The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute - Primed mod

Swiftroph

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Look at it from a perspective of someone who has put the time in rather than someone who doesn't have something.  You've just got primed sure footed (ignore the fact it's pretty pointless), that's 900 days of logging in daily but with most of the changes being suggested here the most a new user would take to get the same item would be 450 days, in some cases it could be as little as 50 or 100 days....some 'newbie' has just got something that you've been 'grinding' for for nearly 3 years in 1.5 years or even just 1/6th of a year.  Doesn't exactly seem fair to the person who's been grinding all that time does it.

yes this is true but there are a lot of people like me that are not new players, i got 3000+ hours, i got almost everything in game and I spent a lot of real money just to support the game that I like, when I can I usually play for 10, 12 hours a day and there are a lot of people who login, close the game and play something else and they are at 900+ days, why? I don't care much about the stuff that there is now, except maybe for the primary and the melee weapon but you never know what they can put into this in the future.

a couple of weeks ago I was in a public defence and I threw my zenistar disc over the pod, a dude wrote me "what's that?" I said him it's a melee weapon, if you want it you have to login every day for almost a year, he didn't believed me and called me a troll 🙂

I played other games in the past, mostly guild wars 2 and black desert and I remember the login rewards for both was very exiting, almost every day usefull stuff and time limited at 30 days, repetable, here you got pretty much nothing for 49 days, then you got a reward and again nothing for other 49 days and it's impossible to catch up with other players who (not talking about you) only put the effort to login every day. for me it's just stupid

Edited by dielemon

4 minutes ago, dielemon said:

yes this is true but there are a lot of people like me that are not new players, i got 3000+ hours, i got almost everything in game and I spent a lot of real money just to support the game that I like, when I can I usually play for 10, 12 hours a day and there are a lot of people who login, close the game and play something else and they are at 900+ days, why? I don't care much about the stuff that there is now, except maybe for the primary and the melee weapon but you never know what they can put into this login system.

a couple of weeks ago I was in a public defence and I threw my zenistar disc over the pod, a dude wrote me "what's that?" I said him it's a melee weapon, if you want it you have to login every day for almost a year, he didn't believed me and called me a troll 🙂

I played other games in the past, mostly guild wars 2 and black desert and I remember the login rewards for both was very exiting, almost every day usefull stuff and time limited at 30 days, repetable, here you got pretty much nothing for 49 days, then you got a reward and again nothing for other 49 days and it's impossible to catch up with other players who (not talking about you) only put the effort to login every day. for me it's just stupid

Then maybe DE should change the primed mods and login weapons to 'hours played rewards' instead, the game measures the time you spend in missions already so the data is there, might need a tweak to prevent afking though.

It would work with those that have taken a break while maintaining the 'amount of time' invested for many (like I say most people with the rewards still play the game), would prevent those who are just 'trolling' their friend.  I'd say on average most people spend around 2.5 hours in the game a day so they could convert the say rewards into hour rewards so 50 days would be 50x2.5 hours so 125 hours, 800 days would be 2000 hours etc.  Those who are 'legacy' players who took a break or veterans would already be at a high number of hours, new players would in all likelihood level up quicker as if anything like me played longer when the game was 'new'. 

To save on the 'poor rewards' between they could then revamp daily rewards into something 'useful' like resources but scaled based on MR or similar.  Or adjust them so that the longer you've been playing the more relevant the rewards become, so mr25 would get kuva etc which is more useful than a rubedo etc

1 hour ago, jd2fs said:

Where's the grind??? It's just reward for artificially being in the game by login and logout. The flaw in the system is that you can't even grind to catchup to the lost time.... 

Yes, how dare DE not have a solution for Time Travel.... /s

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Then maybe DE should change the primed mods and login weapons to 'hours played rewards' instead, the game measures the time you spend in missions already so the data is there, might need a tweak to prevent afking though.

It would work with those that have taken a break while maintaining the 'amount of time' invested for many (like I say most people with the rewards still play the game), would prevent those who are just 'trolling' their friend.  I'd say on average most people spend around 2.5 hours in the game a day so they could convert the say rewards into hour rewards so 50 days would be 50x2.5 hours so 125 hours, 800 days would be 2000 hours etc.  Those who are 'legacy' players who took a break or veterans would already be at a high number of hours, new players would in all likelihood level up quicker as if anything like me played longer when the game was 'new'. 

To save on the 'poor rewards' between they could then revamp daily rewards into something 'useful' like resources but scaled based on MR or similar.  Or adjust them so that the longer you've been playing the more relevant the rewards become, so mr25 would get kuva etc which is more useful than a rubedo etc

This seems plausible.  I've long been a supporter of the time vs logins debate.  It's tough because no matter what, players always find a way to cheese it....which is unfortunate, but out of DE's hands...however, this idea would seem more in line with proper representation of "time invested"

il y a 46 minutes, dielemon a dit :

in my opinion something like this will works a lot better, for new players and veteran as well, you get something useful everyday and the more you login the better stuff you get

wi0zlj.jpg

All praise from me.

I don't know why some here regard loging in to actual effort/spent time. 

You don't have much of an effort involved which is why this login systems cannot be regarded to as dedication. 

BTW i like the last idea for a revamp like scaling ressources and stuff, also i am fairly new (started november last year) and I never cared about the primed mods involved in the login system i am approoaching 1k actual play time and the login rewards always just appeared to me as a goodie next to playing the game while yes the System is bad you can't just let players skip several 100 days because you are new to the game. 

In my opinion they should change the rewards and make primed mods/weapons play time rewards. 

Cosmetics should stay in the system though 

the primed mods rewarded through the dailys are rather unappealing in my oppinion. primed fury is really godd but you get that one quite early. i wouldnt really use primed vigor on anything though as life and shields are pretty useless unless you have a lot of armor. you die against a lvl 80 in a few hits either way. with primed shred its just that i think shred is already a good mod and primed shred just a slight increase that really doesnt matter that much

On 2018-07-27 at 11:37 AM, dielemon said:

in my opinion something like this will works a lot better, for new players and veteran as well, you get something useful everyday and the more you login the better stuff you get

wi0zlj.jpg

While I wouldn't say no to a decent kuva drop in login rewards they're not going to add in warframe slots, exilus adapter,s potatoes and longer period boosters onto a 30 day cycle (they're the '50' rewards and 100 days apart currently) as it would just eat into their platinum sales.  In fact I doubt they'd add in nitain either as that's one of their time sinks to encourage you to buy an item with platinum. 

Riven mods I doubt would be added either, it's 850 days to get 3 rivens currently.

On 2018-07-27 at 1:22 PM, GeneralUse said:

I don't know why some here regard loging in to actual effort/spent time.

Because a lot of people don't actually want to put the effort in even though they keep saying it's such an easy thing to do...it's not as easy as you think to login daily for nearly 3 years non stop hence why some people want to make it easier. 

On 2018-07-29 at 10:47 PM, LSG501 said:

While I wouldn't say no to a decent kuva drop in login rewards they're not going to add in warframe slots, exilus adapter,s potatoes and longer period boosters onto a 30 day cycle (they're the '50' rewards and 100 days apart currently) as it would just eat into their platinum sales.  In fact I doubt they'd add in nitain either as that's one of their time sinks to encourage you to buy an item with platinum. 

it was just an example to get a non rng login system, I don't think 2 potatoes per month will ruin their business, we got alerts almost 3 times per week lately