The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope we never get Chroma Prime.

(PSN)Miriromi

On 2018-08-08 at 5:16 AM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

An Eidolon based Warframe?
So Eidolons existed back in The Old War?
The Orokin somehow studied them & decided to make a Eidolon Warframe?
The loremaster in me is shrieking at the top of his lungs.

Just as a point, the Loremaster in you should be going 'Of course, why wouldn't they think of this?'

The Orokin created the Sentients.

The Sentients, the Infestation and the Warframes were all created by the Orokin in that order.

First came the Sentients, who were created as giant Terraforming and adaptive machine life in order for them to be sent to the Tau system and make it habitable for the Orokin. The Sentints, however, got to the Tau system and realised that the Orokin had completely ruined the Sol system and decided that they weren't going to let the Orokin ruin Tau as well. So Hunhow and Natah returned to the Sol system, suffering the Void's damage to their systems and becoming unable to reproduce, and turning on the Orokin to try and destroy them.

The Sentients are giant hippy activists...

Next the Orokin invented the Infestation, a purely biological, hive-mind led species that would be able to adapt to the Sentients and destroy them... of course the Infested developed too well and became rampant, turning on their masters like any good created abomination should.

Finally, to fight the Infested, Ballas found that the Helminth strain could be combined with live subjects to create the Warframes, strong enough to take on the Infestation, and fitted with Transference Bolts to control them with their minds so they couldn't, in theory, turn on their masters.

Of course, the Warframes became uncontrollable and were almost completely shut down... until the Tenno came along.

The Tenno, with innate Transference, were able to jump in and 'control' the Warframes by merging their minds with the Warframe bodies. It was a complete accident, and only by combining a Tenno with a Warframe were either considered useful. But in combination, the two beings became even more than the sum of their parts.

So, considering the Old War was actually happening long before the Tenno existed... Of course Ballas would try to create a Warframe from the Sentient's own technology. They were trying everything they could, just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what stuck.

Thus, the 'Eidolon' themed frame? Absolutely. Of course. Why would they not have created one to see how it would work?

10 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Inaccurate. The official reason is because a bunch of clans speed fed the research and devs wanted to honor that commitment they did. 

Not a very good reason, but its the actual truth.

The exact line given to us by Rebecca on the issue was: "Sometimes we have to think like a company."

On 2018-08-07 at 11:16 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I too am on this boat. If all Frame's have a Prime & Valkyr's prime is based off her Tortured look...then....
Allad V either is:
A. A time traveler who captured her during the Old War
B. Has the power to change canon via super 4th Wall Powers
C. Somehow caught the Original Valkyr & the Gersemi skin is NOT Lore.

Either way if folks think the Prime Warframe situation is bad with Valkyr...

Glossed over this, but I still stand by what I said earlier in this thread:

On 2018-07-26 at 6:27 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

It works if you consider that the extreme torture endured by the Valkyr captured by Alad V could leave permanent mental scarring/changes on the Valkyr's specific strain of Infestation for when she's recreated within our Orbiter, even her variants.

We don't know the specifics of how the Infestation works, but this is my theory on the matter.

That the Primes are the original Orokin-designed versions of the Warframes, while the "vanilla" frames are age-degraded or simply imperfect recreations (this works for Chroma, who survived on his own for, what, a millennia? Aging). In the case of Gersemi vs vanilla Valkyr, Gersemi would've been the "imperfect" or "age-degraded" version of the frame before Alad V got his hands on it - and through torture, permanently affected the specific strain of Infestation responsible for recreating Valkyr, through the Helminth entity, so that her mind (and abilities) are changed for all variants.
It's also entirely possible that we Tenno, on our own, altered the Warframes in rebelling against our masters, though this would've resulted in imperfect designs.

There's no need to talk about time travel, either. We pretty much are the time travelers. The reason we can get the Primed frames at all is because we pull them from Void relics. The Void itself has a rather unique relationship with time and space - it can be a chaotic place, and contain relics of both the past... and the future. So we're basically reaching into the past, using the Void, to uncover the secrets of the original frame designs.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2018-07-26 at 10:34 AM, (PS4)Miriromi said:

Now hold on! Hear me out. I'm not saying we shouldn't get an Orokin style Chroma, I'm saying Chroma PRIME would be an odd choice to me.

