The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what if nidus had a different for his infesting stomp

Deshiel

I always thought that an infestation based warframe would be more frenzy and primal based than Valkyr. So the current set of power partialy disappointed me for the lack in that department.

Instead of a stomp. Nidus should transform his arms to giant infested blades and instead of just pressing 1 to stomp a wave of enemies, he would have to lunge in between them and gain infestation stack from slashing them to death. Pretty much like Valkyr's razor claws work.

13 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

more frenzy and primal based than Valkyr

Her (Valkyr's) literal theme is "Rage" whilst Nidus is "infestation" which he does well. Valkyr is actually in need of work in comparison.

Nidus is plenty wild and frenzied with his maggots 2 and 1, just depends on how you look at it.

Maybe Garuda will be their sweet love child and give you the Prototype dream you so wish for.

Nidus is disease themed. He uses the infestation to do his bidding. Valkyr is visceral and rage based, and similar to a big cat like a mountain lion or a lynx. Disease is much less frenzied than a beast. Nidus does his theme well, the same with Valkyr. I look forward to Garuda, because she will be the cold, indifferent version of Valkyr. More elegant. 

So instead of the stomp, he would get Excal's Slash Dash/ Valkyr's Hysteria. And instead of pressing 1 to stomp, he should press 1 or e to slash the enemies.
I don't see much improvement. The others said, why Nidus does his theme well, and why it's pointless to make him an other Valkyr.
Plus I like how his 1 looks, I would not like to see an other exalted melee weapon/ charge in ability like Rhino's Charge, Atlas's Landslide, Excal's Slash Dash etc. We have plenty of those.

On 2018-07-24 at 3:26 AM, Deshiel said:

I always thought that an infestation based warframe would be more frenzy and primal based than Valkyr.

Valkyr destroys, Nidus consumes. Nidus assimilates. Nidus evolves

That said,

On 2018-07-24 at 3:26 AM, Deshiel said:

he would have to lunge in between them and gain infestation stack from slashing them to death

I'm not opposed to this reskinned Slash Dash idea on principle, he can still do the other things with this idea

On 2018-07-24 at 5:26 AM, Deshiel said:

I always thought that an infestation based warframe would be more frenzy and primal based than Valkyr. So the current set of power partialy disappointed me for the lack in that department.

Instead of a stomp. Nidus should transform his arms to giant infested blades and instead of just pressing 1 to stomp a wave of enemies, he would have to lunge in between them and gain infestation stack from slashing them to death. Pretty much like Valkyr's razor claws work.

You're describing what the Infestation can become. Valkyr is already a manifestation of that. Excalibur literally manifests his own energy blade. Maybe they could have a frame with exalted Tonfas as an effect for your desired idea. Garuda looks cool.

Nidus is not about pushing those limits or being feral like normal infestation, he's all about control. He decides where and when it spreads, he has more in common with someone like Ember in the sense that where she throws fire, he throws infestation.

And adorable maggots of course. I want a maggot "noggle" except it's an actual maggot that just stays in one spot and wiggles, changes to match your Nidus if you have one.

Edited by Beartornado

20 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

And adorable maggots of course. I want a maggot "noggle" except it's an actual maggot that just stays in one spot and wiggles, changes to match your Nidus if you have one.

I want this.