The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope we never get Chroma Prime.

(PSN)Miriromi

On 2018-07-31 at 8:00 AM, Oreades said:

I really just don't get the whole Prime/Umbra divide

"I don't want Umbras~"

"I don't want Primes~"

Who cares? Just kindly accept your McGuffin and move on. 

My feelings exactly. The Primes (which DE have confirmed that we are gonna get a Prime for every Warframe) are gonna happen regardless. Umbras are gonna take a while since they're probably gonna have to cherrypick them and the ability tweaks. It will upset the community because every frame is someone's favorite. But that's something we'll all have to deal with when the time comes.

18 hours ago, Atsia said:

You don't know that. You CAN'T know that unless you somehow have access to their systems to see how many people buy prime access in the 3 months it's available.

i asked my 100+ daily member   moon clan and the majority said they would rather farm

24 minutes ago, TheEnderboss said:

i asked my 100+ daily member   moon clan and the majority said they would rather farm

You do know there are 20+ million players registered, right? And even if only around 100k are online daily, that still less than 1% of the daily players. Just asking your clean means LITERALLY NOTHING for any general statistic. There's absolutely no reason for DE to remove prime access, having it only benefits DE.

On 2018-08-03 at 6:08 PM, Atsia said:

You do know there are 20+ million players registered, right? And even if only around 100k are online daily, that still less than 1% of the daily players. Just asking your clean means LITERALLY NOTHING for any general statistic. There's absolutely no reason for DE to remove prime access, having it only benefits DE.

clean
klēn/
adjective

1. 1.
    free from dirt, marks, or stains. 

You cant physically ask clean something as it is not a person.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎26 at 10:40 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Well, lore-wise I said the same thing about Valkyr Prime.

And there’s no going back on retconning Valkyr, Valkyr Prime, and Gersemi.

Have fun explaining Chroma Prime, but I feel that The Sacrifice questline already explains what Prime warframes are and future Primes in the making.

I too am on this boat. If all Frame's have a Prime & Valkyr's prime is based off her Tortured look...then....
Allad V either is:
A. A time traveler who captured her during the Old War
B. Has the power to change canon via super 4th Wall Powers
C. Somehow caught the Original Valkyr & the Gersemi skin is NOT Lore.

Either way if folks think the Prime Warframe situation is bad with Valkyr...
Codename: Vlad is even worse.

An Eidolon based Warframe?
So Eidolons existed back in The Old War?
The Orokin somehow studied them & decided to make a Eidolon Warframe?
The loremaster in me is shrieking at the top of his lungs.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I too am on this boat. If all Frame's have a Prime & Valkyr's prime is based off her Tortured look...then....
Allad V either is:
A. A time traveler who captured her during the Old War
B. Has the power to change canon via super 4th Wall Powers
C. Somehow caught the Original Valkyr & the Gersemi skin is NOT Lore.

D. Valkyr Prime look is not based off her tortured look. I mean, how does this looks tortured:

latest?cb=20180316165322

That could be a suit akin to this:

Spoiler

1118full-markie-post.jpg

On top her head is a crown. Look quite regal to me.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The Sentients are what the Orokin fought during the Old War, ergo Sentients exist during the Old War.

Eidolon is the name of one among many Sentients that fought the Warframes (Gara specifically), so Eidolon Sentient did exist during the Old War.

Also, Eidolon doesn't have to mean the Eidolon Sentient. It could also mean the Greek word Eidolon, which means spirit. Which is also the basis for naming the Sentient Eidolon.

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

D. Valkyr Prime look is not based off her tortured look. I mean, how does this looks tortured:

It is based on it. As it looks NOTHING like her Gersemi skin but looks like Player (base) Valkyr which is tortured.
I'm at work & on break but these PCs don't let me post photos in easily. I'll try in an edit.

latest?cb=20180316165322 compared to 291?cb=20141124023346  vs 241?cb=20151009071257

Actually having posted those photos...
Prime looks like a cross between both...
Oy Vey...this has gotten complicated.
It keeps the Chest plate, Leg design, & to some extent some of the face of Gersemi (Non-Torture), but the Shoulders, Gauntlets/Auxiliary, and leg, arm features of Post Torture...

I'm not sure what to make of this now...

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

The Sentients are what the Orokin fought during the Old War, ergo Sentients exist during the Old War.

Eidolon is the name of one among many Sentients that fought the Warframes (Gara specifically), so Eidolon Sentient did exist during the Old War.

Also, Eidolon doesn't have to mean the Eidolon Sentient. It could also mean the Greek word Eidolon, which means spirit. Which is also the basis for naming the Sentient Eidolon.

Eidolons are not a standard Sentient unit. The Eidolons on the Plains came to be AFTER Gara destroyed a Huge Sentient & their existent is a mystery.
All the other defeated Sentients didn't turn into Eidolons after all.