Chroma Umbra, would be better. When we do Chroma's quest they are acting on their own like Umbra did. There was no Tenno, Simaris would have noticed Sentient tinkering I'm sure, and I highly doubt infested was involved.

So what if nothing was controlling Chroma except themselves? I think that would be the case. In fact I'm surprised we can't have Chroma act without our transference like Umbra does.

Thoughts?

Um...Sorry to be late to the party, but while I see where you are heading from with this, Chroma Prime is kind of inevitable from the fact he comes after limbo and people at DE are following a MM-FF pattern. And even then, an Orokin-styled Warframe is still a Prime Warframe, then again, there is the possibility of that I guess. And I’m sure that there are weapons of pure Orokin craft and not just a neatly Orokin-augmented weapon or Warframe.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Um...Sorry to be late to the party, but while I see where you are heading from with this, Chroma Prime is kind of inevitable from the fact he comes after limbo and people at DE are following a MM-FF pattern. And even then, an Orokin-styled Warframe is still a Prime Warframe, then again, there is the possibility of that I guess. And I’m sure that there are weapons of pure Orokin craft and not just a neatly Orokin-augmented weapon or Warframe.

To be semantic, it's not Orokin-augmented, Prime gear ARE pure orokin craft.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Then what kind of weapons can the orokin make that isn’t in the prime category? Or is anything orokin a prime?

Yeah, if it's orokin, it's considered Prime. All of our gear (frames and Tenno faction weapons) SHOULD be derived from am orokin version.

someone corect me if i'm wrong but after sacrifice can u be sure the orokin did not experiment on not just elite people(like that dax) but animals as well?chroma's description is more animal then a person or the warframe and back when chroma was a quest frame the lotus seemed to recognize it more like a animal then a warframe/tenno(this also explains why some frames have similaritys to some animals

14 minutes ago, janjandark said:

someone corect me if i'm wrong but after sacrifice can u be sure the orokin did not experiment on not just elite people(like that dax) but animals as well?chroma's description is more animal then a person or the warframe and back when chroma was a quest frame the lotus seemed to recognize it more like a animal then a warframe/tenno(this also explains why some frames have similaritys to some animals

Well, for the quest, that was probably just because of the way he was acting. And the similarity to animals is probably intentional. Animals are a quick and easy theme to design a look around. But no, it likely that any worthwhile frame that was used in the war was made from a person. Infestation usually doesn't warp a humanoid form that much (with the charger as an exception of course).

TL;DR- Since Ballas directly said they infested people for frames, yes, it's best to assume that every frame was a person.

On 2018-07-27 at 12:08 AM, Zavenosk said:

They're prime'ing warframes in relative chronological order.  The next three in line are Mesa, Chroma and Equinox, but they're likely to release Chroma next since they've since switched from male-female-male-female to male-male-female-female-male-male-female-female.

Atlas Pimre comes out.....

On 2018-08-12 at 11:05 AM, Atsia said:

Yeah, if it's orokin, it's considered Prime. All of our gear (frames and Tenno faction weapons) SHOULD be derived from am orokin version.

Not all of them. As a matter of fact, there are no less than three things in game that have Primes, but should not, and quite a number of things that shouldn't get Primes.The things that have primes but shouldn't are:

1) Valkyr(this one should, by lore, be Gersemi Prime with completely different abilities from Valkyr)

2) Nova(this frame is a product of Tenno Council research, and the Tenno Council cannot have existed in the Orokin era because it's very existence would have represented a massive threat to Orokin supremacy, and thus they would not have permitted it, and without a Tenno Council there can be no Nova)

3) Helios(this Sentinel is explicitly a Corpus-made Sentinel, much like how the Dirga is explicitly a Grineer-made Sentinel)

Some things that don't have Primes and should not get them are:

1) Titania(this frame's only existing prototype was destroyed by the Dax in their attempt to destroy the Silver Grove)

