The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope we never get Chroma Prime.

(PSN)Miriromi

Primes were the first variants of their kind, according to lore.

All warframes have sentience, personalities of their own. Umbra is unique because he also has some memory leftover from his time before he was a warframe. 

Quest frames unless specifically stated in their quests may not be the first variants of their kind.

Since some quests say that some frames were designed not by the orokin but by others, or leave no doubt that the frame in the quest is the original, DE may change the lore on Primes for these and say either the orokin took the frame and remade it in their style, or an artist of a later period or current artist decided to remake the frame in the orokin style. Or they may do an asspull and when its time for these frames to be primed they could claim that new data was found on the frames and they uncovered the true original depictions. 

Edited by Sannleikur

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

second off: they proved that primes aren’t 100% lore friends with Valkyr prime. So no matter what their origins we’re getting an prominence styled prime for every frame

Said by everyone who doesn't have a decent level of knowledge of the lore.

1 minute ago, Dallyoop said:

How bout you enlighten us on Valkyr's lore? 

Valkyr's base appearance is the result of Alad V's experimentation but her previous appearance was that of her Gersemi skin. However this does not imply that she didn't have a Prime appearance. Gersemi is never stated to be her original Orokin crafted variation. It was just the variation that was captured by Alad V for his experiments.

4 hours ago, tyranno66 said:

DE will not miss out on the money that Chroma prime will bring. Also, umbra aren't prime warframes. They're not interchangeable.

you realize that de intentially removed a microtransaction because it was being used to much and look at umbra they just as easially could have made umbra prime access but they didnt for the most part DE is nonprofit

7 minutes ago, TheEnderboss said:

you realize that de intentially removed a microtransaction because it was being used to much and look at umbra they just as easially could have made umbra prime access but they didnt for the most part DE is nonprofit

They still need to make money and there is no moral reason to not make Chroma Prime. DE is not nonprofit. They just make most of their money through Prime Access and cosmetics.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Miriromi said:

You're right, Chroma in and of itself should be an Umbra by default in my mind.

So I know this reply may sound toxic, but it really irks me when people ignore the lore of the game to push their own agenda. This one here being you're ignoring the entire lore of the game to try to rationalize getting another Umbra frame so soon.

If your reason behind this post is because you want Chroma to run around fighting with you while you're in operator mode, then by default any frame should be able to do this, as established in 'The Second Dream' quest, every frame has sentience, which is why the Stalker killed his Operator and in turn got stabbed by your Warframe when he was choking you out at the end in your ship. If you recall, your operator needed his hand on the Warframe in order to move it. However, by the end of the mission your Warframe pulls the sword out of it's chest, stands up, and stabs the Stalker in an effort to save you, there was no connection at the time.

So, what makes an Umbra Warframe an 'Umbra.' It's less on what they're able to do and more about how they're made. Excalibur was turned from a Dax soldier, call him human or Orokin, into a Warframe. The 'Umbra' is a new breed of Warframes. As well as 'Umbra' Warframes are made to kill Sentinels and Orokin, as was Ballas' objective since Umbra Excal was made to be given to Hunhow, as Ballas was betraying the Orokin.

So be patient, stop encouraging people to want more Umbra frames, because they'll get to it when they get to it, and the lore to Umbra Warframes is new, and if you paid attention to the game so far you would understand, but altering lore and basing the premise of an Umbra Warframe on 'sentience' is asinine.

Also, as far as prime frames and breaking the mold on that lore with mirage and others, I'm hearing that the difference between prime and normal frames was announced in a Dev stream?

If someone can link or direct me into a more extensive and official discussion of this I can respond, but based off the information I gathered from this post and what little I found online. Prime frames served in the orokin era while normal frames are made by tenno, I don't believe that it's too far fetched to presume that either:

A. Tenno eventually create a prime version of a frame, seeing as how some orokin tech is still around.

B. There may be a Orokin that still lives who creates these new found frames as prime versions seeing as how there is still a war going about.

If I get more information I'll update my theory as I can.

Edited by (XB1)BKRS Veeco

18 minutes ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

If your reason behind this post is because you want Chroma to run around fighting with you while you're in operator mode, then by default any frame should be able to do this, as established in 'The Second Dream' quest, every frame has sentience, which is why the Stalker killed his Operator and in turn got stabbed by your Warframe when he was choking you out at the end in your ship. If you recall, your operator needed his hand on the Warframe in order to move it. However, by the end of the mission your Warframe pulls the sword out of it's chest, stands up, and stabs the Stalker in an effort to save you, there was no connection at the time.

wait.....rewind....

Did I miss the Special Edition with added cinema for doing the Second Dream after the launch?

Cuz I have no idea this ever happened....or I am from a different tangent universe where NONE of that happened in my SecDream run through...

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Well, lore-wise I said the same thing about Valkyr Prime.

It works if you consider that the extreme torture endured by the Valkyr captured by Alad V could leave permanent mental scarring/changes on the Valkyr's specific strain of Infestation for when she's recreated within our Orbiter, even her variants.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Miriromi said:

Now hold on! Hear me out. I'm not saying we shouldn't get an Orokin style Chroma, I'm saying Chroma PRIME would be an odd choice to me.

