The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Overhaul

_R1zzy_

I know there's been a ton of Limbo overhaul ideas, but I think mine is by far the least bs and it certainly wouldn't annoy anybody. My idea is to turn Limbo into an energy management frame, not dimension management. So let's go over his abilities and the main augment:

1 - Opens a 4-like rift that transfers enemies and frames within it to another dimension. The rift damages enemies over time and can be closed at any time at will by the Limbo. Players do not take or deal damage to enemies outside the rift.

2 - Slows down enemies within the rift, dealing cold damage.

3 - Increases damage dealt to enemies within the rift.

4 - Causes an explosion within the rift like the current 4 ability that deals a lot of damage.

Roll no longer makes you or anyone go to another dimension. The animation is still there, so that's cool, I guess.

Haven augment heals 25% of frame's total health upon entering the rift.

That's pretty much all to it. The point is to make his 1 great when you use it with combo, for instance 1, 2 and 3 to dps the boss without him attacking you back or 1, 4 to clear a ton of ads at the same time.

Now please don't kill me, Limbo mains or people who don't want to hear the word "Limbo" what-so-ever. He just needs a rework at least similar to this so he's less or no longer annoying and more helpful instead. The new Limbo would benefit from energy builds, btw.

Peace! <3

14 minutes ago, _R1zzy_ said:

He just needs a rework at least similar to this so he's less or no longer annoying and more helpful instead.

How does this rework make him less annoying? You just nerf his CC and buff his damage capabilities.

To each of my messages, I try to explain a lot of details, and that leads me to make gigantic texts, but for this time I'm going to do that simple ..

Limbo, no longer needs, rework, ever. '-'
He's perfect right now.

I don't like giving no detail..
but I have no choice, if I start the explanations on why he no longer needs rework, I will write 2 pages .. and I'm French, with Google translation, it takes me hours to do big texts >. <

5 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

How does this rework make him less annoying? You just nerf his CC and buff his damage capabilities.

Reading between the lines and putting words in the OP's mouth, it would seem that Tenno outside the Rift could damage enemies that are in the Rift, but not vice-versa.  The nerf of the CC would probably be to counter-balance that.  It's a pretty simple solution, and still better than what we have now with Rift Surge vs teammates.

Edit: OP says that "players do not take or deal damage to enemies outside the rift", but I assume that only applies while said players are inside the Rift.  OP did not say the reverse - that players outside the Rift do not deal or take damage to enemies inside the Rift.  OP also did not say players don't deal or take damage across planes, which would be simpler to say if that was the intent.

Edited by mactrent

4 hours ago, _R1zzy_ said:

1 - Opens a 4-like rift that transfers enemies and frames within it to another dimension. The rift damages enemies over time and can be closed at any time at will by the Limbo. Players do not take or deal damage to enemies outside the rift.

5 minutes ago, mactrent said:

Reading between the lines and putting words in the OP's mouth, it would seem that Tenno outside the Rift could damage enemies that are in the Rift, but not vice-versa

I would assume that if players in the rift can't shoot outside. Players outside can't shoot enemies inside.

5 hours ago, Azvalk said:

Limbo, no longer needs, rework, ever. '-'
He's perfect right now. 

The number of people saying "if you don't like it, don't play public" in other threads (either to Limbo or to potential unwitting teammates of Limbo) would seem to disagree with you, but here's a more substantive argument.

Rift Surge.  Hardly anyone uses it other than on solo.  Why?  Because its function is inherently troll-y, and it cannot be modded or directed to not be so (unlike some other powers such as Cataclysm or Molecular Prime).  The solution is not to use it, or to use it with such low duration and range that... you're just barely using it.  You can write as many arguments as you want about how good Limbo can be, but there's still this one ability that is certainly not perfect, and if that one were fixed, then Banish would be next on the list.

He's not "perfect"; nice Limbos don't use those abilities because they actively work against their teammates in most practical gameplay, and are still varying levels of annoying when they are even a little bit helpful.   "Perfect" would be powers that are actually even a tiny bit useful without working against your teammates.  I don't say OP's suggested change would be an improvement to his kit on balance (I quite like Rift Surge on solo), but Limbo's abilities could still use some team-friendly changes.  "Don't use them" is not perfect.

39 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i hate banshees soudnquakes in defense or dumb novas who use slow in the wrong missions
but i dont keep asking for a rework

They at least have a way of using those powers that doesn't actively hinder the team, unlike Limbo's 3.  I agree there's likely a much simpler solution than an entire rework, but hey, the more changes are suggested, the more little ideas they have to draw on for the few things that do need to change.

Nobody posts a rework and actually expects it to be in-game next update.  They expect the problems that they are addressing with the reworks to come to mind when the frame is next reviewed.  Even if such review only makes minor tweaks, they can make a big impact.  Atlas' Rubble (and subsequently making vacuum work on it) is a great example of a problem that had been pointed out, that DE fixed in a way likely nobody expected.  It's awesome, and I want the same for current Limbo's problems.

Shutting down anyone who points out potential problems (even if you don't think they're problems) isn't all that helpful.  Pointing out specific aspects that you like and would hate to see changed, or dislike about the suggestions and would hate to see implemented, at least contributes to the discussion.

Edited by mactrent