2) Octavia(Octavia is seen during the Orokin era in her default form in the Cephalon Suda backstory comics that came out shortly before her release)

3) Harrow(the only existing Harrow aside from ours is seen chained up in the Red Veil's basement, which we promptly destroy to free Rell)

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Not all of them. As a matter of fact, there are no less than three things in game that have Primes, but should not, and quite a number of things that shouldn't get Primes.The things that have primes but shouldn't are:

1) Valkyr(this one should, by lore, be Gersemi Prime with completely different abilities from Valkyr)

2) Nova(this frame is a product of Tenno Council research, and the Tenno Council cannot have existed in the Orokin era because it's very existence would have represented a massive threat to Orokin supremacy, and thus they would not have permitted it, and without a Tenno Council there can be no Nova)

3) Helios(this Sentinel is explicitly a Corpus-made Sentinel, much like how the Dirga is explicitly a Grineer-made Sentinel)

1) Titania(this frame's only existing prototype was destroyed by the Dax in their attempt to destroy the Silver Grove)

2) Octavia(Octavia is seen during the Orokin era in her default form in the Cephalon Suda backstory comics that came out shortly before her release)

3) Harrow(the only existing Harrow aside from ours is seen chained up in the Red Veil's basement, which we promptly destroy to free Rell)

With the exception of Helios maybe, all those things are eligible for Primes. It's a hard definite fact that every frame began as a Prime. What we find are the degraded production models (with the exception of Valkyr, we don't know what she looked like after Prime was made). And your point about Nova is void, IIRC is been established that us Tenno had our own culture and council during the Orokin era. @Thaylien can explain it better.

Edited by Atsia
why doesn't my @ work

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

10 minutes ago, Atsia said:

With the exception of Helios maybe, all those things are eligible for Primes. It's a hard definite fact that every frame began as a Prime. What we find are the degraded production models (with the exception of Valkyr, we don't know what she looked like after Prime was made). And your point about Nova is void, IIRC is been established that us Tenno had our own culture and council during the Orokin era. @Thaylien can explain it better.

With Helios, the lore is that the Corpus was able to reverse-engineer Helios Prime, so all is now well and good. I think this was supported by how we had the Fusion Moa event, where the Corpus did some doohickey thingamabob and discovered how to rebuild Orokin jank. Plus you know, Corpus something something Orokin descendants. 

At some point, I would not be surprised to see a Diriga Prime, since Vor's weapon is a mix or Grineer and Orokin technology. Anything is possible at this point. 

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

With Helios, the lore is that the Corpus was able to reverse-engineer Helios Prime, so all is now well and good. I think this was supported by how we had the Fusion Moa event, where the Corpus did some doohickey thingamabob and discovered how to rebuild Orokin jank. Plus you know, Corpus something something Orokin descendants. 

At some point, I would not be surprised to see a Diriga Prime, since Vor's weapon is a mix or Grineer and Orokin technology. Anything is possible at this point. 

There we go. I'm off the assumption that pretty much all sentinels WERE Orokin, then got reverse engineered.

6 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

To the things that have primes and should not list...
1) No, this fits the lore. The way I see it is that the Infested strain of the Valkyr warframe was permanently affected by the torture inflicted upon it by Alad V, causing a change in ALL Valkyr frames built from that strain from that point on. Valkyr Prime would have been designed by Ballas - Gersemi version would either be an inferior Tenno redesign or else an imperfect recreation, whereas our current "vanilla" Valkyr is what we pick up of the Valkyr thanks to Alad V doing his thing.
We don't know what her original abilities would have been, or if they were even changed to begin with, but either way - the strain being altered would have affected all Valkyr.

2) I don't think the Tenno Council is an in-game canon concept. Even though player input was used for its creation, the canon is that it was all Ballas.
Even if it is in-game, I don't see how it would be impossible that the Tenno themselves would NOT have been able to collaborate and put their own input into a Warframe design for Ballas to provide.

