Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(All Platforms) Proxy Rebellion Weekend Event

[DE]Helen

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty, nothing was particularly hard for a higher level player, it was just a time sink because of the length of the missions. 

I had to carry every single group in every mission and I'm only MR16.  I ended up having to do the first defense mission myself after quiting twice due to someones terrible internet connection and a group who decided that standing next to the objective was the most work they were willing to do so I left after 3 rounds.  They were all newer players <MR8. 

Either these missions should be labeled properly reflecting their actual difficulty or MR locked. I know that sometimes MR doesn't mean anything, most of the time it does.  But I mean after the first mission it was pretty clear what to expect from the rest of them.  The number of newer players that dont' seem to care about anything is getting out of hand.

The sigil really isn't anything special at all and I enjoy fashion framing quite a bit so if you can't play this weekend don't worry about you aren't missing anything.

11 minutes ago, Johnny5five said:

I had to carry every single group in every mission and I'm only MR16.  I ended up having to do the first defense mission myself after quiting twice due to someones terrible internet connection and a group who decided that standing next to the objective was the most work they were willing to do so I left after 3 rounds.  They were all newer players <MR8.  

Either these missions should be labeled properly reflecting their actual difficulty or MR locked. I know that sometimes MR doesn't mean anything, most of the time it does.  But I mean after the first mission it was pretty clear what to expect from the rest of them.  The number of newer players that dont' seem to care about anything is getting out of hand. 

The sigil really isn't anything special at all and I enjoy fashion framing quite a bit so if you can't play this weekend don't worry about you aren't missing anything.

Yeah kind of agree that the lower level missions didn't really 'match' the level listed (not that hard like I say for a higher level) so was likely a bit of a shock for the low level players compared with their 'usual' enemies. 

I basically carried the first mission with khora (2 players came in with ember thinking they'd be able to 'cheese it' until you keep getting your energy sapped regularly), second was just using slow nova while waiting on the counter to hit 100, three was wandering around with inaros for 20 minutes and reviving the low level player when he died with a bit of killing here and there.  Fourth mission was a team where we were all fairly high level and there were 2 octavias so you can imagine how smoothly that went...

I think the problem that we're starting to see more now (along with more frequent forum threads about leeching) is that a lot of new new players go into 'harder' missions and 'expect' higher level players to carry them rather than realising that they're not ready for it, now I don't mind a 'newbie' coming into a mission which is too hard for them as long as they 'try' but not all of them do, having said that I've seen some 'trying' and coming out with 1% damage and 0 kills even though you've watched them swinging their sword at the enemies constantly the entire mission lol

9 hours ago, Praxxor said:

Incoming salt from rift sigil owners

(I own one too)

I believe you're mistaken about that. It's just a sigil, doesn't signify anything, and this isn't the first time it's come around. This should be the third appearance.

Not a very good sigil either.

7 hours ago, Stenu said:

Ehh and Rift sigil is no more fun to use ty De ;/

Btw i want  this sygil to return but not in that Crapy way.  Before you need to put hard work to get it and that was  fun and rewarding if you get it  and now ?.

and where are reward for veterans ?  still nothing ;<

Chill. It's not a very good sigil, plus it's just a sigil. Doesn't signify anything.

Yeah I did the first mission, fought level 150-170 enemies when it was only suppose to be level 120-140. But it wasn't difficult. This I believe is the third appearance of this sigil in the game anyway.

54 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I believe you're mistaken about that. It's just a sigil, doesn't signify anything, and this isn't the first time it's come around. This should be the third appearance.

Not a very good sigil either.

I know people who spent days farming that thing, and they're spewing salt ever since this event started.

And this sigil was behind RNG, now it's guaranteed, big difference there.

And the last part is just subjective man, you can't be hoping to use that as an argument.

9 часов назад, Stenu сказал:

Ehh and Rift sigil is no more fun to use ty De ;/

If fun and value of something for you is determined by being a special snowflake you're gonna have a bad time in general and playing WF in particular.

Honestly have to say that this event felt like a complete drag.

The first mission was a 20 wave defense with lots of eximus units and Hyenas. Nothing special, in my eyes a bit too long, but at least still enough enemies to keep you sort of engaged.

The second mission, a sortie-style interception for three rounds, was horrendous with at most about 5 enemies present at any given moment. 99% of the time in that mission was spent just sitting there doing nothing.