When Gara blew it up all it's fragments eventually reawoke as the Eidolons.
Now true, we don't know if she destroyed it during the Old War or After.
It comes across as an "After" the war event as she did it to protect Cetus. Something The Orokin would not have ordered/approved as they were too busy with self preservation.
Remember they essentially sacrificed civilians to the Infestation because the civilians were expendable.

The Eidolons themselves are basically Sentient Zombies trying to reform themselves into the giant Sentient they once all comprised.
So yeah. Vlad makes no sense currently.
I'm guessing DE will throw in some Lore about Eidolons that existed before Cetus' issue arose. But I call foul play/cop-out on that one.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Actually having posted those photos...
Prime looks like a cross between both...
Oy Vey...this has gotten complicated.
It keeps the Chest plate, Leg design, & to some extent some of the face of Gersemi (Non-Torture), but the Shoulders, Gauntlets/Auxiliary, and leg, arm features of Post Torture...

I'm not sure what to make of this now...

Honestly though, I wouldn't take too much meaning from the Deluxe skin. If we want to take Gersemi as hard-canon, then Dark Sector is also in heavy contention from Excal Proto Skin.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Eidolons are not a standard Sentient unit. The Eidolons on the Plains came to be AFTER Gara destroyed a Huge Sentient & their existent is a mystery.
All the other defeated Sentients didn't turn into Eidolons after all.

When Gara blew it up all it's fragments eventually reawoke as the Eidolons.
Now true, we don't know if she destroyed it during the Old War or After.
It comes across as an "After" the war event as she did it to protect Cetus. Something The Orokin would not have ordered/approved as they were too busy with self preservation.
Remember they essentially sacrificed civilians to the Infestation because the civilians were expendable.

The Eidolons themselves are basically Sentient Zombies trying to reform themselves into the giant Sentient they once all comprised.
So yeah. Vlad makes no sense currently.
I'm guessing DE will throw in some Lore about Eidolons that existed before Cetus' issue arose. But I call foul play/cop-out on that one.

The Eidolons on the Plain are fragments of a defeated Sentient, yes. But that doesn't mean they never were like that or resembling that before. We have no idea how they act or looked like before Gara blew them up.

Hunhow also mentioned that the Conculyst and Battalyst we saw are his fragments, so...

Orokins are jerks, we all know that much. But that won't be the first time a Tenno/Warframe disobeyed orders or rebelled during the Orokin rule. Inaros, anyone?

Also, you didn't answer my response it could be based from the Greek word Eidolon, not necessarily from the Eidolon Sentient.

9 hours ago, TheEnderboss said:
clean
klēn/
adjective

1. 1.
    free from dirt, marks, or stains. 

You cant physically ask clean something as it is not a person.

Goddamn phone keyboard. You know I meant asking your clan.

Alad V is a time traveler. Or rather, there are two Alad Vs since Mutalist Alad V is still out and about (especially when he becomes the Sortie target for whatever reason) and the regular Alad V was recently shown as being part of the Shadow Debt campaign.

The lore in Warframe is weird and inconsistent.

On 2018-07-26 at 10:34 AM, (PS4)Miriromi said:

Now hold on! Hear me out. I'm not saying we shouldn't get an Orokin style Chroma, I'm saying Chroma PRIME would be an odd choice to me.

Chroma Umbra, would be better. When we do Chroma's quest they are acting on their own like Umbra did. There was no Tenno, Simaris would have noticed Sentient tinkering I'm sure, and I highly doubt infested was involved.

So what if nothing was controlling Chroma except themselves? I think that would be the case. In fact I'm surprised we can't have Chroma act without our transference like Umbra does.

Thoughts?

He is the next prime frame that is all. After him should be Mesa Prime then Equinox prime

Chroma Umbra....

chro·ma
ˈkrōmə/
noun
  1. purity or intensity of color.
um·bra
ˈəmbrə/
noun
  1. the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.
    • ASTRONOMY
      the dark central part of a sunspot.
    • literary
      shadow or darkness.

So you want colorful shadows? Or intense shading?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Alad V is a time traveler. Or rather, there are two Alad Vs since Mutalist Alad V is still out and about (especially when he becomes the Sortie target for whatever reason) and the regular Alad V was recently shown as being part of the Shadow Debt campaign.

The lore in Warframe is weird and inconsistent.

I'm pretty sure @Thaylien has explained Valkyr fits into lore (sorry for the ping, and if I'm wrong)

10 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Also, you didn't answer my response it could be based from the Greek word Eidolon, not necessarily from the Eidolon Sentient.

Sorry. I overlooked that line.

Hmm. I suppose that's a fair theory actually. As Eidolons are the revenents/spirits of a deceased Sentient.

