Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[BUG] Extractors in the Void?

Klesfot

I'm not sure when/how i managed to do that, but rn i have an extractor operating in the void. I think that's just a minor UI bug, but could it be that the extractor can bring back argon crystals or something else from the void? I'll try to pin a screenshot later because for some reason i can't do it rn.

Extractor just finished it's job. There is a button "unload" in the void like on a regular planetary extractor, but it's inactive/unpressable. I can claim it's content(ferrite) by a "unload all" button in system map. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/GyixI5G

Also i think i remembered how this happened in the first place. I went on a mission in the void and when timer nearly exceeded i tried to place an extractor on Mercury, and i got that done right when the timer exceeded. So the algorithm apparently is 1) Start the mission timer, any mission in the void; 2) Go to another planet, open the extractor selection menu and wait untill the camera starts zooming in; 3) Select an extractor right at the end of animation.

For the record: i do not encourage anyone to use this bug in their game experience, i simply desire to help DE with polishing their awesome game.

So i just checked it again and i pulled it off again, with Europa this time, so i guess this works with other planets too: https://imgur.com/a/XgKD4Xz

Regarding what materials you get: Mercury has ferrite too, so there's a possibility that extractor was only visually in the void, while physically being on Mercury . I'll restrain myself from further investigation and let DE figure this out. They will simply need to follow the algorithm i described earlier. In case DE's afraid of peolpe using this glitch you can delete this post here later.

• 1 month later...

I ran into this bug. 2 extractors in Uranus, plus 1 more in void. I cannot retrieve extractor in the void and have to wait 4 hours to claim all. To get all finished extractors, zoom all the way out in navigation.

Edit: no mission timer needed. On game controller, press "To Void", then 0.1 seconds later, press R3 (right stick) twice.

Edited by sam686