The third mission was also plagued by a significant lack of enemy spawns, and also dragged on for way longer than it needed to.

Bored by those three missions, I didn't bother with the fourth, since the reward isn't actually enticing to me.

And the lack of any meaningful context for the event that tells us why this is happening doesn't help, either. Why are the Crewmen being replaced? And more importantly: Why is it called a Rebellion? Who's rebelling? Are the robots turning on their masters?

So overall, there's no lore and the missions are boring. Sorry, DE, but this wasn't really fun. It felt more like an extended "Gift of the Lotus" alert than an event or at least a tactical alert... unless of course it was meant to just be a little handout.

I'd suggest to increase the enemy spawns, especially in mission #2, shorten the defense and survival and give us players some context. For an event it would have been more engaging to do a different sequence of missions that plays like a small quest. Do a Spy to gather intel on the happenings in the Corpus faction, do a Defense to steal some of the robots for analysis and finish it with a sabotage/Raptor fight to put a dent into the robot production and finish with a beefed up defense mission for those who want to go nuts and get that Rift Sigil.

Also: Don't take this as me saying that the missions should be harder. I think they should simply be more engaging and keep the time players spend just twiddling their thumbs to a minimum.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Praxxor:

Incoming salt from rift sigil owners

(I own one too)

Yup. Considering the sheer amount of bullS#&amp;&#036; we had to go through back in the day (i havent forgotten that draco interception while red text taunted the entire world about the 0,17% ratio of teams completing the mission) having it drop from a simple lvl 50 defense is a bit insulting. They could've at least matched the difficulty.

They do seem pretty hellbent on handing out all the old prestige stuff to as many newbs as possible at the moment - by the current speed i think the only prestigious item left by 2019 will be f*in excal prime xD

9 hours ago, Praxxor said:

I know people who spent days farming that thing, and they're spewing salt ever since this event started.

And this sigil was behind RNG, now it's guaranteed, big difference there.

And the last part is just subjective man, you can't be hoping to use that as an argument.

Yeah that was probably the second appearance into the game this sigil has made. Originally there was a tactical alert that people complained was too easy. DE responded with an Endurance that was set on Draco, interception. Fighting level 120-140. I fought level 150-170 my first time around, and helped people complete it again that same day. Did vary between 120 and 170 level enemies. Was a guaranteed reward for completing the Endurance alert.

It Has been in Phoenix Intercept, which by the name, you can guess was the endurance alert. Also in Emergency Exit, Project Undermine, and now Proxy Rebellion.

mRnMtmZ.jpg

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sigils

So this isn't the second time it's came to the game as a reward, nor the first time it's been guaranteed. I know, I haven't missed out on tactical alerts, or even, events.

But you are correct, it is subjective. It's not a good looking sigil to me, on most of frames. Works really well with Volt and Ash though.

Damn, those Hyenas are annoying with that energy sap... You definitely should mark it as an event for more experienced players, I went in with lvl 5 gear thinking I'd level some stuff up. That eximus horde isn't exactly a standard lvl 15-20 mission lol. At least after finishing it all I got 8 full Oberon sets 😄

9 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

And the lack of any meaningful context for the event that tells us why this is happening doesn't help, either. Why are the Crewmen being replaced? And more importantly: Why is it called a Rebellion? Who's rebelling? Are the robots turning on their masters?

That's my main gripe as well. Without a narrative, the tasks feel like yet another string of chores with a Skinner-box style treat at the end.

I solo'd the first mission, and the whole wave upon wave upon wave setup felt so contrived and tedious, that I seriously doubt I'll bother with the other missions. It's a really good indication, that the event was badly designed, when the normal content is more fun and the rewards aren't enough to drag the players through the tedium.

4 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

That's my main gripe as well. Without a narrative, the tasks feel like yet another string of chores with a Skinner-box style treat at the end.

I solo'd the first mission, and the whole wave upon wave upon wave setup felt so contrived and tedious, that I seriously doubt I'll bother with the other missions. It's a really good indication, that the event was badly designed, when the normal content is more fun and the rewards aren't enough to drag the players through the tedium.

Really? Maybe speak for yourself. I fad fun in the 4 missions. Played all 4 with pugs, no one complained do one left, had some new players. We had a bit of fun.

So eh... at least it's good to know most will do the content, grab the rewards and move on not QQ about it on the forums.

Archived