The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember on Eidolon hunting? Maybe not that bad idea

Raskol

So i revisited my old Ember to make some new build for her since WoF is annoyin nowadays and while doing research and stuff i noticed that she can provide quite a lot of heat buffs (which combine with other elementals for radiation)

1st and 2nd buff are from augments:

FireballFrenzy2FlashAccelerantMod

and the 3rd one is simply form shooting through her Fire Blast ring of fire

According to wiki and augment description Ember can provide 200% heat buff with no power strength mods (idk if they simply add or calculate some other way)

Its more than augmented Oberon or Volt, both 100% radiation/electric

But is even worth considering using Ember only for that huge dps buff? Oberon and Volt can do that a bit worse but as well and unlike Ember they have some other roles to play in the hunt

Imo bringing Ember for Eidolons could be good for some public/chill runs if ur tired of "Chroma-Harrow-Volt-Trin" meta

Edited by Raskolnikow

Would it be worth trying? Eh...maybe. Would it provide any meaningful addition to most people hunting? Not really since they're one shotting limbs anyway. Meta's usually become meta's for a reason and don't change unless the system driving that meta changes.

Ember will not replace Volt because Volt isn't picked for his 1 augment but for his shield to buff operator damage. And Oberon brings extra healing and status immunity in addition to his damage buff to the field.

So as long as she isn't buffing operator damage she won't be meta.

44 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Ember will not replace Volt because Volt isn't picked for his 1 augment but for his shield to buff operator damage. And Oberon brings extra healing and status immunity in addition to his damage buff to the field.

So as long as she isn't buffing operator damage she won't be meta.

Hope you read what i wrote not just topic, but will quote myself:

1 hour ago, Raskolnikow said:

Imo bringing Ember for Eidolons could be good for some public/chill runs if ur tired of "Chroma-Harrow-Volt-Trin" meta

Oberon and Volt are ofc better cause they are brought for other reasons than buffing dmg, but Ember gives bigger buff so she may be worth considering in non meta runs

25 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

I did some quick testing and I believe the 3rd ability does buff operator damage. Can someone else try it to confirm?

Was your test against an Eidolon, or just in general? Because in general, yes, it probably adds heat damage to the operator attacks. Against the snoozefests, I'd expect that they would just be immune to the extra heat damage anyhow.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Was your test against an Eidolon, or just in general? Because in general, yes, it probably adds heat damage to the operator attacks. Against the snoozefests, I'd expect that they would just be immune to the extra heat damage anyhow.

tested in simulacrum against random enemies. I would expect it to work against the eidolon too

Too bad that shield doesnt take extra dmg from heat :/

Also wondering if Fireball Frenzy could be charged and cast under your feet for self buff...

Edited by Raskolnikow

Well just checked, fire ring buff doesnt seem to apply to operator while shooting Eidolon but...

I did run high str build (328%) and suprisingly it wasnt that bad at all, was able to 1-3 shot limbs with sniper combo above x2

But i also have a good riven for Lanka so idk how much of it was riven and how much Ember buffs

Edited by Raskolnikow

Still better then f.e. Harrow using 1 ability with wrong Duration, especially for new to hunts and Pugs. Well set WoF will help you with charging Lures, saves charged Void Strike shots and prevent before Eidolon shield recharge with Vomvalysts.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099