The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope we never get Chroma Prime.

(PSN)Miriromi

On 2018-07-26 at 6:16 PM, Elanair said:

*puts the Lex away after reading the whole post* 

You get to live... for now.

Back on topic, Chroma will be the next Prime, Rebbeca already confirmed it as for the Umbra version? I rather have Loki honestly but that's because Loki is my favorite and because the devs already said that not all frames will get Umbra variants soooo... that means that only a limited number of them will be selected for the Umbra variants so of course everyone will want THEIR favorite to end up as an Umbra. Mind you, can't blame people for wanting that. Everyone wants their favorite to be turned into an Umbra.

Second Dream and Sacrifice spoilers below.

Hide contents

Also... isn't it pretty much confirmed by Ballas that all of the frames turned on them from the very beginning and that they were failures? That was before the Zariman kids started to use Transferance on them. We can read how Rhino Prime when on a rampage in his bio, he wasn't controlled at the time. That was before the Operators took control so basically Chroma moving around isn't all that special... heck, in the second dream whichever frame we pick will destroy Shadow Stalker's sword by their own accord from the looks of it.

I dont agree with that everyone wants their favorite frame to be an Umbra. For example I dont want my Nyx and Gara become somehow hurt and get some infested blood it really hurts i guess. I want Mag to be next Umbra she would have the most making sense in being next Umbra. 😗(of course I dont mean that I want Mag to be hurt.. I just want her to be next Umbra)

4 hours ago, Jereimi said:

I dont agree with that everyone wants their favorite frame to be an Umbra. For example I dont want my Nyx and Gara become somehow hurt and get some infested blood it really hurts i guess. I want Mag to be next Umbra she would have the most making sense in being next Umbra. 😗(of course I dont mean that I want Mag to be hurt.. I just want her to be next Umbra)

It was more generally speaking, I wasn't exactly speaking for the whole community here but if you look at most Umbra threads for the most part you'll see people wanting the frames they love the most as being next in line to become umbra variants. *shrugs* It's a normal thing really.

Also, hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might wanna do the Sacrifice quest again... since the info we get from Ballas' little recording thing shows that ALL warframes are made with infested blood or whatever it's called that turns them into warframes. And by the looks of it, the transformation did hurt for Umbra... a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for all of them (that it hurts like a b*tch), I mean... considering the changes your body goes through? Ouch. That couldn't have been pleasant.

On 2018-09-14 at 7:59 PM, Elanair said:

It was more generally speaking, I wasn't exactly speaking for the whole community here but if you look at most Umbra threads for the most part you'll see people wanting the frames they love the most as being next in line to become umbra variants. *shrugs* It's a normal thing really.

Also, hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might wanna do the Sacrifice quest again... since the info we get from Ballas' little recording thing shows that ALL warframes are made with infested blood or whatever it's called that turns them into warframes. And by the looks of it, the transformation did hurt for Umbra... a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for all of them (that it hurts like a b*tch), I mean... considering the changes your body goes through? Ouch. That couldn't have been pleasant.

Oh okay... but really ? Maybe I should repeat that quest again i didnt see or hear somerhing like all warframe are made by infested blood. I thought that they are made from pieces founed in the whole galaxy and that Lotus or Ballas gave them something like Life essence which can only Tenno activate... 😄

9 minutes ago, Jereimi said:

Oh okay... but really ? Maybe I should repeat that quest again i didnt see or hear somerhing like all warframe are made by infested blood. I thought that they are made from pieces founed in the whole galaxy and that Lotus or Ballas gave them something like Life essence which can only Tenno activate... 😄

was part of lore that was revealed in sacrifices quest

7 hours ago, Jereimi said:

Yeah no, the Sacrifice  explicitly says that frames were originally made by infesting a person with the Helminth strain of infestation. No ifs, ands, or buts about it really.

On 2018-09-16 at 4:06 AM, Atsia said:

Yeah no, the Sacrifice  explicitly says that frames were originally made by infesting a person with the Helminth strain of infestation. No ifs, ands, or buts about it really.

Okay but I am quiet sad about that. Just imagine that you are playing with person.... Didnt Ballas said that only Umbra is done by infested blood? Cause then second dream dont make any sense if our warframe is "alive".

44 minutes ago, Jereimi said:

Okay but I am quiet sad about that. Just imagine that you are playing with person.... Didnt Ballas said that only Umbra is done by infested blood? Cause then second dream dont make any sense if our warframe is "alive".

I confirm, all Warframes ( Prime, at least. I don't know for the China counterfeit we are creating in the back of our liset ) 

5 hours ago, Jereimi said:

No, the Vitruvian explicitly said that the first frame prototypes, these biodrones, were made by infesting a person with a uniquely made strand of infestation called Helminth. Umbra was made the same was, but  with a specially cultured strand made by Ballas. And I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Second Dream is the first indication that frames ARE "alive" in some way. The real question is why exactly they don't have sapience like Umbra does.

