for entry. You simply walk out into the plains. But if in order to start the hunt, each player had to sacrifice... I don't know...an "Ancient Eidolon Shard" that took a bundle of resources, Sentient Cores, and say.... 24 hours to craft each, then suddenly it lines up a lot more with old void. Getting more out of what you put in, kinda thing.

The other example I was going to use was this: You give me 1 dollar, I'll give you 2 if you can do 10 sit-ups. But i'll give you 3 if you can do 10 sit-ups and 10 push-ups. 4 if you can do the prior and 10 pull-ups. 5 with tacking on a 60 second plank. 6 for adding in 10 squats. 7 for also being able to do a back-flip, etc etc etc.

Point is, people want more rewards for prowess.

3 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Yeah true, problem with the example is there's no current barrier for entry. You simply walk out into the plains. But if in order to start the hunt, each player had to sacrifice... I don't know...an "Ancient Eidolon Shard" that took a bundle of resources, Sentient Cores, and say.... 24 hours to craft each, then suddenly it lines up a lot more with old void. Getting more out of what you put in, kinda thing.

The other example I was going to use was this: You give me 1 dollar, I'll give you 2 if you can do 10 sit-ups. But i'll give you 3 if you can do 10 sit-ups and 10 push-ups. 4 if you can do the prior and 10 pull-ups. 5 with tacking on a 60 second plank. 6 for adding in 10 squats. 7 for also being able to do a back-flip, etc etc etc.

Point is, people want more rewards for prowess.

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that.
But, and it's a big but, Warframe is a game of extremely exponential power. Which means that you either balance things at a point where most people can do them, at which point people above that can trivialise it *if they desire*, or you set it a point that requires that exponential power, and noone not using very specific squads can do it at all. Eidolons is one of the few exceptions, but even then it still shows. If you don't bring a bless trin, you're going to struggle to triple cap at all. That's already a fairly specific requirement. If you don't bring either a top-tier rivened weapon and/or a Chroma, you're not going to kill limbs fast. So on and so forth. Now, most of the requirements for eidolons are honestly reasonable, and nerfs and discoveries have made more slots in the squad swing*ish*, at least in regards to frames. But even then, to get one kill, you already need to do some pretty specific things and be reasonably competent. Now, I've personally done triple triple, and I've heard of much higher numbers in a night, and I can tell you the requirements for that ARE significant prowess. And you're rewarded for it-the difference between 5 chances at Energise in an hour and one chance.
But, lets come back to the main game. The difference between a squad that brings a Mesa with a Chroma in damage, and that *merely* brings a Rhino and top tier weapons, is literally orders of magnitude of DPS difference. Very few other games allow players such lofty heights of power (and DE have had to try and reign it in, see Nullifiers, Vivergate, whatever other examples you choose), but even with all that they've put in, the difference in potential damage between otherwise similar squads is ludicrous for any sensible attempt at balancing for "end-game". Anything that has the health to stand up to Mesa+Chroma is going to be nigh unkillable by most other means. Similarly CC Rhino a la the old LoR. Doesn't matter how much damage enemies do, how high they scale, if they spend their entire time frozen airborne-but the moment your squad doesn't bring that hard CC, the squad wipes in seconds.
Long story short, we can either have an insanely flexible power fantasy catering to a huge audience, or we can have knife-edged endgame balance, but we're never going to get both. And of the two, one is what Warframe has been through its history, and one has the widest appeal-both of these being the same option.

6 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

I love this game. I LOVE IT, I wouldn't have played it for 2000 hours if I didn't. 

You gotta pump those numbers up!! Those are rookie numbers!!!

Edited by AngeloDavid

7 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

There's no means to an end for player progression. We work for all this power; weapons, frames, mods, arcanes, focus, sentinels, companions, forma, catalysts, reactors, exilus adapters, amps, rivens. None of this is needed, you can do all the content in the game with an unformad frame/weapon. It didn't use to be this way, the void gave us purpose to upgrading EVERYTHING and nothing has taken it's place.

What's the point anymore? 

Why would I upgrade anything?

If new weapons or frames come out I'm just going to level them to thirty and let them sit there.

I'm incredibly bored of leaving on C rotations, I want a reason to stay in a mission so I can make use of these systems. I want a reason to have fun. The developers don't feel the same way however. They're so engrossed with making content "20 minute, bite sized" that that's all there is now. It's the only option, even new "endgame" game modes are cascaded into mundanity when there's no reason to do so. The horizon doesn't give any hope either, it doesn't even seem to be on the devs radar.

Kuva Survival could easily have reasonable rewards that increment up to a cap, that would incentivise players to stay in the mission for a tiny benefit. e.g. Have the Kuva rewarded jump up to 250 after 20 minutes, that's it. It would still give less than Floods, while giving players a reason to power up using the multitude of systems that are in the game.

I love this game. I LOVE IT, I wouldn't have played it for 2000 hours if I didn't. Can it love me back for a minute? The apathy is crippling.

Casual players won't start vanishing. They won't be forced to stick a feeding tube down their throat, so they can stay in a Survival for 8 hours. They'll still have free will. 

I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away. 

agree with everything, but personally i think a proper reason to get powerfull would be end game pvp. :) 

My hope (did not read all the answers) :

The Tau system (soontm ) might be our salvation. If they keep bumping up the ennemy level from where we left the origin system, we'd have the "normal" content, but entirely at higher level. The first planets would be something like 55-65, up to (hopefully) 150-180. This way the game would actually be challenging, and we'd not have to wait around for hours before the good ennemies show up.

So yeah, make the tau system a true challenge, actually hard missions, alerts, invasions, with mods, ressources and primes that you'd only be able to get out there.

But yeah, soontm

The game is just in a pretty rough content drought right now. Something substantive is needed. Sacrifice, or should I say Umbra, did next to nothing to alleviate this. 

We have a number of skins coming soon. That'll be fun for an hour or two... but what's really needed is something like Fortuna.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

The game is just in a pretty rough content drought right now. Something substantive is needed. Sacrifice, or should I say Umbra, did next to nothing to alleviate this. 

We have a number of skins coming soon. That'll be fun for an hour or two... but what's really needed is something like Fortuna.

*cough* Sanctuary onslaught *cough* and two other Eidolons weren't content? Who'd a thunk?

9 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

*cough* Sanctuary onslaught *cough* and two other Eidolons weren't content? Who'd a thunk?

Onslaught efficiency drain and nerfs to frames don't give incentives to go past 8 waves. It is highly repetitive and becomes a chore due to unrewarding (Khora, Relics, and Peculiar Mods are all pretty weak rewards) repetition. Onslaught is just Hydron with efficiency drain.

The 2 new Eidolons are just reskins if the Teralyst. You may as well say the Plague Star Lephantis was new content. Likewise, if you did Trials actively and completed focus, Eidolons have essentially no rewards.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Onslaught efficiency drain and nerfs to frames don't give incentives to go past 8 waves. It is highly repetitive and becomes a chore due to unrewarding (Khora, Relics, and Peculiar Mods are all pretty weak rewards) repetition. Onslaught is just Hydron with efficiency drain.

The 2 new Eidolons are just reskins if the Teralyst. You may as well say the Plague Star Lephantis was new content. Likewise, if you did Trials actively and completed focus, Eidolons have essentially no rewards.

Content is content no matter how you slice it. It may be not to your liking but it's still content.

3 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Content is content no matter how you slice it. It may be not to your liking but it's still content.

2 new modes 1 new mode and 2 reskined bosses in the span of nearly 8 months is a rate you might be satisfied with, but for those who have done everything in the game possible this is hardly what they're waiting for. 

Edited by --Q--Phanini