3) Just because the Helio is a Sentinel used by the Corpus does not mean that it was not originally designed by the Orokin. I would not be surprised if the Corpus had managed to repurpose it for their use.

To the second list:
1) Titania would still have a Prime version, because the Prime version would have been the original warframe design of the Titania. The Titania we see now, just like with every other frame we build, is an imperfect recreation of the original, likely due to flaws from the recovered blueprints.

2) That's a pretty weak reason for Octavia, tbh. It's also entirely possible that, as I've suggested above, what you see of her in the comics is already after the Tenno had imperfectly recreated her for their purposes - or else it was even just a mass-production model.

3) That Harrow would have originally been created by the Orokin, however, whether or not Rell was intended to inhabit it (long-term or not). Red Veil had to help Rell with it, so maybe they actually stole a warframe for him. It's entirely possible that the non-Primed Harrow is a result of time degrading the quality of the warframe itself, since it wouldn't have been maintained by Orbiter systems like our frames are.

I just think it's far-fetched to outright declare these things cannot be Primed, when there are ways to write the lore around that in every case, as I've demonstrated above.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

• 4 weeks later...

I am 90% sure, only the 8 vanilla warframes will get umbra. If I were to choose who got an umbra everything before Hydroid. I don't know if it's just me or not, but every warframe after Hydroid and including Hydroid just seems to be different in some way. Like a new era of warframes.So I feel like it will be either going to be Excalibur, Ash, Ember, Loki, Mag, Rhino, Trinity, and Volt, or all the warframes released between and including Excalibur to Zephyr.

Le 26/07/2018 à 17:34, (PS4)Miriromi a dit :

When we do Chroma's quest they are acting on their own like Umbra did. There was no Tenno, Simaris would have noticed Sentient tinkering I'm sure, and I highly doubt infested was involved.

It can also be like Harrow (and Stalker maybe?)

A tenno that fusion with his warframe, becaming a warframe and living without transference.

And About the future Umbra Warframes, as i understood so far, that'll be the first created warframe in the lore wich would be umbra. And, maybe Mirage. if you read her background, you know that she had to fight sentients in the past !

So far, the warframes that we know who has taken part of the fight against sentients are :

-Mirage

-Inaros

-Limbo

Sooo, they are the most exposed to be umbra warframes.

Check Ringosis Post at his link, he resume all briefly (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7fljgg/so_how_did_warframes_kill_sentients_in_the_old_war/)

Indeed ,indeed, we know the Umbra Warframes were made with Dax bodies, meaning those warframes are obviously excelent in melee fight. So you'd better not expect a Mesa Umbra , that wouldn't be logic.

To conclude, considering Teshin also use an Orvius, a Nezha Umbra wouldn't be surprising, nezha being a mellee warframe that throw some chakrams at his ennemies.

Edited by Corazon_Shadows

On 2018-09-09 at 8:31 PM, Corazon_Shadows said:

It can also be like Harrow (and Stalker maybe?)

A tenno that fusion with his warframe, becaming a warframe and living without transference.

And About the future Umbra Warframes, as i understood so far, that'll be the first created warframe in the lore wich would be umbra. And, maybe Mirage. if you read her background, you know that she had to fight sentients in the past !

So far, the warframes that we know who has taken part of the fight against sentients are :

-Mirage

-Inaros

-Limbo

Sooo, they are the most exposed to be umbra warframes.

Check Ringosis Post at his link, he resume all briefly (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7fljgg/so_how_did_warframes_kill_sentients_in_the_old_war/)

Indeed ,indeed, we know the Umbra Warframes were made with Dax bodies, meaning those warframes are obviously excelent in melee fight. So you'd better not expect a Mesa Umbra , that wouldn't be logic.

To conclude, considering Teshin also use an Orvius, a Nezha Umbra wouldn't be surprising, nezha being a mellee warframe that throw some chakrams at his ennemies.

I dont agree with DAX maybe means good in melee but I dont even know how can you be sure of that but I am sure that Dax had daughter also and its obvious that he wanted to save her cause he knew that Ballas will do what he did so she can be in new family and I guess that Ballas will find her and make her Mag Umbra.