I disagree. Chroma is a warframe that was designed by Ballas, just like all frames we currently know of. I'd like to think the non-Prime frames are actually re-designs done by Lotus, the Tenno themselves, or even simply the result of degradation over time, resulting in imperfect recreations once we finally rediscover them. For that matter, seeing as Chroma seems likely to have survived on his own over our thousand-year sleep... the frame itself could simply have degraded from aging/lack of upkeep.

Just because we found a "wild" Chroma doesn't necessarily mean that Chroma couldn't have been non-wild before, nor not been more Orokin-influenced in his original design before degrading over time.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

too late to say no to Chroma Prime, by now his design is likely finished and he's confirmed to be next. the only things I want to know are:

- will his kit get tweaked? Effigy still uses up way too much energy for little to no benefit, and Toxin Chroma (which I bet most of you forgot existed until you started reading this) is basically useless. I'd also like them to get rid of his energy colour being tied to his element; it's a hindrance to fashionframe, and there's no reason DE can't just give him the Vauban/Ivara/Khora treatment and let you switch elements on the fly, or if that's too OP, add it into the arsenal as something we can switch between while customizing our Chroma.

- what will he look like? wasn't a fan of Dynasty Chroma, but still got high hopes for a fiercer-looking Dragon theme on Chroma Prime. Limbo Prime was pretty good so I'd say the designers are still on point. hopefully we'll get a reveal that gives us answers.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

too late to say no to Chroma Prime, by now his design is likely finished and he's confirmed to be next. the only things I want to know are:

- will his kit get tweaked? Effigy still uses up way too much energy for little to no benefit, and Toxin Chroma (which I bet most of you forgot existed until you started reading this) is basically useless. I'd also like them to get rid of his energy colour being tied to his element; it's a hindrance to fashionframe, and there's no reason DE can't just give him the Vauban/Ivara/Khora treatment and let you switch elements on the fly, or if that's too OP, add it into the arsenal as something we can switch between while customizing our Chroma.

- what will he look like? wasn't a fan of Dynasty Chroma, but still got high hopes for a fiercer-looking Dragon theme on Chroma Prime. Limbo Prime was pretty good so I'd say the designers are still on point. hopefully we'll get a reveal that gives us answers.

I've heard Toxin Chroma is actually the highest DPS option, while Fire now is the best for EHP instead of Frost. It's Electric that's basically useless.

Frankly, my problem is the design of the breath, how situational Elemental Ward is, and how his element choice REALLY only matters for Elemental Ward.
I also, frankly, think that Vex Armor should provide a third self-buff based on damage you deal, or based on getting crits/status procs, for some kind of self-healing option.

Effigy is certainly not well-designed.
I also agree on the energy color problem.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

wait.....rewind....

Did I miss the Special Edition with added cinema for doing the Second Dream after the launch?

Cuz I have no idea this ever happened....or I am from a different tangent universe where NONE of that happened in my SecDream run through...

Okay I do remember now that the lotus saved you at the end, not your Warframe, but the point of the stalker gaining sentience and killing his operator still stands. To which still leads to the warframes having a sentience.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

Well you can go replay that whole section of the story, which sure I may be wrong about all of it taking place just in the second dream, but yeah it all did happen.

And maybe before running your mouth, check your stuff, cause I just went from the beginning to the umbra finish on my PC last month, so yes I experienced it twice.

Okay....we are in different universes.

When I just watched it on YouTube, my Warframe did not stand up and stab the Stalker. It broke War and the feedback made Stalker bug out then pop.

Who knew Warframe had 2 different sequences to the Tenno reveal in the ship?

Thanks for confirming there are 2 versions....I wonder how I get to see your version?

Oh yeah....I didn't run my mouth...I ran my fingers over letters....HUGE DIFF.

Cheers mate

Edited by (XB1)DShinShoryuken
Run the keys

9 minutes ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

Well you can go replay that whole section of the story, which sure I may be wrong about all of it taking place just in the second dream, but yeah it all did happen.

And maybe before running your mouth, check your stuff, cause I just went from the beginning to the umbra finish on my PC last month, so yes I experienced it twice.

Sadly you are wrong on the course of events. All the warframe did was pull the War out of itself as a distraction, then fall limp.

7 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Sadly you are wrong on the course of events. All the warframe did was pull the War out of itself as a distraction, then fall limp.

Yeah I realized I lied to myself about the Warframe stabbing the stalker, or I mixed memories of Warframe events with another game or whatever, but warframes do in general show sentience without the need of an operator.

But chroma doesn't deserve an umbra frame based on sentience, and sentience is not what makes a frame umbra.

And rather than this guy running his mouth about it not happening he could've typed a correction of my semi-false claim, but instead he's too busy trying to blow a gasket.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)BKRS Veeco said:

Yeah I realized I lied to myself about the Warframe stabbing the stalker, or I mixed memories of Warframe events with another game or whatever, but warframes do in general show sentience without the need of an operator.

But chroma doesn't deserve an umbra frame based on sentience, and sentience is not what makes a frame umbra.

And rather than this guy running his mouth about it not happening he could've typed a correction of my semi-false claim, but instead he's too busy trying to blow a gasket.

To also segway, your point about stalker is sadly unconfirmed at best, false at worst