Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx needs your attention, and more importantly, your help.

SeiberKatt

Not a regular here, not even a lurker, but after seeing the direction that the Revanant is going, even I have to speak up some time.

Nyx is my number one frame. She was my first prime, and my first love in Warframe. She's never been the fastest, or the strongest, but nevertheless when she set foot on the map you knew she was there. Or at least, once upon a time you did. The first strike against her came from Loki of all people. Loki could already strip the arms from an entire map when he was modded right, and then came an augment mod, Irradiating Disarm. Now, not only could he disarm a whole map, but he could inflict confusion in a larger radius that Nyx could with her Chaos, to the same result. And like that, she lost one of her signiture moves to another frame. Her two was never anything to write home about, and her four was more or less a useful useless ability. It could be powerful, but it required you to sit and wait, and hopefully deal some damage when it ended. Later on, she gained the augment Assimilate, which let her walk while being invicible, and let her finally follow, albeit slowly, in the shoes of so many other warframes, Rhino, Wukong, Nidus, among others who were already able to move while being nigh untouchable. And that left her first ability, her signiture skill, Mind Control, invading the mind of an enemy and turning him to your side, to fight for you against his friends.

And then the Revanant happened.

Now, not only can this Revanant also mind control people, but he does it even better than Nyx. Nyx can mind control anyone she wants, and only one, while this Revanant can mind control anyone he wants, and like an infection it spreads, to a cap of, for the moment, up to twenty "thralls". His own personal army, and one currently greater than even Nekros can raise. However, that is a different subject; right now we're discussing Nyx.

Nyx has never had a lot going for her. Her abilities, when she does use them, almost all revolve around the enemys killing each other off which has proven to be all but impossible given the enemies sometimes absurdly high armor levels. Then, half her abilities get scooped by other frames. Even her passive is just a random chance to do what Loki does already, and the rest are hardly worth using. Assimilate is the standout being quite powerful, but still a memetic build at best. It begs the question: Why would anyone play her? Why should anyone play her when the things she does are done better by other frames.

I'm asking, I'm pleading, on behalf of myself and everyone else who holds a special place for Nyx: Please, help her. Give her a way to stand out, give her the ability to shine again. Give her a power that makes other players on the map cheer when they see a Nyx, rather than curse what most people see as a liablility anymore than an asset.

Edited by SeiberKatt

One of the more glaring issues I see on Nyx is her passive itself. Ignoring the fact that it's random chance, it also affects all of her abilities. Including the 1st, Mind Control. When you try to mind control an enemy that's not already melee-based, you're essentially gambling to see if you get an ok unit to give you cover fire or a useless mook that runs into the enemy for melee. I'd have moved that to the Psychic Bolts, even if it's just a chance to trigger, and keep it specific to the Bolts. Then maybe switch the passive to instead inflict Confusion proc on occasion. That won't impact too badly the kit, even if it can sometimes be redundant.

32 minutes ago, SeiberKatt said:

Nyx has never had a lot going for her. Her abilities, when she does use them, almost all revolve around the enemys killing each other off which has proven to be all but impossible given the enemies sometimes absurdly high armor levels.

This is my issue with Nyx, even the augment for her 1 doesn't fix this. I think to make her work, Nyx should make in some way that enemies confused by her bypass armor and get a huge buff of damage when attacking each other (not against wfs or objectives). This would still require multiple enemies to be worth using and would be affected by enemy levels, so its infinite scaling but not broken as it will require some time to kill enemies depending on how much the damage bonus is (could be %health, base number, etc) and its not like we didn't already have frames that can compete with that anyway.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Sounds like Nyx needs to be reworked immediately, especially since she's one of the next unvaults!

Even more it sounds like she needs a full kit rework. 

Also PSA tags are supposed to be used by Devs, moderators and DE staff only.

It said a tag was required, it seemed like the best fit. My bad.

i actually had a cool idea for Chaos.

give it a damage link.

All damage inflicted to a affected enemy will be shared to other affected enemies. the source of the damage determines what % is transmitted.

Enemy inflicted damage is transmitted 100%

Allied weapon and ability damage is transmitted 5%

Nyxs Weapon damage is transmitted 10%, and damage from psychic bolts is transmitted 100%.

these damage values are affected by power strength, but cannot exceed 100%.

this change synergizes with her augment and teammates in a far greater fashion than before, evolving from a simple soft CC to a map wide Damage link on enemies.

if we are being honest, there are actually a few other abilities that can produce the exact same effect as Chaos but with far greater effects added on in addition.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

I got Nyx Prime 4 super cheap before unvault.  She has a couple of wicked skins coming.  I've been using her and she is hella squishy but fun.   Mine is set up for huge range/duration for her 3.   Its so satisfying watching the enemy rip each other to shreds.

Her 1 is worthless to me.  i try to hit ancient healers with it but they dont heal anyone lol.  Mind Bolt is nerfed to crap by my mods.  Those two abilities could be totally transformed.

Absord has potential.  You do draw aggro while using it to an extent but other enemies tend to ignore you.  It should draw all aggro within x meters.  All damage should be stored up and multiplied for explosion.   But stuff in her bubble should take a % of damage per second.   I'd have 2 augments just 4 absorb.  Double the range of pull/blast.  Double the damage done by bubble.  I want it to be more offense than cc.

Her 3 augment i need to try but it didnt sound that great.  Im sure duration is more important later but I think range is best stat for it.  Ensure u get max number of enemies fighting.  So her augment to have chaos linger isnt that exciting.  I'd rather make all squaddies in range invis,  buff squad, buff/debuff enemy(Faster/stronger but weaker).  Maybe while Nyx has enemies under the influence of chaos all damage done to her is transferred to those enemies.

But yeah Vlad turns enemies and when they die they leave behind landmines.  Hit 4 is a laser light show.   Nyx turns enemies and nothing happens when they die.  Her 4 is a charge up that lets be honest isnt very strong and hardly ever hits.  Other people are going to kill the enemies before u unload.