The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waiting for Rhino Prime to be completed

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone

i have a Rhino Prime in the foundry now, and i'm waiting for him to be built. Then i'll need to forma it. Again and again, until is equivalent to my Vanilla Rhino, than sadly i have to delete the older plain vanilla one 😞 (i love my Rhino but of course i don't need both vanilla and prime)

So long, i'll sure use my rhino build for new prime version
zigJCmd.jpg

but i'm guessing if i can take advantage of this re-forma and start trying different builds.
For example I saw someone using a Stomp build where he would able to stomp everyone in the map during an interception sortie; or a Roar buff build where everyone else in the party will love you while doing insane damage :) or something like that
I can also try changing polarities but stand still i should be able to use the "standard" build i posted before (or something pretty similar to that)

What "alternative" build did you advice me? What change i can do to this build to let it be viable with other alternatives?

Ty for your help and advices :)

ps: as a complement i use crit-build Vaykor Hek shotgun (i need some rework on that too), status-build Akstiletto Prime and a gladiator+bloodrush crit-build Galatine Prime Tempo Royale (but i have also a more raw-damage build for GP if/when i'm planning on fighting all with primary/secondary and use GP only for quick attacks)

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Kelpie77 said:

Hi everyone

i have a Rhino Prime in the foundry now, and i'm waiting for him to be built. Then i'll need to forma it. Again and again, until is equivalent to my Vanilla Rhino, than sadly i have to delete the older plain vanilla one 😞 (i love my Rhino but of course i don't need both vanilla and prime)

So long, i'll sure use my rhino build for new prime version
zigJCmd.jpg

but i'm guessing if i can take advantage of this re-forma and start trying different builds.
For example I saw someone using a Stomp build where he would able to stomp everyone in the map during an interception sortie; or a Roar buff build where everyone else in the party will love you while doing insane damage 🙂 or something like that
I can also try changing polarities but stand still i should be able to use the "standard" build i posted before (or something pretty similar to that)

What "alternative" build did you advice me? What change i can do to this build to let it be viable with other alternatives?

Ty for your help and advices 🙂

ps: as a complement i use crit-build Vaykor Hek shotgun (i need some rework on that too), status-build Akstiletto Prime and a gladiator+bloodrush crit-build Galatine Prime Tempo Royale (but i have also a more raw-damage build for GP if/when i'm planning on fighting all with primary/secondary and use GP only for quick attacks)

Good build, I'd change Gladiator Aegis with Armored Agility (same armor, more speed) and Primed Flow with Stretch: it helps Stomp and Roar and gives better results with Ironclad Charge, thoroughly tested.

I'd also use Fleeting Expertise instead of Streamline and Blind Rage instead of Transient Fortitude for a self-survival build as you'd increase the power a lot. Just not add too many duration debuffs as you end up with no time to activate Iron Shrapnel after Ironclad Charge.

If you wish  to grind a lot of Forma try fitting Umbral Fiber and Umbral intensify on it. Unstoppable... you'd end up with all but two slots polarized though.

Hi. Ty for your help
i already have the Blind Rage in this build 😊
i was already thinking about using Fleeting Expertise but i fear the duration will be too low to use the Charge + Skin combo. Also with low duration, Roar will be rendered almost useless
I use Flow because i need a good amouynt of energy to do the "charge+charge+charge+shrapnel+skin" combo i normally use
Last but not least, i use Gladiator Aegis in lieu of Armored Agility because i have Gladiator build on GP

besides, i like my build and i was able to have an armor of 66k :)

but i'm guessing for an alternative build to be used when i don't need to be extremely efficient and i whant to have more fun :)

Stomp build should look something like this

https://goo.gl/e2beuD

You don't really need power strength nor armor, since Iron Skin absorbs incoming damage as HP. If it's getting low, just blast it with Iron Shrapnel and recast it. The knockback should keep you safe for the 0.01 seconds your Iron Skin is off, but Vitality is there in case something that's not within your monstrous range caught you off guard (most people would use Quick Thinking, but I hate my energy getting drained). Strength is vital for Roar build, but here, not so much. 

If you're Zenurik, feel free to drop the Fleeting Expertise and replace it with Constitution if you want your Stomp to last longer, or Transient Fortitude if you want your Roar to have some more impact. 

Edited by tinyranitar

16 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

Vaykor Hek is generally good, you could use something like this
https://goo.gl/vSN8US

4 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

I use Flow because i need a good amouynt of energy to do the "charge+charge+charge+shrapnel+skin" combo i normally use

AFAIK it doesn't work like that, it keeps only the last charge number of hits... 3 charges will increase the range but I hardly have enough time to hit enemies before my teammates burn them so I stick with a single charge->shrapnel->skin.

4 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

i already have the Blind Rage in this build 😊

Whoops my bad I didn't see it.

6 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

i was already thinking about using Fleeting Expertise but i fear the duration will be too low to use the Charge + Skin combo.

With Transient Fortitude yes, it would definetely be (been there failed that).

7 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

Last but not least, i use Gladiator Aegis in lieu of Armored Agility because i have Gladiator build on GP

I saw that after commenting, that way it's better Gladiato Aegis.

I have an Eidolon Build that I use also in Index with Armored Agility AND Gladiator Aegis + Augur Strenght, without Ironclad Charge. It boosts the IS on its normal cast, useful for when there is no mob to hit (like Eidolon) or Energy is limited (Index).

48 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

-snip-

than sadly i have to delete the older plain vanilla one 😞 (i love my Rhino but of course i don't need both vanilla and prime)

Just for the record...there's nothing wrong with having vanilla and prime. Because of different prime access and vaults and such I actually have 61 frames right now in my arsenal...while there are only 56 obtainable frames. I don't delete frames, I just can't bring myself to do it. So if you want to keep your normal Rhino for the memories (I certainly did with mine) then don't feel like you need to delete it just because you have prime. A layer of dust on top is better than slagging your beloved stompy boi.