Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Overhaul] Archwing Ascension Rework

(PSN)VoidVox_

Summary: Its really no secret that archwing has fallen off to the side since its release. It gets the occasional new setting (sharkwing and skywing), and an attempt at revamping the controls, but overall, it doesn't get nearly the same care that most systems in warframe receive. This is a collection of possible changes and new content to make Archwing a fun and rewarding game mode. The goal is for archwing to fit in with the rest of warframe's gameplay, while also being overhauled into an engaging game mode that can be played all on it's own. 

Heavily work in progress! This is a very early draft.

-----

General Changes & Additions:
-Evasive maneuvers: when an enemy missile is homing in on the player, an audio warning plays and a warning meter appears on screen. The meter will fill as the missile grows closer. Just before impact, trigger an evasion by tapping dodge roll while moving in any direction. Successful execution will cause the missile to miss and explode harmlessly.

-‎Sprint change: Sprint toggle is now a flight mode toggle between Hover and jet modes. Hover mode functions the same as current regular speed archwing, for precise, steady movements. Jet mode would replace Sprint, and would keep you moving forward, like a jet, as well as restricting your weapons to only fire within a narrow range in front of you. The camera can still be moved around to view surroundings, but your targeting reticle will not follow. Using melee will revert to hover mode. 

-‎exilus slots on archwings (with new appropriate mods added)

-‎aura slots on archwings  (with new appropriate mods added)

-‎warframe aura mods no longer affect archwing mode

-‎(?) meter universal vacuum

-Arch-guns now have conventional reloads, though still have unlimited ammo.

----- 

Archwing Aura Mods:
-Firewall: +15% shield capacity

-‎Rubedo Plating: +15% armor

-‎Hardened Hull: +15% health

-‎Dwarf-Star Alloy: +25% arch-melee damage

-‎Nanite Repair: +4/s health regeneration rate

-‎Fusion Engine: +0.5/s energy regeneration rate

-‎Radial Disruption: -25% enemy shields

-‎Nanite Swarm: -25% enemy armor

-‎Combat Overlay: +(?) enemy radar

-‎Loot Overlay: +(?) loot radar

----- 

Archwing Exilus Mods:
-Inertial Restraint: reduces the drift that occurs upon releasing movement keys/stick, allowing precise maneuvers in tight spaces.

-Rapid-fire Thrusters: dodge maneuvers sped up by 50%

-‎Hyperion thrusters

----- 

Archwing Mods:
-Core Burn: +99% strength -55% efficiency

-‎Shielded Wiring: +99% duration -55% range

-‎Burst Engine: +99% range -55% strength

----- 

Arch-gun mods
-Mechanized Magazine: +50% reload speed -30% magazine capacity

-‎Overstocked Magazine: +50% magazine capacity -30% reload speed

Edited by (PS4)warhero229

• 1 month later...

Ok but what I would suggest is a moment bassed rework interly that's the one thing I don't like about arcwing the movement STILL sucks I want a system of movement that makes you feel more free like the movement today afterall you are a ninga but in arcwing I fill like all of my movement is limited to sprint and boost until I hit a wall (witch lasts about half a second) and die couse enemy's can't scaill anymore.....