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

sapience like Umbra does.

Umbra is different because when... "Created" or "reborn" ... Use the term you want, he was created with this, one, unique painful memory of him killing his son. Which is why he's a bit more "alive" . He is suffering. While the others are... Imagine a human who don't think about anything. At all. That simply exist. That's it. That is what are the other normal frames. ( Prime. No idea for normal ones ) so basically  Prime Warframes are... Mentally handicapped people? I don't know how I could say it, but their mind have been totally erased. They are simply objects that can move by themselves at that point, no emotions , with the exception of Umbra , who had the feeling of suffering. Tho, did our frames grew attached to us, by saving us, in the quest, after a while?

I hope I helped you!

Edited by mikakor

15 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Umbra is different because when... "Created" or "reborn" ... Use the term you want, he was created with this, one, unique painful memory of him killing his son. Which is why he's a bit more "alive" . He is suffering. While the others are... Imagine a human who don't think about anything. At all. That simply exist. That's it. That is what are the other normal frames. ( Prime. No idea for normal ones ) so basically  Prime Warframes are... Mentally handicapped people? I don't know how I could say it, but their mind have been totally erased. They are simply objects that can move by themselves at that point, no emotions , with the exception of Umbra , who had the feeling of suffering. Tho, did our frames grew attached to us, by saving us, in the quest, after a while?

I hope I helped you!

I meant more so DE explaining what happened so that current frames are different. My personal headcannon is that every frame made after the original was specifically made completely subserviant to the tenno will, but in extreme cases, survival instincts/the mind temporarily emerge, like in the second dream.

On 2018-07-26 at 11:40 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Well, lore-wise I said the same thing about Valkyr Prime.

And there’s no going back on retconning Valkyr, Valkyr Prime, and Gersemi.

Have fun explaining Chroma Prime, but I feel that The Sacrifice questline already explains what Prime warframes are and future Primes in the making.

As if any of those things broke the lore at any point 😕

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

No, the Vitruvian explicitly said that the first frame prototypes, these biodrones, were made by infesting a person with a uniquely made strand of infestation called Helminth. Umbra was made the same was, but  with a specially cultured strand made by Ballas. And I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Second Dream is the first indication that frames ARE "alive" in some way. The real question is why exactly they don't have sapience like Umbra does.

maybe they weren't made of Dax(or other orokin) Rhino P rampaged before he found the operators. Rhino P probably was the first one to receive the transference 

30 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I meant more so DE explaining what happened so that current frames are different. My personal headcannon is that every frame made after the original was specifically made completely subserviant to the tenno will, but in extreme cases, survival instincts/the mind temporarily emerge, like in the second dream.

I have a theory on this. The standard frames and primes are explained as being blank slates without a memory. Considering in the Sacrifice quest we get warned by Ordis about feedback having a possible effect on ourselves by doing reverse transference.(which we witness) With that in mind it could be that with our extensive and long use of these warframes that we ourselves may have left an imprint of them which would also explain why the frame moved on it's own in the Second Dream.

19 hours ago, Atsia said:

I meant that Umbra saved us from being killed by sentients in the end of The Sacrifice and he was totally "alive" but our Warframe in second dream couldnt do almost anything without our help thats what I mean.

1 hour ago, Jereimi said:

I meant that Umbra saved us from being killed by sentients in the end of The Sacrifice and he was totally "alive" but our Warframe in second dream couldnt do almost anything without our help thats what I mean.

I'm still confused as that's the exact point. Our current frames AREN'T supposed to be able to move and do things on their own, which is what makes the moment in the Second Dream so shocking. With no indication on how or why, our frames that are supposed to be immobile somehow moves on its own and saves us. We then learn that frames can have memories and sapience through Umbra, so now the question is WHY EXACTLY our frames don't move and if there's anyway TO get them that level of sapience.

21 hours ago, Atsia said:

I'm still confused as that's the exact point. Our current frames AREN'T supposed to be able to move and do things on their own, which is what makes the moment in the Second Dream so shocking. With no indication on how or why, our frames that are supposed to be immobile somehow moves on its own and saves us. We then learn that frames can have memories and sapience through Umbra, so now the question is WHY EXACTLY our frames don't move and if there's anyway TO get them that level of sapience.