We do need a distinction between Fragments & Eidolons since you mentioned Hunhow's Fragments.

Is it a size issue? Power? Matter of creation?

Anyways (we are WAY off topic) we should probably stop haha.

On 2018-08-08 at 7:20 PM, Atsia said:

I'm pretty sure @Thaylien has explained Valkyr fits into lore (sorry for the ping, and if I'm wrong)

I did, and Hi, what's this all about guys?

For things I can see on this page of the thread so far, there are people pointing out that Valkyr Prime, the Gersemi Deluxe Skin and the base Valkyr seem to 'prove' that the lore is inconsistent?

Not the case, people get all upset about the line in the Gersemi's description 'Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.' which they bend all out of shape to say 'this is exactly how Valkyr looked before Alad V'.

Listen guys, The Sacrifice cleared up a lot of crap out of these arguments. Here, what we know and what it means:

Spoiler

1. Warframes existed before the Tenno, Ballas and his project created them all as the Primes.

2. All Warframes are created using the Helminth strain of the Infested, using a live person as the base, in order to create different types of Warframe. This is supported in the Mirage Prime trailer, where a 'subject' was able to twist the result of the infestation's transformation to get the results they wanted.

3. There were other variations of Warframes created afterwards. The very fact that we create an Umbra warframe in our own foundry and it's identical to the one that Ballas destroyed on Earth shows that our Foundry is basically creating clones of the Warframes in question. That's more or less what Helminth itself is doing on our ship; creating and maintaining the biological components of our Warframes.

(As a side note, it's fairly clear that Umbra was created when Ballas tried to turn one of his political enemies into a Warframe to silence him and torture him, he used the Excalibur version, but whoever the Dax was that became Umbra, his mind was strong enough to warp the base Excal functions, turning Radial Blind into Radial Howl, and gaining an effect against his enemies; the Sentients.)

4. Any warframe created that is not a Prime is basically the 'production model' of the Warframe, the same powers, but different looks and lesser physical stats in most cases. They were probably created by loosely cloning the Primes and using inferior tech for mass production. The Variants or Skins we can attach are literally because the external armour of the infestation is at least marginally malleable, able to be constructed in slightly different ways.

5. This is why, when Alad V basically got hold of a Valkyr and messed around with it, he took it apart and put it back together to make it look like it does now.

6. What this means is that our source of the 'production model' blueprints is Alad V's busted-up version of Valkyr, not the original. The Gersemi is a variant, just like all the other Deluxe Skins are variants (as we see in The Silver Grove, the Deluxe variants of Loki, Saryn and Oberon existed enough that they were able to be summoned as Spectre Units to defend the Grove).

7. What we have never seen in game is the actual production model Valkyr. The point between the Prime and Alad V's experiments, there's a lost blueprint somewhere.

There is no lore breaking with the Gersemi and Prime Valkyr.

Even frames like Nidus and Harrow, where we get their blueprints from specific places, are where the Production model of a Warframe was taken and used by the regular people, like the colony of humans living among the Infested, knowing that the Helminth strain keeps them protected because, and the Red Veil giving Rell a Harrow frame to place himself into when his body failed.

The Sacrifice just flat-out told us how it all fits together, so there's really no argument anymore.

On 2018-08-07 at 11:16 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I actually think the Revenant most likely would've come from a soldier that was either badly injured (crippled) or killed by a Sentient attack that left him heavily afflicted with Sentient energy, and then was given the Helminth strain afterwards to become a Warframe... that could wield Sentient energy. Hence, Eidolon Warframe.

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I actually think the Revenant most likely would've come from a soldier that was either badly injured (crippled) or killed by a Sentient attack that left him heavily afflicted with Sentient energy, and then was given the Helminth strain afterwards to become a Warframe... that could wield Sentient energy. Hence, Eidolon Warframe.

thats a good theory!

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Yes it is. The reason the Hema has such a high research cost is because of the Nidus bundle being available for Plat, generating revenue for DE.

Inaccurate. The official reason is because a bunch of clans speed fed the research and devs wanted to honor that commitment they did. 

Not a very good reason, but its the actual truth.

Have to agree with the premise of the thread, chroma had one of the best skins in the game, but play wise his abilities were a gigantic dud, when a use was finally found for it, they neutered him...who neuters a 99 year old man on his deathbed?  DE?

On 2018-07-27 at 4:08 AM, Zavenosk said:

They're prime'ing warframes in relative chronological order.  The next three in line are Mesa, Chroma and Equinox, but they're likely to release Chroma next since they've since switched from male-female-male-female to male-male-female-female-male-male-female-female.

It's always been male, male, female female. 

It went excal prime, frost prime, mag prime, ember prime, rhino prime, Loki Prime and so on.