Yes thats really big question, but in The Sacrifice quest we saw that Excalibur Umbra was heailing or something like that because when we crafted him he was missing a part of his "head". De also changed helmet blueprint to neuroptics blueprint so I think that our Warframe in Second Dream had some last energy from us as a tenno and that he knew what to do to destroy sentient Hunhow, but it could be also that our tenno somehow told our warframe what to do with mind.. We maybe find out what happened in Second Dream by the quest New War but I think that our warframe is not alive its just a frame (of couse for me is "my warframe" my friend). Umbra is totally a person who has memories and feelings but our Warframe is somehow different and I think that that infested blood has nothing to do that with it and I totally think that our "normall" Warframe is better then Umbra cause Umbra is alive he cannow defy his creator and also he can be hypnotized by someone like Ballas who can tell him that he will do something to his family like he did to his son. Cause Umbra is from Dax family and he and his son werent last members of Dax family like I said before the Dax family is still alive but forgotten cause there must be totally girl in that family and she will have children and then Ballas will come for her like he came for that Dax and he will make next Umbra..... Mag Umbra of course. (the first female Warframe) 😄.

Yes thats really big question, but in The Sacrifice quest we saw that Excalibur Umbra was heailing or something like that because when we crafted him he was missing a part of his "head". De also changed helmet blueprint to neuroptics blueprint so I think that our Warframe in Second Dream had some last energy from us as a tenno and that he knew what to do to destroy sentient Hunhow, but it could be also that our tenno somehow told our warframe what to do with mind.. We maybe find out what happened in Second Dream by the quest New War but I think that our warframe is not alive its just a frame (of couse for me is "my warframe" my friend). Umbra is totally a person who has memories and feelings but our Warframe is somehow different and I think that that infested blood has nothing to do that with it and I totally think that our "normall" Warframe is better then Umbra cause Umbra is alive he cannow defy his creator and also he can be hypnotized by someone like Ballas who can tell him that he will do something to his family like he did to his son. Cause Umbra is from Dax family and he and his son werent last members of Dax family like I said before the Dax family is still alive but forgotten cause there must be totally girl in that family and she will have children and then Ballas will come for her like he came for that Dax and he will make next Umbra..... Mag Umbra of course. (the first female Warframe) 😄.

Well there nothing to support that we gave it orders as range, that's very much established as something we CANNOT do. When we're not piloting them, non-Umbra frames, until said otherwise, CANNOT move no matter what. And for Umbra, most of his following Ballas' orders were because of his unique transference bolt, and him killing his son was more setting up the situation and letting Umbra rampage when he fully turned than Ballas ordering it. And you do know Dax isn't a family name or anything, it's is a warrior caste. Many people were Dax like Teshin.

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

Well there nothing to support that we gave it orders as range, that's very much established as something we CANNOT do. When we're not piloting them, non-Umbra frames, until said otherwise, CANNOT move no matter what. And for Umbra, most of his following Ballas' orders were because of his unique transference bolt, and him killing his son was more setting up the situation and letting Umbra rampage when he fully turned than Ballas ordering it. And you do know Dax isn't a family name or anything, it's is a warrior caste. Many people were Dax like Teshin.

Yes Dax isnt surname or something like that. DAX is something like really big warrior and he was in group of warriors strong and good as he was so I call that family of DAX and that DAX who was done as an UMBRA had son and daughter (son died, daughter is somewhere) and that girl will be next umbra - MAG UMBRA It is most making sense.

Edited by Jereimi
Some grammar

Yes Dax isnt surname or something like that. DAX is something like really big warrior and he was in group of warriors strong and good as he was so I call that family of DAX and that DAX who was done as an UMBRA had son and daughter (son died, daughter is somewhere) and that girl will be next umbra - MAG UMBRA It is most making sense.

I don't know where you're getting the Umbra had a daughter. After reviewing the Sacrifice transcript, at no point is anything said that implies he has more children than Issah. Ballas says he'll cull Isaah's children, and Umbra's bloodline, but considering Isaah is dead as far as we know........

20 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I don't know where you're getting the Umbra had a daughter. After reviewing the Sacrifice transcript, at no point is anything said that implies he has more children than Issah. Ballas says he'll cull Isaah's children, and Umbra's bloodline, but considering Isaah is dead as far as we know........

In The Sacrifice was that pink tree which was "Line of Dax" and that pink tree dead.

Only girl (daughter of DAX) can start DAX line again so its almost sure that DAX had daughter and that she is hidden in some family cause he didnt want Ballas to find her. Daughter of DAX was growing up of course so she found partner and will have children and when will her first child get born Ballas (or that mother) will receive some signal I guess and they will want to find her and then make her next Umbra - Mag Umbra.😄

Edited by Jereimi
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Jereimi said:

In The Sacrifice was that pink tree which was "Line of Dax" and that pink tree dead.

Only girl (daughter of DAX) can start DAX line again so its almost sure that DAX had daughter and that she is hidden in some family cause he didnt want Ballas to find her. Daughter of DAX was growing up of course so she found partner and will have children and when will her first child get born Ballas (or that mother) will receive some signal I guess and they will want to find her and then make her next Umbra - Mag Umbra.😄

That......is quite the reach for a headcannon.......